Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO poor performance with a GTX 1080ti and i7 8700k

• iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive mentioned it before but this helped me massively, I doubled my FPS and went from averaging 30-40fps to 70+ https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/comments/3jjoql/are_you_having_fps_issues_wih_eso_on_a_pc_well/
    though some people I recommend trying it say it didn't do anything.
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem with ESO is not CPU, any CPU made after 2009 will run the game fine. In terms of GPU ESO doesn’t really require much horsepower. On CPU and GPU ZOS did ok.

The problem is in the net code and their use of TCP. TCP is an awful choice for tea time combat games. How TCP works is every time you send a packet to the server, the server must send back an ack packet telling you it recieved it before more is sent and vice versa...well when you have an entire factions all spamming the server with TCP packets and they all need to be ack what does one think would happen?

TCP has a ton of overhead, sure it was easier for ZOS to use TCP over UDP but the penalty for that is the lag we have. It will never be fixed as long as the game uses TCp short of putting cooldowns on every skill if they continue with TCP.

Literally Every single real time combat type of game from arcade street fighters to FPS use UDP for this reason, because you don’t have to ack everything, the server can send the client one packet with all the updated data instead of the long waits and lag we have with TCP. TCP should have only been used as a control channel and an authentication method, everything else should have been UDP. This would have required more coding work since you have to handle errors and such, but the game wouldn’t lag like it does now.

It’s too late in the game now though, no way they re-write the netcode in proper UDP.

Last night I had 100 FPS with a 500+ ping at some points, nothing I can do about that...the server is flooded with TCP requests that are qued it needs to ack. It is what it is.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf not anymore since I have i7 7740X and x2 1080ti SLI for some stupid reason while in eso my gpu usage goes to 80%+ are you serious? and cpu usage is max 25% if not less

ESO will actually work better with no SLI on a single card if this tells you anything. Try it

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone noticed a performace improvement now that only the 64 client can be used ?
  • Bakkagami
    Bakkagami
    ✭✭✭
    killmove wrote: »
    If you think that upgrading your rig will enchance the game performance and graphics then save your money.

Proof :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvKTo8QmNsU

out of curiosity, what resolution are you at?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone noticed a performace improvement now that only the 64 client can be used ?

All the people with just a 32-bit computer no longer have lag in Cyrodiil. :smile:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    Bakkagami wrote: »
    If you think that upgrading your rig will enchance the game performance and graphics then save your money.

Proof :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvKTo8QmNsU

out of curiosity, what resolution are you at?

1440p
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @lordrichter cuz they can no longer play the game ?:))
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Sigtric I did and had the same exact same performance.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @lordrichter cuz they can no longer play the game ?:))

:smiley:
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually now that its 64 bit only my performance took a nose dive, lost like 10-20 fps and trying to do everything I can to scrap some of it back.
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Invincible
    Invincible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    7700hq/gtx1050 4g ddr5. With all sliders to max I get 60 fps everywhere but mournhold during peak hours.
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    Invincible wrote: »
    7700hq/gtx1050 4g ddr5. With all sliders to max I get 60 fps everywhere but mournhold during peak hours.

In mid I presume with 1080p
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    Hello

can someone post/give updated (actual) tweak/guide for fps boost? Can be link.
  • Zymcio
    Zymcio
    ✭✭✭
    Ok i found best settings for me :)

My notebook spec:

CPU i7-7700HQ
    GPU GTX 1050 Ti
    RAM 16 GB DDR 4

I followed some tweak guides.

Addional i instaled addon "Voltan's Advanced Settings" to limit MAX FPS = SET 60

In Documents -> Elder Scrolls Online -> Live -> usersettings.txt

- SET GPUSmoothingFrames "0"
    - SET HIGH_RESOLUTION_SHADOWS "0"
    - SET SHADOWS "0"
    - SET SOFT_ALPHA "0"
    - SET MAX_ANISOTROPY "0"
    - SET MIP_LOAD_SKIP_LEVELS "-3"

In game

Display Mode = Windowed (Fullscreen)
    Vertical Sync = ON
    Anti-Aliasing = OFF

Below rest

https://ibb.co/bJpyfx

After all this changes i made i have now const 60 FPS only in city sometimes go to 30 FPS .
    BTW my notebook is no more overheating ;)

Edited by Zymcio on February 21, 2018 10:05PM
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dual core game...
  • JJBoomer
    JJBoomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    these are my specs:
    w1n4qY4.png

Game runs with no issues on Ultra settings (all maxed), and there is no lag (even in cyrodil), no fps issues either.
  • RajinPVP
    RajinPVP
    ✭✭✭
    Im using i7 6800k oc to 4.7 ,gtx 1080 , 32 gb ram, gsync monitor 144hz, fps still dips around 40-50 busy towns but other than that im 60+ fps on dungeons on max settings and i just turn down “shadow” and “grass” on pvp then ill be smooth. I also turnoff nvidia experience coz its kinda useless and make the game use more gpu somehow.
    Edited by RajinPVP on February 21, 2018 10:29PM
  • Xundiin
    Xundiin
    ✭✭✭✭
    My CPU is running at 4.3 Ghz on a single core.

There is more to it than just speed. My CPU is 4.2 Ghz. yet your CPU will run circles around mine.

Let me explain it in simple terms. We'll call your cpu ferryboat 1 and mine ferryboat 2. lets say my ferryboat is 4.4Ghz and yours is 3.8. So mine can make more trips, but I have a smaller boat. So I have to make more trips to equal one trip of yours. I can't remember the term, but it's basically how much the cpu can handle on a clock cycle. It's why you can't compare a i5 to an AMD on Ghz.

if you look at our 2 CPU's you say that yours is slightly better because it has a .1 clock cycle speed over mine. But I know your CPU is miles better than mine because mine can't transfer the same amount of info in one clock cycle. And this is where the CPU can bottle neck your system.
    Phage wrote: »
    Here's the thing:

I upgraded from an FX-8350 to an i7-7700k and saw about a 40% increase in FPS on my setup. The reason for this is that the FX series is poor in single-thread performance compared to the i-series.

To be fair... almost anything would see a performance increase over an FX series. It's been know to bottleneck the system by at least 25%-35% alone. I think it's called API, which is the transfer amount in one clock cycle, and the FX series had really bad transfer rates.

Edited by Xundiin on February 21, 2018 10:55PM
    #SavePlayer1
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry OP, but my rig uses a GTX 1080ti and runs flawlessly.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJBoomer wrote: »
    these are my specs:
    w1n4qY4.png

Game runs with no issues on Ultra settings (all maxed), and there is no lag (even in cyrodil), no fps issues either.

Best sarcasm...
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I highly recommend Voltan's Adaptive Settings: http://www.esoui.com/downloads/info1239-VotansAdaptiveVideo-Settings.html

This add-on allows you to set a target framerate and when it cannot reach that framerate it drops draw distance and some other settings to help lessen the CPU load in populated areas. It allows me to have full ultra settings in the wild and dynamically lowers draw distance in populated cities where the CPU limits kick in. I highly recommend it.

I am not sure how well it works in PVP, but it is great in PVE areas.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game runs the same on my GTX 660, 970, and 1080. It's not optimized at all.

Getting a top-of-the-line i7 and overclocking to its limit will help a little but (like giving you an extra 5 fps), but that's it.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on February 23, 2018 5:22AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry OP, but my rig uses a GTX 1080ti and runs flawlessly.

I'll bet it does.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with that rig I wouldn't recommend having View Distance and particles turned up to max like that.

The game looks gross without max view distance.