Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ESO poor performance with a GTX 1080ti and i7 8700k

killmove
killmove
✭✭✭
If you think that upgrading your rig will enchance the game performance and graphics then save your money.

Proof :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvKTo8QmNsU
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1st!
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Game is CPU based so if you were already using a good cpu, you prob were fine.

I’m sure someone can comment later on diff tweaks. Looks like you got great hardware tho

Shoooot I’d buy another game just to show it off.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on February 10, 2018 1:21PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1st!

Well, its a LITTLE better than my 17-3820 & gtx 1050 titan
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf not anymore since I have i7 7740X and x2 1080ti SLI for some stupid reason while in eso my gpu usage goes to 80%+ are you serious? and cpu usage is max 25% if not less
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no offence but duh
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NewBlacksmurf not anymore since I have i7 7740X and x2 1080ti SLI for some stupid reason while in eso my gpu usage goes to 80%+ are you serious? and cpu usage is max 25% if not less

Interesting, I’m going off what “they” said, the ZOS staff comments here and on the ESO live dedicated to the Xbox one x info.

Hope it’s not bad info.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    50% GPU usage and 20% CPU

you guys agree that my config is much more better than the recommanded one

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-gb/news/post/26031?PC/Mac-System-Requirements-for-ESO:-Morrowind

Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel® Core i5 2300 or AMD FX4350
    8GB System RAM
    85GB free HDD space
    DirectX 11 compliant video card with 2 GB of RAM (NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750 or AMD Radeon™ HD 7850) or higher
  • JasonSilverSpring
    JasonSilverSpring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO is very single CPU thread dependent in populated areas. Compare Elden Root to the Harborage. But with a 1080 Ti you can use DSR and ReShade (or Nvidia's new FreeStyle) to enhance the visuals some. Strong single core CPU is biggest help. But pretty much any rig will see frame rate drops in crowded cities unless draw distance is really reduced.

I use the Adaptive Settings add-on to let it dynamically reduce draw distance when in populated areas.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It does not matter on how good your pc is if the game is not really optimized.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Zer0oo "Quality of life" updates incoming!
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS are "trying" to optimise it and start to shift it off being so CPU bound. We shall see how well that goes.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems to be fine for my i7-7700HQ and 1070 except.... it seems to be overheating and crashing the computer.

It feels like the base game has serious performance issues while vvandenfel and morrowind is much better.
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    Another very important thing is ESO is starved for the fastest RAM as is for CPU IPC.
    I know somebody tested it on reddit for RAM speed and its impact on ESO.
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

CPU, particularly single core CPU performance, is the best investment when building a system for ESO.

Your CPU usage number is deceptive. ESO tends to favor one core over the others, and if that core is maxed out, so is your game. Your CPU usage number will not reflect that.

For this game, the CPU is doing a lot of the work and feeding new data to the graphics cards. From a hardware perspective, how fast the CPU, motherboard, and graphics cards can move that information onto the graphics cards will determine how good ESO runs. Hopefully, now that we are getting away from DX9, they can update the game to offload some of that back to the GPU.

For @killmove, yes, you are right. Conventional thinking is that a better GPU, or even SLI, is how to make games perform better. That is not the case with ESO.

ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

CPU, particularly single core CPU performance, is the best investment when building a system for ESO.

Your CPU usage number is deceptive. ESO tends to favor one core over the others, and if that core is maxed out, so is your game. Your CPU usage number will not reflect that.

But it reflects exactly that. If you have 8 cores and ESO uses only 1 of them, it means the game is using only 12.5% of the entire capacity of your CPU.
  • Remag_Div
    Remag_Div
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Town areas are just the worst. I really wish this game was better optimized.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got the i7 with the fastest cores i went with a 4 core game runs on ultra and high on all settings also running a 40 inch screen .

I did use the samsung m.2 bubble gum stick hard drive
    Edited by firedrgn on February 10, 2018 4:24PM
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped my eso+ because of those pathetic performance, better use that money in FFXIV sub
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But it reflects exactly that. If you have 8 cores and ESO uses only 1 of them, it means the game is using only 12.5% of the entire capacity of your CPU.

Again, a deceptive number because it does not matter. It says that ESO is not fully using more than 1 core, and we already know that. What is more important is the performance of the core being used, and the global CPU number does not address that.

If you want to improve your performance and make ESO run better, the number is meaningless.

If you want to sit in a forum and complain about how poorly optimized ESO is, buy a 12 core. It probably uses 8% of that one.

Edit for clarity
    Edited by Elsonso on February 10, 2018 4:33PM
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    :o I run the game on a gtx 950 and a 3.8 ghz quad core (I forget the exact specs) and the only performance issue I ever have with the game is in cyrodiil, and even then that’s just lag.
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    try epyc
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is more important is the performance of the core being used

No it's not. I literally run ESO smoother on my laptop running a 30 watt haswell mobile *** cpu than a proper gaming ready desktop kaby lake with a GTX 1060. And it's not the first time i see this. This game engine defies all logic. There is not one single way to guarantee you will get good performance.
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭

No it's not. I literally run ESO smoother on my laptop running a 30 watt haswell mobile *** cpu than a proper gaming ready desktop kaby lake with a GTX 1060. And it's not the first time i see this. This game engine defies all logic. There is not one single way to guarantee you will get good performance.

well spoken, that's exactly the issue here
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stovahkiin wrote: »
    :o I run the game on a gtx 950 and a 3.8 ghz quad core (I forget the exact specs) and the only performance issue I ever have with the game is in cyrodiil, and even then that’s just lag.

I run a 4 GB GTX 960 with an older Haswell quad core i7 and have zero PVE issues. I don't do Cyrodiil. I picked the i7, chipset, SSD, and motherboard with ESO in mind. My frame rates are about the same as in the OP's video, and his Coffee Lake CPU is only 7.5% faster than mine for single thread performance.

Based on that video, I see no reason to upgrade my hardware until ZOS changes their software.

I obviously disagree. When you have a game that runs primarily on a single core, anything you can do to improve the performance of that core will help.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I cant really see on my phone. Ill post mine later if i have time.
  • killmove
    killmove
    ✭✭✭

I run a 4 GB GTX 960 with an older Haswell quad core i7 and have zero PVE issues. I don't do Cyrodiil. I picked the i7, chipset, SSD, and motherboard with ESO in mind. My frame rates are about the same as in the OP's video, and his Coffee Lake CPU is only 7.5% faster than mine for single thread performance.

Based on that video, I see no reason to upgrade my hardware until ZOS changes their software.

My CPU is running at 4.3 Ghz on a single core.
    I obviously disagree. When you have a game that runs primarily on a single core, anything you can do to improve the performance of that core will help.

i think this is related to their parameter save on server. i noticed that even when changing my pc i keept some parameter stored in the server.
    Edited by killmove on February 10, 2018 7:32PM
  • ChuckyPayne
    ChuckyPayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    O.o nice numbers, and very fast travel, loading, map with addons. soo smooth.
  • Malmai
    Malmai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    killmove wrote: »
    If you think that upgrading your rig will enchance the game performance and graphics then save your money.

Proof :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvKTo8QmNsU

I posted 2 years ago with titan and 4790k OCd while having 40fps in town :D
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Run this game on a Google serverfarm and it will still have bad performance as it is simply poorly made/optimized in that regard.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I obviously disagree.

That's cute but you can't disagree with facts.