The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Stygian fix?

Baconlad
Baconlad
✭✭✭✭✭
I'm not sure if this set is working as intended or not...if it's working than it's just earned a place on my top ten list of useless sets.

I did spent about two hours finding all the pieces, not much. But about 15k later I went to test dark flare, and the damage wasn't being boosted, which is weird cause it used to be. I assumed they only changed the buff, not how the buff was applied. Did a quick search, come find out it hasn't been buffing the skills magtoons would be using with the set for about a year now. So...

Shame on me for not knowing about the issue. Good thing I still have soulshine, spinner to fall back on...

Gina can we atleast get acknowledgment that there is or isn't something wrong with the set?
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What you're probably experiencing is Dark Flare pulling you out of stealth at the end of the cast, not when the projectile hits. You need to be sneaking/invisible when the projectile impacts to get the Stygian bonus.

It's a nice set for magblades (you can cloak->lotus fan+concealed and get all of that buffed) - shame it doesn't buff ultimates or heavy attacks anymore :(
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    What you're probably experiencing is Dark Flare pulling you out of stealth at the end of the cast, not when the projectile hits. You need to be sneaking/invisible when the projectile impacts to get the Stygian bonus.

It's a nice set for magblades (you can cloak->lotus fan+concealed and get all of that buffed) - shame it doesn't buff ultimates or heavy attacks anymore :(

Man, I remember running around with a 2 Handed Magblade, abusing Stygian plus Onslaught, though hitting people with 35k damage that ignores mitigation from stealth was a tad imbalanced.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    DDuke wrote: »

Man, I remember running around with a 2 Handed Magblade, abusing Stygian plus Onslaught, though hitting people with 35k damage that ignores mitigation from stealth was a tad imbalanced.

Well, maybe with the 2H ulti it was a bit too much, but I still think it should be able to buff magicka ultimates & light/heavy attacks - that'd definitely make melee magblade more viable in current meta.

At the moment you can kind of instagib medium armor builds & people without shield up with Caluurion+Stygian if you land your combo, but you're so so helpless against tank builds when playing that :neutral:
  • chiipso
    chiipso
    ✭✭✭
    @Baconlad unfortunately stygian has been nerfed/broken for a while, when they changed stygian from max magicka and spell damage, they also messed with how stealth worked. So yes even though the set buffa magicka abilities you cannot actually use it with any type of caster skill, unless you are a magnb that can cloak afterwards..

Shame really, set has a lot of potentional to still be useful, but is sadly ruined by how the stealth mechanic was changed a couple of patches ago.
  • Joshuagm1991
    Joshuagm1991
    ✭✭✭
    I've always been interested in this set. Heavy attacks don't even work?