The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PVPers: Do you want a Vivec 2?

coop500
coop500
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
As the title says, would you all like a second Vivec server campaign to split up the population?
No I don't mean Shor
Edit: Happy spelling nazis?
Edited by coop500 on February 4, 2018 11:43PM
Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?

PVPers: Do you want a Vivec 2? 233 votes

Yes
22%
vailjohn_ESORudyardAzuryaSqcfalcasternub18_ESOAnazasiTonno_SenSeiIdinuselonewolf26AhPook_Is_HereMasterSpatulaLazkinGothlanderlzzyhydrocynusEirellaTequilaFireUniverseneowonDragath 53 votes
No
57%
fastolfv_ESOSolarikenjosh.lackey_ESOItsMeToocodybrewer78b14_ESOdeepseamk20b14_ESOGedericRDMyers65b14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOmoutonMadyHrogunIruil_ESOEtanielloic-munckb16_ESOIzanagi.Xiiib16_ESORebAllPlayAndNoWorkYakidafiKnootewoot 135 votes
Maybe
12%
GilvothSkuaUloSheezabeastbottleofsyrupleeuxbadmojodarkstar2084Talwyn_AurelianoStovahkiinChunkyCatCadburycrusnik91LadyNalcaryaMjolnirVilkasAnviOfVaiLarry78Squeaky_Cleancoop500LeagueTroll 30 votes
Other
6%
Bam_Bamstarlizard70ub17_ESOVilestrideLobotronDutchessxMrWesleyPipesLeandorlardvaderIm_MegaDeathVapirkoErmiqRunscheiHarlotsLokidi_rtyNyassaV 15 votes
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    no i want vivec fixed, if you understood vivec you would know theres not enough guilds atleast on dc side to even split between 2 servers so what would be accomplished? pugs swarm to where guilds start fights so the pug population will follow the guilds making it one big lopsided server no matter how you split things up
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe
    no i want vivec fixed, if you understood vivec you would know theres not enough guilds atleast on dc side to even split between 2 servers so what would be accomplished? pugs swarm to where guilds start fights so the pug population will follow the guilds making it one big lopsided server no matter how you split things up

You're right, I don't know how it works, because I would never dare step foot in a place with so many blood thirsty people.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't that supposed to be Shor?

I don't stick around on Vivec because its a 30 day long campaign. I stick to Vivec because it has the highest population and the most balanced and competitive CP PVP population at all times of the day, at least on PC/NA.

Shor doesn't have that. Shor gets competitive at primetime, but during primetime I'm running with an organized raid. There just isn't enough competition for an organized raid to fight in Shor regularly - we'd just be zerging the map, effectively. Better for us to stick to Vivec where we can have raid v raid fights and face actual competition.

If Shor had the population to support raid v raid combat (which you'll see again in the Midyear MAyhem festival) I'd probably go back to Shor more often. But getting people to go over to Shor is hard. It would take a cross faction effort to get people over there because if only one faction moves over, the problem of unblanced and non-competitive population on Shor just perpetuates itself.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe

I don't stick around on Vivec because its a 30 day long campaign. I stick to Vivec because it has the highest population and the most balanced and competitive CP PVP population at all times of the day, at least on PC/NA.

Shor doesn't have that. Shor gets competitive at primetime, but during primetime I'm running with an organized raid. There just isn't enough competition for an organized raid to fight in Shor regularly - we'd just be zerging the map, effectively. Better for us to stick to Vivec where we can have raid v raid fights and face actual competition.

If Shor had the population to support raid v raid combat (which you'll see again in the Midyear MAyhem festival) I'd probably go back to Shor more often. But getting people to go over to Shor is hard. It would take a cross faction effort to get people over there because if only one faction moves over, the problem of unblanced and non-competitive population on Shor just perpetuates itself.

No Shor is only 7 days and if Vivec is any clue, the general public like 30 days over 7 days
    Edited by coop500 on February 4, 2018 11:44PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    there is only one vivec and he is a dunmeri god, hmm I guess vehk the mortal counts? so we already have 2 vivecs
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coop500 wrote: »

No Shor is only 7days

Yes, i'm aware. Shor is the 7 day CP campaign that effectively serves as Vivec's overflow server for people who want to PVP with their CP but don't want to deal with Vivec's lag and massive queues.

So if you want to know how a third CP campaign would fare, whether its a 7 day or a 30-day campaign, take a look at Shor. Shor is largely empty or very one sided except in primetime when the population picks up. Even at primetime, a single organized raid can flip the map. I know, I've done that. Then my raid promptly went back to Vivec because we prefer competition to merely flipping the map.

There's nothing all that special about a 30-day campaign that's going to magically make it perform any better than Shor.
  • deepseamk20b14_ESO
    deepseamk20b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I just want a server that works. I’m not a networker but does ZoS need to upgrade their servers? Is that the issue?
    Hey everyone! Look! It's a signature!
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    No, what I want is a stable Cyrodiil but from what I've heard there's "NO ETA".
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No Shor is only 7 days and if Vivic is any clue, the general public like 30 days over 7 days

See, I look at Vivec and think, if Vivec is any clue, the general public likes a competitive campaign with relatively balanced population and PVP going on at all hours. They'd like it even better without lag. Just so happens that the only CP campaign that has that happens to be Vivec.

Edited to add: By the way, I try not to get nitpicky with spelling often, but its Vivec. The current campaigns were named after the Tribunal as part of the Morrowind expansion, Vivec (30-day CP), Sotha Sil (30-day No CP) and Almalexia (7-day No CP, now removed due to lack of competitive population).
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 4, 2018 11:38PM
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe

No Shor is only 7 days and if Vivic is any clue, the general public like 30 days over 7 days

See, I look at Vivec and think, if Vivec is any clue, the general public likes a competitive campaign with relatively balanced population and PVP going on at all hours. They'd like it even better without lag. Just so happens that the only CP campaign that has that happens to be Vivec.

Edited to add: By the way, I try not to get nitpicky with spelling often, but its Vivec. The current campaigns were named after the Tribunal as part of the Morrowind expansion, Vivec (30-day CP), Sotha Sil (30-day No CP) and Almalexia (7-day No CP, now removed due to lack of competitive population).

I try not to be nitpicky but you are.... Typical Morrowind fan TBH
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I try not to be nitpicky but you are.... Typical Morrowind fan TBH

I'll cop to that one :)
  • Bajlk
    Bajlk
    ✭✭✭
    Isn‘t one lagy enough?!
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Dead cities
  • LordSemaj
    LordSemaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So if you want to know how a third CP campaign would fare, whether its a 7 day or a 30-day campaign, take a look at Shor. Shor is largely empty or very one sided except in primetime when the population picks up. Even at primetime, a single organized raid can flip the map. I know, I've done that. Then my raid promptly went back to Vivec because we prefer competition to merely flipping the map.

That's largely due to a lack of reliable communication for the faction and a horde of spy trolls that make information unreliable. If Cyrodiil featured a system similar to PlanetSide's map alerts, where people could accurately measure the scale of an encounter or the severity of a keep raid, then the army would mobilize to the correct response areas and waste less time chasing after 3-man streakers.
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    When CP were turned off in all PVP last summer and the double AP event was going on, Vivec was still by far the most popular campaign, even though people could have gone to others, since there was no real difference at that time. ZoS actually added extra campaigns at that time, too, but most competitive players still queued for Vivec. People want to play with people they're used to playing with, lag or no lag.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • Im_MegaDeath
    Im_MegaDeath
    ✭✭✭
    Other
    As the title says, would you all like a second Vivec server campaign to split up the population?
    No I don't mean Shor

how do I change my answer to no
    DC - Im MegaDeath (Stam DK) PvP
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    A second Sotha Sil however....
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's what I want:
    • I want 300 players on screen at the same time with no lag. Like we had at launch. It's possible.
    • I want the disgusting champion system removed from PvP and some form of softcaps reinstated in PvP.
    • I want the battle spirit heal/shield/damage debuff removed since it would no longer be necessary with caps.
    • And I want the iconic class skills, gear, and basic game mechanics that have been around since launch all un-nerfed and un-butchered back the way they were.

Give us a campaign that can do that and you wouldn't need another vivec.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe
    No I don't mean Shor

how do I change my answer to no

You can't far as I know
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No thank you.

Vivec is the lag fest I try to avoid.

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Ratzkifal wrote: »
    A second Sotha Sil however....

I would love a 7 or 14 days non CP :)
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    I want a fixed pvp and cyrodill 1st.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, ZOS should be able to deliver game performance that they've promised since launch. A second vivec would be another dead campaign used to swap emp.
  • dennissomb16_ESO
    dennissomb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    As much as I find the que at prime time annoying for Vivec PC NA, adding a second 30 day CP campaign will likely not really change the que. The new campaign will simply become another emp flipping campaign and players will go to original Vivec for their main play. Cynical I know.
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    No, I do not play on Vivec cause lag 24/7 and Shor is mostly dead except for DC zerg on EU side. They are literally double both ep and ad together at any time.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    If any, I'd prefer a Sotha 2 (or whatever the no-cp 30 day is called on each platform & region).
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    You people who worry so much about emp flipping need to get a grip.
    Who cares? Really, how does that affect you at all?
    Only a handful of people out of thousands are allowed to complete their achievements?
    On PS4 Vivec it is the same 4 to 5 people over and over again, never changing for years.
    Edited by TequilaFire on February 5, 2018 4:45AM
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Here's what I want:
    • I want 300 players on screen at the same time with no lag. Like we had at launch. It's possible.
    • I want the disgusting champion system removed from PvP and some form of softcaps reinstated in PvP.
    • I want the battle spirit heal/shield/damage debuff removed since it would no longer be necessary with caps.
    • And I want the iconic class skills, gear, and basic game mechanics that have been around since launch all un-nerfed and un-butchered back the way they were.

Give us a campaign that can do that and you wouldn't need another vivec.

As a mdk I’m all for this!
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    About half the time I spend Pvping is spent in Shor while I queue for my home campaign in Vivec. This means half of the AP I earn don't count towards my end of campaign rewards.

I'm also having serious doubts about the accuracy of the population indicators. Often on Vivec when my alliance is pop-locked there seem to be very few people around. When I was on Shor yesterday the interface showed my alliance's population at 3 bars - but there was hardly anyone there, and nothing was happening. Surely these "missing" characters can't all be just idling on macros while the players are AFK.

It might also be better if the The Golden was put somewhere other than Cyrodiil. A lot of the campaign population at the weekend seems to be made up of people who are only interested in doing some shopping. It doesn't help.

PC EU

PC EU
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    CPs are one of the main PvP balance problems. And you want another CP campaign? We need more non-CP options and less CP options.