The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Hey, you! Do you like Trials? Want to work here?

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Kanar wrote: »
    1. Zos releases easily exploited AS trial.
    2. Players exploit
    3. Zos bans
    4. Zos makes forum post looking for trials testers

Heh. At least they're admitting that their current QA team is understaffed. Zos, how about posting some positions for server-side engineers with a focus on performance and networking?

Look forward to seeing your resume. https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/1537
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. Players exploit
    3. Zos bans

Heh. At least they're admitting that their current QA team is understaffed. Zos, how about posting some positions for server-side engineers with a focus on performance and networking?

Look forward to seeing your resume. https://jobs.zenimax.com/requisitions/view/1537

tumblr_m1fu9akCaD1qbwjgso1_500.gif

CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Burn. :D
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it was quite nice to check my forums to a spam of notifications suggesting me for this, the bolded portion below pretty much cuts out this for me at the current part in my life.
    This is an on-site position at ZeniMax Online, located just outside Baltimore, MD.

I'd absolutely love to apply and work with the team on things such as trials and overall combat balance, but I've been in the mix of a lot of real life stuff related to my grandfather's passing and a wonderful drama over his estate. Perhaps if an opening came up in a few years I could consider it.

Thanks everyone for suggesting me, even if it was to just meme me ;)

I'm sorry for your loss and the drama that followed. I have been in this situation before, and probably will be in the future. It's something I never look forward to. :(
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. Players exploit
    3. Zos bans

zykgNf.gif
  • Foxic
    Foxic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    fosokles wrote: »
    Wow you do care about us. If any one deserve this spot it is Deltia's gaming for sure.

Just no. I caught one of his live streams a couple of weeks ago. Every time he died he put on some lipstick because someone paid him $100, and he died a lot in a 4 man dungeon! He offered to put lipstick on his infant son for $1000 from Internet strangers.

Gill the rogue is amazing and I would really miss his insightful videos and wacky fashion if he went to work for zos.

Finally, ZOS deserve serious praise for actively recruiting quality testers from their own playerbase. I am sure this is a dream job for someone who deserves it, and I'm sure the game will benefit from this kind of expert feedback.

lmfao
    We are looking for eager, passionate and experienced testers to join the ESO Development Team for a full time position with our growing QA Department! The ideal candidate should be extremely knowledgeable about Trials and their mechanics, and proficient with ESO’s combat system. A full description of the job, including responsibilities and requirements, can be viewed here.

This is an on-site position at ZeniMax Online, located just outside Baltimore, MD. If you have any questions about this position, please feel free to reach out!

I would say @Gilliamtherogue and tech&junk (dont know his forumname) would be very well suited for that position.

One of those two people banned me from their stream when I told them you can't empower ground dots
    Mechanically Challenged, PCNA competitive raid guild

Head of The Council of Raiders

First NA vAS Hardmode(#2 world)

World First Immortal Redeemer & Saintly Savior

All #1 Trial scores Clockwork City patch

• OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If this were a work from home position, I'd gladly have applied.
    Ive spent many a year working with developers in closed settings, but having to relocate to Baltimore?
    Nope, not worth it.
    A pity though @ZOS_GinaBruno , considering that my current employment is Work From Home, and in this day and age, all one should require is an internet connection to facilitate telecommuting for most of todays traditional "brick and mortar" office jobs.
    If I'm not needed to physically labor and move concrete or perform other physical tasks, I fail to see the point of required relocation.

Perhaps one day though. :smile:
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    2. Players exploit
    3. Zos bans

xAMNtUS.gif
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very pleased to see Zeni putting this out to their player base. They have not taken the easy road by doing this, but if they are able to sort out the groupies from the qualified candidates, well then they just might get a real rock star out of it.

Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    2. Players exploit
    3. Zos bans

I thought you were only looking for competent people?
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    2. Players exploit
    3. Zos bans

I am having, You don’t have to be here, flashbacks!
  • Arizona_Steve
    Arizona_Steve
    ✭✭✭✭
    They have QA?
    Wannabe Thalmor - Altmer MagSorc
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Trials or trails :wink: ?

...crap. Fixed!

It's OK guys they have a growing QA department. Perhaps now they can stop growing their marketing department.
    Let us know if a pvp job opens . I'd lose my marbles pve'ing for a living .

A full time PvP employee? That would be unheard of. With all the PvP going on in Baltimore every day you would think they would be more focused on it.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on February 6, 2018 12:58AM
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. Players exploit
    3. Zos bans

Ray-Allen-3.gif
    Edited by Mic1007 on February 6, 2018 3:36AM
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • ForsakenSin
    ForsakenSin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2. Players exploit
    3. Zos bans

tenor.gif?itemid=7646990
    "By many i am seen as hero...as a savior of the Tamriel i will not stop until every Daedra every evil there is in Tamriel is vanquish by my hands..
    However i do this for my own purpose to gain trust of mortals to worship me and to eliminate my competition i will not bend my knee to lead your army to serve you Molag Bal , i will simply just take it from you.."--- Forsaken Sin( Magica Sorc)

Arise From Darkness Forsaken SIn
    "You have been a loyal High Elf Magica Sorc
    Conjure of Darkness, Master of Magic
    Killer of Molag Bal and Savior of Ebonheart Pact
    Until Dark Brotherhood killed you...
    but now..NOW its time to Arise From Darkness once again..."

• Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

QA jobs quite often have very crappy wages. It'd be "surviving" more than "living".
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh.. heck yeah.. this rocks! Seems like an awesome opportunity to be part of the good ZOS/Zen crew. Good luck to whoever gets it; mostly deserving, of course. So, it does pay to be a very good gamer in ESO. Although, it should be ESO as a whole and not just trials. Unfortunately, there are some that just haven't the good experience with group enough to do enough trials. However, I am certain there are those who have put in ungodly amount of hours and dedication into all other aspects of ESO. Hey, it's cool. It's what Zen/ZOS wants. Good luck on the enthusiasts/applicants, and hope you make a difference for the betterment of the Elder Scrolls franchise.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Trials or trails :wink: ?

...crap. Fixed!

Gina, you are so adorable. :smiley:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    Guys, why do you link @Alcast who lives in Europe... This is job offer for US

Because we love @Alcast and his swearing and cute tushie! xD
    Edited by Mureel on February 6, 2018 3:54PM
  • Valykc
    Valykc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gilliamtherogue your time has come!
  • Nighn_9
    Nighn_9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice, and I would relocate. Never liked this town anyways...
    NA / PC
    November Beta 2013
    WEBSITE LINK MY TWITCH
    WEBSITE LINK MY YOUTUBE
  • Lynnessa
    Lynnessa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vahrokh wrote: »

QA jobs quite often have very crappy wages. It'd be "surviving" more than "living".

They get paid more than minimum wage it seems, which is more than many other workers.

Having a job that you actually enjoy is a pretty big perk. According to the Internet, QA testers make 30k+ per year, or about 14$/hr. Frankly, if they got paid more than that it would make me a bit sick. That's more than many nurse aides, medical assistants, etc In a city like Baltimore I bet there are even nurses (LPNs) working at hospitals or large health companies for about the same pay.

/bitter
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Nighn_9 wrote: »
    It would be nice, and I would relocate. Never liked this town anyways...

Let me know if you're interested in applying and I can give you more details. :)
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Passionate! Experienced!!! E...ager?!?! Wtf does that mean that isn't covered by passionate?!?!

If any job could be performed from the EU (or even the UK) this would be it. What better trial testing than running the new trial with someone sending electrons under the ocean?
  • Yoku
    Yoku
    ✭✭✭
    We are looking for eager, passionate and experienced testers to join the ESO Development Team for a full time position with our growing QA Department! The ideal candidate should be extremely knowledgeable about Trials and their mechanics, and proficient with ESO’s combat system. A full description of the job, including responsibilities and requirements, can be viewed here.

This is an on-site position at ZeniMax Online, located just outside Baltimore, MD. If you have any questions about this position, please feel free to reach out!

IF i knew you take me, I WOULD MOVE TO AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Shimmer
    Shimmer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i were only 1 hour closer .... lol
    YouTube | Twitter | Twitch | The Differently Geared

Mistakes must be carelessly planned.
  • elijafire
    elijafire
    ✭✭✭

WOW this is REALLY encouraging thank you zos!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS you have come a loong way! You are FINALLY getting real testers who are obligated to you not themselves!}

Eli
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While it was quite nice to check my forums to a spam of notifications suggesting me for this, the bolded portion below pretty much cuts out this for me at the current part in my life.
    This is an on-site position at ZeniMax Online, located just outside Baltimore, MD.

I'd absolutely love to apply and work with the team on things such as trials and overall combat balance, but I've been in the mix of a lot of real life stuff related to my grandfather's passing and a wonderful drama over his estate. Perhaps if an opening came up in a few years I could consider it.

Thanks everyone for suggesting me, even if it was to just meme me ;)

Let him work from home @ZOS_GinaBruno :/
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hell yh $3.50 an hour to test a game!!!

Not sure if that’s what they pay but I’m sure it’s not a life changing amount game testers get paid crap.
  • blacksghost
    blacksghost
    ✭✭✭✭
    The swearing makes alcast’s videos unwatchable. Which is a shame. I’m sure a youngster out of school will do the job Zos are offering just fine.
    Everything will be alright in the end, if its not alright its not the end.
This discussion has been closed.