The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What is Good DPS?

• Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I don't like about the game is the fact that it takes ages to actually understand the combat system. For instance there's no explanations as to how max magicka, spell dmg and penetration affect your damage. Only recently did they add the skill advisor and basic dmg scaling advice in the stat sheet (which is still vague).

When I first started playing the game, I had no clue that spelldmgx10 generates the same dmg output as the same magicka value. For very long I didn't have the slightest idea what kind of a penetration value I should aim for and I didn't know that NPCs could have very different resistance values.

All these things prevented me from crafting my own viable builds for a very long time. If there were a better system in place, detailing all the contributing factors to dps, those 7k dps-random-queue-pugs would not exist!

Cp optimisation and determining the BiS set for a given setup is very easy, assuming you are able to do basic calculations.

People who revere Gilliamtherogue and other theorycrafters for performing high-school mathmatics simply don't understand the combat system. There's few sources on this and that's why a lot of players don't put in any effort and run premade setups or pull 7k dps :D .

I cannot repeat this enough, you don't need a degree in mathematics to theorycraft an amazing setup. What's required mostly is a grasp of probabilities, statistics etc. and you're ready to post your own trial setups.

But ZOS won't explain tbe combat system to new players! I don't know why they refuse to do so. The skill adviser is oversimplified to such an extent that I useless and very patronising! I really hope they will release a proper guide on this in the near futute (for adults and not for 3 year olds). So far they've lain this burden on others, content creators are the only ones who put the information out there for newer players. Sadly this information is not always correct or outdated which leads to newer players having a very rough start into end game content.
    Edited by Ectheliontnacil on April 18, 2018 11:26AM
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What I don't like about the game is the fact that it takes ages to actually understand the combat system. For instance there's no explanations as to how max magicka, spell dmg and penetration affect your damage. Only recently did they add the skill advisor and basic dmg scaling advice in the stat sheet (which is still vague).

When I first started playing the game, I had no clue that spelldmgx10 generates the same dmg output as the same magicka value. For very long I didn't have the slightest idea what kind of a penetration value I should aim for and I didn't know that NPCs could have very different resistance values.

All these things prevented me from crafting my own viable builds for a very long time. If there were a better system in place, detailing all the contributing factors to dps, those 7k dps-random-queue-pugs would not exist!

Cp optimisation and determining the BiS set for a given setup is very easy, assuming you are able to do basic calculations.

People who revere Gilliamtherogue and other theorycrafters for performing high-school mathmatics simply don't understand the combat system. There's few sources on this and that's why a lot of players don't put in any effort and run premade setups or pull 7k dps :D .

I cannot repeat this enough, you don't need a degree in mathematics to theorycraft an amazing setup. What's required mostly is a grasp of probabilities, statistics etc. and you're ready to post your own trial setups.

But ZOS won't explain tbe combat system to new players! I don't know why they refuse to do so. The skill adviser is oversimplified to such an extent that I useless and very patronising! I really hope they will release a proper guide on this in the near futute (for adults and not for 3 year olds). So far they've lain this burden on others, content creators are the only ones who put the information out there for newer players. Sadly this information is not always correct or outdated which leads to newer players having a very rough start into end game content.

Why would they explain it? Most of the game is stupidly easy if you know what to do. Stupidly easy = boring. So they don't want most people to pull high dps.

Also most people dont care, their toughest enemies are drove bosses.
  • nbksaske
    nbksaske
    ✭✭✭
    On my pet magsorc (CP cap all gold gear) I get 30k self buffed with apprentice Mundus and ele drain, is it the best? Probably not, but I get through most content fine
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hit 35k to 40+k solo and 50-60k group buffed. Rotation and set up is everything.
    PC: CP 1200+ DroDest, Bringer of light
    PS4: CP 1500+ Dro Dest, SoTN, Bringer of light, CragHMs, EoF, IR, TTT
    Xbox: CP 450 Fungal Grotto 1 HM
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I must be absolute trash. Whatever I do, I can't seem to get above 10k. I'm not in any pve guilds either, and too anxious to join one as I would likely just get laughed at for my patheticness.
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mister_DMC wrote: »
    Asardes wrote: »
    kongkim wrote: »
    All you DPS elite people. here. Would you kick me for running a build like this.

http://www.eso-skillfactory.com/en/share/23251/
    x2 Slimecraw
    x5 Medusa
    x5 Mechanical Acuity

I have around 470 CP.

I do not like to make builds that 90% of all others use. But I like to be able to do some content later on and not just put the game away.

1) Winter's Revenge scales off maximum magicka so it will do negligible DPS on a stamina character; it's pretty weak even on magicka Warden, and it's one of the main reason it's so weak in PvE, since most DPS there is from ground based DoTs
    2) Arctic blast scales on your health and does magicka damage, so it won't hit very hard and won't benefit from CP allocation into Mighty and Precise Strikes. If you need a burst heal you'll better use Soothing Spores, at least until you unlock vigor since those will scale off your maximum stamina and weapon damage.
    3) Camouflaged Hunter on your front bar is redundant since you get the same buff, Major Savagery from Green Lotus, and buffs of the same type don't stack
    4) You can run Rearming Trap instead of any of those 3 redundant and ineffective skills, thus gaining Minor Force from that instead; it also buffs your damage from skill line passive: Slayer - 3% weapon damage for each Fighters Guild skill slotted. Thus you wouldn't need Meduse, and you could run a pure stamina damage and/or sustain set instead
    5) Medusa comes with maximum magicka, spell damage and maximum health bonuses, which aren't very effective on a stamina build, since most of your skills will scale off maximum stamina and weapon damage. It also comes with healthy jewelry only which will further gimp your stats. Also, the 5th piece bonus becomes redundant if you run Rearming Trap
    6) Rapid Strikes/Blood Thirst is very bad as single target spammable, since it's expensive compared to the damage it does; in the past people ran that skill in that rotation simply to empower their DoTs trough Maelstrom weapons special effect. Shrouded Daggers (AoE) and Cutting Dive (single target) are much better skills to fill that slot
    7) There's absolutely no reason to run Warhorn on a DD since that skill has fixed buffs that don't scale of your stats. You are better off using a DPS skill like Ballista or Wild Guardian (you have to double bar it)

Overall that build is utterly ineffective at sustaining, survival and pulling damage so it will get you kicked quite fast from any dungeon if I'm leading the group.

And this is what I'm talking about, they likely have no idea about any of the suggestions you just made due to a lack of available information. Most people do not understand that obtaining buffs are available in a variety of ways and they DO NOT STACK.

Lmao and this is why I skip the spell critical part of essence of spell power pots on my magblade, because I double bar inner light.
  • Massive_Stain
    Massive_Stain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zhaedri wrote: »
    I must be absolute trash. Whatever I do, I can't seem to get above 10k. I'm not in any pve guilds either, and too anxious to join one as I would likely just get laughed at for my patheticness.

actually, joining a pve guild might help you tbh. And honestly, if you're new and only hitting 10k you may be using incorrect skills. There's a big disparity between pve BiS skills and PvP skills. Most classes have static bar setups that dont really change in pve. And a lot of people line up their bars in order of use.

Some things to consider as well: is your alchemys medicinal use fully leveled? Are you running weapon pots (stam) spell power pots (mag)? Are you dropping damage over time on back bar and direct damage attacks on front bar? And if so, are you letting you dots run out?

Do you enchant your jewelry with weapon/spell power glyphs? Are you using beserker enchants on back bar bow or staff? If stam, are you using poisons?
    Edited by Massive_Stain on April 18, 2018 1:00PM
  • Ajintse
    Ajintse
    ✭✭✭
    That 50-60k number you hear from some people is complete BS.

absolute 100% top tier SUSTAINABLE dps on a dummy is around 40k (give or take a few thousand, maybe up to 45k)

The people that can hit 50k+ on the dummy are using cheat setups to fabricate dummy parses. which, yeah its awesome to see those numbers but... they don't do any vet trials with those builds. Not saying they can't HIT those numbers IN a trial. Just that they don't spec the same way when they do trials.

Plain and simple numbers, if you're at or above 25k dps... you can do pretty much everything in the game (some obvious exceptions like vMOL or vHOF)

"Plain and simple numbers, if you're at or above 25k dps... you can do pretty much everything in the game (some obvious exceptions like vMOL or vHOF)"

Pardon me, I never understood the DPS or Damage in ESO. I just simply look at those numbers of my DMG Spells.
    But, you are saying: If you're at or above 25k DPS... How do I see if I do 25k or not? I mean, for example: I use 1x Funnel Health with some buffs and debuffs and I hit for 18k. Is that what you mean? 1 skill hit?

But before Horns of the Reach patch, I did hit 24k per skill "Funnel Health" or Heavy Attack.

Sorry for my noobness.
    "The moon is my sun, the night is my day, blood is my life and you are my prey."
    Ajintse - (Magicka Vampire Nightblade)
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good dps is rotating through all your direct, DoT, and AOE skills and not just spamming light attack or a single skill attack over and over again.
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I roll a magsorc for my dps build. I main a healer, second a tank. What I have learned, as a noob, is that the dummy parses can be misleading. Have run as a tank with 720 cp dps that claim 40+ dps And can’t take down a boss any faster than the fellow noob I rolled with in the last dungeon. The dummy doesn’t move or do damage. It makes pet builds seem top tier when imo they don’t seem to be. I killed my pet and created a non pet build that does less dps on the dummy but performs better in use.
    Just my 2 cents. Parses are misleading
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imza wrote: »

Weaving light attacks on the back bar is at most 10% of your DPS, but it's also more difficult. For example I always get stuck in caltrops and miss a weave there. Without weaving at least 2-3 heavy attacks on the front is pretty hard to sustain any kind of rotation on a stamina character, and it's pretty easy to pull since you have a ~400ms window to press that skill button while you charge the heavy attack; light attack window is probably ~100-150 ms. On stamina sorcerer you even have a bonus to heavy attacks from your Bound Armaments so there's no reason to not weave them.

^^ is BS @Asardes

Now add 250 ping EACH WAY

I have the Alcast Summoner build and I am unable to hit 20k DPS

I am unable to weave or animation cancel successfully every time - sometimes it works - sometimes it doesn't...

Ping is the enemy of DPS

I feel a spiritual connection to this post lol
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    paulychan wrote: »
    I roll a magsorc for my dps build. I main a healer, second a tank. What I have learned, as a noob, is that the dummy parses can be misleading. Have run as a tank with 720 cp dps that claim 40+ dps And can’t take down a boss any faster than the fellow noob I rolled with in the last dungeon. The dummy doesn’t move or do damage. It makes pet builds seem top tier when imo they don’t seem to be. I killed my pet and created a non pet build that does less dps on the dummy but performs better in use.
    Just my 2 cents. Parses are misleading

Yes they are. Honestly this is the only game that i can remember playing in which people took things like parses and theory crafting like the bible and worshiped elitists like they were gods. Normally, we just laugh and then ignore them, which is what i still do.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zhaedri wrote: »

actually, joining a pve guild might help you tbh. And honestly, if you're new and only hitting 10k you may be using incorrect skills. There's a big disparity between pve BiS skills and PvP skills. Most classes have static bar setups that dont really change in pve. And a lot of people line up their bars in order of use.

Some things to consider as well: is your alchemys medicinal use fully leveled? Are you running weapon pots (stam) spell power pots (mag)? Are you dropping damage over time on back bar and direct damage attacks on front bar? And if so, are you letting you dots run out?

Do you enchant your jewelry with weapon/spell power glyphs? Are you using beserker enchants on back bar bow or staff? If stam, are you using poisons?

Ohhh @#$& I forgot all about medical passive on my alts.... Ty!
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ajintse wrote: »

absolute 100% top tier SUSTAINABLE dps on a dummy is around 40k (give or take a few thousand, maybe up to 45k)

The people that can hit 50k+ on the dummy are using cheat setups to fabricate dummy parses. which, yeah its awesome to see those numbers but... they don't do any vet trials with those builds. Not saying they can't HIT those numbers IN a trial. Just that they don't spec the same way when they do trials.

Plain and simple numbers, if you're at or above 25k dps... you can do pretty much everything in the game (some obvious exceptions like vMOL or vHOF)

"Plain and simple numbers, if you're at or above 25k dps... you can do pretty much everything in the game (some obvious exceptions like vMOL or vHOF)"

Pardon me, I never understood the DPS or Damage in ESO. I just simply look at those numbers of my DMG Spells.
    But, you are saying: If you're at or above 25k DPS... How do I see if I do 25k or not? I mean, for example: I use 1x Funnel Health with some buffs and debuffs and I hit for 18k. Is that what you mean? 1 skill hit?

But before Horns of the Reach patch, I did hit 24k per skill "Funnel Health" or Heavy Attack.

Sorry for my noobness.

The addon "Combat Metrics" will show you your dps. I recommend binding a key to the detailed dps screen, it will show you uptimes of your AOEs and breaks down each skill's damage. Here's is an example screenshot:

When people talk about DPS, it's in a sustained sense (either 3million combat dummy or the 6 million), and on a single target. The 3 million dummy is considered by some to still be considered burst dps, since if you are at 35k+ dps the fight is only 75-95 seconds long.
    Edited by adeptusminor on April 19, 2018 3:30AM
  • adeptusminor
    adeptusminor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ajintse wrote: »

Sorry for my noobness.

The addon "Combat Metrics" will show you your dps. I recommend binding a key to the detailed dps screen, it will show you uptimes of your AOEs and breaks down each skill's damage.

When people talk about DPS, it's in a sustained sense (either 3million combat dummy or the 6 million), and on a single target. The 3 million dummy is considered by some to still be considered burst dps, since if you are at 35k+ dps the fight is only ~75-85 seconds long.
    Edited by adeptusminor on April 19, 2018 4:20AM
  • CurlyQTip
    CurlyQTip
    ✭✭✭
    I find DPS frustrating because I can DPS any delve and public dungeon like nothing with decent gear and still not be good enough for vet

meanwhile healer has more options for abilities and more options for gear if they want vet content
    Signatures are for losers
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need some feedback.
    Been working on a new rotation on my StamBlade and only pulling 23k. (Solo)
    My gear is not BiS so I am trying to git gud so I can farm a set of War Machine.

Rotation is Relentless Focus, Leeching Strikes, Deadly Cloak, then Rearming Trap, LA, Endless Hail, La, poison injection, la, razor caltrops, Incap, bar swap, tending slashes, relentless focus bow, HA, surprise attack, HA, surprise attack, LA...then repeat.

Using a Maelstrom bow with nirnhoned. My animation cancelling is terrible.

Any tips to improve besides gear?
    Edited by imnotanother on April 19, 2018 2:02PM
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Need some feedback.
    My gear is not BiS so I am trying to git gud so I can farm a set of War Machine.

Rotation is Relentless Focus, Leeching Strikes, Deadly Cloak, then Rearming Trap, LA, Endless Hail, La, poison injection, la, razor caltrops, Incap, bar swap, tending slashes, relentless focus bow, HA, surprise attack, HA, surprise attack, LA...then repeat.

Just keep smashing that attack button to ensure you're weaving every attack, for the HA part don't let go of the attack button, should resume HA as soon as the skill is finished.

Bar swap after skills not LA/HA as it's not as efficient.

Try moving Relentless Focus to the front bar for a few parses to see if that's better, should be hitting 2-3 every cast.

Are you using potions for the buffs (weapon power pots?) this will add quite a bit to DPS.
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sparr0w wrote: »
    Need some feedback.

Just keep smashing that attack button to ensure you're weaving every attack, for the HA part don't let go of the attack button, should resume HA as soon as the skill is finished.

Bar swap after skills not LA/HA as it's not as efficient.

Try moving Relentless Focus to the front bar for a few parses to see if that's better, should be hitting 2-3 every cast.

Are you using potions for the buffs (weapon power pots?) this will add quite a bit to DPS.
    I am running weapon power Potions.
    My sustain doesn’t seem to be an issue either but I do feel like I could improve with my LA/HA timing.
    I am using a 6 mil test dummy if that makes any difference.
    Could switch to Lover from Warrior Mundus help?
    PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
    Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Ananoriel
    Ananoriel
    ✭✭✭
    I've been reading this thread yesterday and I am 'new' to the endgame content. I have a CP of 264, but my dps is around 12-15k if I try my best a lot. Do you get those high amounts of damage with higher CP levels or doesn't it matter?
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    file:///C:/Users/User/Documents/Elder%20Scrolls%20Online/pts/Screenshots/Screenshot_20180419_035034.png

Managed to get this on stamblade self buffed with hunding, twice fanged and velidreth and maelstom bow. max i got on it was 44k, but i did not screenshot it, was practicing rotation.
    Edited by JinMori on April 19, 2018 5:09PM
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    I would surmise my characters are underpowered. Even on my main, who is a Magic Sorcerer I have seen crystal fragments slip down from 15/20K per hit towards 10k per even though I haven't changed my spec or gear. I don't know if it is nerfs each time the champion point ceiling is increased. Still I am being told I should be ideally doing about 30K damage a hit. It hasn't really been holding me back as I haven't done trials in quite a while anyway.

There seem to be so many variables to manage in order to achieve good DPS.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • Khivas_Carrick
    Khivas_Carrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I average out around 20k dps as a 2H/Bow Stamplar. I like to think I'm decent enough, especially since a lot of fights I'm ressing the DPS that didn't move lol

That's said I learned a lot reading thru all of this, and I bumped my dps up a little today with a little CP tweaking, so ty all who posted knowledge
    Bobbity Boop, this game might become poop, but I'll still play because I'm just a pile of goop!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think I will pull my Mag DK from the mothballs next patch. What I have in mind is:
    2 Zaan
    5 Burning Spellweave
    5 Infallible Mage jewels and Inferno front bar
    Maelstrom Inferno or Lightning back bar

Inferno HA is just one tick so it will get fully buffed by IA, also it will be buffed by Maelstrom blockade and Molten Armaments, Engulfing Flames and possibly even the Flame blockade itself. I'm curious for how much it will hit.

The stamina DK will be re-purposed as tank so this may actually end up as my DPS character.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    I think I will pull my Mag DK from the mothballs next patch. What I have in mind is:
    2 Zaan
    5 Burning Spellweave
    5 Infallible Mage jewels and Inferno front bar
    Maelstrom Inferno or Lightning back bar

Inferno HA is just one tick so it will get fully buffed by IA, also it will be buffed by Maelstrom blockade and Molten Armaments, Engulfing Flames and possibly even the Flame blockade itself. I'm curious for how much it will hit.

The stamina DK will be re-purposed as tank so this may actually end up as my DPS character.

If you use maelstrom staff, and bsp, lightning is not an option.
  • Ign0rance
    Ign0rance
    Soul Shriven
    the players are not what is wrong with the game. Its that ZOS turned the game mechanics into a airplane ***. not a theme park. This game used to be fun, now its just a glorified scientific calculator.

But, thats none of my business.
  • carljokl
    carljokl
    ✭✭✭
    Ign0rance wrote: »
    the players are not what is wrong with the game. Its that ZOS turned the game mechanics into a airplane ***. not a theme park. This game used to be fun, now its just a glorified scientific calculator.

I feel I can't keep in my head all the different sets in the game and every way every stat combines with every other one. In the end I have to rely on other people for advice.
    My Characters

Xargothius: Breton - JOAT / Magsorc | Orchid the Fair: Orismer - Crafter / Heavy Tank | Voneri Vox: Dunmer - Magplar Healer | Rexorgiana: Imperial - Temptress / Magblade
    Phirkius: Altmer - MagSorc | Rexorigus: Imperial - Med Tank / StamKnight | Sven Svedishchef: Nord - Provisioner / Stamplar | Finds-All-Fungi: Argonian - Alchemist/ Stamblade
    Emerald-Wild-Guard: Bosmer - Wyrd / StamSorc | Nates Datum Festi: Imperial - Light Tank / StamKnight | Magnolia Desert-Blossom: Redguard - 2 Handed Stamplar | Shadow-Softpaw: Khajiit - StamBlade
    Sorcerer | Dragon Knight | Templar | Night Blade
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    CurlyQTip wrote: »
    I find DPS frustrating because I can DPS any delve and public dungeon like nothing with decent gear and still not be good enough for vet

meanwhile healer has more options for abilities and more options for gear if they want vet content

I know these feels. I’m consistently hitting 22k without using my ult now, with my ult average dps roughly 25k (after the ult, during the ult dps can be anywhere between 30k and 40k) and I’m still being told I don’t have enough dps for vet dungeons/trials.

So, I LIED about my dps to a vet group, saying I can easily hit 31k in all scenarios, despite being in cp400’s. They said my dps was still a bit low but they’ll ‘carry me’ through...

I got into said dungeon and was doing 60%(!!!!!!) of the groups damage (checked with combat metrics). This was consistent throughout, the lowest being around 45% of the groups damage on the 2nd boss.

Don’t listen to ppl saying you have to have over a certain dps, cause chances are they’re either BSing about their own dps or cannot in any way recreate the dummy parse in a real fight.

The better questions to ask yourself are; do I completely destroy nearly everything I face solo? (Even large groups of mobs), how often do I die?
    If the answers to the questions are Yes and Not very often, get yourself into vet, cause you will be able to handle it
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    carljokl wrote: »
    Ign0rance wrote: »

I feel I can't keep in my head all the different sets in the game and every way every stat combines with every other one. In the end I have to rely on other people for advice.

If you’re not doing the hardest of content, wear and use whatever skills and gear you like, ‘Best in slot’ is only necessary for the hardest content, the rest of the content is walk in the park for level 3’s so do what you want :)
  • qwyksylver
    qwyksylver
    ✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    You don’t need to animation cancel. You need Ele Drain, the lover mundus, blue food better CP placement to reach penetration and likely still sharpened weapons if you don’t have enough CP. assuming you have proper pet Sorc gear and legendary gold weapons. Even a plain gold sharp lightning staff and willpower arcane jewelry w/Illambris. You can hit 20k. A simple rotation and destro ult.

If you are seriously parsing on a dummy DO NOT use lover mundus, blue food only if you're a stam otherwise use witchmothers or have fun sustaining
    Kazim Udar - CP 750 Nightblade PC/NA vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF - vAS - vCR+2