Maintenance for the week of January 27:
· [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – January 27,  4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EST (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] ESO Website for maintenance – January 27, 1:00PM EST (18:00 UTC) - 4:00PM EST (21:00 UTC)

Would You Like to Grow Your Own Materials?

  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Didgerion wrote: »
    There are plenty farm games out there!

    I want ZOS to be focusing on fighting mechanics, balance and performance and not on pots with growing materials.

    Sadly games have to diversify into content that can support microtransactions... just think of the revenue they could generate with this vs improving the core game
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you want a Skooma Lab to end up in your neighborhood? Cause that's how you get Skooma
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I'd like to harvest my own crops.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • obscure7
    obscure7
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No, because....

    I don't want the game taken over by bots.
    PC NA
  • Bevik
    Bevik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes with a long growing period. Should give as much materials as the Survey maps. Atleast 1 more reason to get a house with garden.
  • Lark82
    Lark82
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    A reason to go to my house more than I do.
    A garden to grow alchemy plants plus a fishing hole would be nice too.
  • thewaywardone
    thewaywardone
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I think after a MAJOR amount of harvesting we should be able to put one harvestable node in one housing area for each material type we've maxxed on harvesting per account. i.e. 1 ore, 1 herb, 1 cloth, 1 trap, 1 log.

    These could be harvested once per day per account.

    Why? Because it never fails that one of my writ crafters will need just a little extra <insert material here> and it would be handy to be able to go home and get exactly what I need for the crafter who needs it.

    I think though, the amount of harvested material per type should be enormous. This is a reward that would require a long time working toward.

    I'm okay with a long path as long as there's a reward for the work at the end.

    Edit: Typo
    Edited by thewaywardone on February 1, 2018 10:53AM
    PC/NA - Daytime player - Obnoxiously Casual Player - PVE/RP
  • Zbigb4life
    Zbigb4life
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    No because ZOS already makes more then enough money with the houses they sell. If they put these things behind a pay wall it will become worse
  • clocksstoppe
    clocksstoppe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes I would like to grow my rocks please.

    On a serious note, only for alchemy plants. I think those are the only ones that desperately need more supply because the edge you get by using real potions versus the looted trash is absolutely insane.
    Edited by clocksstoppe on February 1, 2018 10:59AM
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Do you want a Skooma Lab to end up in your neighborhood? Cause that's how you get Skooma

    hmmm..... hadn't thought of that.

    yes, yes i do...
    pc eu eso+

    paraphrasing soren kierkegaard.... when we look at the forum all we can do is laugh.
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure because Sure
    Edited by bloodthirstyvampire on February 1, 2018 11:13AM
    Hello There, I'm banned from the forums permanently for baiting so i'll talk to you here, Zos want me to do a 400 word essey on baiting (I disagree with it to be fair, I was not baiting), honestly tho I've had a toooon of chances, so I can only blame my self.
  • Sneaky-Snurr
    Sneaky-Snurr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know which game did this and achieved successful implementation? RuneScape.

    I've said this before and I'll say this again, a lot of systems in that game severely outperforms what ZoS have done for ESO thus far. For example, the housing system in ESO is very poor. Raw mats acquisition routes are also very poor.

    Jagex (RuneScape developer) implemented those 2 systems much better than ZoS did for ESO. To me, ZoS's outlook on what ESO is as a game is a huuuge grindfest. Now don't get me wrong, in a lot of ways, RuneScape is also a grindfest but to a much lesser degree.
    At least there are a lot of incentives for each system in that game. Not so much in ESO.

    The takeaway point from this is that ZoS can really learn a lot from Jagex and other games studios, but knowing how the Devs here are, they would arrogantly think they're the best Devs in the industry so any hindsight shown from other games would have been ignored already.
    From what I've seen, a lot of suggestions for ESO by players here resonate really well with other games in the industry have and their implementation has proven to be successful throughout the years up to present time.

    Idk, ESO can't really flourish if ZoS keep being ZoS. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    The Order of the Shadows: Nightmare
    • EP CP720 Nightblade
    • AD CP720 Templar
    • AD Lvl 45 Dragon Knight
    • AD Lvl 25 Sorceror
    • DC Lvl 23 Nightblade
    {PC•NA•no-CP Sotha Sil}

    Shadow hide you. -Unknown
    There is no clean fight in a war. -Shun Izaki
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes because farming in lord of the rings online was the most awesome crafting profession I ever had in any mmo since the dawn of time.
  • Alcest
    Alcest
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    markets is already flooded by mats, regs, etc.. definitely no
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I already have plenty of land with access to natural water, vegetables, herbs, fungi, wildlife and everything else you would ever need. You gotta be prepared for when your hirelings aren't around or when the *** hits the fan. City folk just don't know what they're missing.

    Oh.. you meant in the game. Yeah I'm down.
  • Wildcopper
    Wildcopper
    ✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes of course.
    It adds a new dimension to the game, a new activity which can be fun if properly done.

    I think you should still have to find the reagent in the nature to get seeds before being able to plant it.
    A bit like in Minecraft, actually.
  • alceleniel
    alceleniel
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Yes, yes, yes, yes... because I love farming games and to integrate it in my favourite MMO would be awesome. The system would be different to balance it but it would be great to grow you own plants in your little farm home <3
  • JungleBoot
    JungleBoot
    ✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I voted no and here is why. The cooldown timer would be some insane thing like every 6 hours or 12 hours. You would also only get 1 or two ingredients per plant. Thus, the headache of setting it up wouldn't be worth it. They would have to do something to make it worth it without disrupting the overland balance of resources.
    Platform: PS4
    CP 405
  • bloodthirstyvampire
    bloodthirstyvampire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JungleBoot wrote: »
    I voted no and here is why. The cooldown timer would be some insane thing like every 6 hours or 12 hours. You would also only get 1 or two ingredients per plant. Thus, the headache of setting it up wouldn't be worth it. They would have to do something to make it worth it without disrupting the overland balance of resources.

    What if each plant had the same as alchemy surveys in in quantity and grew every 2 days thats 2 nights 2 days in tamrial
    Hello There, I'm banned from the forums permanently for baiting so i'll talk to you here, Zos want me to do a 400 word essey on baiting (I disagree with it to be fair, I was not baiting), honestly tho I've had a toooon of chances, so I can only blame my self.
  • ImmortalElf13
    ImmortalElf13
    ✭✭✭
    Other (please explain)
    random harvest nodes that appear within the confines of the housing. ex. random alchemy plant in the grass, wood under a tree, water bottle in the kitchen... etc.

    have them spawn just like any other craft node
    Pulchra floralibus mitram iuro, tibi desinet.
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    I love harvest moon! Plus your should have to till and water your plants every day.
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    It's nice to attach some form of real use to housing. The storage chests coming to housing this month is a good step, and the ability to purchase nodes for homes would be a welcome feature.

    BUT, Crown homes should not allow for any more nodes than the manor homes do. These things do provide a tangible advantage, and I'd rather not have crop fields sprouting up in every Crown house.

    Related to that, the caps for nodes must be low.
    0 for apartments
    1-3 for small homes
    3-5 for medium homes
    5-7 for large homes

    Nodes should be restricted to "natural" spawn patterns, aka you can't place ore nodes indoors, must be on the ground to function, no fishing on the wood floors. Perhaps new planter style furnishings for indoor alchemy mats could be implemented.

    In-home nodes should have a daily(or 12-hour, 6-hour, w/e) cooldown. They'd be a bonus, not a replacement for farming mats.

    All in all the idea hold a lot of promise, and I'd really like to place a fishing spot in my Sleek Creek house.
    Imagine this game without bugs and predatory marketing.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    not interested just give 10 on looting nodes and maybe up that to 20 based on passives.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    I voted No.

    wow did that with their WOD release and the world shrunk since everyone had gardens and mines and lumber mills for their resources. No one was out in the world roaming and farming mats anymore.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    ...it would make the world just a bit more immersive.
  • Sergykid
    Sergykid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    I voted No.

    wow did that with their WOD release and the world shrunk since everyone had gardens and mines and lumber mills for their resources. No one was out in the world roaming and farming mats anymore.

    it was an entire area dedicated to the housing, with quests and stuff to organize, not 3-4 nodes in the backyard to collect once a day.

    what is this forum and why i don't like it:
    - complainers that cry without reason and without solution
    - trolls that give cheap or useless answers
    - people giving advice with counters that are not viable
    - bloggers that talk about their day or what they use in game
    - roleplayers that talk about fashion
    - people with solutions or bug reports are ignored
    - people that write walls of text without reason
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Sergykid wrote: »
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    I voted No.

    wow did that with their WOD release and the world shrunk since everyone had gardens and mines and lumber mills for their resources. No one was out in the world roaming and farming mats anymore.

    it was an entire area dedicated to the housing, with quests and stuff to organize, not 3-4 nodes in the backyard to collect once a day.

    That is not what the OP stated in their post and poll. I voted based on the OP's idea.

  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, because...
    Juju_beans wrote: »
    I voted No.

    wow did that with their WOD release and the world shrunk since everyone had gardens and mines and lumber mills for their resources. No one was out in the world roaming and farming mats anymore.

    If the housing were a world of instances in this game I would vote yes, to me hat was a good change for WoW as the more hardcore gatherer had options not to deplete the world or to go after both and the other player types had both options too so no one losses out.

    While I wouldn’t like it added to our current housing I’d be open to it considering how WoW did it and other games where the house is like a neighborhood so to speak
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    As promised, here are a few examples of places where plants and ores could be placed for nose harvesting:
    H5Fqg2O.jpg
    H5FqDAE.jpg
    H5Fr0hp.jpg
    H5Frbrf.jpg
    H5FroWQ.jpg

    There are obviously more spaces in these properties that could have nodes, but I just wanted to give a few examples. I mean, when you own your own beach resort and mansion on the hill — you need a means to produce some of your own goods. Whether it be: Crops, wine, etc. You gotta have a side hustle to keep you busy, if you should ever tire from lounging about.
    On the count of 3, everybody say, “Salami!” 1, 2, 3...
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, because...
    A garden would be wonderful. One of the few things I liked in WoW Pandaland was that garden at halfhill. It might have been limited and not give everything but who cares, it was still fun and useful. If we can get seeds when gathering to grow a garden that would be so awesome.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
Sign In or Register to comment.