Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase – February 2018"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
3c71a30a22cd3e366459d0b95580eb0a.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Crown Store Showcase – February 2018" blog article.

Check out the latest items coming this February with our latest Crown Store Showcase. This month, we have a host of unique items including sinister attire, a collection of mounts and pets, the new Dragon Bones DLC game pack, a rock-solid polymorph, and more. Don't forget to keep an eye out for future previews – there's new items every month!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess we know the Dragon Bones release dates now.

And... wow... a lot of time limited stuff. Certainly a conversation starter.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Baracuta
    Baracuta
    ✭✭✭

The Dragon Bones release date could already be found on it's "Game Updates" page.

As far as the stuff...Yeah, this is a disappointment. Basically, EVERYTHING that isn't to do with Dragon Bones is going to be limited time.

This is most pathetic.
    Outfit Slots are outrageously expensive. No, thank you.
  • ceiron
    ceiron
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love some of it. Not so keen on p2w research scrolls
  • Baracuta
    Baracuta
    ✭✭✭
    ceiron wrote: »
    I love some of it. Not so keen on p2w research scrolls

Not really pay to win, as it doesn't give you a numerical advantage in-game. Just convenience, and I actually think they're okay.

It might've been an okay month if anything that isn't Dragon Bones would be available for more than 4 days.

I was so excited, but yet again I am disappointed. It would be understandable if the items had to do with Hearts-Day, but only one item is related to such. They AT LEAST could have had some of those Nord costumes come out alongside Dragon Bones, which I was expecting, but instead they turned the month into a crown crate preview.
    The worst part is that I believe they know how bad the month is, and have attempted to make it seem stronger than it is by restating features from Dragon Bones. This hasn't been done before, and only goes to show someone there believes it to be a shame.

At least now there's a good chance the Nord costumes or Khajiit costumes will be coming in March. Another month to wait and find out, I guess.
  • devildog13_93
    devildog13_93
    ✭✭✭
    Wait I thought there was only 2 storages? What's the "Oaken" one? But some of this stuff is definitely eye catching.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Wait I thought there was only 2 storages? What's the "Oaken" one? But some of this stuff is definitely eye catching.

There are two different home storage types: chests (60 item slots) and coffers (30 item slots). The names you see, such as "Oaken" and "Fortified" are just the names of the individual chest and coffer items. There is nothing different with them other than the names. Does that make sense?
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Baracuta
    Baracuta
    ✭✭✭

There are two different home storage types: chests (60 item slots) and coffers (30 item slots). The names you see, such as "Oaken" and "Fortified" are just the names of the individual chest and coffer items. There is nothing different with them other than the names. Does that make sense?

Wait, so there will only be 1 look for coffers and 1 look for chests?
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    THIS is really disappointing.

T85f0X9.jpg

Please see THIS to understand why.

qcUGFaS.jpg
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, why no houses in Feb.?

• devildog13_93
    devildog13_93
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Yups got it now
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Weren't we just saying how much we hate limited time offers? Good to know we were heard. LOL

• Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is adorable:
    ea3cc662f6be1bbb9ef12155a7e3648f.jpg

But this is atrocious:
    362ad086d10f8607c985dacc6ae2a235.jpg
    How does the mount look more like a dog than the pet? And the girth is placed almost behind the ribs. And the whole rear quarters...

Just, no.

Come ON guys, my Altmer lady is just dying for an elegant mount and this should have been it.
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    THIS is really disappointing.

T85f0X9.jpg

Please see THIS to understand why.

qcUGFaS.jpg
    I think they abandoned the horse model for the dog model this time, lmao. Please zos, do better. I see you're trying, but it still doesn't look right.

I actually really like the Fang Lair horse, though.
    stam scrub
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dat nocturnal costume
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Astarana
    Astarana
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote] There are two different home storage types: chests (60 item slots) and coffers (30 item slots). The names you see, such as "Oaken" and "Fortified" are just the names of the individual chest and coffer items. There is nothing different with them other than the names. Does that make sense?[/quote]

Does that mean you can have both? Or it's either/or situation?

Edited by Astarana on January 31, 2018 5:22PM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astarana wrote: »
    There are two different home storage types: chests (60 item slots) and coffers (30 item slots). The names you see, such as "Oaken" and "Fortified" are just the names of the individual chest and coffer items. There is nothing different with them other than the names. Does that make sense?[/quote]

[/quote]

on pts you can have both.

• Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yep, another disappointing month of Crown exclusive items. Agreed that they added fluff to this one by calling out the storage (EDIT: which can be purchased in-game for writ vouchers/tel var stones) and outfit slots/tokens (and research scrolls) to try and make the non-limited offerings look like more than they really are.

Plus, they're REMOVING items AGAIN! - 4 costumes, 1 mount, 3 pets, and 1 accessory. So, we basically have a net LOSS of new items being "permanently" added to the store.

It is interesting to note that they aren't offering the storage coffer awarded at level 18 in the Crown store. Which means that anyone who has all free character slots full of characters past level 18 will either have to spend 1500 crowns for an additional character slot or delete months/years of hard work/effort. Anyone in this situation will only have 330 house storage slots for free, rather than all 360. Really disrespectful to long-time players who've given lots of time/money to this game. We have to pay for this free update to get all the housing storage available for free to everyone else. They could, at the very least, revert the PTS change and make it once again purchasable with vouchers/tel var as it was when the DLC launched on PTS.

EDIT: @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Just calling this to your attention again, as I feel it's disrespectful and greedy to force long-time players to fork over 1500 crowns or delete months/years of hard work for a house storage coffer that many others will get for free.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 31, 2018 5:30PM
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astarana wrote: »
    You can have both. There are four coffers and four chests, so a total of 8 unique containers.
    Edited by victoriana-blue on January 31, 2018 5:28PM
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Aeslief wrote: »
    So this is adorable:
    ea3cc662f6be1bbb9ef12155a7e3648f.jpg

But this is atrocious:
    How does the mount look more like a dog than the pet? And the girth is placed almost behind the ribs. And the whole rear quarters...

Just, no.

Come ON guys, my Altmer lady is just dying for an elegant mount and this should have been it.

The White-Gold Imperial Courser has a similar body shape as the Winter Garland Dapple Gray horse, so the back end of the horse doesn't have that steep of a slope; that's just the angle of the screenshot making it appear that way.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The polymorph is also...meh. Of all the cool things we COULD turn into... why this? Let me know when there's going to be a ghost, wraith, mummy, lamia, troll, or....dare I say it?... werewolf polymorph.

• Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good grief 90% of the comments are negative and exasperating. What happened to you people?
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally that nocturnal robe <3
    Take my wallet ZOS
  • Rosveen
    Rosveen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    Good grief 90% of the comments are negative and exasperating. What happened to you people?
    Nothing. Our opinions haven't changed. The right question is: what happened to the crown store?
    Edited by Rosveen on January 31, 2018 10:02PM
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rosveen wrote: »
    Nothing. Our opinions haven't changed. The right questions is: what happened to the crown store?

Absolutely nothing; they keep delivering excellent content and people like you keep whining as you always have.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing. Our opinions haven't changed. The right questions is: what happened to the crown store?

Absolutely nothing; they keep delivering excellent content and people like you keep whining as you always have.

Absolutely nothing? It used to be that there might be one limited time offer in a given month. How many this month?

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    Yep, another disappointing month of Crown exclusive items. Agreed that they added fluff to this one by calling out the storage (EDIT: which can be purchased in-game for writ vouchers/tel var stones) and outfit slots/tokens (and research scrolls) to try and make the non-limited offerings look like more than they really are.

Plus, they're REMOVING items AGAIN! - 4 costumes, 1 mount, 3 pets, and 1 accessory. So, we basically have a net LOSS of new items being "permanently" added to the store.

It is interesting to note that they aren't offering the storage coffer awarded at level 18 in the Crown store. Which means that anyone who has all free character slots full of characters past level 18 will either have to spend 1500 crowns for an additional character slot or delete months/years of hard work/effort. Anyone in this situation will only have 330 house storage slots for free, rather than all 360. Really disrespectful to long-time players who've given lots of time/money to this game. We have to pay for this free update to get all the housing storage available for free to everyone else. They could, at the very least, revert the PTS change and make it once again purchasable with vouchers/tel var as it was when the DLC launched on PTS.

EDIT: @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Just calling this to your attention again, as I feel it's disrespectful and greedy to force long-time players to fork over 1500 crowns or delete months/years of hard work for a house storage coffer that many others will get for free.

Or, better yet, make the reward retroactive.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭

Whining?
    Seriously? Someone being here right from the start can't mention not being happy with the direction this is going or the fluffy flashy stuff we're getting in the last months?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daedric mask with its 6 horn spikes would look far more greater without those 2 big horns.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to name my sparkle pony Applejack and my sparkle horse Princess Celestia.
    I just need to see the frock on a few of my characters first.

The cat kind of bums me out because I'll never really know if it has inherited deafness. It probably doesn't. But it could. I don't want my busy adventuring life to get in the way of giving it all the attention and care it needs.

But that's not for a fortnight. In the meantime. Sparkle. Pony.
    signing off
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barbie horse time! :|

"I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."