Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[CRASH] Crafting certain alchemy combinations with trait discovery will crash to desktop

code65536
code65536
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno I've been teaching my alts alchemy traits, and I ran across a number of instances where the game will hard-crash to the desktop.

Steps to reproduce:
  1. Log onto a character that has not yet learned the alchemy traits of the reagents involved
  2. Craft a poison or potion using the following three ingredients:
    • Blue Entoloma
    • Bugloss
    • White Cap

Results:
The poison or potion is crafted, the traits are discovered, and the game hard-crashes with a crash reporter dialog.

Other observations:
  1. After recovering from the crash, crafting that exact same combination on the same character will not crash the game. Crafting that combination on another character that has not discovered the traits will crash. Theory: This crash is related to trait discovery. Once the trait has been discovered by the initial crash, there will be no further crashes with that specific reagent combination on that character.
  2. There are other combinations that will also cause a similar crash. For example:
    • Imp Stool
    • Luminous Russula
    • Mountain Flower
  3. Most trait discoveries do not result in crashes. Crashes have only been observed in a small handful of reagent combinations. But for those affected combinations, the crash is consistently reproducible.
Edited by code65536 on January 30, 2018 9:16AM
Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
Personal best scores:
Dungeon trifectas:
Media: YouTubeTwitch