The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Bugged Lorebook for Eidetic Memory: "Nahirah's Journal"

Zinaroth
Zinaroth
✭✭✭✭✭
These were also posted some months back in the "Eidetic Memory Bugs/Comments/Help"-megathread:
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/270549/eidetic-memory-bugs-comments-help/p1

The post recieved attention from you, Gina, in September 2017, but since then we have heard very little about some of the lorebooks reported bugged in there.

I will limit myself to the ones I need and can actually describe/test/report on the PTS.

Eidetic Memory Lorebook: Snowmead's Missive
Not able to get this after having completed the quest in Lost Knife Cave in Eastmarch.
Reference number for bug report: 180126-001087

Eidetic Memory Lorebook: Practical Necromancy
Not achieveable after having completed the quest "A Walk Above the Clouds" in The Rift. Supposed to be on/near the body of a cultist named Nordahl, at the first bonfire after having scaled the ladder leading up to Forelhost. All other lorebooks associated with this quest has been placed at the bottom of the ladder but it seems this one was left out.
Reference number for bug report: 180126-001090

Eidetic Memory Lorebook: Nahirah's Journal
Should be placed in a house in Satakalaam in Alik'r Desert but it is not there for me, must be a bug with either phasing or because I finished the quest without picking it up. Looking up the associated quest, one of the quest objectives is to read the journal so it could either be that it bugged out or is a case of a quest item being placed in your inventory which you miss out on if you do not interact with it.
Reference number for bug report: 180126-001095

@ZOS_GinaBruno
Edited by Zinaroth on April 25, 2018 2:01PM
  • dawnsight
    dawnsight
    Soul Shriven
    I have two of those three also. I was about to submit a bug report as it has been a long time, but thought to check the forums first. Let me know if they fix it for you.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dawnsight wrote: »
    I have two of those three also. I was about to submit a bug report as it has been a long time, but thought to check the forums first. Let me know if they fix it for you.

You probably got those during the actual associated quests. Which two do you already have?

So far I have heard and seen nothing on these bugged lorebooks.
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snowmeads missive is still unavailable to obtain after the quest is completed. Orders to Halskar is also unavailable after the quest is over because you can’t get back into fort Morvunskar barracks. Both of these books are in Eastmarch and are the last few books I need other than the unobtainable ones in enemy factions bases in cyrodiil. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you pass this along pretty please :)
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i've been trying to complete the Eidetic Memory collection but i just found out that most of the books that i missed are inside inaccessible zones. somehow i need quest to get them, but i already complete all quests.

is there any way to reset some quests to do them again in order to get the missing books? what about searching for someone with the quest and following in group?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone been able to find the "Request for Relief" book recently?
  • cmetzger93
    cmetzger93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    i've been trying to complete the Eidetic Memory collection but i just found out that most of the books that i missed are inside inaccessible zones. somehow i need quest to get them, but i already complete all quests.

is there any way to reset some quests to do them again in order to get the missing books? what about searching for someone with the quest and following in group?

There is no way. We just have to wait for ZOS to fix them so that they are available after the quest is completed.
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still missing the books from Abamath Ruins (No after-quest accessible location that I know of).
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still missing the books from Abamath Ruins (No after-quest accessible location that I know of).

I was finally able to get this book by joining a group with someone that was doing the quest and followed them into the ruins. There is another place in Vvardenfell that I had to do this in order to get that book as well, but I can't remember the name of the place. This is just bad design to put collectibles inside locked instances, they should just always put the books outside the places after the quest is finished. It took me months to get back into these locked instances because I could never find anyone doing the quests...
  • N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »

If you join a group with someone doing the quest then you can usually follow them into the locked instance. I've had to do this a couple times at least.

I was able to get back into the Abamath Ruins and another place in Vvardenfell (can't remember name) at least.
    Edited by N00BxV1 on February 12, 2018 1:01PM
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    Eidetic Memory Lorebook: Practical Necromancy
    Not achieveable after having completed the quest "A Walk Above the Clouds" in The Rift. Supposed to be on/near the body of a cultist named Nordahl, at the first bonfire after having scaled the ladder leading up to Forelhost. All other lorebooks associated with this quest has been placed at the bottom of the ladder but it seems this one was left out.
    Reference number for bug report: 180126-001090

Should be placed in a house in Satakalaam in Alik'r Desert but it is not there for me, must be a bug with either phasing or because I finished the quest without picking it up. Looking up the associated quest, one of the quest objectives is to read the journal so it could either be that it bugged out or is a case of a quest item being placed in your inventory which you miss out on if you do not interact with it.
    Reference number for bug report: 180126-001095

Bumping this thread instead of making a new one, seeing as this lorebook is still bugged on this round of PTS.

It has been reported, but not fixed, for 3 consecutive PTS cycles, by me personally.

The reference numbers for the bug report is from the Dragonbones PTS cycle.

@ZOS_GinaBruno any chance you can pass this along so we can get a "post quest completion" fix for this so I can finally get the last book I need for my Eidetic Memory completion, pretty please? :D

tenor.gif?itemid=8094841

EDIT1: Added GIF for effect.
    EDIT2: Removed "Practical Necromancy" as it was found on a bookshelf in Norvulk Ruins delve in Stormhaven
    Edited by Zinaroth on April 25, 2018 7:46AM
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The note "Ilessan Tower" east of the tower at the crossroads in Glenumbra is still invisible or just not there and nowhere else in the game.
    I thought a new character would be able to get it if they hadn't quested there, since my others have done the quests and can't get it, but my new character beat the Ilessan Tower boss and thus cleared the delve during the Jester Festival, which may have screwed my chance at it because it isn't there.

This is the one and only Eidetic Memory item I am missing in the base game now.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the last lorebook I am missing to complete my collection.
    I have reported it numerous times over several PTS cycles and nothing has come of it.
    Does anyone know a way to get a hold of this lorebook post quest completion?
    Thanks in advance! :)

Nahirah's Journal is visible to me post quest, Satakalaam at Nahirah's house on the mirrored dresser 1st floor, wall opposite of the door. I most likely read the journal during the quest. It may be an issue with not collecting or reading the journal from your inventory as Zinaroth suggests if its not there.

Taken from https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5082649#Comment_5082649 page 45 comment number 1347.

So it seems that for some people, the lorebook is present after having completed the quest but for me it isn't.

@ZOS_GinaBruno