The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Templar is now even worse, Blazing Spear Bug

johnnified
johnnified
✭✭✭
Testing out this new build I had on the previous PTS patch.

I was getting 20 - 21k single target DPS and now I am getting 16k with the sounds of the Puncturing Sweeps still not matching up.
And Blazing Spear fails to be thrown on first try when swaping back to the weapon bar it is on. (Ex: Swap to bar 1, press hotkey, click, doesnt get thrown) have to try twice.
Edited by johnnified on January 26, 2018 6:56AM
  • coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    you can only hope they dont fix templars DK-style... but then after DKs are dead now Wrobel needs to move on and rumor has it he hates templars second to none after DKs...
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    hi,

plz get all templar feedback here in https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/389137/fix-templar#latest

here are all information combined and gina reads the topic
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    johnnified wrote: »
    Testing out this new build I had on the previous PTS patch.

I was getting 20 - 21k single target DPS and now I am getting 16k with the sounds of the Puncturing Sweeps still not matching up.
    And Blazing Spear fails to be thrown on first try when swaping back to the weapon bar it is on. (Ex: Swap to bar 1, press hotkey, click, doesnt get thrown) have to try twice.

Did you check if the option to execute gtaoe abilities on a single keypress was reset and unchecked on the pts client ? Name escapes me atm.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can only hope they dont fix templars DK-style... but then after DKs are dead now Wrobel needs to move on and rumor has it he hates templars second to none after DKs...

Every thread on PTS forums right now has to be twisted and turned to be made about DKs...

Templars were the first victims of the wrath of the Wrobel.

If you have been around long enough you might remember back a few years to the jokes and memes going around about a templar and his house.

Personally I made a video about it (shameless self-advertisement):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrhJe1f9Ylw&t=291s

DKs need to chill a bit on forums right now and see the bigger picture; your class as a whole is still very strong and historically has been very potent throughout the entire game - as opposed to Templars outside the healing role.

DKs have always been the strongest tanking class and have always been potent in terms of DPS in one way or another and on top of that they have always been strong for solo and 1vX PvP (albeit less so late couple of months but game is almost four years old).

Templars have always been the strongest healing class but have only been potent in terms of DPS for around half of the games time and have always been overall the weakest class for solo and 1vX PvP.
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »

Every thread on PTS forums right now has to be twisted and turned to be made about DKs...

If you have been around long enough you might remember back a few years to the jokes and memes going around about a templar and his house.

DKs need to chill a bit on forums right now and see the bigger picture; your class as a whole is still very strong and historically has been very potent throughout the entire game - as opposed to Templars outside the healing role.

DKs have always been the strongest tanking class and have always been potent in terms of DPS in one way or another and on top of that they have always been strong for solo and 1vX PvP (albeit less so late couple of months but game is almost four years old).

Templars have always been the strongest healing class but have only been potent in terms of DPS for around half of the games time and have always been overall the weakest class for solo and 1vX PvP.

I main Templar and I think Templars and DKs should work together rather than against one another.

Both Templar and DK have seen the most drastic nerfs in the past year compared to the others.

They're both melee-range magicka classes which lack much of the utility required for standing our ground in many cases (lowered healing for both classes the past year, useless morphs to many of both classes' abilities, Templar losing almost all CC capability, and DK's CCs becoming less and less potent compared to Sorcerer and Nightblade, and that's just a few ways they can relate to one another in terms of constant dumbing-down)
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I main Templar and I think Templars and DKs should work together rather than against one another.

Both Templar and DK have seen the most drastic nerfs in the past year compared to the others.

They're both melee-range magicka classes which lack much of the utility required for standing our ground in many cases (lowered healing for both classes the past year, useless morphs to many of both classes' abilities, Templar losing almost all CC capability, and DK's CCs becoming less and less potent compared to Sorcerer and Nightblade, and that's just a few ways they can relate to one another in terms of constant dumbing-down)

Oh but I agree and I don't tend to downplay the problems with DKs.

It's just that the DK rage on forums now is spilling over into every unrelated thread aswell.

Both classes suffer from flaws. DKs flaws have recently surfaced while Templars have been in a terrible spot almost since launch, with a few exceptions.

DKs however still has the better stamina DD setup and the better 1vX/solo PvP builds. So despite of recent nerfs to magicka DKs the class as a whole is still doing good compared to Templars and as such I think it's somewhat hypocritical/ironic (not sure how to describe it) to see DK complaints on a thread related to Templars which in my opinion - as a class - is even worse off.
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's just that the DK rage on forums now is spilling over into every unrelated thread aswell.

Both classes suffer from flaws. DKs flaws have recently surfaced while Templars have been in a terrible spot almost since launch, with a few exceptions.

DKs however still has the better stamina DD setup and the better 1vX/solo PvP builds. So despite of recent nerfs to magicka DKs the class as a whole is still doing good compared to Templars and as such I think it's somewhat hypocritical/ironic (not sure how to describe it) to see DK complaints on a thread related to Templars which in my opinion - as a class - is even worse off.

Honestly, when it comes to ZOS fixing things, "the squeaky gears get the grease" as they saying goes.

I know it may be annoying, but they just want their issues to be heard since no responses have been seen from developers on any of the DK threads.
  • Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, when it comes to ZOS fixing things, "the squeaky gears get the grease" as they saying goes.

I know it may be annoying, but they just want their issues to be heard since no responses have been seen from developers on any of the DK threads.

Annoying but understandable. :)
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Goes into Templar thread.
    Most posts about DK.

Goes into DK thread.
    Most posts crying about stamblade.

You guys really aren't doing yourself any favors here.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag melee unite! Lol guys let's just keep pushing constructive and insightful knowledge... Down thier throats until they are drowning and must relent before the life leaves thier nerf filled bodies.... Jk I hope
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Goes into Templar thread.
    Most posts about DK.

Goes into DK thread.
    Most posts crying about stamblade.

You guys really aren't doing yourself any favors here.

To be fair, that's what most class threads devolve into. And it's been this way for as long as I can remember.

Just be glad there are less "nerf sorcerer" threads nowadays.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."