The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Non-NB pvpers should be thanking ZOS for NB buff...

Solohope
Solohope
✭✭✭
After reading patch notes 3.2.2 and experimenting in 3.1.1 I came to realize that the assassin's will buff is actually a godsend to non-NB's looking at it from a PvP perspective. Now, you are probably thinking:

"Why would I be happy that ANOTHER class is doing more damage?!?"

and the reason you should be happy is because when this patch is gonna go live and you enter cyrodil you will actually be fighting some magblade instead of being 1-shot by them. Allow me to explain:

With the dragon bones dlc dropping it will be bringing the new BiS gankblade set: Caluurion’s Legacy. Now let me show you the simple math:

((Caluurion’s Legacy + Spinners + crit damage (Shadowy Disguise) + Minor Berserk (Merciless Focus) + Empower (Inner Light)+ Glyph of Prismatic Onslaught (relevant if you're a vampire) + Fully charged inferno staff heavy + destructive clench) X CP magic damage bonus) / 1 Second (The amount of time you will be taking ALL of this damage in) = You (who isn't paying attention while riding through the fields of cyrodil) dead

However, with the assassin's will buff comes diversity. Keep in mind that assassin's will is the hardest hitting ability so with the buff it will keep magblade FIGHTERS (not gankers) still relevant so we won't be NEEDING to resort to ganking. What that means for you is less frustration, so stop complaining and start thanking.
PC NA - @Solohope
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With that logic ZOS should buff NBs even more, possibly through the roof. Because then they don’t have to resort to ganking. What will happen is that the NBs still take the ganks gladly while rejoicing about more combat options. It will work out. Really grateful for these changes.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you ZoS . Send moar buffs .
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a stamnb main i should be happy about these changes but no, this is just another nail in the coffin for combat balance.
    Stamnb didn't need any buffs, they needed nerfs in fact not many but removing the cc of incap would bring them in line with the other classes.
    And we get buffs to the strongest Base burst ability in the game to make it even more noob friendly.
    On PC EU there are maybe 10-15 stamnbs who reliably hit their enemies with incap+will with every attempt because they think about their gameplay. With these changes the biggest light attack spamming scrubs can get the bow reliably and can deal massive burst damage.
    Say hello to even more Xv1 tools for another class
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    With that logic ZOS should buff NBs even more, possibly through the roof. Because then they don’t have to resort to ganking. What will happen is that the NBs still take the ganks gladly while rejoicing about more combat options. It will work out. Really grateful for these changes.
    I fully support this. Nightblade buffs best buffs.

Also we should have the DK whip stun the caster if the enemy blocks it, I think it needs that as it's too OP right now. :trollface:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the whip should break the shield if you block. So you have to repair it. To go on with the pro buff.
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Time to reroll magNB :trollface:
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    As a stamnb main i should be happy about these changes but no, this is just another nail in the coffin for combat balance.
    Stamnb didn't need any buffs, they needed nerfs in fact not many but removing the cc of incap would bring them in line with the other classes.
    And we get buffs to the strongest Base burst ability in the game to make it even more noob friendly.
    On PC EU there are maybe 10-15 stamnbs who reliably hit their enemies with incap+will with every attempt because they think about their gameplay. With these changes the biggest light attack spamming scrubs can get the bow reliably and can deal massive burst damage.

You know, we disagree often. But kudos to you for saying as it is. The NB buffs are hilarious especially if you take the PvP performance of Wardens on the one hand and Templars on the other hand into account.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You know, we disagree often. But kudos to you for saying as it is. The NB buffs are hilarious especially if you take the PvP performance of Wardens on the one hand and Templars on the other hand into account.

Yeah we do, but everything i post on these forums are based on my wish to make the game balanced. When i ask for nerfs for sorc i always have in mind that things like shieldbreaker, implosion, shieldstacking BoL have to go, and that sorc needs some buffs to balance this like a reliable heal or snare removal (like every class needs it)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is ganking even a thing these days?

When I started PvP it was the bane, in particular in Imp City when that launched.

I used to work on my system anti-gant. Defence rune, radiant magelight etc

Personally I'm ok with being ganked, a whole class is really designed around it. It spices things up. But it just doesn't happen now

It's OP tank block builds stood in the open being annoying or its zerh balls or destro trains. Which are all way more broken and annoying.

Some.dude wants to sit on a path for 10 mins in case I come along and the. Try to burst me down in one hit. Fair play to him. At least its spicy.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, heavy armor being meta mainly came to life when gankblades were so op that you usually could not survive any ganks were you not wearing heavy. People had to turtle up against all the viper/velidreth and that turtling around unfortunately hasnt gone yet as the tankiness is too beneficial to not have.
    Edited by GaunterODim on January 23, 2018 9:29AM
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, heavy armor being meta mainly came to life when gankblades were so op that you usually could not survive any ganks were you not wearing heavy. People had to turtle up against all the viper/velidreth and that turtling around unfortunately hasnt gone yet as the tankiness is too beneficial to not have.

Some still use heavy armor because ZOS keeps buffing gankers.
  • Solohope
    Solohope
    ✭✭✭

Some still use heavy armor because ZOS keeps buffing gankers.

You have to realize that any good ganker is pretty much guaranteed to be glass cannon. Its not like there is no trade off
    PC NA - @Solohope
  • Pastas
    Pastas
    ✭✭✭
    Solohope wrote: »
    After reading patch notes 3.2.2 and experimenting in 3.1.1 I came to realize that the assassin's will buff is actually a godsend to non-NB's looking at it from a PvP perspective. Now, you are probably thinking:

"Why would I be happy that ANOTHER class is doing more damage?!?"

and the reason you should be happy is because when this patch is gonna go live and you enter cyrodil you will actually be fighting some magblade instead of being 1-shot by them. Allow me to explain:

With the dragon bones dlc dropping it will be bringing the new BiS gankblade set: Caluurion’s Legacy. Now let me show you the simple math:

((Caluurion’s Legacy + Spinners + crit damage (Shadowy Disguise) + Minor Berserk (Merciless Focus) + Empower (Inner Light)+ Glyph of Prismatic Onslaught (relevant if you're a vampire) + Fully charged inferno staff heavy + destructive clench) X CP magic damage bonus) / 1 Second (The amount of time you will be taking ALL of this damage in) = You (who isn't paying attention while riding through the fields of cyrodil) dead

However, with the assassin's will buff comes diversity. Keep in mind that assassin's will is the hardest hitting ability so with the buff it will keep magblade FIGHTERS (not gankers) still relevant so we won't be NEEDING to resort to ganking. What that means for you is less frustration, so stop complaining and start thanking.

Your logic deserves a lol.
    Haven't tested this change, but it looks like a bit op on paper. Waiting fo people feedback.
    Anyway I think that this buff was unnecessary.

WARNING
    This post may Include horrible gramatical and orthographic errors
    Read on your own risk
    AD
    Dar'foo Stamblade Zorg-gro-Wurf DK tank Far-Datxo Templar healer Valmir Spellius Magsorc
    Randolf Omberic Magblade Felien Golas Magdk Faenor Oakwood Stamplar Sader Dustorm Stamsorc
    EP
    Do'Ragash Stamdk Caius Grachus Stamden Dalyne Narus Magplar
    DC
    Melkar Spellius Magden
    PC EU
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy because of this small buff :)
    It's a really nice change to nightblades.

Keep it up ZOS.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't speak for the new sets but as far as the mercy bow change being a buff? Come on... really? The good magnbs that you get killed by don't miss mercy weaves. What this does is help lower the skill ceiling for the average nb. You may not agree but magnb is the hardest class to play effectively and thus many resort to ganking. Hopefully this will give the middle of the pack magnbs and easier and they won't be forced to play "gankblades"

And while I'm typing this I'm thinking you should be thanking they for the new sets a bit. Pair the new gankblade set with VD, and the disappearance of aoe caps, should be a bomb blade of justice to fight all these zergs we cry about.
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭

if you think that the CC on incap is what makes nightblades strong, you have no idea how a nightblade works. The 20% dmg increase + defile is what makes incap so powerful, the stun and the burst of incap is not very different from DBoS/Leap. Surviving the incap is not hard, the hard part is not dying a few seconds latter with the defile and 20% dmg taken debuff on you.

Edited by ManDraKE on January 23, 2018 12:44PM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »

if you think that the CC on incap is what makes nightblades strong, you have no idea how a nightblade works. The 20% dmg increase + defile is what makes incap so powerful, the stun and the burst of incap is not very different from DBoS/Leap. Surviving the incap is not hard, the hard part is not dying a few seconds latter with the defile and 20% dmg taken debuff on you.

Thanks for giving me this advice i mean i play stamnb since beta but yeah i don't have any idea how stamnb works.
    The stun on incap in conjunction with the other buffs make this skill op. However the other 2 buffs are remarkable for incap and shouldn't be removed as they make stamnb bursty what they should be, the cc on the other side pushes the bursty nature way over the top and it is completely different than leap or dbos.
    Why?
    1. Stamnb has access to the strongest instant spammable in the game that gets buffed by 20% from incap for the duration of 6 sec after incap. Stamnb also has access to the second best nuke ability in the game only beaten by magnbs counterpart of assassin's will.

If you stun an opponent with incap, which i pretty easy as you can hit people mid dodgeroll when it lags due to the fastest travel time in the game for any skill, you deal crazy burst damage to them and guarantee that your next ability will hit because of lag and the buggy nature of the CC and the overall reaction time of most humans.
    With incap+will you can easily dish out 25k dmg in 1 seconds because of the stun, if you remove the stun on incap you either have to fear your enemy beforehand or you hope that your enemy doesn't block or dodge after the incap.

These problems don't apply on leap or Dbos because the classes using them don't have such a strong follow-up and especially no 20% damage boost for trade next 6 seconds.

Removing the damage boost from incap would also make stamnb crap in pve once again. So you can only adjust 3 things: increase the cost by a lot, remove the cc or nerf the damage.
    The first 2 hurt nbs in pve the last one doesn't and it balances nbs just fine.

You can see that the cc is the problem on incap when every magnb is running it over soul harvest you know there is something wrong and the only direct combat difference is the cc if it goes stamnb finally becomes more balanced
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for giving me this advice i mean i play stamnb since beta but yeah i don't have any idea how stamnb works.

the good-old "i'm a beta player, trust me".
    The stun on incap in conjunction with the other buffs make this skill op. However the other 2 buffs are remarkable for incap and shouldn't be removed as they make stamnb bursty what they should be, the cc on the other side pushes the bursty nature way over the top and it is completely different than leap or dbos.
    Why?
    1. Stamnb has access to the strongest instant spammable in the game that gets buffed by 20% from incap for the duration of 6 sec after incap. Stamnb also has access to the second best nuke ability in the game only beaten by magnbs counterpart of assassin's will.

Incap is the only non-magika stun that a stamblade have. Fear and the SA stun from stealth require magic, if you remove the CC for incap, you kill a lot of build variety and combos.
    If you stun an opponent with incap, which i pretty easy as you can hit people mid dodgeroll when it lags due to the fastest travel time in the game for any skill

incap dosn't have travel time, is instant meele. And is really easy to dodge, unlike other ultimates.
    With incap+will you can easily dish out 25k dmg in 1 seconds because of the stun, if you remove the stun on incap you either have to fear your enemy beforehand or you hope that your enemy doesn't block or dodge after the incap.

I can dish that damage with every stamclass in the game, just different combos. In fact, i can get more burst of a stamplar or a stamwarden than a nightblade.
    These problems don't apply on leap or Dbos because the classes using them don't have such a strong follow-up and especially no 20% damage boost for trade next 6 seconds.

Maybe you want to go back to those classes. A stamplar for example, with PoTL and burning light proccing from undoggeable jabs after the DBoS is way more more burst than a nb combo.
    Removing the damage boost from incap would also make stamnb crap in pve once again. So you can only adjust 3 things: increase the cost by a lot, remove the cc or nerf the damage.

Incap just need the dmg debuff tunned down a little bit and the befoul CP passive nerfed. Nothing more, nothing less.
    You can see that the cc is the problem on incap when every magnb is running it over soul harvest you know there is something wrong and the only direct combat difference is the cc if it goes stamnb finally becomes more balanced .

The problems with magNB are not related with incap/soulharvest.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s easy to dodge an Animation canceled Incap with the usual lag if you’re not dueling, don’t have major evasion or are a Stam build by chance? Ah.

It's easy to survive, just get enough health & impen (or keep your dmg shield up when you know stamblade has Incap rdy).

My light armor destro/resto mDK can survive them (and the whole Incap->Merciless combo), there's no reason why you shouldn't.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DDuke

I mixed it up with DBoS, that’s why I deleted my comment. My bad. Still, I think that Incap is a tad overloaded. I agree though that it can be difficult to land against a good player.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DDuke

I mixed it up with DBoS, that’s why I deleted my comment. My bad. Still, I think that Incap is a tad overloaded. I agree though that it can be difficult to land against a good player.

Oh, I do get by it a lot (on mDK atleast, not on my stam builds). I try not to dodge roll too much when it drains a third of my stamina pool :P

But there's always a health/mitigation threshold you can calculate to survive any known combo in the game.

And if you can survive that combo from a stamblade, then there's very little a stamblade can do until their next Incap is up as there's no delayed burst; things like Implosion, Shalks, Purifying Light etc that can surprise you.

It's just Incap+Merciless & they start spamming execute. If you can eat the first two & then cast Healing Ward the danger is over.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

the good-old "i'm a beta player, trust me".
    Why?

Incap is the only non-magika stun that a stamblade have. Fear and the SA stun from stealth require magic, if you remove the CC for incap, you kill a lot of build variety and combos.
    If you stun an opponent with incap, which i pretty easy as you can hit people mid dodgeroll when it lags due to the fastest travel time in the game for any skill

incap dosn't have travel time, is instant meele. And is really easy to dodge, unlike other ultimates.

I can dish that damage with every stamclass in the game, just different combos. In fact, i can get more burst of a stamplar or a stamwarden than a nightblade.

Maybe you want to go back to those classes. A stamplar for example, with PoTL and burning light proccing from undoggeable jabs after the DBoS is way more more burst than a nb combo.

Incap just need the dmg debuff tunned down a little bit and the befoul CP passive nerfed. Nothing more, nothing less.
    You can see that the cc is the problem on incap when every magnb is running it over soul harvest you know there is something wrong and the only direct combat difference is the cc if it goes stamnb finally becomes more balanced .

The problems with magNB are not related with incap/soulharvest.

Let's start this.

If you don't use Fear on a Nightblade you are doing it wrong. That's like not using BoL on a templar or running a heavy armor sorc without shields.

You know what's the difference between stamplar and stamnb? There is a huge green spear above you telling you to block before the Dbos comes. Also jabs have a 1.1 sec cast time in 1.1 sec all mag chars are out of that DB stun and have their shields up and you won't kill them then, a surprise attack/ will however hit instantly and you want to get your burst as instantly as possible.
    If you show me how to get a 25k burst on stamdk without perfect weaving and bash by using 2 skills on a balanced build I'm impressed but you won't.

There is a travel time even for meele skills. Sadly that you haven't noticed this yet.

As i said the damage buff on incap is what makes stamnb useable in pve.

Befoul is a completely different story that applies to all defiles and should be dealt with just like other unbalanced things in this game.

If you play stamplar you notice that the glorious burning light proc is bugged atm and doesn't proc to a 25% chance it's more of a 10-15% chance also as i said jabs take 1.1 seconds to deal their damage in the same time you can get 2 light attacks + incap + will + 2 bashes off or any other combination of 2 skills + weaves
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    @DDuke

Oh, I do get by it a lot (on mDK atleast, not on my stam builds). I try not to dodge roll too much when it drains a third of my stamina pool :P

But there's always a health/mitigation threshold you can calculate to survive any known combo in the game.

And if you can survive that combo from a stamblade, then there's very little a stamblade can do until their next Incap is up as there's no delayed burst; things like Implosion, Shalks, Purifying Light etc that can surprise you.

It's just Incap+Merciless & they start spamming execute. If you can eat the first two & then cast Healing Ward the danger is over.

Well if they are at least decent they time it with the PI dot which hits for 4-5k with masters bow.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Times I have successfully been ganked by a Magblade:
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You're way overreacting over this buff. It barely changes anything for good players, and it doesn't make it noob friendly but rather less-noob-punishing. And you say "even more noob friendly", but this ability is pretty much the definition of the opposite of being noob friendly.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    @DDuke

Well if they are at least decent they time it with the PI dot which hits for 4-5k with masters bow.

Right.

So with Hunding's+Spriggan & 57,5% dmg modifier (13% mighty 24% master-at-arms 8% minor berserk 10% off balance 2,5% & 2,5% sword) a DW stamblade can crit me for a maximum of 8371 with Incap
    19 262/2(Battle Spirit)=9631-29.896%(my mitigation vs direct dmg)=6751+[72%(CritModifier)-48%(CritMitigation)]=8371

...which can then be follow by a maximum 11 102 Merciless
    25 547/2(Battle Spirit)=12 773-29.896%(my mitigation vs direct dmg)=8954+[72%(CritModifier)-48%(CritMitigation)]=11 102

...means I need 19 473 health to survive that if both crit.

My mDK has 25k health in PvP, means you'd have to find 6k dmg from somewhere (you can get one light attack+bash with the stamblade Incap+Merciless & PI tick, but it's not enough) even on a 100% full dmg zero sustain build.

...and that's if literally everything crits (a gank build can get up to 50%~ crit chance). Chances of every part of the combo critting would be 12,5%.

Then there's vampire -33% dmg taken, passive health regen that may occur during the combo, healing from Resilient CP, any active heal over time etc... it's just very hard to die to stamblade combo when you have enough health/mitigation. Too lazy to calculate all that stuff again right now :P
    Edited by DDuke on January 23, 2018 2:12PM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

You're way overreacting over this buff. It barely changes anything for good players, and it doesn't make it noob friendly but rather less-noob-punishing. And you say "even more noob friendly", but this ability is pretty much the definition of the opposite of being noob friendly.

As if LA weaving is something mysterious that people can only pull of when they already finished vHof + vMol.
    I say even more noob friendly because the last part that somewhat brought skill to the game gets dumped down to be useable by everyone even the khajiit snipers doing nothing else than spamming Snipe and maybe one light attack every 5 seconds.
    I don't have problems with the ceiling i have problems with pushing the floor as much as possible
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1. Stamnb has access to the strongest instant spammable in the game that gets buffed by 20% from incap for the duration of 6 sec after incap.

In terms of raw damage Surprise Attack loses out to Cutting Dive. And Biting Jabs (which isn't instant but still). So its basically the weakest of all stamina class spammables in terms of base damage. Surprise Attack becomes strong once you factor in the utility it brings: 3% max health, Major Fracture, Major Resolve, Major Ward.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Sorry for drive by posting, but I really can't find anything more to add onto this comment. Because they're right. It's technically not a buff or nerf either way. It just makes the tool mechanically better to use.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on January 23, 2018 2:22PM
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

How is stam Nb in your opinion overperforming since proc sets got nerfed? Will is delayed, there is no problem in breaking the Incap stun and rolldodge before Will actually hits you.
    How would you describe Shalks, Curse, Backlash etc (which are all undodgeable and unblockable) if you rate Assassins Will as "noob friendly"?

On my stamblade I have to choose one of the following 3 skills: Assassins Will, Execute or Siphoning Strikes (unless I drop either my CC or my Gapcloser). I love Assassins Will but outside of duels it's simply not worth it using over a simple execute because you can't reliably proc it. With this change that might change (maybe increase the light attacks required to 6?) which is good in my opinion.

You only mention the strength of stamnb while downplaying their weaknesses:
    - Weakest defense in the game
    - No class dot and no good pressure (survive the burst and you are fine)
    - No usefull class aoe
    - No usefull group utility
    - No class based snare besides of Fear

The only thing I would change is nerfing Cloak if medium armor gets buffed. Stamnb is better than other medium armor builds but for sure not better than magicka builds currently are. They are good for solo PvP and that's the only thing there they are good currently, don't tell me that you would pick a stamblade over a magplar or magdk in battlegrounds for example.
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.