The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Outfitting should have no gold cost for subscribers

Recremen
Recremen
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Putting this here since the cash shop forum seems more for things that are actually in the game whereas this forum is for upcoming features.

Anyway, subscribers shouldn't be nickel and dimed to death by a per-use cost to use the outfitting stations. It fits the theme of some of our other benefits, such as not getting nickel and dimed to death by the dye stamps for costumes. It's aesthetic, it's convenient, it belongs in the ESO+ benefits.
Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree that this would be a nice benefit for ESO+ members. We got double storage for transmute crystals with the last system that was introduced, so I think it would be great if they introduced an ESO+ benefit with this new system.

Even if it were just dyeing outfits that was free for ESO+ members - that would fit with already having costume dyeing for free.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a supporting eso plus member I agree
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1
    The fee shouldn't exist for subscribers.
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes that would be nice and make sense
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    as a lon term eso+ member im all in for this!
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Until they even have subscribers...
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Most of non-casual players are subscribers.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »

Most of non-casual players are subscribers.

I've got a couple senior guild members without ESO+. It's weird enough that they're memorable.
  • boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭
    What do you do with your gold then?
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    boggo wrote: »

buy that stuff to golden wepons.... since as a pvper im addicted to try new stuff
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free outfit system or an additional slot for a second outfit
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From the feedback thread:

"My other feedback is about gold cost, as others already said, the fee should go and i hope it will.

There are already heavy money sinks in this game, housing constantly makes me poor and I'm not alone on this, not to mention motives in general needed right now.

Please reconsider, it's not funny and not everyone has the time to play monopoly in this game.

Dye should be free for all and definitely for ESO+, damn, give us some love on this."

Edited by RANKK7 on January 23, 2018 11:51AM
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    how many threads are you going to create on this?
  • boggo
    boggo
    ✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »

"My other feedback is about gold cost, as others already said, the fee should go and i hope it will.

There are already heavy money sinks in this game, housing constantly makes me poor and I'm not alone on this, not to mention motives in general needed right now.

Please reconsider, it's not funny and not everyone has the time to play monopoly in this game.

Dye should be free for all and definitely for ESO+, damn, give us some love on this."

The monopoly part isn‘t actually that time consuming. Join a couple of trading guilds and see that your slots are filled with popular stuff. You‘ll make 200k a week quite easily.
    Edited by boggo on January 23, 2018 11:54AM
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »

The monopoly part isn‘t actually that time consuming. Join a couple of trading guilds and see that your slots are filled with popular stuff. You‘ll make 200k a week quite easily.

I usually reach way more than that in one week, still I'm poor, housing is the biggest money sink ever and as another user also said it's not the only one, trying out new sets and experimenting is also very expensive.

There are money sinks already, I rather they get rid of this crap fee for Outfits and stop.
    Even more for ESO+ subscribers.
    lll
    lll
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO+ is such a great deal Zenimax. Please encourage more players to tune in and subscribe.
    It's worth it and everyone should be convinced to do it. You have nothing to loose, you will profit from it and so will we.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Baracuta
    Baracuta
    ✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Putting this here since the cash shop forum seems more for things that are actually in the game whereas this forum is for upcoming features.

Anyway, subscribers shouldn't be nickel and dimed to death by a per-use cost to use the outfitting stations. It fits the theme of some of our other benefits, such as not getting nickel and dimed to death by the dye stamps for costumes. It's aesthetic, it's convenient, it belongs in the ESO+ benefits.

Men-Do, nooooo...You were a beacon in the darkness, spreading the light of Jone and Jode :c
    You were supposed to end the pressure to spend real money, not join it! To bring a free outfit system for everyone; not make it exclusive!
    You were an idol, Men-Do. I loved you.
    Outfit Slots are outrageously expensive. No, thank you.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baracuta wrote: »

Men-Do, nooooo...You were a beacon in the darkness, spreading the light of Jone and Jode :c
    You were supposed to end the pressure to spend real money, not join it! To bring a free outfit system for everyone; not make it exclusive!

Sounds like something Obi-Wan would say.
    Edited by Dracane on January 23, 2018 3:05PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Baracuta
    Baracuta
    ✭✭✭

Dracane wrote: »

Sounds like something Obi-Wan would say.

That's the idea.
    Outfit Slots are outrageously expensive. No, thank you.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free outfit system or an additional slot for a second outfit

@MajesticHaruki

Honestly a free second slot seems like a bad deal to me. You still have to pay every time you want to change it. I'd rather buy extra outfits slots separately as designed for when I get a really fine-ass setup that I want to come back to all the time, without the hassle of going to an outfit station.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slick_007 wrote: »
    how many threads are you going to create on this?

Honey I am just getting started.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baracuta wrote: »

@Baracuta

I am still 100% behind not having a fee for everyone, don't get me wrong. Still, you have to come at this sort of problem from multiple angles and see what sticks. It's like that health concept of "harm reduction", even if you can't get them off the heroin completely you can reduce risk by getting them to take it less.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    +1 for this!

I fully support this idea! :)
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE STOP SUGGESTING stuff as ESO Plus only, you're going to find yourself alone as the reason the subscription was removed was due to people and companies not being in support of such a model. If things keep getting added to ESO Plus, whats the point of saying there is no sub requirement?

It should cost gold, it shouldn't cost crowns....or maybe...just maybe

It should not cost either and be a result of doing quests or crafting.
    Specifically, it should unlock within the crafting system, no other crafting access costs gold or crowns as well as armor dye prior to this, lets keep things consistent please.

I understand people want to feel ESO+ has perceived value, .....they can make plenty of money otherwise, using crown store cosmetics as well as upping the cost of crown DLC and removing ESO Plus requirements for QoL updates.

Then if someone wants to subscribe, they can and it has value as they are unlocking access to these items via the DLC unlock. Otherwise customers who don't subscribe can buy the DLC.

its not the same but it works
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 23, 2018 6:48PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE STOP SUGGESTING stuff as ESO Plus only, you're going to find yourself alone as the reason the subscription was removed was due to people and companies not being in support of such a model. If things keep getting added to ESO Plus, whats the point of saying there is no sub requirement?

Specifically, it should unlock within the crafting system, no other crafting access costs gold or crowns as well as armor dye prior to this, lets keep things consistent please.

I understand people want to feel ESO+ has perceived value, .....they can make plenty of money otherwise, using crown store cosmetics as well as upping the cost of crown DLC and removing ESO Plus requirements for QoL updates.

Then if someone wants to subscribe, they can and it has value as they are unlocking access to these items via the DLC unlock. Otherwise customers who don't subscribe can buy the DLC.

@NewBlacksmurf

I am throwing spaghetti at the wall here to see what sticks. I've also suggested on multiple occasions that just learning the motif should be enough and the gold cost should be completely scrapped for everyone. We'll see what happens.

Incidentally, though, ESO+ does need more benefits. It was originally advertised at getting us access to four zone DLC every year. We have not only had several quarters where that was not delivered, they have now completely redone the release schedule to remove one DLC completely and shrink another to just a dungeon pack. We don't just need a couple of systems to make up for the value lost on that release schedule, we need a couple of perks every year that this new release schedule is kept up, to make up for the lost value. That's why ZOS made that whole thread asking for suggestions on how to add value to ESO+.

Now, in said thread, one of the most-requested features was a "transmog" system. I am extremely happy that we have this better outfitting system instead, and that it's open to everyone. But IF they were to kill two birds with one stone by eliminating the outfitting gold cost for subscribers, then at the very least it's not something that we all didn't see coming.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@NewBlacksmurf

I am throwing spaghetti at the wall here to see what sticks. I've also suggested on multiple occasions that just learning the motif should be enough and the gold cost should be completely scrapped for everyone. We'll see what happens.

Incidentally, though, ESO+ does need more benefits. It was originally advertised at getting us access to four zone DLC every year. We have not only had several quarters where that was not delivered, they have now completely redone the release schedule to remove one DLC completely and shrink another to just a dungeon pack. We don't just need a couple of systems to make up for the value lost on that release schedule, we need a couple of perks every year that this new release schedule is kept up, to make up for the lost value. That's why ZOS made that whole thread asking for suggestions on how to add value to ESO+.

Now, in said thread, one of the most-requested features was a "transmog" system. I am extremely happy that we have this better outfitting system instead, and that it's open to everyone. But IF they were to kill two birds with one stone by eliminating the outfitting gold cost for subscribers, then at the very least it's not something that we all didn't see coming.

@Recremen

I agree ESO+ needs a complete redesign but I disagree that it needs more benefits.
    its not that it should be the go to choice for customers, it must stay as a choice for the customer who only wants to subscribe and not be nickel and dimed on top of their subscription.

The non-subscriber must be in a position to purchase the same items outside of a subscription.

Keeping it simple, ZOS misspoke on the intent of ESO+ so they're trying to change it at the cost of disenfranchising paying customers. Note.....everyone is a paying customer if they subscribe or buy crowns as its one in the same.

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    signed.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't ESO+ have enough benefits as is?
    I mean, seriously.
    Unlimited crafting storage
    Double Bank and housing space
    Crowns every month
    Dyable Outfits
    Free access to non-chapter DLC

When does it stop being a bonus and start becoming an entitlement badge?
    Edited by Silver_Strider on January 23, 2018 7:48PM
    Argonian forever
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an ESO+ subscriber and being one that takes issue with the reduction in benefits, something should be done. First I want to say that the outfit system should be free to all. Period and Fact, however, knowing that Zo$'s only true motivation is to drive us to some form of monetization, then the next likely and less painful avenue is pairing it with ESO+. At least this way it being paired with the subscription will give added benefit to that and I would suspect that Zo$ would see an uptick in subs. Zo$ is happy cause money and the consumer isn't being hosed. If you continue to decide that you can play ESO without ESO+ or you are in position that you can't sub or just simplly don't care about any of the benefits (not a crafter, home owner, costumes - shomostumes) then don't sub. I think it is the most realistic potential outcome, Zo$ isn't going to back down as they have a "by-pass gold cost" token in the Crown $tore.
    Edited by SGT_Wolfe101st on January 23, 2018 7:58PM
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gold costs aren't exactly nickle and dining us. Heck, there's hardly a good sink in the game. when I never has much gold it was because I was buying more than I really needed to from other players. Stop buying so much and watch your bank fill with gold.