The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Earthgore Nerf

• RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should change the flat value to % based healing for example , when it procs it heals for 15% of the max health each second for 4 seconds.
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This wasn't the correct way to nerf earthgore. It's not enough either, it's still too strong.

In fact, I'd argue this change makes the set worse as it impacts smaller groups more than larger groups. The more players you have, the more earthgore's you can have, the more chances at removing enemy negates after the nerf you have, the more people you have to place ground effects which counters enemy earthgores of a smaller group.

Plus healing of this set is still just as OP.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave Earthgore the hell alone, yeez nerf nerf nerf, thats all that people cry when it comes to useful sets because their precious builds failed in PvP. Not everyone runs in a organized PvE or PvP guild. Even when having a good mix of Burst heal and HoT if you live the pug life you might find a set like Earthgore saving the day at the very last moments. The Zerg will always either overwhelm or be overwhelmed and i’ve seen many people on Cyrodiil die right when it procs, that 30k heal means nothing when you have people than can stack well over 2k damage while wearing heavy armor 7th legion/fury/balorgh and simply getting you with a DoS followed by a well placed animation canceled uppercut, executioner, uppercut, executioner combo or the good old rendimg slash, spin to win spin to win with lots of poison and triggering that exaggerated twin blade blunt bleeds. if you really want balance in this game you call for fixes rather than nerfs and for redesigning old sets that have useless 5 piece stats like the Oblivion set for example, it could be redesigned to counter Oblivion damage instead of filling up an empy soul gem. One of this days i swear it's going to be either here or reddit, people are going to cry for ZOS to nerf the armor of the trainee
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    people are going to cry for ZOS to nerf the armor of the trainee

The thing is Trainee once had 2,500 of each stat as a 5 pc and was adjusted to 1,250 because it had the best raw stats in the game...
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ysbriel wrote: »
    Leave Earthgore the hell alone, yeez nerf nerf nerf, thats all that people cry when it comes to useful sets because their precious builds failed in PvP. Not everyone runs in a organized PvE or PvP guild. Even when having a good mix of Burst heal and HoT if you live the pug life you might find a set like Earthgore saving the day at the very last moments. The Zerg will always either overwhelm or be overwhelmed and i’ve seen many people on Cyrodiil die right when it procs, that 30k heal means nothing when you have people than can stack well over 2k damage while wearing heavy armor 7th legion/fury/balorgh and simply getting you with a DoS followed by a well placed animation canceled uppercut, executioner, uppercut, executioner combo or the good old rendimg slash, spin to win spin to win with lots of poison and triggering that exaggerated twin blade blunt bleeds. if you really want balance in this game you call for fixes rather than nerfs and for redesigning old sets that have useless 5 piece stats like the Oblivion set for example, it could be redesigned to counter Oblivion damage instead of filling up an empy soul gem. One of this days i swear it's going to be either here or reddit, people are going to cry for ZOS to nerf the armor of the trainee

Trainee used to be twice the value on 5 bonus.. those tears have been cried here before. Hahaha
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZonasArch wrote: »

Trainee used to be twice the value on 5 bonus.. those tears have been cried here before. Hahaha

It was stupid though because people were specifically farming for named quest drops to get other traits than Training. The set indeed was overperforming if you could assemble a non-Training set. Sharpened Trainee Swords were going for a few hundred thousand gold on vendors.

Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    ZonasArch wrote: »

It was stupid though because people were specifically farming for named quest drops to get other traits than Training. The set indeed was overperforming if you could assemble a non-Training set. Sharpened Trainee Swords were going for a few hundred thousand gold on vendors.

zombomeme04022019082125.jpg

Here's something I made for our entertainment.
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't you think people would switch to Bogdan instead? It can proc every 6s.
    Unless it will change that ground-based heals would heal for less the more people are inside, nothing gonna change. Any kind of AoE heal will be strong if you overlap them from 10+ people.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give it a global cooldown, shared by all group members. If the 35 seconds really means 35 seconds, it will cease to be "OP" for large and small groups alike.

Also, those calling for 50% less healing, that's 50% on top of the 50% already cut out by battle spirit?

EG isn't the issue. Multiple procs from EG is the issue.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Give it a global cooldown, shared by all group members. If the 35 seconds really means 35 seconds, it will cease to be "OP" for large and small groups alike.

Also, those calling for 50% less healing, that's 50% on top of the 50% already cut out by battle spirit?

EG isn't the issue. Multiple procs from EG is the issue.

Earthgore is the issue. Small cooldown with a large aoe heal.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ysbriel

Hey, did you think to look at the date of the thread before you rolled in here to tell me to back off from Earthgore?

Look again, okay?

January 2018

This thread is about the pre-nerf Earthgore. The one that healed and dispelled every enemy ground based effect it touched. Not the current one, with less heals and only dispelling one effect.

How did you even find this thread to necro it, anyway?

If you wanna complain about them darn organized PVPers wanting Earthgore nerfs, go find a more recent thread to do it on. Like this one, from the current PTS: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454539/earthgore
  • Chubarov_S
    Chubarov_S
    ✭✭✭
    Are you kidding me? Earthgore is a good set, but not OP, 1x1 Bloodspawn is much stronger, and Zerg has hill bots that heal many times more powerful than Earthgore.
    Theorycrafter manaNB
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ysbriel

Hey, did you think to look at the date of the thread before you rolled in here to tell me to back off from Earthgore?

Look again, okay?

January 2018

This thread is about the pre-nerf Earthgore. The one that healed and dispelled every enemy ground based effect it touched. Not the current one, with less heals and only dispelling one effect.

How did you even find this thread to necro it, anyway?

If you wanna complain about them darn organized PVPers wanting Earthgore nerfs, go find a more recent thread to do it on. Like this one, from the current PTS: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/454539/earthgore

There is your answer
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456997/class-reps-update-meeting-notes-jan-30
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    I’d still argue it won’t change much because the heal stays so strong. Toning down on the ultra negate is a good first step though.

I would prefer the set be a negate effect and remove nearly all the healing
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS moderators, I'm reporting this comment to ask you to close my thread.

Its been the victim of thread necromancy. From January 2018 to Feb 4th, 2019.

Its outdated - I originally wrote this for the Dragonbones DLC PTS in January 2018. Then, I was talking about the un-nerfed Earthgore released with Horns of the Reach which removed all ground-based enemy effects, instead of the current Earthgore which removes only one effect.

Despite being asked, players have not moved the conversations over to current threads with updated information.

So I'm asking that you close this thread, since outdated information and debate from January 2018 doesn't add much to the current PTS discussion on whether or not Earthgore ought to be nerfed further.

For anyone who was discussing the Earthgore changes here, I'm sorry. Your thoughts, ideas, and opinions will be more fruitful on threads that aren't necromancied with outdated information. If you want to continue on that conversation on threads that are for the Current PTS, here's a list of threads that may better suit your needs and are more likely to actually have an impact on the Devs' thoughts if you make sure the thread is accurate about the state of Earthgore in 2019.

Class Rep Notes: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456997/class-reps-update-meeting-notes-jan-30-2019/p1

(Relevant portion of the nores quoted here)
    "NDA / later update stuff here. ZOS knows that Fury / 7th Legion are overshadowing just about every stamina PvP option. They know fighting Earthgore is frustrating to a lot of players. They mentioned other sets that players bring up as pain points. This is not for this update so wont be on next week’s PTS, but it was good to hear from ZOS’s own mouths that existing gear needs to be looked at."

Current Earthgore disvussion thread: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/455621/earthgore/

Balancing Earthgore (and other stuff) for PVP and PVE: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/455699/why-do-pvp-ers-want-all-pve-trial-stuff-nerfed/

Reworking PVP Skills: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/456268/snipe-earthgore-timestop-and-cloak-all-need-nerfs/

Hopefully you find those current threads to be more useful or,, at least, better informed about the current state of Earthgore in 2019 than you will on this thead about the state of Earthgore a full year ago.

Thanks!
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 5, 2019 12:48PM
  • ZOS_RikardD
    ZOS_RikardD
    admin
    Greetings,

We have decided to close this thread as it was originally created in January 2018 and the information contained may no longer be relevant.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.