The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Feedback from someone who has done > 10,000 master writs

Alanar
Alanar
✭✭✭✭
Over the past year, I've completed more than 10,000 master writs, many dropped from my 14 master crafters, and many purchased from other players. Here is some feedback from that experience.

What is working?
  • The drop rates for sealed writ invitations feel great. I know some players with a single crafter, go for a few days without an invitation, but when the rng is averaged out across my 14 crafters, I can see the steady stream of writ invitations. Not too much and not too few.
  • The economics of master writs almost always make sense. I've posted an image of my profitability spreadsheet below, which shows that almost all master writ invitations are worth something with current writ voucher prices (PC/NA), and the steady stream of new content on the master writ vendor helps keep demand fairly steady.

What could be better?
  • It would be convenient if sealed writ invitations were stackable, just like survey reports. For many players, duplicate sealed writ invitations would almost never happen, but when you put more than 100 alchemy, enchanting, or provisioning invitations on the same character, the duplicates become somewhat more difficult to manage. Stackable invitations would be nice.
  • 10-voucher provisioning master writs are way out of line with all of the other master writs, so far out of line that the game economy cannot adapt to make them valuable. At this point, you are better off paying someone 10,000g for the privilege of not completing a 10-voucher provisioning writ, which turns a reward into a disappointment.

What would it take to make 10-voucher provisioning writs worth completing?
  • Option 1 - You could increase the reward for these writs from 10 writ vouchers to 40 writ vouchers, which would bring these in line with the least valuable of the other master writ types.
  • Option 2 - You could increase the reward for these writs from 10 writ vouchers to 20 writ vouchers and decrease the number of units needed from 8 to 4, requiring one perfect roe instead of two to fulfill the requirements.
  • In either case, you could handle the risk of hoarders by replacing the current item in the drop table with a new item that has the new properties. This would prevent anyone from playing the market by buying up the old invitations and turning them for a huge profit.
  • If the overall writ voucher drop rates are finely tuned, you could compensate for the increased number of vouchers by cutting the drop rate by 2x-4x accordingly.

Comments on the spreadsheet
For the analysis below, I assume that I'm buying sealed writ invitations on a guild store, buying the materials needed to complete them on a guild store, completing the invitations myself, and then selling items bought with writ vouchers on a guild store. Prices for the materials are based on my MM, which represents the four largest trade guilds on the server (ETU, BBC, AUT, ESE). For this version, I assume I can sell items bought with writ vouchers at a list price of 1050g / voucher, which is roughly the current market price.

The Target Price column represents the gap in value between the cost of materials and the value of the resulting writ vouchers, representing the value of the sealed writ invitation per writ voucher received.

Note that 10-voucher provisioning master writs are the only ones which have a negative value, and that the difference between these master writs and the next least valuable is about 2x larger than the difference between the next least valuable and the most valuable.

On the other end of the spectrum, the most valuable master writ vouchers are the 2-voucher alchemy, provisioning, and enchanting writs, which makes sense, because they take the most time per voucher, which counterbalances their high value per voucher. No change needed there.

SHK84Jw.png

@ZOS_GinaBruno Could you pass this analysis on to someone on the crafting systems team? I think they'll find it useful.
Edited by Alanar on January 22, 2018 2:08PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I totally agree on the Vouchers that use Roe. Rewards are not worth the material investment. I don't think 40 Vouchers is enough. Heck, furniture that needs Roe does not get made.

Oddly enough, people buy these things, but I have not received a Roe requiring writ in months.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - The Roe writs need to be completely redone
    - Roes need to be removed from gold furnishing recipes such as mortar & pestle, mammoth cheese, bottled plants and orcish goblet.
    - Rewards for purple Hakeijo writs (12 vouchers) is too little.

But most importantly:
    - The droprate is pure RNG, and does not take in account motif knowledge. Or at least, the bonus you get from motifs is so miniscule it's not worth the effort or cost. Doing daily quests on multiple alts, in your case 14, will always be extremely profitable. But the amount of time, cost and effort involved in complete trait research and motif knowledge isn't rewarded in any way under the current system. While the overall droprate of master writs server wide is good, it is heavily skewed towards RNG and quantity, over quality and expertise.
    A simply solution would be to lower the amount of writ drop chances for characters with little to no motif knowledge and trait research, and up it significantly for characters with complete trait and motif knowledge.
    Or at the very least, make master crafters with full motif books have a larger chance to pull out the writs with voucher rewards in the hundreds, instead of being sprinkled with 6 and 7 voucher writs every now and then and nothing else.
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually get the "Craft an Orzorga's Smoked Bear Hunch".
    One Roe is ~11,5k on EU/PC right now. That's 4 crafts. (Assuming you just save the food until you get more of them).

10 voucher-reward / writ, places you at 40 writs vouchers / 11,5k gold cost.
    I'm not sure about the average writ price right now, but it doesn't seem that bad to me, tbf.
    Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One Roe is ~11,5k on EU/PC right now. That's 4 crafts. (Assuming you just save the food until you get more of them).

I'm not sure about the average writ price right now, but it doesn't seem that bad to me, tbf.

I've been meaning to say something similar for awhile, but you've said it perfectly. I agree.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Totally agree about the legendary level provisioning writs. They don't make any sense. How was this not thought through more?
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome analysis...I totally agree with your feedback. I do ten crafters per day, all writs.

The master writs function with really good balance in most cases. I’ve also found it interesting that if I’m only getting gold mats from daily writs (allowing surveys and unrefined ores to stack up), the gold mat income almost exactly matches the outflow from gold master writs. I watched this for like a month, and my Smith, cloth and wood all sat right near the same level. Could just be coincidence, but on my account it looks like really good RNG balance.

Your server is full of cheapos, lol. Mats on mine are way more expensive. I actually sell all my wood and Smith epic master writs and buy back gold writs...it’s cheaper and I hate doing fifty a week.

And I ditch all roe writs. Like you say, they’re a losing proposition. But they sell fast in guild stores.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

pzv5j7l.jpg

Uhm. The 10 voucher writs call for 8 pieces of food or drink, meaning you have to spend 2 roes to create them. Your math is completely off.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭

Have you actually ever done the writ? If not and it seems that way due to your math, it does not work as you think. Consumable writs (alchemy and provisioning) ask for multiple items even if the initial text pre-accepting the writ quest does not show. It's NOT one craft of 4 with one roe covers 4 of the writs gives 40 vouchers for 11,5k gold. (potion writs take 20 crafted potions each)
    With all skillpoints into making 4 at once you still need 2 crafts (so 2 roes) = 8 food for a single turn in for 10 writs. I made the writ once ( my first provision writ ever) not knowing yet I needed to make multiple batches for a single turn in. After that I never done that writ again and frankly could not even give them away for free. 2 roes for 10 writ vouchers feels way overpriced, it is 23k gold for 10 vouchers. So seems pretty bad to me.
    Edited by Orticia on January 23, 2018 5:04PM
  • BlazingDynamo
    BlazingDynamo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm gonna go buy all the roe writs now just in case this happens lol
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I totally agree on the Vouchers that use Roe. Rewards are not worth the material investment. I don't think 40 Vouchers is enough. Heck, furniture that needs Roe does not get made.

Oddly enough, people buy these things, but I have not received a Roe requiring writ in months.

Which furniture calls for perfect roe?
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for some of these master writs... they need to be re examined, there are some master writs I avoid like the plague. Like prism or making something that has perfect roe or something asking me to gold out something and it only gives me less than 20 writs for. Those things are not worth doing. Some of these really need to be re examined badly. It forces some of us to be choosy when we do master writs.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks so much for this thorough and well thought out post, @Alanar. We'll take your suggestions into consideration.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks so much for this thorough and well thought out post, @Alanar. We'll take your suggestions into consideration.

If you can review over any writ voucher asking for us to make ebony armor style. Some of those things give us low yield reward where we lose writ vouchers over it.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    Alanar wrote: »

What is working?
    • The drop rates for sealed writ invitations feel great. I know some players with a single crafter, go for a few days without an invitation, but when the rng is averaged out across my 14 crafters, I can see the steady stream of writ invitations. Not too much and not too few.

Well done on the data and findings!

As you would expect from a large sample size, RNG numbers appear random and steady, however that does not translate to play quality when you're dealing with someone who does not play 14 crafters. If this game is engineered only with everybody having maxed everything out (14 crafters - soon to be 15, cp690 balance - soon to be 720, etc.) they will leave new players feeling left out, as the thought of spending years to achieve normalcy is not appealing.
    How do you balance the top of the top with the top of the bottom while maintaining fun for everyone? That's the whole challenge of making a successful game.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WIZZARD2K wrote: »

As you would expect from a large sample size, RNG numbers appear random and steady, however that does not translate to play quality when you're dealing with someone who does not play 14 crafters. If this game is engineered only with everybody having maxed everything out (14 crafters - soon to be 15, cp690 balance - soon to be 720, etc.) they will leave new players feeling left out, as the thought of spending years to achieve normalcy is not appealing.
    How do you balance the top of the top with the top of the bottom while maintaining fun for everyone? That's the whole challenge of making a successful game.

While I agree with your sentiments to a certain degree for a lot of base game play factors, master writs should not be expected to offer equal play quality to all levels of players. These were specifically implemented to reward the players who devoted significant amounts of time and resources to max out the crafting skills, purchase or find a ton of motifs, and all the other things that are reportedly factored into the RNG of getting a master writ.

My only constructive criticism (I don't want to say "complaint" because overall I think master writs are in a pretty good place) would be that I think there should be a noticeable increase in high-voucher master writs for those who know 80-100% of the possible motifs and have every crafting achievement unlocked. As it is, I got my highest master writ (301 vouchers), within the first month after Homestead. Since that time I have literally doubled my motif knowledge and have yet to earn another MW worth over 100 vouchers. I realize the first one was an RNG blessing, but it would make more sense for these to reward the truly master crafters more consistently than just giving you 5-10 master writs worth 4-7 vouchers each per week.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I currently do writs on 6 (level 50/max crafting) characters and average 1 master writ a day. I only do the equipment writs, so that's 3 writs per character per day. If I was playing one character only I suppose that rate of RNG would translate to 1 master writ a week, which doesn't necessarily seem that bad to me.

However... I only have motifs on one character. She has roughly half of the motifs currently available. And she most definitely does not get master writs more often than my characters with no motifs at all. In fact, I swear I usually get them on an alt with no motifs. My actual crafter hasn't gotten one in ages.

So, based on my experience, I definitely think something is screwy with motifs upping the chance for master writs...

Thanks for the post OP! Super informative.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    While I agree with your sentiments to a certain degree for a lot of base game play factors, master writs should not be expected to offer equal play quality to all levels of players. These were specifically implemented to reward the players who devoted significant amounts of time and resources to max out the crafting skills, purchase or find a ton of motifs, and all the other things that are reportedly factored into the RNG of getting a master writ.

My only constructive criticism (I don't want to say "complaint" because overall I think master writs are in a pretty good place) would be that I think there should be a noticeable increase in high-voucher master writs for those who know 80-100% of the possible motifs and have every crafting achievement unlocked. As it is, I got my highest master writ (301 vouchers), within the first month after Homestead. Since that time I have literally doubled my motif knowledge and have yet to earn another MW worth over 100 vouchers. I realize the first one was an RNG blessing, but it would make more sense for these to reward the truly master crafters more consistently than just giving you 5-10 master writs worth 4-7 vouchers each per week.

ZOS can say whatever they want about what influences MasterWrit drops, but the reality for me is that I get twice as many MW and they are higher value on my Alt that only knows about 25% of the motifs, than I do on my Master Crafter that has all crafts maxed with all achievements and knows all motifs currently in the game.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    At least on PC/NA, epic prismatic writs are pretty useless.

But they still aren't as bad as the horrific perfect roe ones.
  • WIZZARD2K
    WIZZARD2K
    ✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »

I personally have no complaints about the MW drop rate. Sometimes I get them, sometimes I don't. It didn't take me long to max my crafting skills, and I'm at mostly 7/8/9 traits, so it will be interesting to see if the drop rate changes as I progress in the mastery. I do know that others have complained about the slow progress, but I personally don't see it as intended to fly right through. My best writ so far (only been playing eso 5 months) was 267, so no complaints there.

My concern is, having 14 crafters should be neither the goal of the game, nor should it be necessary to reap the benefits of the system. That being said, it would be unfair for someone who took the time to make 14 master crafters to receive the same rewards as someone who only had 1, but I also think the balance would be impossible for there to be a 14:1 reward difference. If they made the ceiling of what they intend a player to receive at the 14 crafter level, that essentially mandates everyone grind and buy more slots just to reach the balance level. If they balance the game at a single crafter level, the game becomes highly unbalanced to a player with 14, and even though they earned it, it does ruin "balance." If they cap the rewards at the single crafter level, that means having multiple crafters becomes a wasted effort, and leaves less replayability.

Where do you draw the line? Hopefully they use a curve of some sort.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Alanar wrote: »

What is working?

This is my issue as well. The people with 14 max crafters are rare, and a bad example to use for judging drop rates. I do writs on one character, all 6 kinds, every day. I would assume this is average. At this rate, I get a writ every 2-4 days, but it’s usually a low level one. In my experience, the good ones (15+ vouchers) are far too rare, occurring at a rate of what appears to be one every 45-60 days.

rip decibel
  • JHartEllis
    JHartEllis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another option for sealed writs would be to support them with a price floor. If sealed writs had a vendor value of, say, 1000-2000g, any that are not worth completing could be removed from the game that way. This might be a good long-term solution if other writs also become not worth doing.
    Guild leader of Spicy Economics and Spicy Life on PC/NA
    ESO Stream Team Partner on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/jhartellis
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/JHartEllis
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/JHartEllis
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also think re evaluating the vouchers for these 40-50 writs that need to be golded out would make sense. If I have a 40 vouchers smithing writ that requires me to gold it out, the cost for the alloys is higher than what I get because alloys here(PS4 EU) dont cost ~7000 but rather 11-13k iirc.
    Usually just putting those in the store for about 25k and hoping that someone will be dull enough to buy it.
    Edited by GaunterODim on January 26, 2018 4:27AM
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also think re evaluating the vouchers for these 40-50 writs that need to be golded out would make sense. If I have a 40 vouchers smithing writ that requires me to gold it out, the cost for the alloys is higher than what I get because alloys here(PS4 EU) dont cost ~7000 but rather 11-13k iirc.
    Usually just putting those in the store for about 25k and hoping that someone will be dull enough to buy it.

Yeah I feel you. I did a big round of master writs last night to clear inventory space, but these two caught my eye for their discrepancy in material cost vs voucher return.

Item one - 55 writ vouchers
    Assassin's Guile, restoration staff, sharpened, Skinchanger, legendary (gold)
    XB-NA Rosin price: 7.5k x 8 = 60k
    Over 1k per voucher cost just in materials

Item two - 41 writ vouchers
    Kvatch Gladiator, bow, nirnhoned, dark elf, epic (purple)
    XB-NA potent nirncrux price: 13k
    Around 300 per voucher material cost

The disparity between those is atrocious. Granted I do enough daily writs, refining, and hirelings that I don't ever have to buy gold tempers, so I don't see the cash flow out to make the items, but it still makes you shake your head...
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 1:13AM
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If ever you do look at the Master Writs again some time, could you also look into the droprate. Several people have mentioned how motif knowledge has little to no impact on getting the writs, someone with a full motif books does not get significantly more writ drops compared to someone with only basic blue motifs learned.

This shouldn't be like that. Either something is buggy with the droprate itself, or you simply have given motif knowledge too little weight and impact.
    Considering just how many motifs there are in this game (and more coming every update), how expensive and rare they can be and difficult to find, it does not make any sense to have them have only such a small - if any - impact on the droprate.

When you introduced the master crafter system a year ago you said it was to reward completion and mastery of your craft, and instead you implemented a system purely RNG related. That's not right.

Here is a thread that confirms how Master Writ droprate is purely RNG related.

And here is a thread explaining why it is bad to put roes in everything.

Edited by Carbonised on January 26, 2018 7:56AM
  • FastBen
    FastBen
    ✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »

If ever you do look at the Master Writs again some time, could you also look into the droprate. Several people have mentioned how motif knowledge has little to no impact on getting the writs, someone with a full motif books does not get significantly more writ drops compared to someone with only basic blue motifs learned.

This shouldn't be like that. Either something is buggy with the droprate itself, or you simply have given motif knowledge too little weight and impact.
    Considering just how many motifs there are in this game (and more coming every update), how expensive and rare they can be and difficult to find, it does not make any sense to have them have only such a small - if any - impact on the droprate.

When you introduced the master crafter system a year ago you said it was to reward completion and mastery of your craft, and instead you implemented a system purely RNG related. That's not right.

Here is a thread that confirms how Master Writ droprate is purely RNG related.

And here is a thread explaining why it is bad to put roes in everything.

I completely agree. I do daily writs with 2 characters. One of them knows let’s say 50% of the recipes and 40 % of all motifs and 70% researched all traits. My main knows around 90%-95% of all recipes, 90%-95% of all motifs and 100% researched all traits. My first character constantly receives better writs and gold mats compared to my main crafter. By constantly I mean at least every second day a writ, and at least two times a week writs between 50 and 100 vouchers. There were cases when he received even up to 3 writs per day + gold mats. By now that character had received 3 or 4 writs with 200-260 vouchers.
    On the other hand my main with almost all recipes and motifs known receives only garbage. The highest writ he ever got was around 70 vouchers and that was months ago. If he gets lucky for a week he gets 2-3 writs for 2-7 vouchers and a temp or a rosin.
    Having in mind how much time and gold I have spent on my main crafter for motifs and recipes, just makes me feel … I don’t know what…sad may be..
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khajiit would just like to have a greater genuine understanding of what really does contribute to the chances of getting a master writ yes.

Before this one has heard that motif knowledge and known research both contribute yes - but in what way? Do they increase the chance of a writ or increase the chance of a writ being good if you happen to get one? Do our chances continue to decrease every time a new motif is introduced? Does the system look at motifs you know in relation to the changes of getting a writ you can or cannot craft?

It is hard to climb a mountain yes when you do not know how tall it is, what the weather might be like and where the paths they lead.

To work towards something you must first understand exactly what you are working towards. The system seems vague and mysterious. This one she knows many motifs - though not the likes of the silken ring and the bouncing armchair of course - and is fully researched. Yet most days there is no master writ and this one is perhaps lucky to get one or two smaller ones a week.

When one purple MW envelope will now cost a very hefty 50 vouchers that is perhaps a good months worth of vouchers for some of us.

Also the rewards for alchemy, enchanting and provisioning are so poor compared to the other crafts.

Khajiit also knows these master writs are rewards for the top tier of crafting but perhaps to encourage travellers along the long journey of master craftsmanship there could be the potential for smaller versions of the master writs - perhaps with a maximum value of 10 vouchers?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • FastBen
    FastBen
    ✭✭✭
    Khajiit would just like to have a greater genuine understanding of what really does contribute to the chances of getting a master writ yes.

Before this one has heard that motif knowledge and known research both contribute yes - but in what way? Do they increase the chance of a writ or increase the chance of a writ being good if you happen to get one? Do our chances continue to decrease every time a new motif is introduced? Does the system look at motifs you know in relation to the changes of getting a writ you can or cannot craft?

It is hard to climb a mountain yes when you do not know how tall it is, what the weather might be like and where the paths they lead.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

You put some very interesting questions. I would like to know the answers …
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SantieClaws

As far as I know from looking at all the available info, it seems like traits and motifs should impact on onyl the chance of getting a drop, not the content of the drop (how many vouchers). It should do that in theory, but in practise we have lots of experience saying the contrary, that if it even has an impact, it is atomically tiny at best.

If they were to change about the system, a good way would be to look at the content of the drops. Someone with little knowledge of motifs and traits would have a larger chance at getting a smaller master writ, for a set that required a basic motif with few traits. Whereas someone with a complete motif book and all traits would have a larger chance at a big writ from a rare motif with a 9 trait requirement.

That way there are small rewards for the beginners and dabblers, and larger rewards for the completionist and the true master crafter.

Anecdotal evidence: I have a complete motif book and trait research, and I have not pulled a master writ worth more than 6 vouchers despite doing all daily crafts every single day for more than 2 months since I came back to the game, and even before my break I can recall getting 1 larger drop around 50 or so vouchers. 1 largeish drop from more than half a year of daily writs (the rest of the time I was on hiatus), for a master crafter with full motif book and full trait research.
    Even the 5-6 voucher ones are sporadic at best.

I think your suggestion has merit, that they need to look at the content/type/amount of vouchers for the writ drops, and not only if you get a drop or no.
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To work towards something you must first understand exactly what you are working towards. The system seems vague and mysterious. This one she knows many motifs - though not the likes of the silken ring and the bouncing armchair of course - and is fully researched. Yet most days there is no master writ and this one is perhaps lucky to get one or two smaller ones a week.

When one purple MW envelope will now cost a very hefty 50 vouchers that is perhaps a good months worth of vouchers for some of us.

Also the rewards for alchemy, enchanting and provisioning are so poor compared to the other crafts.

Khajiit also knows these master writs are rewards for the top tier of crafting but perhaps to encourage travellers along the long journey of master craftsmanship there could be the potential for smaller versions of the master writs - perhaps with a maximum value of 10 vouchers?

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

I noticed that the more traits I knew and the more motifs I knew, the more likely I did get master writs and then started to get higher value master writs. It did not stop me from getting the lesser ones and yes I agree that alchemy and enchanting and even provisioning are dangerously low valued.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)