The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Feedback from someone who has done > 10,000 master writs

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    14 crafters :o. Your a machine
  • Diruuo
    Diruuo
    ✭✭
    Writ vouchers at at ~1k on PC (NA)?! They're at 400-450 on EU. I wonder why the massive divide.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better solution..only one character can get writs per account..up.the rng so everyone has ok chances and people who have a million characters can't exploit the situation.

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »
    Better solution..only one character can get writs per account..up.the rng so everyone has ok chances and people who have a million characters can't exploit the situation.

That's the strangest thing I've seen called an exploit in a while.
  • victoriana-blue
    victoriana-blue
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Alanar , can you double-check your spreadsheet formulas? I tested some rows and they don't add up for me, e.g.
    10. Blacksmithing: 468 + 48 + 114 + 2320 = 2950, 2950/5=590, not 476
    24. Medium: 454 + 24 + 51 + 444 + 1350 = 2323, 2323/18 = 129, not 100

So the spreadsheet is consistently underestimating the materials cost by ~20% and thereby overestimating both the profit per voucher and the target buying price per voucher. ETA: Target + mats cost is adding to 960, not 1050, which is also throwing your profit calculations off.

Unless I'm misreading something? It's entirely possible.
    Diruuo wrote: »
    Writ vouchers at at ~1k on PC (NA)?! They're at 400-450 on EU. I wonder why the massive divide.
    That's the gold price you'd sell an item for on a guild trader after you bought it from Rolis for vouchers, e.g. 50k gold for a 50-voucher animus stone. It includes both the cost of buying the writ and the cost of the mats to make it; obviously if you get writ drops yourself, the to-make cost is a lot smaller. :)

(Feel free to correct me, Alanar.)
    Edited by victoriana-blue on January 29, 2018 2:36AM
    CP 750+
    Never enough inventory space, even with storage coffers and a mule account
  • geng14159
    geng14159
    ✭✭✭

I don't understand why you think this is an exploit. The great thing about this game is that there are so many things for players to do. I like crafting and find it is the best way for me to contribute to the guilds I am in. Other people in my guild run the Undaunted dailies on multiple characters every day. And still others live in PVP and don't do anything else.

Just because you don't do the crafting writs daily on multiple characters doesn't mean someone else shouldn't be able to.
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exploit might be the wrong word..just using g all those characters the op said drops seem just right. Well of course when you use 14 characters it seems so..I use 1 and still haven't got a writ. But if they increase it..it will allow those using all those characters you get even more drops
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »
    I totally agree on the Vouchers that use Roe. Rewards are not worth the material investment. I don't think 40 Vouchers is enough. Heck, furniture that needs Roe does not get made.

Oddly enough, people buy these things, but I have not received a Roe requiring writ in months.

Which furniture calls for perfect roe?

@Armatesz

Pretty much all the Gold Furniture Recipes. Sort by the "Other" column in ingredients to see. So things like a Hanging Deer Carcass, of all things, or Echetere Antlers and other things that really make no sense as to why they need Roe

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Furnishing_Plans/all
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armatesz wrote: »
    I totally agree on the Vouchers that use Roe. Rewards are not worth the material investment. I don't think 40 Vouchers is enough. Heck, furniture that needs Roe does not get made.

Oddly enough, people buy these things, but I have not received a Roe requiring writ in months.

Which furniture calls for perfect roe?

@Armatesz

Pretty much all the Gold Furniture Recipes. Sort by the "Other" column in ingredients to see. So things like a Hanging Deer Carcass, of all things, or Echetere Antlers and other things that really make no sense as to why they need Roe

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Furnishing_Plans/all

Now I am wondering if there will be plans with aetherial dust. Been keeping mine for a bit.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alanar wrote: »
    SHK84Jw.png

It would be really nice if you included the cost of rare style stones as well. Celestial come to mind right off the top of my head.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe I've misunderstood the spreadsheet, but the number of vouchers per writ doesn't seem right to me.

Are they they average for each or those types, or just examples?

You see, I've never had a writ giving over 100 vouchers, but I have had legendary writs requiring nirn (and a trip to IC) that gave less. So if they are averages then I'm seriously unlucky and if they are examples then either they aren't representative... or I'm seriously unlucky :(
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Exploit might be the wrong word..just using g all those characters the op said drops seem just right. Well of course when you use 14 characters it seems so..I use 1 and still haven't got a writ. But if they increase it..it will allow those using all those characters you get even more drops

If you take the time to research traits and learn motifs (expensive or time-consuming, either way) on 14 characters, then I don't see any reason that all 14 of those characters couldn't benefit from master writs. There's still an investment to get all those characters that far. It's not like you learn it on one and those achievements are account bound, thus making any and all characters you have a master crafter. Can you imagine buying a full motif set of Bouyant Armiger BY FOURTEEN?
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off, Awesome for you for that information. Great stuff.

2nd, I looked a long time at your table and would like to know. Am I correct in my thoughts that each equipment tier represents a writ of base race (blue motif) and low tier (low research requirement) set? These multipliers, race, and set, can make things much more profitable if you already have the motif (and a lot less if you don't.) The set bonus multiplier actually costs you nothing and the race one is usually a very good deal as most race stones are cheap.

I was happy to see that my guesstimation math was pretty good. My mode of operation was to sell off 10 writ provisioning ones that have negative value and non-nirnhoned gold woodworking and blacksmithing ones. The clothing golds I often do if they are a good set and race but sell if basic. It looks like my guesses were not bad. Pity I have to sell some of the new set ones because I can't do them. They sell low and some are pretty profitable. I have noticed that sale prices / voucher vary much less with profitability than they should and are unsurprisingly quite effected by the initial acquisition cost of the motif in question.

For what it is worth I see the value of vouchers increasing significantly now with storage coffers. It is already better than doubled on basic alchemy and enchant ones. I had saved up a bunch of writs during the PTS time (54) and I am now in the process of trying to offload, for great profit, the ones that appeal to the poorly leveld crafting players who are scrambling. I expect that for the time being I will sell all enchanting and alchemy ones and most of the basic equipment ones and only do the ones that require traits, research, and motifs most can't do. Happily, those are the best ones anyway. I love me some equipment writs with Nirn, especially those ones of high trait count and rare non dlc motif.
    Edited by f047ys3v3n on February 19, 2018 7:37AM
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.
  • Yieley
    Yieley
    Carbonised wrote: »
    I usually get the "Craft an Orzorga's Smoked Bear Hunch".
    One Roe is ~11,5k on EU/PC right now. That's 4 crafts. (Assuming you just save the food until you get more of them).

10 voucher-reward / writ, places you at 40 writs vouchers / 11,5k gold cost.
    I'm not sure about the average writ price right now, but it doesn't seem that bad to me, tbf.

pzv5j7l.jpg

Uhm. The 10 voucher writs call for 8 pieces of food or drink, meaning you have to spend 2 roes to create them. Your math is completely off.

ACTUALLY it's ONLY 2 crafts IF you assigned the skill points to yield extra portions, because if you didn't... then you only get 1, or 2, or 3 food/drink items. i don't know why a crafter wouldn't assign those points, but I've seen stranger.
    Join the NAPS4 Homestead Guild :
    Tamriel Homeowner Council
    THC
    no invite needed to join page and view pics, and you can also request a kind invite to Th© guild here!
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that instead of giving the writs a sale price of 1000 - 2000 gold instead allow you to trade the writ into a vendor for a writ with a lower voucher yield. This would increase the chance that the crafter could craft the writ and want to craft the writ. ZOS could then analyze that data and make adjustments accordingly.

After a month of data;

ZOS analyst: "Oh, it appears that they didn't like the Mythic Aetherial Ambrosia master writ."
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos