The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Revert the synergy cooldown change

techprince
techprince
✭✭✭✭✭
Revert the synergy cool down change, keep the 20 seconds cd as it is. Optionally, add new synergies to the game. So many unused morphs of aoe abilities and ultimates, add synegies to them to make them viable.
Edited by techprince on January 22, 2018 1:47PM
  • Nox_Noir
    Nox_Noir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agree, now that they finally work properly, we are prohibited from using them as much cos of higher cooldown...
  • FlamingBeard
    FlamingBeard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was quite literally nothing overpowered about synergy cooldowns before, since we can barely interact with most synergies in the first place.

The cooldown increase to synergies is a direct nerf to groups who currently use synergies to fill gaps in their sustain (Shards/Orbs) or to increase group damage (Alkosh tanks).

It's one step forward and two steps back, balance-wise, as is usual with ZOS.

I seriously hope that it's thoroughly revised by the time it hits Live servers.
    Edited by FlamingBeard on January 22, 2018 1:45PM
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The cool down should be reverted. 30 seconds is far to long even on the sustain synergies especially since they now share the same cooldown.
  • Jeremiah87
    Jeremiah87
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. Synergies are well balanced the way they work at 20 second cool down and finally being able to use them properly won't break that balance.
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup. Keep synergies at 20 or add another resource returning synergy like orbs to the game.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The cooldown increase is stupid. Rather revert the change and add some synergy to path of darknes (NB shadow skill). That way, we would have new synergy for better alkosh uptime and magNBs would be much more popular and wanted in trial groups than they are now.
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    +1 agree

rip decibel
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. They should have reduced the cooldown not increased it.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Ashamray
    Ashamray
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, if someone near you press X button and share synergy, you receive a cooldown for this type of synegry preventing you from pressing X button by your own? Also preventing procc Undaunted passive 1? Is that correct that situation, when you NEVER able to use X button, possible?

p/s sorry for my English, but I can't explain my thought clearly enough.
    Edited by Ashamray on January 22, 2018 6:51PM
    Boadrig, EU PC

Very Balanced
    Battleground Beta Testers
    Cite's Legacy
    Colosseum

Imperial City frequenter
    Imperial City feedback and suggestions
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's be real - this nerf has nothing to do with synergies at all. This is just an attempt to get tanks to stop using Alkosh.
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bowser wrote: »
    Let's be real - this nerf has nothing to do with synergies at all. This is just an attempt to get tanks to stop using Alkosh.

Seems that way, doesn't it?

But ... why? So now we'll have an off-tank run something silly like Powerful Assault and NMG, and a couple of stam DPS will use Alkosh, and the end result is ... nothing changed?
  • Bowser
    Bowser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LiquidPony wrote: »
    Bowser wrote: »

Seems that way, doesn't it?

But ... why? So now we'll have an off-tank run something silly like Powerful Assault and NMG, and a couple of stam DPS will use Alkosh, and the end result is ... nothing changed?

They've been trying to get tanks out of Alkosh since Morrowind because that's the meta and is not allowed.
    Edited by Bowser on January 22, 2018 9:16PM
    @King-Koopa
    World First DK Tank Execute on Rakkhat HM
    Play how you want - no meta allowed!
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    50%increase in CD is a bit too much , 25% seems reasonable from 20 to 25 seconds.
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This entire change doesn't make any sense.

They broke synergies when thieves guild hit, orbs in particular, making them extremely hard to use.

Now they're finally fixing their game, and because of that the cooldown goes up?

I'm sorry, what?
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's awesome for ZOS to listen feedback . So many players were complaining about how strong synergies are . Good job !

/s