The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Best AP grind rotation

Didgerion
Didgerion
✭✭✭✭✭
Unfortunately there is not much PVP going on in Cirodiil right now - it is just an AP grind area for trains.

Here is the big two problems with the trains:
1. First of all there is no counter to trains.
2. And there is no AP reward for trying to fight those trains.

It just lets you without any options - either than join a train group yourself.

Why then won't each faction create a train - and AP farm Keeps in circle:
Clockwise on odd days and Counterclockwise on even days for example.
That would create a perfect AP grind area then.

I know it will be called exploiting - but what other option do we have to stop those trains and bring PvP back in Cirodiil?

Because right now Cirodiil is all about AP farming.

• Zinaroth
    Zinaroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you will find district grinding in Imperial City more effective then - if you're only looking for PvDoor action and AP gain. ;)
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trains are frustrating. More that they just unhealthy good enough players have way enough AP anyway and where's the run.

Like the AP boosting buddies on quiet campaigns on opposing factions.

People are odd. As you say tho, you can't hate the player, game needs to fix it.

At least aoe caps going, but let's buff Vic Death and Detonation back to what it was and let em burn
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    in2
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zinaroth wrote: »
    I think you will find district grinding in Imperial City more effective then - if you're only looking for PvDoor action and AP gain. ;)

Yeah but you need to buy it first.

I'm looking to PVP and I do it over and over and over, standing on the keep and trying to defend it. Loosing 3-4 keeps in a row due to being greatly over-numbered. I get 3k AP in 3 hours which is fine - I like PVPing and lousing is part of the deal.
    Until the next day when the opposite thing is happening - our faction outnumbers the other two this time and we get 4 keeps in a row. And my AP gain is 60k.
    The AP tick for conquering a keep is big - also there are few failed attempts of retaking the keep right after - which gives you several ticks for defending the keep as well.

And this is a problem 60k vs 3k.
    You just don't want to PVP with the outcome of 3k anymore. You'll seek ways to pvp with 60k gain - either by switching factions, or just logging in at a different time. And eventually you become a train too
    Edited by Didgerion on January 21, 2018 11:14AM
  • Loc2262
    Loc2262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    You just don't want to PVP with the outcome of 3k anymore. You'll seek ways to pvp with 60k gain - either by switching factions, or just logging in at a different time.

Very much this. Especially if, like me, you're a PvE player and (have to) PvP only to get Vigor and Caltrops for your stamina chars. :)
    Kind regards,
    Frank
    PC-EU, 12 chars, 900+CP
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This post is nonsense,

A true AP farm is just people flipping flags, and they have been banned for this.
    Edited by KingYogi415 on January 21, 2018 11:08AM
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loc2262 wrote: »
    You just don't want to PVP with the outcome of 3k anymore. You'll seek ways to pvp with 60k gain - either by switching factions, or just logging in at a different time.

Very much this. Especially if, like me, you're a PvE player and (have to) PvP only to get Vigor and Caltrops for your stamina chars. :)

And there is gold jewelry vendor too that sells jewelry for cheap (providing you play on the 60k gain wave and not on the 3k one)
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post is nonsense,

A true AP farm is just people flipping flags, and they have been banned for this.

Well you didn't catch the sarcasm then. As I don't really advocate to run circles for AP gain - I'm for a proper fix of Cirodiil.
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2farm issue.
    Dont know when i last had to actively farm ap for a skill.
    I think it Was when i got proxy det in 2016 in nonvet when skills required way more AP
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately there is not much PVP going on in Cirodiil right now - it is just an AP grind area for trains.

I know it will be called exploiting - but what other option do we have to stop those trains and bring PvP back in Cirodiil?

flip resources in ad back keeps endlessly until you have enough ap for what you want
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3k in a few hours? That to me says you are doing basically nothing. Go cap 2 resources and you will have that in 15 minutes.

Even on the losing side if you are attacking people and using siege (yes trainers die too) etc you should get WAY more.

And coordinating with another alliance some elaborate avoid each other pvdooring scenario is rediculous. That would never happen.

Its cyrodil. Go fight players, take thier resources and villages. Hit a keep if you have the numbers.

Pvp.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I prefer to play on a campaign where the faction numbers are more evenly balanced. I still have a few days when the early morning AD crew gets moving before EP actually gets organized, but more often than not I get on at a time where there's actual competitive PVP on the map and I can help capture keeps and have a few successful defenses.

If you are just looking for AP for Vigor and Caltrops, there's nothing wrong with joining a successful group of players or following your faction. In fact, the more inexperienced you are, you will be far more effective with your faction If you don't have the experience to play solo or small man, or you don't have the mindset to throw yourself at lost causes repeatedly for little AP gain, don't do it? You don't have to get farmed in Cyrodiil anymore than you have to stick with a failing PUG in PVE.

When I'm in PVP, I definitely make decisions about how I want to play based on how I'm feeling. Is this going to be a day when I stealth siege keeps and probably die horribly three times for every one time my faction shows up in sufficient numbers to capture the keep so I'm repeatedly wasting siege and banging my head into the wall? If that's what I want to do, there's nothing funner. Is this going to be a day I ride around the enemy backfield flipping resources solo to help out the campaign score and gain slow but steady AP? Is this a day when I'll try for keep takes or a day when I drop everything and run to defend when zone chat calls out that a raid showed up on our back keeps? Or is this a day when I'm tired of supporting my faction, the Chalman to Bleakers run is in full flood and I'm looking to do nothing more exciting that sit on top of Chalman's walls and slaughter all the DC who show up?

Some of those options give more AP than others, but on the right day, they are all a lot of fun for me. As a more experienced PVPer, AP isn't something I necessarily seek after (I've got 9.5 million AP sitting on one character, and that's low compared the some people), but its something that accumulates as I have fun and play the game.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »
    3k in a few hours? That to me says you are doing basically nothing. Go cap 2 resources and you will have that in 15 minutes.

Even on the losing side if you are attacking people and using siege (yes trainers die too) etc you should get WAY more.

And coordinating with another alliance some elaborate avoid each other pvdooring scenario is rediculous. That would never happen.

Its cyrodil. Go fight players, take thier resources and villages. Hit a keep if you have the numbers.

Pvp.

That's exactly what I felt, If you play defensive feels like you do nothing.

Flipping resources is an option but it is not quite PVP-ing.

And yeah siege and oils do nothing against train groups - they flag a keep and in 5 minutes it is theirs. Killing strugleres don't give much XP as they die often and XP you get is around 200 ish AP.

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So glad they are removing AoE caps. Now we finally have more options versus trains at our disposal again~
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Next patch winning or losing a BG will give you as much as flipping a keep—with less annoyance and horse-travel.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »
    Next patch winning or losing a BG will give you as much as flipping a keep—with less annoyance and horse-travel.

Now I'm wondering what happens if people decide to just throw matches to get them over as quickly as possible in order to get that AP quicker.
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS should raise the AP prices for everything to offset the inflated AP to offset AP cheaters.
  • exiars10
    exiars10
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't understand OP crying.

The main problems of Cyrodiil above all others and nothing is even close are infinite loading screens and lag!
    And then there is another elephant in the room - PvP addons and so on.
    Until that is fixed (never), what your average player (majority of players) like me can do? Of course you logically go with the easiest solution. Play how you want and stop saying others how to play when Cyrodiil is technically broken.
    Skoomah wrote: »
    ZOS should raise the AP prices for everything to offset the inflated AP to offset AP cheaters.
    So your solution is to punish even more legitimate players.
    Edited by exiars10 on January 22, 2018 8:48AM
    I don't play ESO since 15.06. because Cyrodiil is broken since Summerset (PvE isn't much better, too)...

Aldmeri Dominion (PC Europe via Steam)

The cowardly Wood Elves are best noted for their unwillingness to engage in a face-to-face attack; a Bosmer will strike at you from every side except the front. You won't cross swords with a Bosmer, but you might catch an arrow in the throat. Be wary in forests and jungles, and watch your back.
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not interested in GW2. Just play the damn game. The AP will come.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• coplannb16_ESO
    coplannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    inevitable detonation worked quiet good yesterday. will be even better next patch (removal of aoe caps and radius nerf on destro-ult).
    max level: mDK, stamBlade, stamSorc, magPlar, mDen, stamDen, magBlade, stamCro
    ESO+
    # of mules: 4 (FULL)
    maxed bank: FULL -_-
    Stop the grind! Get rid of stupid events and daily-quest gallore. Get rid of "have a chance of 1 in a million to get a piece of 1 in 30 to get a stupid motif or pet... wtf..."
    And at this point just remove all classes and have everyone choose their set of skills. then balance accordingly to skills always used vs. skills never used.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exiars10 wrote: »
    I really don't understand OP crying.

The main problems of Cyrodiil above all others and nothing is even close are infinite loading screens and lag!
    And then there is another elephant in the room - PvP addons and so on.
    Until that is fixed (never), what your average player (majority of players) like me can do? Of course you logically go with the easiest solution. Play how you want and stop saying others how to play when Cyrodiil is technically broken.

I get no infinite loading screens for few weeks now.

PVP addons is a problem for builds with strong opening that requires the element of surprise. It does not affect the majority of PVP players - and it is going addressed in the next patch.

Those trains groups create lot of lags.

I don't say others how to play, I'm just suggesting if PVP is all about AP gain then why won't each alliance create a train group and run circles? - and this is a sarcastic suggestion as I don't expect players to run circles - I expect ZOS to fix those train groups.
    And there are several ways to do fix it.
    One solution is to add ticks for failed keep defenses and attacks (same as in BG), this way the players will not be forced to join a greater force to gain some AP, they can just do their thing and gain AP while doing it.
    Other solution is to add some counters to those train groups (lets see how AOE cap removal will work next DLC).

The Cirodiil is mostly none enjoyable right now and those train formation is one of the main reasons.

Edited by Didgerion on January 22, 2018 9:12AM
  • Brumme
    Brumme
    ✭✭✭
    This post is nonsense,

how can you get banned for flipping flags ?
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m grinding out AP right now to get to 5 star(looong way to go)

But I did notice in the 30 day campaign the leader has 14mil AP in 20 days and I been playing everyday for 2-4 hours and only at 5mil AP. I don’t know what these people know that I don’t but do they sleep?
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But I did notice in the 30 day campaign the leader has 14mil AP in 20 days and I been playing everyday for 2-4 hours and only at 5mil AP. I don’t know what these people know that I don’t but do they sleep?

ye or share there account or if thats not the case than just simply morning cap/night cap with some guild mates

But op, with upcoming changes BGs will give a lot if you do 3-4 a day (even if you lose thats 40k AP which is a pretty big number)
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • IxSTALKERxI
    IxSTALKERxI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Huh?

Cyrodiil isn't all about AP gains... Cyrodiil is about pvp. I play pvp and kill everyone to have fun, I couldn't care less about the AP I earn, if I could give it all away to people I would lol.

'Trains' aren't about AP gains either... most are in it for the PvP.
    NA | PC | Aldmeri Dominion
    Laser Eyes AR 26 Arcanist | Stalker V AR 41 Warden | I Stalker I AR 42 NB | Stalkersaurus AR 31 Templar | Stalker Ill AR 31 Sorc | Nigel the Great of Blackwater
    Former Emperor x11 campaign cycles
    Venatus Officer | RIP RÁGE | YouTube Channel
  • rootimus
    rootimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

zSt8m8F.png

Oh, wait, you're serious?

zSt8m8F.pngzSt8m8F.png
    Even on the internet, clear communication is important; it can be the difference between "helping your Uncle Jack off a horse" and "helping your uncle jack off a horse"; the difference between "knowing your s***" and "knowing you're s***".
    Greybeards & Gals - Civilised, laid-back, mature gamers. Beards optional. |
  • Dr_Rektar
    Dr_Rektar
    ✭✭✭
    no counter? you need to learn some ingame mechanics than. Lesson one - rolldodge
    Engine guardian - best set ever
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »

Now I'm wondering what happens if people decide to just throw matches to get them over as quickly as possible in order to get that AP quicker.

Report them, just as you would for keep flipping. Then watch the forums erupt with the usual “I’m innocent!!!” ban wave defense force.
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

No CP campaign is usually waaaaaay lower for top spot. But you can’t rely on CP crutches, though.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brumme wrote: »
    This post is nonsense,

how can you get banned for flipping flags ?

When you and your buddies join up with a guy and his buddies from a different faction and you all go to a resource/outpost together and have a really fun night of shooting the breeze that just so happens to involve your group sitting on the flag and getting AP and then their group sitting on the flag and getting AP and then seeing how many times you can swap places without having to fight anyone other than the resources guards...

More specifically, during the double AP week when ZOS made every campaign no CP and when one of the AD back resources at either Bloodmayne or Black Boot (I can't remember which) gave extra AP, people went to an outpost or that resource and traded the resource for AP taking turns flipping the flags with no combat.

There's a big difference between a raid PvDooring a back keep capturing the keep and heading off to the next keep without fighting (the AP train the OP seems to be describing, but also behavior that might have very little to do with AP and everything to do with cutting off an enemy force depending on how the map looks at the time) and groups cooperating to trade AP O-ticks with no fighting between flipping flags.