The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Voice Chat glitch

MizRagnarok
MizRagnarok
✭✭
XBOX ONE - NA - Chat regularly disappears when trying to join. Chat also periodically will kick me out when traveling between zones. But by far the most common issue me and my guild mates run into is chats disappearing when trying to join. It happens the most when I join a group then try to switch back to guild chat. If there is anyway to make the chat not auto switch when I join a group that would be great! It's by far the most annoying feature in this game!
Edited by MizRagnarok on January 19, 2018 4:23AM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yup it's happening every day now.
  • MizRagnarok
    MizRagnarok
    ✭✭
    It's seriously so broke I can't join an chat anymore.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happened today when I was about to join PvP with my guild and I had to re log to get it back
  • MizRagnarok
    MizRagnarok
    ✭✭
    Updated with more info
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no answer from ZOS on this or my report or any other thread on this topic.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still no answer from ZOS on this or my report or any other thread on this topic.

I have a thread that was made about this a couple months ago that has not been given any feedback as well. If this isn't fixed in the Dragon Bones patch we need to let them know it's unacceptable.
  • uzbachchi
    uzbachchi
    ✭✭✭
    Can confirm this is happening on PS4 NA as well. Plus sometimes there is a really annoying echo that increases as more people join a group (as they would for trials). Switching chats gets rid of it temporarily but it again starts echoing as more people join the chat lobby.
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The echo is simply someone who has their audio up too loud and it's being picked up by their microphone. That's user error.

The broken system (involuntarily changing our channel to group, dropping group chat when changing zones, and channels disappearing) is developer error that they won't even acknowledge and seem to have no intention of ever fixing.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chat disappearing totally ****** my PvP guild last night. Some people were losing group chat some people were losing the guild channels, multiple people had to re-log. We have problems with this EVERY SINGLE NIGHT. Plssss please please tell me this is going to get fixed in Dragons Bones @ZOS_GinaBruno We can't live like this anymore.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same, PS4 NA, got the when changing zones, would have to rejoin every time, gets old, we have just started using PS$ chat, more reliable. Its a shame, someone joins and rather than just talking you have to invite but its better than having a conversation and then realize you're talking to yourself.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Same, PS4 NA, got the when changing zones, would have to rejoin every time, gets old, we have just started using PS$ chat, more reliable. Its a shame, someone joins and rather than just talking you have to invite but its better than having a conversation and then realize you're talking to yourself.

Already had to re-log twice today to fix it. My guilds just don't wana do Xbox party chat so I keep having to re-log.
  • Jolter
    Jolter
    ✭✭✭
    Group chat regularly drops when changing instances. This has been a problem for a long time. The chat channel dropping was fixed awhile ago and became broken again when Clockwork DLC came out. A couple workarounds until ZOS gets it fixed is to wait to switch chats until everything is loaded, otherwise each chat you click on will disappear. Also a quick restart of the game will bring all the chats back.

I would also like for chat not to send us to group chat when forming or joining a group. It's very annoying to be talking in guild chat then get cut off mid-sentence because someone accepted my group invite.
  • mikemacon
    mikemacon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is getting ridiculous.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mikemacon wrote: »
    This is getting ridiculous.

I ended up having to re-log 4 times yesterday for this specific issue alone in a play session that lasted all of a few hours. When will this at least even be acknowledged by ZoS?
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Has also happened to me. Ive lost group chat and zone chat at the same time multiple times. The only way to fix I log out and then back in. Can be quite frustrating from time to time like when in the middle of a trial run.
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • uzbachchi
    uzbachchi
    ✭✭✭
    The echo is simply someone who has their audio up too .

No, we tested for that. The echo would get worse the more people joined, no matter what order they joined in.
  • NoxCaelo
    NoxCaelo
    Soul Shriven
    Yup has been happening daily on Xbox one EU too for over a month now, normally when in guild chat and then join a group. The chat options just disappear. Have to close game down and relog everytime. Getting incredibly annoying now
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something that I have been doing that had been successful. When I join a group or need to switch guild chat channels I zone first. This has prevented the issue since I started doing this. The other thing I noticed is that if I change channels quickly I will almost always loose a chat channel.

Still needs to be fixed but I hope this is helpful to some poeple.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So after making a thread in the General Discussion area asking if they acknowledged the issue I did receive a message from someone at ZoS asking me about it. They noted that I hadn't emailed support for the issue, ( I had not yet at the time for obvious reasons concerning how support troubleshooting works in this game), so i did finally submit a ticket and will see what they say. Judging on how I was approached on this however it doesn't seem that they have even attempted to replicate it in-game yet which means that we will definitely not be getting a fix in the Dragon Bones patch. I will be following up with this ZoS employee regularly on this issue through messages once I exhaust all trouble-shoot options that support gives me.

Since lately it seems that they are waiting to fix most bugs til quarterly updates now does this mean that we might have to wait til the summer chapter to get a fix? This would be totally unacceptable. When you have to soft-reset to fix this while in Cyrodiil you have to re-queue for campaign and on Xbox NA where the PvP population is very strong this can mean waiting a whole hour to get back into the campaign. We need to stay on them about this issue and let them know that this needs to be fixed as soon as possible. This is game-breaking at times depending on the activity you are doing and not a day goes by where I don't have to re-log at some point because of this issue.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never even got a support ticket number emailed back to me LOL. They just completely ignored it so I'm gonna make another one.
  • tt_rs3
    tt_rs3
    Bump

Chat disapears regualary when switching between guild and group chat

PS4
    Edited by tt_rs3 on January 29, 2018 4:29PM
  • CrazyWolf712
    CrazyWolf712
    ✭✭✭
    I’m reopening this forum. This week, my guild was doing a PvP run for dailies. Communication is very important for group PvP. Before going into the campaign, multiple people commented that their group/guild chats have disappeared. So we made an Xbox party instead. About an hour into our run, Xbox party disconnects everyone and continues to do so for the next 20 minutes. The chats were still not working for a majority of our members and caused our group of 10 to wipe on just two guys because we couldn’t tell them we were moving on.

With Xbox parties being unstable for larger groups, game chats can’t be broken as well if you’re trying to run a guild. Please find a solution. Thank you!

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This has been going on for over five months. How have we not got even a public response from anyone on ZOS for this issue?

No bug in any video game should ever go on for FIVE MONTHS without being fixed. If something is broken for five months it's actively being ignored or you guys just can't fix it. If you can't fix it, how about admitting it to us so we aren't coming back to these threads like a bunch of idiots asking for something that will never happen

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Edited by Apache_Kid on April 13, 2018 1:49PM
  • GaM3rGA1
    GaM3rGA1
    ✭✭
    Im having the same issue as well. No voice sounds and it disappears. Have done everything possible to try and fix the issue but nothing has worked.
  • Mugahumpftamumpf
    Mugahumpftamumpf
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same problem and it’s ruining the game for me. It randomly freezes chat channels and the only way to reset it is to close the application and reload. It means I can do trials as I get kicked; so it’s ruined the end game in effect. I can’t pvp group. I can’t even be Involved in auctions as halfway through the bidding the stuffing mic drops out.
    I’ve tried every setting on the PS4, changed every option and port settings on the router. This is the only game I have any issue with, so it MUST be software related. Also, I know the mic works as it connects for about five minutes before it drops out.
    It’s ruined my experience after several years enjoying ESO. I logged several support tickets back last year and nothing was ever resolved.
    Can and will anything ever be done about this?
    Voice chat is essential to the online experience, without it, this game loses a massive amount of enjoyment.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/profile/ZOS_GinaBruno
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/profile/ZOS_JessicaFolsom