Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Best way to make gold nowadays?

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CHange your name, put on a skirt, and type in /zone ..

you know what, never mind.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    FlyLeaf30 wrote: »
    Here's my problem with making gold for myself. I'm an eso hoarder. if I farm, I want to keep all the mats and things I get from mats to myself because I'm a crafter and with that being said I like to keep all unlearned motifs to myself, no matter how expensive they are. (I still have a long way to go btw) I use to flip items a lot but I have been "out of the game" so long Ive forgotten the value of many items so, I would have to relearn all this.
    If I were to "grind gold" where would I go? please don't say farming mats because I love to keep all that stuff for my greedy little self.

Pickpocket and rob lock homes. At max. Legerdemain level you can fence 140 items and launder 140 items per day and there is a passive that increase the percentage of gold you get from fencing items. I do this all the time as one way to make gold.
    Edited by Darkestnght on January 17, 2018 6:41PM
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    go to a zone that has a popular set and go farming. I do this quite often. i get mats and usually find several chests and often get a few pieces to sell every run. also kill mobs as they will sometimes drop set pieces as well.
    and dont forget to look in containers. they can have nice things too.
    Edited by phileunderx2 on January 17, 2018 6:41PM
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    Well, Thiis is what i learned so far

1. To keep up with min in big trade guild is to flip items, travel around tamirel and visit all the smaller traderguildstore

2. To earn fast gold every day, is to crate a new char, and make him farm NPC

3. To earn big gold, is to hunt for high-end sets that aint bound by pickup

4. Slowly collect Writs

5 Play the game, have fun and dont stress about it

6. If you really want to stress about it, then farm mats witch is really boring
    Maker of Drama & Lover of Roleplay
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do a CoS/RoM/FH/BRF motif farm.
  • Nihility42
    Nihility42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buy things for x gold, sell for 2x gold.
  • Diminish
    Diminish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    Do a CoS/RoM/FH/BRF motif farm.

This by far right now. If you have a competent group, you can make a good chunk of change in a few hours of farming. I sell Bloodroot Forge motifs which is a guaranteed drop on vet for 35k/each within hours of getting them. Silken Ring sell all day at 50-60k each.
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Buy low , sell high .
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who fishes( for achieve mostly) i can tell you fishing is not a good way to make gold. There are some suggestions here... and some i think are a bit overly optimistic with what kind of results you get. In all honesty, most people arent going to tell you their most effective ways to make gold if that way involves people adding to the competition. I also found farming what everyone else farms, to be less productive, IE motifs. All it does is flood the market.

For example, i wouldnt tell you, "farming the midden under Eldon root makes bank" if it really did. Tomorrow there would be 30 people trying to farm it and "get rich quick" Stick to things you know:

1) Writs are a good steady source of income, though limited. It also, as many forget to point out, requires you to have materials to do said writs. This may or may not be an issue for you. It is for me sometimes, if i dont keep up on collecting and deconstructing.

2) Thieving and picking are a good but fairly limited source of income. With good skills you should be able to fence at least 15k a day per character without spending a lot of time on. Probably8-10k if you fence whites as well.

3) Gathering material doesnt really have a max if you can move the stuff. But it can be time consuming. Many of the high density spots are farmed pretty heavily typically.

Personally, i use a variety of methods to make gold. But i dont spend a lot of gold either, so i dont need to make 50-100k a day like some people. I probably average 15-25k a day in 3-4 hours of play while doing other stuff and mixing gold making in. For example, ill never run by a node that needs to be farmed and i tend to run many places rather than port around. You would be surprised the treasures you find when you take a little time to stop and pick the roses and peak inside that knapsack sitting by that skeleton.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Best way will become the worst one overnight if listed here.

people like you ruin games.
    Edited by Twenty0zTsunami on February 6, 2018 3:56AM
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Flipping and gathering
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another good advice - don't spend your gold on bulsht items. I've spent a lot of gold on gear which i refused to use almost instantly ) So buy stuff smart. Use PTS for testing before you buy anything expensive.
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    I steal for gold usually. I have three areas that I farm regularly and have just over 100K to go until I achieve Black Market Mogul. I paid almost three quarters of the 700K cost of my primary home with gold from fencing stuff. I fenced almost 37K worth of items I stole just yesterday and still hadn't reached my limit. It is rather time consuming, but I enjoy being a thief and since I can't do much in PvP right now (thanks LAG!!), I might as well make some money and get that achievement and purple dye.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pink_E_808 wrote: »
    I steal for gold usually. I have three areas that I farm regularly and have just over 100K to go until I achieve Black Market Mogul. I paid almost three quarters of the 700K cost of my primary home with gold from fencing stuff. I fenced almost 37K worth of items I stole just yesterday and still hadn't reached my limit. It is rather time consuming, but I enjoy being a thief and since I can't do much in PvP right now (thanks LAG!!), I might as well make some money and get that achievement and purple dye.

I finished this achievement not too long ago and it is a great way to make gold and I never stole before. Steal in Vvardenfell so those most it’s drop and sell only purple blues and greens was making 50-80k a day just doing this and it shocked me how much gold you make. Also save the white items and hand in the crows quest with them for a chance at a cwc motifs. It adds up fast about 15-20k from stealing 2 Vvardenfell motifs and maybe 1 cwc altogether takes about an hour
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I finished this achievement not too long ago and it is a great way to make gold and I never stole before. Steal in Vvardenfell so those most it’s drop and sell only purple blues and greens was making 50-80k a day just doing this and it shocked me how much gold you make. Also save the white items and hand in the crows quest with them for a chance at a cwc motifs. It adds up fast about 15-20k from stealing 2 Vvardenfell motifs and maybe 1 cwc altogether takes about an hour

What Crows quest
  • Brumme
    Brumme
    ✭✭✭
    i make about 1,7 mill pr week , by selling matz and motif from vvardenfell
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's actually scary how effective dancing for people can be. Seriously, you can actually make decent money if you're good at it.

Otherwise mat farming is pretty consistent.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    selling motifs, tempers, and anything you find....alkahest got me 200k from vendoring it
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mithalarin wrote: »
    You say you're a craft person, and you don't like to sell your mats, sooooo....

Farm mats, and do your crafting writs on 14 chars every day!

54.6k Gold from the writ turn in per day (650 Gold x 14 chars x 6 crafts), and you get gold tempers, survey maps, parts for making glass armor motifs, ornate/intricate weapons and armor, etc....

You get to craft, you don't have to sell mats, and you make gold...

And most importantly, for the next update, you get Master Craft Writs that will allow you to buy items for your home that increase your storage limit!

You can also buy the gold Ebony Armor motif, attunable crafting stations, etc... with the currency you get from Master Craft Writ rewards which can all be sold or used for your own benefit.

i don't even want to think how long those writs take or how long it took to level all those crafts...too much time
  • Cpt_Teemo
    Cpt_Teemo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dupe, Bot
  • carlos424
    carlos424
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get the treasure hunter passive. Do a bit of research to see what gear is in demand. Go to that zone and map out a treasure chest route (youtube has many videos for this). Make sure to have plenty of lockpicks and inventory space. Farm treasure chests. You get 116 gold/chest plus loot inside. With a good route, and not too many farmers, you can easily get 100 chests/hour. Most stuff will be junk, but you will also get a decent amount of items to sell in guild store. You can sell junk to vendor, or deconstruct. Deconstructing all junk items is a very quick way to level crafting on characters which will allow you to do master writs. You also get mats this way.
  • hmsdragonfly
    hmsdragonfly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tasear wrote: »
    Could sell instant queue for healer as tank. Sell position in vDSA. Skyreach runs. Sell protection for imperial City when tel var is needed for housing.

Hmmm thanks for the idea!
    Aldmeri Dominion Loyalist. For the Queen!
  • SquareSausage
    SquareSausage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How are you making up to 80k a day fencing, is this over multiple chars? My average from fencing max 140 on 1 char per day by selling greens and above is 20-30k depending on ratio of blue and purple to green.
    Edited by SquareSausage on February 6, 2018 8:00PM
    Breakfast King
    PS4 EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How are you making up to 80k a day fencing, is this over multiple chars? My average from fencing max 140 on 1 char per day by selling greens and above is 20-30k depending on ratio of blue and purple to green.

They're including items sold to players. Specifically motifs.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's only so many possibilities.

First there's:
    Non-Player Interactions that make gold, and
    Player interactions that make gold

Player interactions that make gold (outside of say guilds and raffles, gambling, black market etc) is selling items

Non-Player Interactions vary on time vs gold rewards. Unless there is mob grind location with gold drop vs gear damage done that I dunno about, the best methods are:

Daily Writs, my math (not extensively done) is that 4 characters, 2 max, 2 min is the best time and material vs gold reward ratio I've found. Easy to farm the necessary mats and do all writs within an hour. Making 14 k gold everyday

Stealing, 15k (results vary of course) within an hour (usually 1.6k per 6 min for 40 min to do 140 items)

Cyrodiil Daily Town Quests, Bruma, Cropsford Chey - can be done in as little as 20 min each netting approx 7k gold per town

Of course these activities can provide items that can also be sold (writs, gold items, motifs, etc) but those are not guaranteed money so I don't include them in my calculations (but do add a hefty amount of items that can be liquidated at any time)

This is a daily routine of approximately 50k within 2 hours without human interaction.
    Edited by Waffennacht on February 6, 2018 8:18PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Theodorus
    Theodorus
    ✭✭✭
    @skyper sell your body, if done right can fetch a good price >:3

Maybe, if I sold it by the pound...

Walking Dead survival tip ... just run faster than Otis
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Didgerion wrote: »
    Best way will become the worst one overnight if listed here.

people like you ruin games.

So lets say you found an awesome spot to farm mobs, the mobs drop something valuable. You could just stay here all day and farm them, making 50k-60k an hour. Tell someone else about the spot and you're now making 30k-40k an hour, he tells a friend 15k-20k, they tell their friends...Some things only work if you're not sharing.

If for instance I told everyone where I go to steal my daily 140 items, it wouldn't be an effective rout anymore and I'd have to find someplace new to go thieving.

Some of the best places to farm for gold/exp/gear/mats are only good because nobody else goes there. There are places with better density, better layout, better potential gain per hour, but there are constantly other players there who you have to share/compete with, making it extremely inefficient. They're great, at 2-3am when nobody is there, but any other time of day they are a complete waste of time.

Too many people trying to make money doing the exact same thing is not typically going to work out and if it does, then it will end up getting nerfed for over performing.

People shared lots of good ways to make money in this thread but the best ways are something you won't see people share as readily.
    Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »

What Crows quest

Daily quest in cwc that a crow ask you to gather shinny things like cooking stuff or toys. u can save ur white stolen items and use them to turn in everyday for a chance at a motif.

You can’t just look at the items you sell to fence but also the motifs you get. In 1 hour of stealing in Vvardenfell I can get 2 that’s 40k in the guild store on top of the 15-20k you get from fence. Then if you save the white items and do the cwc daily with the crow you can get another motif page that’s worth another 20k.
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    Thx guys, but have stopped caring that mutch

Many good advice but most are very time cunsuming, so have dicided that i will just enjoy the game and do PvX and when i need gold i simply do some farming for sets and mats in a certian zone

But Thank you all
    Maker of Drama & Lover of Roleplay
  • Aristocles22
    Aristocles22
    ✭✭✭
    Sell motifs and high-value items (usually part of a useful set like Briarheart) which can be farmed. Do dailies for the motifs, then ask for a price check if you don't have MM. Sell it over chat and you can make up to 100k a day from motifs alone, possibly more if you find something people really want.
    Edited by Aristocles22 on June 12, 2019 9:26AM