Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Best way to make gold nowadays?

Reedx
Reedx
✭✭✭
So i have been a long time awey from eso, and just returned, and my gold purse feels kinda empty and i need to fill it up a bit, so was wondering what is the best way to make gold nowadays, because back when i played alot, the best way was to grind fishing and make exp boosts, is it still the best way or is it somethings els i should grin for now ?
Maker of Drama & Lover of Roleplay
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Selling skooma.
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    so i should turn to the wrong side of the law then ?, dont know if i wana take the risk tho
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best way will become the worst one overnight if listed here.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything which earns you good motif pages to sell (dailies, stealing, veteran DLC dungeons).

Selling tempers.

Selling BiS equipment.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Dunnn
    Dunnn
    ✭✭✭
    Farming mats has always been a tried and trusted way of earning gold, although it can be a lengthy process.
    Swims-In-Coffee [Argonian Stamblade EP]
    D'ar Nomad [Khajit Stamblade EP]
    Pepe Sillvia [Wood Elf Stamblade EP]
    Trips-Over-Tail [Argonian Crafter! EP]
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Farming vet hm dlc dungeons is great if you have good team mates. Especially if you're able to do a 3-dps + tank run.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Offering lap dances for gold as a cute fat orc guy seems to work well
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    I see, so either go for the old way and farm mats, or do new dlc end-game content

Thx
  • Dunnn
    Dunnn
    ✭✭✭
    Skyper wrote: »
    I see, so either go for the old way and farm mats, or do new dlc end-game content

Thx

It's not great, I know... But it's a guaranteed investment of your time :)
    Swims-In-Coffee [Argonian Stamblade EP]
    D'ar Nomad [Khajit Stamblade EP]
    Pepe Sillvia [Wood Elf Stamblade EP]
    Trips-Over-Tail [Argonian Crafter! EP]
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thx

Mat farming (running around a zone at max speed with farming gear) is a lot more efficient than motif farming. You can make between 50-100k/hour depending on how good you are (you can make even more on console due to inflation.

Another option is grinding Imperial mobs in public dungeons. That should earn you around 50k/hour.

Best method is flipping items. Buy up underpriced items and then re-sell them at market value.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 17, 2018 9:54AM
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭

Thx

Mat farming (running around a zone at max speed with farming gear) is a lot more efficient than motif farming. You can make between 50-100k/hour depending on how good you are (you can make even more on console due to inflation.

Another option is grinding Imperial mobs in public dungeons. That should earn you around 50k/hour.

Best method is flipping items. Buy up underpriced items and then re-sell them at market value.

Thx mate, what is the best zone for farming? ( a zone with alot of mats, easy mobs, few players)
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slaughtering Hadran's Caravan in Reaper's March.
    If you don't mind a character having 100s of 1000s worth of bounty.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • Cloudless
    Cloudless
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    c5fb4b9d0e2690e7c8085b619f8c9161-d8kicdf.jpg
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    Awesome, who made this ?
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sell stuff
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thx

30k + every 15 mins with motifs
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could sell instant queue for healer as tank. Sell position in vDSA. Skyreach runs. Sell protection for imperial City when tel var is needed for housing.
  • FlyLeaf30
    FlyLeaf30
    ✭✭✭
    Here's my problem with making gold for myself. I'm an eso hoarder. if I farm, I want to keep all the mats and things I get from mats to myself because I'm a crafter and with that being said I like to keep all unlearned motifs to myself, no matter how expensive they are. (I still have a long way to go btw) I use to flip items a lot but I have been "out of the game" so long Ive forgotten the value of many items so, I would have to relearn all this.
    If I were to "grind gold" where would I go? please don't say farming mats because I love to keep all that stuff for my greedy little self.
    Guildmaster of Aldmeri Elite (PVE) and Tamriel Trade Center (Trading)Master Adventurer (main) Kilara Delecour
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have much time to play these days, and when I do it's mostly PVP. So they way I have come to make money is, buy jewelry at the Golden Vendor, sell in guild stores. I need to go rather low in price, of course. And generally, there's not very good jewelry either. So only now and then is it really worth the effort.
    Sometimes I buy elite gear weapons with AP too, and sell in guild stores. I craft when I have time to, and sell the master writs, if they are like high voucher ones.

It doesn't really make much money, but at least enough for set items, wax, tempers and kutas when I want to try new stuff out.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Is that from selling stuff you get off them, or is that in actual cash gathered off them and vendor trash? Like will this work for someone who doesn't have a trade guild?
  • Kevin_of_Devinshire
    Starting off, stealing. In the long run, crafting writs and stealing.
  • drkfrontiers
    drkfrontiers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starting off, stealing. In the long run, crafting writs and stealing.

And after that "crafting writs and stealing & killing and stealing!"

LOL
    "One must still have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting health damage poison and selling it to merchants earns you lots of gold, but it requires you to possess plants obviously. If you don't want to farm them or buy them, you can buy them with tel var stones.

Which brings us to another great source: Selling Hakeijo never gets old.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1) Stealing, pickpocket them twice and kill them the last time.....(I have no soul remember), Steal from houses, containers etc, always keep the green, blue and purple, throw away the white...selling item limit resets everyday, so knock yourself out...

2) Selling items and gear set pieces in guild store, you might not need it...but someone else might...some can be sold at a good price.

3) Farming Mats, selling these in guild store they go quite quickly. Also if have all the passive points in crafting, when refining the chance to sell unwanted upgrade mats as well..

4) Public dungeons, humanoid adds drop more gold than in overland or delves, farming one of these might get you a few extra pennies. Also selling dropped mindless gear to a merchant can get you some dosh as well.

5)Crafting, not everyone has crafting maxed out....selling popular set pieces and weapons can work as well. (Don't equip it as will bind it to your account...I've done that one before -hangs head in shame-)
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • TheCyberDruid
    TheCyberDruid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chaos2088 wrote: »
    4) Public dungeons, humanoid adds drop more gold than in overland or delves, farming one of these might get you a few extra pennies. Also selling dropped mindless gear to a merchant can get you some dosh as well.

Some also drop motifs which adds a nice bonus on top of that.
  • Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    Fang_of_Lorkhaj
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're good at something you never tell/say/do it for free. :)
  • Lunstagramer

Be friend with the gamemasters. B)
  • Mithalarin
    You say you're a craft person, and you don't like to sell your mats, sooooo....

Farm mats, and do your crafting writs on 14 chars every day!

54.6k Gold from the writ turn in per day (650 Gold x 14 chars x 6 crafts), and you get gold tempers, survey maps, parts for making glass armor motifs, ornate/intricate weapons and armor, etc....

You get to craft, you don't have to sell mats, and you make gold...

And most importantly, for the next update, you get Master Craft Writs that will allow you to buy items for your home that increase your storage limit!

You can also buy the gold Ebony Armor motif, attunable crafting stations, etc... with the currency you get from Master Craft Writ rewards which can all be sold or used for your own benefit.
  • FrozenSlayer
    Turelus wrote: »
    Anything which earns you good motif pages to sell (dailies, stealing, veteran DLC dungeons).

Selling tempers.

Selling BiS equipment.

When i first read this....i read your second item as "Selling TEMPLARS" and i was like whoops.....but maybe...?????
    Platform/Server: Xbox One/NA
    GT: Fr0z3nSl4y3r
    Daggerfall Covenant
    8+Trait Crafter/Avid Adventurer
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @skyper sell your body, if done right can fetch a good price >:3