Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Activity finder for trials and dragonstar arena for those who just want a pug group

akl77
akl77
✭✭✭✭✭
Having to go Craglorn and shout lfg for pug trial or dsa is a pain, can we please have an activity finder for us that just wanna pug a VAA, vhrc, vdsa etc.
Grouping shouldn’t be such a pain, look at final fantasy online, it’s not so tedious getting in a group.
Yes dungeons and battlegrounds have activity finder grouping, but I’ve done dungeons over 3000 times, sometimes we just want a pug trial or dsa.

Edited by akl77 on January 17, 2018 3:34AM
Pc na

Activity finder for trials and dragonstar arena for those who just want a pug group 224 votes

Yes please
82%
DioraSilentDauntOsteosCipherNineAndy22MadyNemesis7884linkbsb16_ESOHrogunpdebie64b16_ESOkillimandrosb16_ESOdjsnow23skoomatraitMitrengaM0bideathcoyrwb17_ESOgiinoz2011rwb17_ESOJRCandeiasclocksstoppeAektann 184 votes
No
16%
GreeviritsfatbassDestruentninibiniidkJoker99starkerealmAzraelKriegxSkullfoxHuyenFlaminirbitelsDubhliamAlcastLarianaMilwaukeeScottLadyNalcaryaMattT1988Marabornwingrionsilhouette187 36 votes
Other
1%
chorkpoplolo_01b16_ESONeyaneexiars10 4 votes
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    vDSA should absolutely have an activity finder.

They can go ahead and add one for trials too, but vet trials with PUGs will almost certainly fail 99% of the time. Since this game doesn't have voice comms, there is no way to communicate with a PUG (at least on PC).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 17, 2018 4:01AM
  • akl77
    akl77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    vDSA should absolutely have an activity finder.

They can go ahead and add one for trials too, but vet trials with PUGs will almost certainly fail 99% of the time. Since this game doesn't have voice comms, there is no way to communicate with a PUG (at least on PC).

I pug vet trials all the time, at least for vaa and vhrc they hardly ever fail in pug groups.
    PS4 has voice comms, so we don’t have any problems.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom would you please consider adding activity finder for those who want to pug vdsa and trials, cos shouting in zone for lfg is kinda silly, ff14 wasn’t like this for trials.
    Pc na
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Please fix the current activity finder before adding another one.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on January 17, 2018 6:00AM
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please
    I’m a glutton for punishment, so I’d probably try it. I seriously doubt you make it through vet though. There’s a big difference pugging zone chat and your trials guilds.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I’m a glutton for punishment, so I’d probably try it. I seriously doubt you make it through vet though. There’s a big difference pugging zone chat and your trials guilds.

I'll take OPs word that he's completed them before. Voice comms make a huge difference. I really wish PC had them.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 22, 2018 7:35PM
  • deathcoyrwb17_ESO
    Yes please
    A dungeon finder for veteran Trials/DSA gonna be hell and a lot of tears but im still up for it provided ZOS includes more filtering options and tools otherwise we'll see a lot of fake tanks/healers, 690CP with 5k dps and other shenanigans. Seriously any cat and dog will queue in DF if they can hit the queue button so we need a way to make sure they're prepared before queueing.
  • Fingolfinn01
    Fingolfinn01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    I voted yes. Though I think it would hve to be nerfed.
    PC-NA
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    It would end up being a complete mess. First of all the dungeon finder barely manages four players, so twelve would probably crash the servers. Secondly running trials without a clear leader doesn't work and a dungeon finder group has no real leader, so everyone just does whatever he wants, this kind of works for dungeons but no chance in trials. A lot of players have never done veteran trials, so the chance of getting a group that mostly has no clue what they are doing is high and I bet 95% of groups would disband quickly as they just stay no chance of completion.
    Edited by FakeFox on January 17, 2018 9:29AM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • DanielWinterborn
    DanielWinterborn
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    FakeFox wrote: »
    It would end up being a complete mess. First of all the dungeon finder barely manages four players, so twelve would probably crash the servers. Secondly running trials without a clear leader doesn't work and a dungeon finder group has no real leader, so everyone just does whatever he wants, this kind of works for dungeons but no chance in trials. A lot of players have never done veteran trials, so the chance of getting a group that mostly has no clue what they are doing is high and I bet 95% of groups would disband quickly as they just stay no chance of completion.

Nobody knew dungeons either at the start, look at them now. People learn, that's what they do.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    FakeFox wrote: »

Nobody knew dungeons either at the start, look at them now. People learn, that's what they do.

Yeah, but you just cant compare dungeons to trials in difficulty. You can beat pretty much every veteran dungeon without knowing what you do, not having proper gear or rotation. I would say the majority of players are able to beat non DLC dungeons on veteran, for trails they majority isn't able to I'm pretty sure. And that's not because they don't know the tactics, but because they don't even know their own character well enough to begin with. You just won't beat a veteran trial with a average DPS of 10k, just not going to happen.

Random groups barely beat DLC dungeons and they are a joke compared to trials.
    Edited by FakeFox on January 17, 2018 9:45AM
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please
    I forgot to mention, my guild just did a nekkid triple crown Run Monday. 3 normal craglorn Trials. Allowed jewelry, weapons and boots. It was a little rough on the tank, but we smashed em out alright. So, at least a normal option should work?
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    yes for vDSA,no for trials
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes please
    One more option is not an bad idea
  • Ilithyania
    Ilithyania
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    yes plz
    PC
  • ghwaite
    ghwaite
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    vDSA yes and maybe normal trials?

Vet Trails would just end up in constant fail runs.
    Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.
  • OmniDo
    OmniDo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Blizzard tried this in WoW.
    In the beginning, it was a spectacular wreck, wrought with massive amounts of epic /failure and loads of casual mediocrity.
    Blizzard later added a stacking raid-wide damage and stat buff for each successive wipe, ensuring inevitable victory after enough contiguous failure.
    It was great for experiencing content but horrible for execution, so the snowflake rewards were reduced to garbage by comparison to regular Looking-for-group tools or regular manual grouping.

Then again, Blizzard also had cumulative item-level assessment and filtering, which greatly helped to weed out the potential liabilities of undergeared players.
    Z0$ has nothing like that and it's doubtful they ever will, since they won't even include a group combat log due to the possibility of player stratification and segregation.
  • Cage_Lizardman
    Cage_Lizardman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe if it's possible to choose that you only want to join with other players that have at least done it once before. Pugging those things is possible without voice as long as everyone had had enough practice with them to know what to do. But there must be some kind of basic competence check (and not just CP). If the chance to clear is as low as when you queue for vBF/vFH then there's no point.
  • Sleep
    Sleep
    ✭✭✭✭
    for normal mode
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    For nornal modes at least
  • phontom78kiss
    phontom78kiss
    ✭✭
    No
    If using a finder for trials or Vdsa becomes a reality, the amount of nerf threads that trials are too hard and need to be made easier just like the vet maelstrom nerf threads would come out of the wood work...but what do I know ...
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Copied my comment from a similar thread.

Imo this is why we have guilds. You simply don't pug dsa and trials, at least not veteran ones. If you're looking for a mate to farm gear I simply suggest putting that out in the zone where the desired gear drops, or in any highly populated zone such as Craglorn. Farming achievements? Somewhat the same situation as farming gear or as first mentioned; guilds.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    akl77 wrote: »
    Having to go Craglorn and shout lfg for pug trial or dsa is a pain, can we please have an activity finder for us that just wanna pug a VAA, vhrc, vdsa etc.
    Grouping shouldn’t be such a pain, look at final fantasy online, it’s not so tedious getting in a group.
    Yes dungeons and battlegrounds have activity finder grouping, but I’ve done dungeons over 3000 times, sometimes we just want a pug trial or dsa.

yes please!!!
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Definitely. There is nothing worse than shouting "LFG" in zonechat. I hate myself for having to do it.
  • Surak73
    Surak73
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    A dungeon finder for veteran Trials/DSA gonna be hell and a lot of tears but im still up for it provided ZOS includes more filtering options and tools otherwise we'll see a lot of fake tanks/healers, 690CP with 5k dps and other shenanigans. Seriously any cat and dog will queue in DF if they can hit the queue button so we need a way to make sure they're prepared before queueing.

And this is probably the reason why ZOS has not implemented it already. When you make a pug group through zone chat, you can at least have some ideas about the players, but with the grouping tool you will find yourself directly in the trial with every person who has just thought "Mh, what I can do this evening? Well, let's see this strange thing, Hall of Fabrication or how is it called"...

Anyway, I'm up for it, after all no one will be forced to use the tool if he doens't like it.
  • pdebie64b16_ESO
    pdebie64b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Yes please, atleast for DSA, back in the day it was impossible to beat nDSA solo, it wasnt even easy in a group. Now it can be done solo. vDSA is easier to i heard and with the much higher cp, Maelstrom weapons and better gear sets i think it can be pugged without to much problems.

Offcourse there is a chance being in a bad group just like pugging in vet dungeons. But atleast its easier to do/try a vDSA run instead of begging for hours to get a DSA group in zone chat.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Please fix the current activity finder before adding another one.

It works just fine.
  • sevomd69
    sevomd69
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please
    At least for normal Craglorn trials and normal AS...all you need is one semi-competent tank and healer to complete...and one person willing to explain the "mechanics" (e.g. stacking on the paper pile in Storm Atro boss in AA)...now vet is all whole different animal...
  • Neyane
    Neyane
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I believe 100% that normal trials should have a group finder. Vet though? I don’t know, it depends on how good the pug is. Though nDSA and vDSA should definitely be in there.
    The most important thing in life is enjoying yourself.
    810+, love trials and dungeons, achievement hunter ♥
    Stormproof on 9 characters and more to come~ Flawless on MagSorc & MagPlar ♥
This discussion has been closed.