The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

In Game Bots Plague

MochiThunder
MochiThunder
Soul Shriven
I do not know if this is the right place... move the post if so. But I am having serious issues with bots being all over the place. All the maps i go to get materials are often infested with bots running in a predetermined route. Its getting ridiculous. There are even designated areas we all now know are useless to go to because bots are all over the place, like at the bottom of ghratwood by the beach where there is always a train of templar bots killing all the crabs. I keep reporting them... i still see them. Not diff ones, the same bots. What does the support team do with the bots when they get reported? Should i just give up reporting them? I am a lil frustrated with them.

With anticipated thanks, the frustrated crafter.
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on July 15, 2018 4:56PM
    Options
  • MochiThunder
    MochiThunder
    Soul Shriven
    LOL ok funny XD
    Options
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MochiThunder I reported the Grahtwood bots too a couple months ago. Even recorded a video and sent it in. Nada.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
    Options
  • MochiThunder
    MochiThunder
    Soul Shriven
    I mean I do not want to KNOW specifically what they are doing... I am just wondering why they are still there. Why the same bots. New bots wouldnt surprise me as much as me reporting the same bots veryday for a week and nothing happens.. botting is against the rules right? I am not even sure if it is, is why i am asking IF i should bother.
    Options
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on July 15, 2018 4:55PM
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe we should have a bot-reporting festival.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Horowonnoe wrote: »
    @MochiThunder I reported the Grahtwood bots too a couple months ago. Even recorded a video and sent it in. Nada.

I recorded a video and sent it in before for one location. It even showed the bots logging out all at the very same time while they were moving. I ensure their names showed up in the video. A few week later the same route was still being run.

I am not sure why Zos has not remained on top of the bots. Those of us that played during the first month of the game recall the group of bots in dungeons at the final boss and bots phasing in and out and points of quests where something needed to be done. It was completely absurd.

They knocked them back at least some but they are once again somewhat obvious, well have been for awhile.
    Options
  • MochiThunder
    MochiThunder
    Soul Shriven
    I had to go on a bot reporting bonanza today. There were 6 in craglorn, 4 in betnik , 2 in bleakrock and 3 in khenartis roost. not only they move obviously bot like their names are *** like @ kkskjhwerhys (thats an example not a real one)
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not know if this is the right place... move the post if so. But I am having serious issues with bots being all over the place. All the maps i go to get materials are often infested with bots running in a predetermined route. Its getting ridiculous. There are even designated areas we all now know are useless to go to because bots are all over the place, like at the bottom of ghratwood by the beach where there is always a train of templar bots killing all the crabs. I keep reporting them... i still see them. Not diff ones, the same bots. What does the support team do with the bots when they get reported? Should i just give up reporting them? I am a lil frustrated with them.

With anticipated thanks, the frustrated crafter.

They get around to them, in a limited manner. Some bots will go away. Others are allowed to run freely.

When you feel that reporting bots is a chore, stop reporting them. You won't notice any difference in how fast they disappear, but it is just a lot less work.

When you feel that you are taking bots more seriously than ZOS, and don't want that to be the case, stop playing and go find another game to play.

In the last two weeks, I could have reported 109 bots on PC/NA. That is just too many for me to stop and report.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on September 23, 2018 12:53AM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    I wish the bots would go away, but I realize they never will completely until the game shuts down for good. But believe it or not, the presence of bots indicates that ESO is doing pretty well: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/391089/three-reasons-we-should-actually-be-happy-for-bots-in-eso

I wish ZOS and their bot masters much happiness in the coming months.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options