Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Is there an NPC character which you hate with a passion? (Possible spoilers)

• Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I'm not the only person that has their nerves grated by Galerion. That voice actor is so jarring and out of place for this game that I have trouble accepting the fact he wasn't fired and replaced.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Argonians
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mannimarco, most of all, and
    it was really disappointing finding out that he eventually escaped Molag Bal's clutches (if the hero chose that predicament, at least), and ascended to godhood.
    Secondly, Voriak Solkyn, and not because of the craptastic nature of the final MA stage, but because of his line 'after I kill you, I shall animate your corpse', which I find an infinitely more horrifying prospect than all the threats Molag Bal and his minions have dished out.
    Edited by Jaimeh on January 13, 2018 11:38AM
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU?!

please kill me.

IT'S HERE!
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well.. after playing Morrowind I pretty much hate (hate is not the correct word here. Something stronger than that). All the Telvani NPCs. Mostly because the Morrowind Telvani quest line was done in a such a cheap and simple way. Those quests deal with slavery topics and unfortunately not many choices are left for the player. In other word - it is a wasted opportunity for a wonderful quest.
    Up to this day I have no clue why the protagonist who single-handedly defeated Molag Bal himself (Yeah a human mortal who single-handedly defeated a f***ing one of the most powerful daedric prince) has no dialogue option to kill some telvani slavers... I remember playing TES III Morrowind and - it was possible to do.. it was one of the options to pretty much free all the slaves and leave all Telvani towers empty... ;)
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 13, 2018 11:47AM
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is one moment in the main story that makes me cringe so hard.....its in the Daughter of Giants quest. When Lyris 'breaks' down the wall by going up to it, tinking it lightly once with her axe, then it falls down dramatically. It makes me hate her every time I see it xD The devs really could have made that part look really cool, hell they could have just made her do the animation for Wrecking Blow, but no, just tink and boom! Ughhhhhdjfjw;lkjfqwejfwklfjew;fjwq;e

@Sheezabeast
    Have you done it lately? I did it just a couple days ago on a new stamsorc. She put aside the axe and punched the wall with her fist. Much, much improved due to that. Just hope it was not just a bug :D:D:D
  • DarcyMardin
    DarcyMardin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sheogorath. I refuse to do the Mages guild quest line with any alts (I completed it on my main) because I hated him...and the voice actor’s over-the-top performance...with an intensity that I have felt for no other character in the game.
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lysse Chauvry, the woman in Belkarth near the wayshrine. Whinging, whining bint who takes advice with bad grace and makes me want to carve out her heart with a spoon. Why that long-suffering Khajiit hasn't taken out a writ of execution on her yet, I will never know! I can't even murder the annoying woman!

*Eye starts twitching* I just want to kill her!
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mosted hated npc of all Elder Scrolls games
    366236-102331468.jpg

... and his backrubs aren't that great, either.

I find several of them annoying. Stuga. Whatever creature says, "Comrade, the guild is in need of your services." Pretty much any NPC quest starter that repeatedly runs up to me and tries to talk to me. I avoid them like debt collectors. I cannot get away from them fast enough. The Prophet was like that for a while but they fixed him.

Sun-In-Shadow, I hate. Or, at least, pretty close to it.
    I was quite satisfied when Gothren tossed her in a cell. That seemed a worthy punishment for murdering his aide. Sadly, keeping her in there would have also locked up a quest slot. She is one of the most evil quest givers in the game.

Edited by Elsonso on January 13, 2018 12:43PM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    King Jorunn good lord worst voice acting in the game bar none sounds like [snip] trying to fake a Scandinavian accent the guys sounds like a real *** I had to mute my sound every time he spoke.

[Edit to remove inappropriate comment.]
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 13, 2018 8:35PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of those that follow you. Dear lord
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    razum dar, i was so excited to finally kill his annoying arse and yet zenimax ignores your quest decision and magically brings him back from the dead at the end and in future dlcs

How could you hate him?!
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • SweetrollBunny
    SweetrollBunny
    ✭✭✭
    "Do you know how long I've been looking for you?" - Stuga

"Do you know how long I've been running from you!?" - Me :D
    "Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone!" - Sheogorath
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    King Jorunn good lord worst voice acting in the game bar none sounds like [snip] trying to fake a Scandinavian accent the guys sounds like a real *** I had to mute my sound every time he spoke.

The voice actor is Swedish. Peter Stormare. Clearly it's you who doesn't know what Scandinavian accents sound like. Nice touch trying to insult people with DS in middle of your public display of ignorance. Classy.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 13, 2018 8:39PM
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • SweetrollBunny
    SweetrollBunny
    ✭✭✭

Funnily enough I think he has the most authentic "Nord" accent. Most Nords have this strange German sounding accent.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 13, 2018 8:40PM
    "Wonderful! Time for a celebration... Cheese for everyone!" - Sheogorath
  • leetacakesb16_ESO
    leetacakesb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcalin, with a passion. GGGRRR...
    Pc EU- Lady_Hania
  • boombazookajd
    boombazookajd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the blanking bankers. Every time I access a bank they say something and its always something useless. Shut up and just let me access my stupid bank!

And please stop dropping out to the world when i want to switch from personal bank to guild bank, I don't want to listen to the five-fold whatever it is the banker is saying.
    Drathus Delenu- Dunmer magDk: Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Stormproof, Peak Scaler, Clockwork Confounder, Orderly, Master Wizard, Cloudrest Hero, Undaunted, Dragonstar Arena Champion
    Thoronir Rolston- Breton petsorc: Stormproof
    Zaakazha-Redguard stamblade: Boethia's Scythe, Clockwork Confounder, Maelstrom Arena Champion, Dragonstar Arena Champion

Scrubs:
    Justinius Maximus Decimus- Altmer magblade
    Agronak gro'Mashul- Orc DK Tank
    Valerya Hawkcroft- Breton healer
    Zaaka- Imperial stamDK/crafter

✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (I'm so sorry, this is a massive rant.)

Verandis Ravenwatch

Oh I hate that annoying "good" vampire who the devs loved and turned into a Gary Stu that whole questline. He's the Wesley Crusher of Rivenspire.

How bad is it?
    The entire questline is his fault. This guy who is committed to "ethical" vampirism doesn't have the spine to stand up to Baron Montclair about not turning his wife to save her. Does Ravenwatch ever admit wrongdoing or suffer the loss of anyone's trust for this? Nope.
    My Vestige spends the entire questline fixing his mistakes and babysitting him around Rivenspire while he acts like he still has an ounce of credibility and is worthy to hold a position of authority despite being responsible in large part for the turmoil in Rivenspire.
    He leads the invasion force into a completely predictable trap that my Vestige saw coming a mile away and couldn't do anything about because of game design.
    In the end, he gets to be the self-sacificial hero who saves Rivenspire from the dangerous artifact by handing it over directly to...Molag Bal. My Vestige was not happy. If I'd seen Verandis Ravenwatch in Coldharbor, there would have been a reckoning.

But worst of all, the thing I cannot forgive him for.
    Right below his castle in Rivenspire is the small town of Crestshade. Crestshade has been devastated by a blood-curse, its inhabitants turned into bloodfiends and its notable citizens horribly killed and turned into a flesh atronach. What happens to Crestshade is absolutely horrifying.
    When I walk into Verandis' Castle - right above Crestshade, remember? - he is oh so worried about Gwendis possibly taking too much blood from a willing servant and launches into his speech about how his vampires only drink blood from willing victims and are so controlled. He doesn't give a **** about Crestshade or its people that were killed literally on his doorstep.

Count Verandis Ravenwatch is completely incompetent as a noble lord of Rivenspire and is directly responsible for much of the pain and suffering inflicted on the region. He also completely escapes the consequences of his actions, sacrificing himself, but still being viewed as a noble hero.

No. He's a vain man too arrogant to consider his limits, too weak-willed to stand up for what he thought was right, too self-centered to care what was happening to people right outside of his castle walls, and who is treated as a hero and one of the "good guys" the entire questline.

Can you tell he annoyed me?
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

1) done by Peter Stormare. Excellent Swedish actor so accent is real.

2) using the phrase '[snip]' as an insult. Classy. No, really, using that does not in any way make you look like a utter idiot. Fool.

And apologies from me for being triggered and not reading to the end of the thread to see that someone had already commented on this and mine is a virtually duplicate post! Would delete but think needs to be said twice.

Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on January 13, 2018 8:41PM
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That STUPID crown crate khajiit. Turn him into a damned rug plz!
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alief most obnoxious voice ever
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanus Galerion, his VO is garbage, he's an ass of a character, and he contributes absolutely nothing. Half his experiments end in flops anyway. What purpose does he serve by existing? Is he just meant to be the stupid full-of-himself nimrod everyone hates to interact with?

He only gets worse with every DLC he appears in.

Lady Laurent is...not a close second bc screw Vanus with a cactus, but she's a bratty bratty noble with no regard for anyone else. Stibbons deserves better.

One of the characters people seem to love to hate is Divayth Fyr, but I actually appreciate him. He's an ass, but at least he has the power to back it up, even if it's mostly displayed in scripted scene. His VO also doesn't make me want to crawl into a hole and die which is a respectable, and rare, trait for anyone in this game.
  • wolf486
    wolf486
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jakarn. He said something in the first mission about "keeping score" of killing trying to sound all hot, yet I was doing all the killing. As matter of fact I don't think he did a sliver of a damage to any NPC. Also nearly every dunmer npc
    PC/NA
    Moved onto BDO and GW2 Skyrim, ATS/ETS2, ACNH and the overall goodness of single player games

RIP to the following:
    (DC) Tharbûrz gro-Glumgrog - Orsimer -Stamden (lvl 50)
    (AD) Vukz - Bosmer - Stamblade (lvl 50)
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In no particular order

Lady Laurent AND Stibbons.
    Both have awful personalities, one being a controlling, lazy c*** with an undeserved sense of entitlement and smugness (ESO Millennial confirmed) while the other has no spine whatsoever. While she does seem to have a mild, soft spot for Stibbons, she's just really annoying and Stibbons is just so clingy to her that I can't really feel any sympathy towards him.

Narsis Dren
    I swear his name should just be changed to Narcissistic D*** and no one would notice a difference. He's actually worst than Lady Laurent but at least you get to punish him for his behavior. No regrets pushing him down that well or locking him in that Draugr tomb. I'D DO IT EVERY TIME.

Stuga
    LEAVE MY NEW CHARACTERS ALONE, YOU HORKER!!!! I do not want to get to Orsinium with my character that just escaped Coldharbour after having his soul extracted, thank you very much.

Everyone else I can tolerate to some extent, I'm even ok with Suns-In-Shadow because, even though I found her to be fairly selfish at the end of the quest, trying to rationalize wanting to keep Eoki a slave with her, I felt she was a victim of her environment. Telvanni politics don't have the same moral values as everyone else's. Stealing/Killing/etc is all normal affairs for them. "If you can steal from another Telvanni, but still live, then clearly you deserve whatever you stole". Not excusing her but I feel she's more a victim of her environment more than anything else.
    Argonian forever
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Razum Dar. Sneaky prick. Can't trust him at all
  • Yubarius
    Yubarius
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have hated King Kurog since the day I met him, something seemed off and my suspicions were true.
    I was so relieved when he ended up dead in the end.
    • Yubarius - Magicka NB - Flawless Conqueror
    • YubariusX - Magicka Warden - Flawless Conqueror
    • Lord Yubarius - Stamina Sorc - Stormproof - Centurion
    • 'Rubick the Grand Magus - Magicka Sorc
    • Fair Child Tank - Stamina DK
    • Jaruko - Magicka Templar
    • Selthyn Bavailo - Mag DK
    • Bandit-The-Great - Stam Temp

• Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The hate for Varus is strong.
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on January 13, 2018 10:25PM
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This dude who has a conversation with another dude who tries to sell something to get out of Craglorn. You wanna cry me a river? Go ahead, you might as well float out of craglorn? :dizzy:
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • AngelFires333
    AngelFires333
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No...Not really.
  • Soresina
    Soresina
    ✭✭✭
    Darius - I love to hate him to the point where I was really quite upset when he disappeared at the end of the main story line because it meant he would not be showing up to get annoyed at anymore.