Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is there an NPC character which you hate with a passion? (Possible spoilers)

nihirisutou
nihirisutou
✭✭✭
As the title states, is there any character you hate in-game? I'm not referring to the courier quest-giver types that stalk you all the way to Colovia.

For me personally, it has to be Varen. I dislike him for being the reason I lost my soul, he lies to me, makes me do errands and basically is only opens portals. Most characters you have an option to be mean to, but to Varen I can be nothing but nice.
I also HATE that everyone is willing to lay down their lives for him, like why? He's withered, blinded and feeble. He serves his purpose by being the sacrifice.

Please comment if you might feel the same or if there is someone else that you'd be happy to sacrifice.
[PS4/EU]

PSN: Nihirisutou

CP: 650+

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Smmokkee
    Smmokkee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Razumdar sucks
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All of the city NPCs that have dialogue on loop and never shut the *** up.
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My mosted hated npc of all Elder Scrolls games
    366236-102331468.jpg
  • arvilla
    arvilla
    ✭✭✭
    Stuga
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU?!

please kill me.
  • Sevalaricgirl
    Sevalaricgirl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jakarn because my girls can't sleep with him and spit him out like he does other women.

I love Raz. I think he's awesome but Jakarn is a user and such a loser.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only Mannimarco deserves my eternal hatred.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    logarifmik wrote: »
    Only Mannimarco deserves my eternal hatred.

I'm not fond of Mannimarco, but I still blame Varen for the creating the opportunity that let everything transpire.
    [PS4/EU]

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • Loves_guars
    Loves_guars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sun-in-Shadow :/
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lady Laurent
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the ones who make random racist comments in passing's like it's casual conversation...
    I'm like "Woah, easy now, we're all just trying to have a good time here!" LOL
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    Jakarn because my girls can't sleep with him and spit him out like he does other women.

I love Raz. I think he's awesome but Jakarn is a user and such a loser.

I created a Pirate-based Pirate character unaware of DC's intro story and I was soooo happy with the setting. I am primarily AD and I was like, I hope they stick with me like Raz. Disappointed and still sad till now that they split up after Bethnik.
    [PS4/EU]

FOR THE DOMINION!!
  • kyle.wilson
    kyle.wilson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »
    Only the ones who make random racist comments in passing's like it's casual conversation...
    I'm like "Woah, easy now, we're all just trying to have a good time here!" LOL

That's almost every NPC in Skyrim.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not denying in the slightest that Vivec is a wonderfully-written character, but god damn do I want to punch him in his stupid two-toned face. The guy is so enlightened by his own intelligence that he quotes himself while talking to you. Rrrrrrgh.

Seconding Lady Laurent, I don't find her funny at all and wish Stibbons would find someone who would treat him better than dirt. I'd take Kireth and Raynor falling into a hole over those two any day.
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This moment when....
    you have to sacrifice one of your allies (Lyris, Varen or Sai'Sahan) and you are like "WTF why can't I sacrifice this damn Abnur Tharn, which annoys me the whole time while staying in our group?"
  • Vizier
    Vizier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate every one of them that repeat themselves every time I'm nearby. It's a bleeping conspiracy I tell you.
  • Jarryzzt
    Jarryzzt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanus Galerion. Absolutely the worst voice-over job in the game, period, bar none. Also a complete twit from a writing perspective, but his is the only voice that makes me want to turn the speakers off, in part because it never, ever, fits the context of the scene. Ever.

Which, of course, is precisely why the next-next DLC will apparently revolve all around him bossing the player character around. Of course.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Verandis annoys me. Might be a bit better if he actually acknowledged when a vampire was talking to him.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Narsis Dren
    I really hoped that pushing him down that well in Vadenfell would of killed him and worse yet he shows up just fine later and the end of the main story, booo
  • Sheezabeast
    Sheezabeast
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is one moment in the main story that makes me cringe so hard.....its in the Daughter of Giants quest. When Lyris 'breaks' down the wall by going up to it, tinking it lightly once with her axe, then it falls down dramatically. It makes me hate her every time I see it xD The devs really could have made that part look really cool, hell they could have just made her do the animation for Wrecking Blow, but no, just tink and boom! Ughhhhhdjfjw;lkjfqwejfwklfjew;fjwq;e
    Grand Master Crafter, Beta baby who grew with the game. PC/NA. @Sheezabeast if you have crafting needs!
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU?!

please kill me.

Also "The Guilds need your help!"
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • primethief147
    primethief147
    ✭✭
    Ugh theres so many but if i had to chose one character it would be Galerion, hes 2 things i dislike and 1 thing that i hate: A high elf, a mage, and obnoxious to the point were i almost would rather not have my soul back if it ment he was trapped in cold harbor forever.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The pointy eared(I think) *** from Selene's. Been waiting for option to kill the jerk the whole quest but it never happened...still feel bad doing the quest on my alts, I absolutely don't wish to be helping that jerk. I sure hope Selene finds a way to free herself one day and kill him in most painful way possible.

I'm also highly not fond of Almalexia, well any of the Tribunal I guess, but it's less so due to her/their specific actions in ESO and moreso due to their whole story I suppose.
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not fond of Mannimarco, but I still blame Varen for the creating the opportunity that let everything transpire.
    Varen Aquilarios at least repents. Every man can made a mistake, and great man usually makes great mistakes, as the saying goes. Mannimarco on the other hand have no regrets and his motivation is quite clear, lust for power.
    Regarding people, which are loyal to the former Emperor, well, that is loyalty is all about, is it not?
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hated that Argonian in Sadrith Mora. She made me run back and fourth like 20 times between her location and nearby mushroom towers. She was also super ungrateful and tried to use me on multiple occasions. I didn't want to help her, but it was the only way to get the Telvanni personality.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on January 13, 2018 2:15AM
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sheogorath - I find him annoying, his stchik is trite and boring and not amusing. Also, nothing he does actually evokes madness. Just a badly written performance of someone thinking they can feign madness by gibbering on about cheese.

I skip almost everything he says, and tend to just alt tab out of the game and surf the internet if there is a non-skippable cut scene with hm involved.

He was okay in Oblivion. Not great or anything, and the routine got old quite quickly. But it was at least fresh back then. But then he did the same stupid act in Skyrim and then every time he shows up in ESO. For a daedric prince of madness, he is rather stable and one dimensional. Always telling the same jokes, always with the same stupid antics. Always acting in the exact same manner. But some find him amusing so... Good for them I suppose.

Number two on my list, and only by a hair's margin is Vanus Galerion... He's such a *** and a buffoon. And an exemplar of one of my main gripes about "lore" introduced by ESO to the Elder Scrolls franchise. Almost every famous historical person you get to meet in ESO is a moron. Or totally clueless and delusional.

And this is supposed to be the great Vanus Galerion, the one who created the modern schools of magic? This is the wise and honorable Vanus Galerion, the one who was noted of having a warm and light heart? This uppity, pompous, snob *** that bungles about without a clue? Failing miserably at everything and needing our help at every turn? And still having the cajoles to take credit for it all? Right... I wouldn't bet on him being able to figure out a way to escape a room that has no walls...
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hymzir wrote: »
    Sheogorath - I find him annoying, his stchik is trite and boring and not amusing. Also, nothing he does actually evokes madness. Just a badly written performance of someone thinking they can feign madness by gibbering on about cheese.

This. The really creepy madmen show their madness in little, highly disturbing ways and don't announce it like him.
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    razum dar, i was so excited to finally kill his annoying arse and yet zenimax ignores your quest decision and magically brings him back from the dead at the end and in future dlcs
  • Hibiki54
    Hibiki54
    ✭✭✭
    Sun-in-Shadow :/

Edited by Hibiki54 on January 13, 2018 10:16AM
    @Hibiki54
    PC/NA
    Hibiki the White Mage - Altmer|Templar Healer (main)
    Hibiki the Warrior - Imperial|Dragonknight Tank
    Hibiki the Red Mage - Redguard|Stamina Sorceress DD
    Hibiki the Black Mage - Altmer|Magicka Pet Sorceress DD
    Hibiki the Summoner - Breton|Warden Tank
    Hibiki the Thief - Bosmer|Stamina Nightblade PvP
    Hibiki the Knight - Nord|Stamina Templar DD
    Hibiki the Dragoon - Reguard|Stamina Dragonknight DD
    Hibiki the Onion Knight - Dunmer|Sorceress Tank
    Hibiki the Holy Knight - Altmer|Magicka Templar DD
    Hibiki the Geomancer - Altmer|Dragonknight Tank
    Hibiki the Ninja - Imperial|Nightblade Tank
  • nihirisutou
    nihirisutou
    ✭✭✭
    razum dar, i was so excited to finally kill his annoying arse and yet zenimax ignores your quest decision and magically brings him back from the dead at the end and in future dlcs

Actually, following the quest "To Dune" Raz will appear with Queen Ayrenn and explain that he got away, but that is never a bad thing to let your enemies think that you are dead.
    [PS4/EU]

FOR THE DOMINION!!