The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nerf meridia’s blessed armor set

Nelson_Rebel
Nelson_Rebel
✭✭✭✭✭
I’m sick of seeing more and more Dueling trolls using this over performing set, and in grouped battlegrounds that dominate with this as
well.

In a 1v1 and small group scale situations, this set dominates everything in the game due to it completely ignoring all damage, all status effects, and all other CC’s of any kind for 5 seconds and occurs every 10 seconds while blocking. The percentage chance for it to proc is 33%. Which is almost a garunteed proc just for blocking.

Meridia's Blessed Armor Set

LEVEL 50 CHAMPION 160

(2 items) Adds 2975 Physical Resistance

(3 items) Adds 129 Stamina Recovery

(4 items) Adds 2975 Spell Resistance

(5 items) When you block an attack, you have a 33% chance to blind your attacker, causing them to miss all of their attacks for 5 seconds. This effect can occur once every 10 seconds.

NOTE- This proc makes the attacker miss ALL his attacks, not just attacks on the person wearing Meridia's set, but also against
NOTE- This Proc ignores Dot's and all AoEs as well.
*****If I can proc Valkyn Skoria with an 8 PERCENT chance and it hit almost every 4-5 seconds. Do you realize how many times someone is proccing the blessed armor of meridia’s set for a 33% chance every 10 seconds for 5 seconds? It’s almost up literally the entire time. The only time it’s not is when your opponent stops blocking because he can now damage you indiscriminately without a care in the world with his off damage set and monster sets of his own. But because he is now an immune God Of Tamriel while this stupid overpowered set is active your damage literally means nothing.*****

Please. Fix. This....add a 30 second cooldown and make it balanced. And let it affect 1-2 opponents to make up the difference

Edited by Nelson_Rebel on January 11, 2018 9:14PM
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a simple solution to this problem, don't duel people who are wearing the set. The set is trash everywhere else in the game. Also the set has a maximum uptime of 50% which isn't even close to "literally the entire time".
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a simple solution to this problem, don't duel people who are wearing the set. The set is trash everywhere else in the game. Also the set has a maximum uptime of 50% which isn't even close to "literally the entire time".

Your 50% guess is completely wrong

What you don’t understand is that it’s a 33% chance to proc on every hit every 10 seconds, it lasts for 5 seconds. Meaning that 5 seconds of that cooldown after it procs is already gone, meaning in 5 seconds it’s 100% rng to proc again for another 33% while blocking a hit which is almost garunteed.

Your speaking from a pure pve uptime sense of time. This is pvp, where your opponent is CC’ing while his cooldown disappears in mere seconds and will continue to be a god

telling people not to duel is NOT an acceptable answer. The sets broken and shouldn’t be ignored.

And if that’s all the advice you got you can go ahead and leave because I am going to keep bringing this up until a dev notices
  • Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    It's a 50% uptime max. I've tested it, you should too if you don't believe me. Use combat metrics. Anyhow, happy crusading glhf.
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think we need more nerfs
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smolt wrote: »
    It's a 50% uptime max. I've tested it, you should too if you don't believe me. Use combat metrics. Anyhow, happy crusading glhf.

While you opponent has CC’d you and
    done his damage that 50% uptime will be closer to 100%

This is not a PvE parse buddy. This is active combat situation, where your opponent is an invincible God while you can do nothing and your resources are still spent while he continues to CC and do his damage indiscriminately. In your view that other 50% doesn’t exist because every moment you have a chance to do an attack after CC breaking he will be able to have it proc again the moment you try to attack again
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You should learn how cooldowns work . And some simple math .
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liofa wrote: »
    You should learn how cooldowns work . And some simple math .

This is not a PvE parse buddy. This is active combat situation, where your opponent is an invincible God while you can do nothing and your resources are still spent while he continues to CC and do his damage indiscriminately. In your view that other 50% doesn’t exist because every moment you have a chance to do an attack after CC breaking he will be able to have it proc again the moment you try to attack again

• Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This has nothing to do with PvE parses ''buddy'' . Just install Combat Metrics and test it . I am not saying this set is not overpowered in duels , I agree with you at that . I am just correcting your obviously false claim of ''having 100% uptime'' .
    Edited by Liofa on January 11, 2018 3:14AM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Regardless of the OP’s math, this set needs to go. 50% uptime on damage immunity is KIND of ridiculous. Anyone defending this garbage set is probably busy using it.

It’s useless in open PVP since you can only ‘blind’ one person at a time. But it still means that you’ll win any solo fight.
  • Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭

I'm well aware... buddy. Combat metrics tracks all buffs and debuffs during combat. Helps with testing. Please post a vid showing a real test duel with combat metrics showing a higher than 50% uptime. So until you test it like i and others have please stop making this obviously false claim. Once every 10 sec, lasts for 5 sec works like it says on one person at a time. Very annoying set in a duel nonetheless, no need to exaggerate.
  • Mickydanz
    Mickydanz
    ✭✭✭
    Does this set proc if you block a DOT skill like poison injection ?
    Cropsford Mayor
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop dueling?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't ground dots plus other passive DMG help you score hits against a blessed armor build?

Seems like the blessed effect is a hard counter to instant cast abilities of which a huge number of pvp players use.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Wouldn't ground dots plus other passive DMG help you score hits against a blessed armor build?

Seems like the blessed effect is a hard counter to instant cast abilities of which a huge number of pvp players use.

No, it procs on ANY damage done. And ignores damage from instant skills even if the skill was the one that procced it in the first place
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on January 11, 2018 4:29AM
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    What class are you?

I’m pretty sure blind can be purged. Or you could wear Wyrd Tree (cast any spell, 100% chance to remove 5 negative status effects).

Or possibly Reactive Armor ((5 items) While you are affected by a disabling effect, your damage taken is reduced by 35%.)

I have a feeling there are other sets/spells that can trump that effect. Might take some searching. Also, some attacks can’t be blocked (fear makes enemies drop block, a Power of Light, Haunting Curse, Cliff Racer, destro ult, etc.)

Edited by SmellyUnlimited on January 11, 2018 4:20AM
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What class are you?

I’m pretty sure blind can be purged. Or you could wear Wyrd Tree (cast any spell, 100% chance to remove 5 negative status effects).

Or possibly Reactive Armor ((5 items) While you are affected by a disabling effect, your damage taken is reduced by 35%.)

I have a feeling there are other sets/spells that can trump that effect. Might take some searching. Also, some attacks can’t be blocked (fear makes enemies drop block, a Power of Light, Haunting Curse, Cliff Racer, destro ult, etc.)

It’s not a purgable effect, or cleans-able

Those effects won't ignore blind. The set ignores everything that is considered an attack. Not dodge, is simply ignores damage. The set literally makes you invincible to ALL damage. Even CC's won't affect your character

• Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What class are you?

It’s not a purgable effect, or cleans-able

Those effects won't ignore blind. The set ignores everything that is considered an attack. Not dodge, is simply ignores damage. The set literally makes you invincible to ALL damage. Even CC's won't affect your character

Well it's hard to fight back when you are suddenly blinded

But I think we have bigger problems than this set
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Your 50% guess is completely wrong

What you don’t understand is that it’s a 33% chance to proc on every hit every 10 seconds, it lasts for 5 seconds. Meaning that 5 seconds of that cooldown after it procs is already gone, meaning in 5 seconds it’s 100% rng to proc again for another 33% while blocking a hit which is almost garunteed.

Your speaking from a pure pve uptime sense of time. This is pvp, where your opponent is CC’ing while his cooldown disappears in mere seconds and will continue to be a god

telling people not to duel is NOT an acceptable answer. The sets broken and shouldn’t be ignored.

And if that’s all the advice you got you can go ahead and leave because I am going to keep bringing this up until a dev notices

If everyone thinks that this set is op and refuses to duel people that use it, then they will stop using it. The set is only broken in one, non competitive part of the game. Nerfing it would only make it even worse in the other parts of the game that people actually care about.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don´t duel those setups, simple as that. Any serious duel tournament won´t allow the set anyway.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I ran Blessed plus Necropotence on a pet Sorc for awhile, and it was hilarious how silly that setup is, and I have a buddy who runs Blessed plus Tava's on a Warden, to similar ends.

The set is definitely powerful, however, I don't feel like the set is broken.
    It only really shines 1v1, which makes it super obnoxious in duels, but beyond that, it has low utility.

The best counter to Blessed, is to realise that you are playing against it, and then adjust your strategy. You can see the blind on your Debuff window, so avoid dropping dawnbreakers etc while it is up. Then when you are free to hit them, line up your burst and chunk the guy while they are vulnerable.

I am also pretty sure that Dots and such that are applied before the proc stay on the target, so you can maintain pressure on them, even while they are otherwise invulnerable.

Also, I'd like to point out that a permablock build does much the same as Blessed, but can laugh off multiple people at once, and not just one.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    I ran Blessed plus Necropotence on a pet Sorc for awhile, and it was hilarious how silly that setup is, and I have a buddy who runs Blessed plus Tava's on a Warden, to similar ends.

The set is definitely powerful, however, I don't feel like the set is broken.
    It only really shines 1v1, which makes it super obnoxious in duels, but beyond that, it has low utility.

The best counter to Blessed, is to realise that you are playing against it, and then adjust your strategy. You can see the blind on your Debuff window, so avoid dropping dawnbreakers etc while it is up. Then when you are free to hit them, line up your burst and chunk the guy while they are vulnerable.

I am also pretty sure that Dots and such that are applied before the proc stay on the target, so you can maintain pressure on them, even while they are otherwise invulnerable.

Also, I'd like to point out that a permablock build does much the same as Blessed, but can laugh off multiple people at once, and not just one.

This is what I was talking about above. Sure the 50% blind sucks, but there are windows to apply pressure.

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It this set not banned in every serious dueling environment? I'd assumed it was.

Don't nerf it. It's balanced open world, being very strong 1v1, okay 1v2, and pretty much worthless against 3 or more opponents. Nothing should be balanced around duels, and duels shouldn't be taken seriously outside of controlled, competitive situations.

Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lvling 3 toons during the new-life-festival, it happened again and again that those duelling nerds at wayshrines challenged my toons,
    I won 2/3 of the battles and lost 1/3 with my chars with almost none skillpoints aso.

so a duelling player asking for a nerf for something, should first started to use his brain once again and getaway from a wayshrine to L2P-his toon.
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I recall the "blinded" effect being in the game when it first came out but devs pretty quickly removed it. People found it frustrating and no fun and devs either removed it completely (Templar "Blinding Flashes" skill, for example) or changed it all to self buffs that give you chance to dodge attacks rather than debuffs to make others miss. I don't know how the "make others miss all their attacks" debuff suddenly reappeared but I agree that I don't like it and "miss chance" should go back on the scrap heap...
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does Meridia effect also AoE dmg?

Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Yup, aoe damage, DoT damage, etc..

What's even MORE hilarious is that if you are in a group in cyrodill the armors effect has been glitching to work for the group
  • charley222
    charley222
    ✭✭✭✭

What's even MORE hilarious is that if you are in a group in cyrodill the armors effect has been glitching to work for the group

i use Meridia and this game have so much worst of this set Meridia have any damage
    this set is annoying yes but how you die vs something is got any damage Oo you have very poor healing and def
    what you play ? i guess your build is all in attack and have any survivability

fear Meridia = dead
    Death Stroke =dead
    the wall of the covenant
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you mean that the blinded player misses everyone, then yeah, that's how it's supposed to work.

If it's blinding entire groups, that's something different...
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • SmellyUnlimited
    SmellyUnlimited
    ✭✭✭✭
    charley222 wrote: »

i use Meridia and this game have so much worst of this set Meridia have any damage
    this set is annoying yes but how you die vs something is got any damage Oo you have very poor healing and def

fear Meridia = dead
    Death Stroke =dead

Uh....what?!
    DO. NOT. WIPE. (in game OR out!)
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    charley222 wrote: »

fear Meridia = dead
    Death Stroke =dead

Uh....what?!

I didn't respond to him because it wasn't worth the headache lol