Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Motif Price increase

• Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jaye63 wrote: »
    No change. People will farm them trying to sell them for moronic prices *cough bouyant armiger cough* and unless the buyer is ridiculously OCD about having them all, no one is going to buy them.

Yeah, don't think I've ever paid over 20k for a page. Even the 20k ones have only been picked up because some kind soul listed a rare one for a lot less than they usually go for. Built all my rarer styles more or less that way. Screw paying 50k for a newer trials motif or a pvp one. The new pvp motif isn't even that great. Only useful for writs and I bought those pieces with AP.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No change
    As most are predicting, prices will go up briefly until everyone has the look they want, then in a week or 2 the prices will drop to what they usually are.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • MrTtheDK
    MrTtheDK
    ✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    I've already spent 250K on misc motifs that my crafter did not know. Grab them while you can.
    Main:
    DC- Diablo Azul , Mr T

Alts: Nerf Something or Another

Guild: - Imperial City Police
    RIP Guilds: Purple, WKB, Eight Divines, Rage, What Mechanics, Entropy Rising
    Game: @TalosSeptim
  • T4T2FR34K
    T4T2FR34K
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I dont know why they would increase...if they are crap and no one wanted them for crafting with or to finish a book, or are so saturated it doesn't matter...why would being able to make them cosmetics change the price?

p.s. what I want to know is if we can make stuff like the pants, gloves and sandals into outfits...
    Edited by T4T2FR34K on January 8, 2018 6:41PM
  • I_killed_Vivec
    I_killed_Vivec
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Price will drop
    They will go up marginally for a short while.

Then ZoS will muscle in on the business and sell all the motifs in the Crown Store... and the trade in motifs will tank.
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    I'd say they will increase for a short while, especially with the returning/new-coming players and what not, but will quickly start to drop off once majority of people have their own.

I bet you it's already starting now that the patch notes finally got posted :)
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Buyers jack up the prices on their motifs because one guy on TTC did it and it rippled throughout that user base.
    Some noob will try to sell an Argonian book for 750,000 gold.

Most people wait out the speculators, or have already purchased the styles they are interested in using prior to the patch.
    Some noob will buy the Argonian book for 750,000 gold.
    signing off
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    On PC EU server:

DB motif averaged around 7K, now up to 10K plus, roughly 50% increase.
    TG motif averaged around 4K, up to around 6K currently, also a roughly 50% increase.

These increases happened in roughly a week's time after it became clear how the outfit system would work. So based on that, this poll is already answered in-game.

I average 2.5 to 3 TG motifs and 1 DB motif a day day so have a pretty good grasp on these. Above prices are "sell within a few hour" prices, I'm sure you could add 25% (to both before and after prices) and still sell them if you're willing to wait a few days.

I haven't seen similarly big increases in Ebonshadow/Apostle motifs, but of course they were already priced higher because the DLC is much newer and many old time crafters are still working on completing their collections, so the demand was probably already outstripping the supply. I also haven't seen similar increases in random drop motifs, however I don't sell 20+ of those in a week so it's a lot harder to estimate based on my own sales.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a lot of factors to the economy of motif pages, and it’s hard to know which will be most pertinent.

Upward pressure on prices

- increased demand from players wanting to change their look. If we think about it, this could be an astronomical spike in motif styles used. Right now half or more of the gear in the game is drop, so style choice is locked out. Players only make a craft set occasionally since a gold piece of armor is spendy. The new system could have players changing their gear look many times per year...a massive increase in style use.

- players now have to unlock styles on their own account, rather than have crafters make it. They might also feel more inclined to collect because the styles are account wide.

- motif drops seem to be somewhat connected to game traffic. As traffic goes up, the number of motifs dropped increase but the per RNG rate drops. In other words, if ten players run a delve daily for Morag Tong motifs, maybe 2 motifs drop...a 20% rate. If one hundred run it, maybe 10 drop - more motifs, but a lower 10% drop rate. If people jam in looking for these, drop rates could decline and prices spike.

- more motifs will be consumed rather than sold compared to before. Now you’ll have players looking for motifs on their own accounts, which they’ll learn as they collect. This could,cause shortages in guild stores.

Downward pressure on prices

- It’s possible that the flurry of people farming for themselves will create a large stock of duplicates that flood guild stores.

- never forget, consumers are stupid. Lol. If people pick up duplicates they might try to sell them off quickly at poor pricing. Morag Tong is currently going for $25-$35k on my server. If people start getting these and thinking “that was easily, I’ll sell these for $5k” we could see a price decline.

Things to note:

The birthday event, when thousands of motifs flooded the market (I collected at least 500 myself for later resale) didn’t have barely any effect on motif prices, either right away or in the long term. I thought people would,drop prices dramatically to get rid of them, but they never did. I watched pricing all throughout the event and the month after. The stores were jammed with too much stock, but no price fluctuations.
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No change
    Depends on the motif, some will sell better others wont sell, just like it is now :smile:
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • Beamer_Miasma
    Beamer_Miasma
    ✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    davey1107 wrote: »
    There are a lot of factors to the economy of motif pages, and it’s hard to know which will be most pertinent.
    You make some good points. I was also thinking that the price hike I see in some motifs atm might be the result of people panic-buying because they expect prices to go up after the new content goes live. Thinking they better buy them now because they will be twice as expensive next month, which has yet to be proven.

Still, my money is on an overall price increase. I don't expect the increase in farming to be very big, because many people I know who do not craft at all were already farming motifs anyway to sell them, because they are an excellent way to make money. The possible expansion for producers seems to be much lower than for consumers.

For me as a crafter who already has an extensive library of motifs but would still like to complete the missing (and new) ones, and as someone who has a good income from selling motifs, it will be interesting to see what the outcome will be either way. I am not even sure which outcome I would prefer.
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    You guys read the natch potes?

"With the release of the Outfit System, we've adjusted the drop rates for a number of Crafting Motifs to help ensure certain impressive or prestigious Motifs retain a degree of rarity."

Supply and demand
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    I have noticed this past week an increase in prices for what used to be very common motifs. Some that I was buying for 3 to 4 hundred a page are being listed now for 15 to 20 k lol. Saw a primal motif book in one guild listed for 275k.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for the glass motif prices to recover from that promotion a year ago.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    I'm still waiting for the glass motif prices to recover from that promotion a year ago.

Didn’t I read something where glass motifs will no longer drop as fragments from crafting writs?

Might be wrong, but thought they were going to be in the master writ merchant with the new update.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    I have noticed this past week an increase in prices for what used to be very common motifs. Some that I was buying for 3 to 4 hundred a page are being listed now for 15 to 20 k lol. Saw a primal motif book in one guild listed for 275k.

Those are 3-400 gold ATM. People list stuff for absurd prices. That's why I don't use TTC. I rely on MM and my intuition.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • ereboz
    ereboz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    Feric51 wrote: »

Didn’t I read something where glass motifs will no longer drop as fragments from crafting writs?

Might be wrong, but thought they were going to be in the master writ merchant with the new update.

You are correct about this. This will change the glass prices a bit. Right now your better off buying these on the store or your just paying 10K and testing rng. Better off paying 10k and know what your getting. Either way, I won't be getting any more glass motifs, too many other things to buy in the writ shop.
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Wonder if it will be a blind draw in the master writ trader too?

10 writ vouchers gets you a glass motif envelope with any random chapter, or similar to how ebony is now where you pick which chapter you’re buying.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No change
    It's the whole book @Feric51 ... currently set at 180 vouchers.

qCeFPPt.png
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

qCeFPPt.png

So the fragments are now vender trash and the old motif pages will be worth a couple hundred gold.

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »
    I bet you it's already starting now that the patch notes finally got posted :)

It is. I've finally sold off all those cheap Assassin League chapters I accrued while farming for Minotaur. So happy to be rid of those!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

How to turn off the sustainability features (screen dimming, fps cap) on PC
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

qCeFPPt.png

Thanks for the info. Hopefully I’ll still be able to sell my fragments until it goes live on console. Gotta remember that a lot of players don’t read the forums.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No change

qCeFPPt.png

So the fragments are now vender trash and the old motif pages will be worth a couple hundred gold.

Don’t shoot the messenger. ;) Some players will still likely want to complete the motif if they already have pages ... but yes there won’t be much need for these other than as a collectible.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

qCeFPPt.png

Don’t shoot the messenger. ;) Some players will still likely want to complete the motif if they already have pages ... but yes there won’t be much need for these other than as a collectible.

I wasn't blaming you but since you are the messenger .....

Judge-barrel.gif

• lordhakai
    lordhakai
    ✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    So are the analyst saying buy them now? Because I have some I want to sell. But since they are shared account wide will there really be an increase in demand? Perhaps in the non-crafters, and those who gave up on getting motifs maybe, but I don't predict a landslide to purchase more motifs driving up the cost of selling them.

yes they are going up. For instance sets like outlaw, league, and similar ones
  • VilniusNastavnik
    VilniusNastavnik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    Prices are already on the increase. What was a 5K motif are now going for 25K for some (Xivkyn), with a continual decrease for others (Celestial 2K).
    Active Toons:
    NA - VilniusNastavnik - Magsorc DPS - Altmer
    NA - Ko'h Nehko'h - Stamblade Archer - Khajit
    NA - Arwyn Winterlight - MagPlar Healer - Breton
    NA - Urog Blackfang - DK Tank - Orc
    NA - Elen Windsong - Stamsorc DPS - Bosmer
    NA - Eats-Strange-Fungus - Magden HealzTank- Argonian
    NA - Harwyn Northwind - MagWarden DPS - High Elf
    NA - Raises-Many-Families - Necro HealzTank - Argonian

Picture of my Active Toons.

Obligatory ESO Fashion website plug: Vil's Portfolio
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm seeing prices stay about the same on XB-NA right now. People are asking for higher prices, but they tend to just sit in traders and not actually sell.
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

• Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    demand should increase as folk will want to try out new outfits without impacting on their existing armour set up. That should mean a price hike for stuff in lower supply.
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • VoiDGhOs7
    VoiDGhOs7
    ✭✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    Price already increased, but it may start to decrease for some motif as more players acquire them.
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Price will increase
    I think they have already increased.
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!