Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Motif Price increase

ereboz
ereboz
✭✭✭✭
Once the outfit system goes live, what do you think will happen with motif prices? I think they will increase with everyone wanting access to all styles
Edited by ereboz on January 8, 2018 4:14PM

Motif Price increase 170 votes

Price will increase
68%
Gilvothcalitrumanb14_ESOGreevirJimmyNemesis7884ninibiniCyberOnEsotimb16_ESO85MitrengamertustaMilvanIts_AlexisFuxoElijah_CrowUranamorVoiDGhOs7erebozHidesFromSuntplink3r1Edziu 116 votes
Price will drop
5%
SirCriticalMasterSpatulaI_killed_VivecMic1007SkeletalkkSlackGodHawkGaunterODimArmatesz 9 votes
No change
20%
FinaldeathPhilhypeIruil_ESONebthet78AluiriesUloleandro.800ub17_ESOstarlizard70ub17_ESOMakeWaySencheEddyblebadmojoTarukmocktoTaleof2Citieslelink88Mgghoolrosy_arieteEasily_LostAkrasjelSSlargBanana 35 votes
Other
5%
augestflex_ESOAcrolasCatsmoke14AzuryaElsonsoSGT_Wolfe101stjaye63Feric51Slick_007T4T2FR34K 10 votes
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    They will increase for awhile, but then drop in price over time
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No change
    I guess they'll shortly increase for 1-2weeks but after that they'll return to current prices.

Many ppl dont want all Styles Complete, only certain Pieces of certain sets, to make their outfit. And the Preview funtion will help them doin that
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    atlest should as many players as for now selling those expensive ones while waiting for price drop of them to finally use them without losing that much gold as on release of motifs
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    I'm predicting an increase, which is why my wife and I dropped 8 mil on all motifs (except armiger) the past few days, before they go up.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    There could be a temporary increase as people try to complete sets but ultimately I think this will cause prices to drop considerably as time goes on. With the creator you'll never needs alts to learn motifs. Just have main make the outfit you like.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    Increase for a little while then drop.
  • VexingArcanist
    VexingArcanist
    ✭✭✭✭
    No change
    You only need 1 crafter to unlock the outfit across the account so...I can't see a change beyond the first couple of hours of people pushing to get more and no one buying.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    There could be a temporary increase as people try to complete sets but ultimately I think this will cause prices to drop considerably as time goes on. With the creator you'll never needs alts to learn motifs. Just have main make the outfit you like.

Why would you need alts to learn motifs other than for master writ vouchers before the outfit system anyway?
  • Mic1007
    Mic1007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price will drop
    They will go up, and then tank when the rush is over.
    @Mic1007
    Champion Rank 900+
    DC/AD/EP
    PC NA

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    Motly mid-price motifs will be affected. I don't expect expensive stuff like BA to receive much of a boost.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No change
    So are the analyst saying buy them now? Because I have some I want to sell. But since they are shared account wide will there really be an increase in demand? Perhaps in the non-crafters, and those who gave up on getting motifs maybe, but I don't predict a landslide to purchase more motifs driving up the cost of selling them.
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    They’ll increase atm but then go down by a lot since motifs are account-wide. Either buy them now or wait 1-2 months to save gold.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Voxicity wrote: »

Why would you need alts to learn motifs other than for master writ vouchers before the outfit system anyway?

I don't think master writs are the only reason people learn motifs. With the new system learning on altos won't be necessary. Prior to this I'd learn duplicate pages on alts so I'd be able to learn that style. Crafting on main, banking, logging in/out is a pain. Now make a costum and be done. The lower demand will drop prices as people holding/learning with drop as the need is reduced. Supply with go up and demand with drop. That's my thought anyway. Wait 2-3 months post the new creator and motifs will be 25-40% lower. New will always be high and difficult to farm but in general lower.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    No change. People will farm them trying to sell them for moronic prices *cough bouyant armiger cough* and unless the buyer is ridiculously OCD about having them all, no one is going to buy them.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No change
    We don't even know the full scope of how the system will be implemented. We must first wait for the Potes!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price will drop
    Since everyone will start farming motifs, the market will be full with them.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No change
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    We don't even know the full scope of how the system will be implemented. We must first wait for the Potes!

^This.^
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they will initially increase since a lot of none crafters will be buying, farming and selling up the styles they want then it it drop back down to current or possibly a bit lower than it is now since people can wear any style armour and cover it up with the motif meaning those armours are no longer premium.
    Edited by iiYuki on January 8, 2018 5:24PM
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭
    You only need 1 crafter to unlock the outfit across the account so...I can't see a change beyond the first couple of hours of people pushing to get more and no one buying.

Are you sure about that? That's not the way I read it.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    Psyonico wrote: »

Are you sure about that? That's not the way I read it.

It's been confirmed by Gina
    Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    first it will rocket and after 3-4 months it will plumet, and that was it
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Being account wide now I wouldn't expect a huge increase.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    This poll is not needed. If there is a demand for something the price will go up.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other

wait... motif knowledge will become account wide not toon specific?
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    jaye63 wrote: »

For the purpose of costume creation. Yes.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Prof_Bawbag
    Prof_Bawbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Can't you just do that now? My main crafter crafts everything for all my other toons and as such there's zero need for them to know any motif other than to try and increase master writ drops (that's debatable too).
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price will increase
    People who didn't want to be bothered with crafting in the past will now have an incentive to buy motifs for their costumes. Prices will spike, then drop but still be higher than they were prior to costume creation.

Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price will drop
    Defilted wrote: »

And since Outfits will likely be the only reason anyone would ever need to use motifs ever again, there'll be little interest in collecting motifs on multiple characters.

I predict a large spike and a gradual drop-off to below where they are now.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Akrasjel
    Akrasjel
    ✭✭✭✭
    No change
    Price trends for Motifs should not change.
    [PC][EU][Daggerfall Covenant]
    Akrasjel Lanate - Imperial Nightblade | 50 | CP900+
    Born: 2E 551

Member of: | Traders of the Covenant | Hammerfell Trading | Imperial Trading Company |
    Houses: Strident Springs Demesne,

• jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Defilted wrote: »

WOOT!