The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

WE GET NO CP BGS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

• Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    ZoS has the data, no CP had more action.

Anyone who plays BGs on PC EU knows that isn't the case on our platform. the population difference is hugely in favor of CP BGs. I am saying this as a noCP-Supporter.

ZOS is not known for making surgical changes to platforms indiviually. ZOS is doing what they always do, looking at PC NA data and ignoring the rest for simplicity reasons. There is a reason they won't provide data. Cause the data they have received is not consistent across all platforms and they don't want to justify that they, again, based their decision solely on PC NA and give a big middlefinger to the rest.

Well I play on EU but our whole guild is not playing anymore since its CP.

We gave it a try but dont find it fun anymore so stopped and went back into cyrodill.

I am excited to see no cp BG coming back.

Me, too. Wholeheartedly. But I didn't stop playing when CP-BGs launched, I continued. I play pretty much BGs only. And believe me, the overall population in BGs is now multiple times larger than it was in noCP, unfortunately. I'm not talking about quality of play, I am just comparing the population.

thats kinda true (pc eu too)

but since bg rewards gets such high ap buff in next patch i hardly think of population wont go up

im in a really good pvp guild on sotha sil and i make in 2h 75k ap average

a lost bg gives 10k and in no cp its over in 10 minutes... thats more than i ever made in cryo i think
    Edited by Trashs1 on January 22, 2018 10:46AM
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either way is fine – whether it be CP or NO-CP – players will adapt.

But, Zenimax finally has to decide wether they fully endorse their CP system when it comes to PVP or admit that it’s a system that will cause trouble until the end of time in terms of balance and remove it completely from PVP. Just look at the many differences we have:
    1. BGs are basically being switched from CP to NO-CP on a quarterly basis now, because YOLO.
    2. Cyrodiil, a mix of both. Right after Morrowind launched they tried to push more No-CP campaigns on live than CP campaigns (at least on PC EU). Failed. Because – as it turns out – the majority of players prefer CP. Surprise.
    3. Duels have been CP-only from the start. Nothing changed there, because the playerbase for duels is simply not large and vocal enough for Zenimax to do the same CP / NO-CP switching as they do with BGs.

We all know, they hardly admit that the playerbase is not large enough to offer both CP and NO-CP when it comes to BGs. But switching between both alternatives constantly leads nowhere.

Not only would they prevent the outcries in the community every time they change it, but also save their employees a lot of headaches and the company a lot of resources by just sticking to either YES- or NO-CP for every PVP aspect of the game from now on. Balance would be so much easier without taking two systems into account at once all the time.

Take a stand, Zenimax.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    ESO_Blash wrote: »
    [*] Cyrodiil, a mix of both. Right after Morrowind launched they tried to push more No-CP campaigns on live than CP campaigns (at least on PC EU). Failed. Because – as it turns out – the majority of players prefer CP. Surprise.

because sieges, procsets and guards in noncp scaled wrong.
    As for me personally, I like both modes, but prefer to play better scaled.
    In bg its now non-cp (but cp also isn't a problem if to separate premades and PUGs in bg). In cyro - with cp.

Hope they will understand at least that the main problem of battlegrounds now is premades vs randomly grouped players, not "cp or not cp".
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    ZoS has the data, no CP had more action.

Spot on. Case closed! Whup whup
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It had more action because the majority of people there were far below cp 500.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yay proc-bg are back with a lot of unbalanced other things because the game was always trying to balanced for having cp and so far all balance changes were made with cp in mind.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    It had more action because the majority of people there were far below cp 500.

Im doubtful that they were more active on Xbox NA prior to the CP change tbh. BGs are pretty poppin most of the day and you get a decent amount of variety in people you play against
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had to come back to see if what I was hearing was true. If so thank you for finally reverting your terrible, terrible change. I would also question why you went against your majority community in forcing CP in the first place. I fear that this may have been a too little too late change for a lot of people. I am excited to dust this game off the shelf though!
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    The only people I see complaining about cp are low levels and people who don’t know how to attack troll builds.

You don’t see the good BG players complaining because many stopped playing after our massive forum petition to stop the change was absolutely ignored. I played 2 BGs with CP and that was enough for me to cancel my membership and not touch the game for months.

Time to learn how to manage your resources again! Prayers to all the scrubs who grew comfortable in BGs with your training wheels. :)
  • SouthernSoldjer
    Idk why they wouldn't give you an option for either, no matter what my premade group gonna be cancer lol.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan, I played both and enjoyed cp much more than non cp. The game is balanced behind cp, which makes certain builds that rely on the increases of multiple stars gimped. Plus, no cp heavily favors stamina imo. I hated playing my mag characters in no cp. Meh, whatever. Guess ill just play proc sets or stam like the rest of em.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a fan, I played both and enjoyed cp much more than non cp. The game is balanced behind cp, which makes certain builds that rely on the increases of multiple stars gimped. Plus, no cp heavily favors stamina imo. I hated playing my mag characters in no cp. Meh, whatever. Guess ill just play proc sets or stam like the rest of em.

Siphoner/Defiler player exposed :trollface:
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

After the nerf to proc sets Bg's were dominated by magic builds.