The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

WE GET NO CP BGS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111

• RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    in reality all the change back to No-CP does for Battle Grounds is make Proc Sets BIS again.

Sets like Selene, Valkyn Skoria, etc are super strong in No-CP because there is no CP mitigation to reduce their damage...at 13k+ Skoria tooltip will hit significantly harder in No-CP than it does in CP. Any set that gives free damage will be money in No-CP...Selene will make a huge comeback with a vengeance and will hit like a train.

the key to fixing Battlegrounds has very little to do with CP or No-CP, it has to do with group compositions. They need to leave the CP aspect alone, and instead create a new que.

Que 1- for groups
    Que 2 for non-groups

the main issue in BG's right now is premades dominate, and they dominate against ungrouped players. this is why Bg's have failed, not because of CP or no-CP...changing the game back to no-cp will just continue to allow all the problems with Bg's to continue unchecked.

instead of changing them no-cp, they need to leave the cp part alone and adding a no-premade que, so the game will actually be fun for people who don't want to group with a bunch of strangers in voice comms...

I myself personally have no problem getting into a premade and TS with my guild, but that is not everyones cup of tea, and ungrouped players are not ever going to enjoy BG's when they are repeatedly put up against TS/Discord comms premades over and over again. I don't see why this is so hard for ZOS to understand...they fix things that are not broken, but refuse to fix why BG's has such a low pop.

Add a damn solo only que already! how hard is this to understand.

put a solo only que for BG's and watch numbers quadruple overnight. Folks would love to have a BG que where there are no damn premade teams, it would be a much more enjoyable experience for the majority of your player base...what are you waiting for?

just announce a new no-group Que for BG's in the patch notes, and watch your BG que's be overwhelmed when Dragon Bones drops next month....get it done ZOS! this is your chance to really fix things....
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

• gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    in reality all the change back to No-CP does for Battle Grounds is make Proc Sets BIS again.

Sets like Selene, Valkyn Skoria, etc are super strong in No-CP because there is no CP mitigation to reduce their damage...at 13k+ Skoria tooltip will hit significantly harder in No-CP than it does in CP. Any set that gives free damage will be money in No-CP...Selene will make a huge comeback with a vengeance and will hit like a train.

the key to fixing Battlegrounds has very little to do with CP or No-CP, it has to do with group compositions. They need to leave the CP aspect alone, and instead create a new que.

Que 1- for groups
    Que 2 for non-groups

the main issue in BG's right now is premades dominate, and they dominate against ungrouped players. this is why Bg's have failed, not because of CP or no-CP...changing the game back to no-cp will just continue to allow all the problems with Bg's to continue unchecked.

instead of changing them no-cp, they need to leave the cp part alone and adding a no-premade que, so the game will actually be fun for people who don't want to group with a bunch of strangers in voice comms...

I myself personally have no problem getting into a premade and TS with my guild, but that is not everyones cup of tea, and ungrouped players are not ever going to enjoy BG's when they are repeatedly put up against TS/Discord comms premades over and over again. I don't see why this is so hard for ZOS to understand...they fix things that are not broken, but refuse to fix why BG's has such a low pop.

Add a damn solo only que already! how hard is this to understand.

put a solo only que for BG's and watch numbers quadruple overnight. Folks would love to have a BG que where there are no damn premade teams, it would be a much more enjoyable experience for the majority of your player base...what are you waiting for?

just announce a new no-group Que for BG's in the patch notes, and watch your BG que's be overwhelmed when Dragon Bones drops next month....get it done ZOS! this is your chance to really fix things....

This again.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4v4 team queues instead of 4v4v4... 3 teams os awful... just do 2 teams of 6. Would be so much more fun.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭

This should be the first action to make bg X more populated as now.
    @ZOS_Wrobel , @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Only after this if u have no resourses to make separate 2 queye fore premades and randoms - add later premade grouping, And then cp/non-cp.
    Now its just a cosmetic thing, non-sence in some kinds because main problem is not solved. I don't want to go there as premade and as random. BEcause there's no element of competition.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked CP more. NoCP is just boring.

That said - i´d play more it if there was a real matchmaking system (mmr based) and a destinct solo and grp queue.
    I don´t want to fight groups when i queue alone.
    I don´t want to fight solos when i queue with a group.
    Too many scenarios i don´t want to play to seriously consider bgs as more than a side entertainment for 4 or 5 games a week.
    Edited by Derra on January 8, 2018 5:31PM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

That said - i´d play more it if there was a real matchmaking system (mmr based) and a destinct solo and grp queue.
    Too many scenarios i don´t want to play to seriously consider bgs as more than a side entertainment for 4 or 5 games a week.

How is CP more boring? The pace in noCP is so much faster / enjoyable. It's drawn out zerg warfare in CP rounds running to full 15mins etc
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

How is CP more boring? The pace in noCP is so much faster / enjoyable. It's drawn out zerg warfare in CP rounds running to full 15mins etc

I know the answer is subjective. But I would also like to know simply to get a different perspective.

I too like how the time to kill is shorter. Blocking, dodge rolling, sprinting, healing, shield stacking, and cloaking just eat away at any offense you're trying to maintain. Better players can manage that stuff but it's directly tied into the length of the overall match. I die faster and you die faster. Plus I'm not in a match where every team has 200 points and there's 30 second left on the time limit.
  • Detector
    Detector
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want use my f**king CP in battlegrounds!
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess that´s true for all classes but my main (which happens to be magsorc).

Magsorc in noCP just feels stupid for me because i don´t have worthwhile proccsets (like stamblade) and the class works around burst and it´s heal works around crit and your main defense is a shield - both balanced around cp.
    <Noricum>

• exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    Terrible news, if there is no option for CP battlegrounds.

RIP progression in ESO!

balance >>> progression in any pvp scenario

bye

That's great, but you must have missed the word "option" in my statement. I have no problem with No-CP Battlegrounds, as long as there is an OPTION for CP Battlegrounds.

All ZOS has to do is enable options for both CP and No-CP, and then everyone will be happy.

No. You will be unhappy when your queues are over an hour because your request has effectively severed the potential player base of those interested in playing bgs.
    There are not enough people doing bgs to offer up that kind of "option".

Zos has the data, they reverted back to no cp for a reason.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Not really, I’ve played this game for a while and have earned a right to use my cp, I hope they make two different game modes.

lol you earned the right? the only right you have is that you get to play THEIR game. and they can take the "right" away from you anytime

How so, if I payed for a product that had a system of progression and then two years later they decided that all players new or old share the same progressed level how is that not bs.

Because the system hasnt gone anywhere for starters. Even though that itself is pushing it. You are not entitled to anything beyond what the devs consider better or worse for the game or in this case a very small subset / side feature of the game. They never promised you anything when they told you they were adding cp progression. They never told you "hey dont worry, this system will always be relevant to your gameplay in each and every aspect of the game from here on out".

Its the same frankly ridiculous entitled mindset of players that complain about overperforming sets getting nerfed because they spent time and energy farming for them and wanting compensation.

You pay to play their game, the obligation ends there.
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Detector wrote: »
    I want use my f**king CP in battlegrounds!

And they are telling you that you cant, so...........
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Magsorc in noCP just feels stupid for me because i don´t have worthwhile proccsets (like stamblade) and the class works around burst and it´s heal works around crit and your main defense is a shield - both balanced around cp.

You have mages wrath and implosion, you dont need proc sets. :wink:
  • SugaComa
    SugaComa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    yep
    Some good improvement seems to be coming, I do had hope a new difficulty level was coming up with dungeon DLC but overall the change coming seems to be in line of what the future should hold.

I do wonder about no-cp battleground though, is it going to be back ? I've been avoiding those for a while now that I feel the cancer of cp powercreep have gotten into them :sweat_smile:

Yes. :)

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/4745823#Comment_4745823 here is the topic

Seems you n I were the only two to notice this in the patch notes ... Everyone else has been so focused on other stuff

I don't play battle grounds and I'm excited for it
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natch Potes 3.0.0

"Battlegrounds are once again No-CP for all levels"

100% increase in AP if your team comes in first place, or a new total of 12,000 AP

175% increase in AP if your team comes in second place, or a new total of 11,000 AP

400% increase in AP if your team comes in third place, or a new total of 10,000 AP

I'm happy!
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TY for the explanation @derra, I'm amazes you find that as a MagSorc, it must be a setup thing as I main a MagSorc and felt we dominated in No-CP

CP by its nature favours defence, an my burst is way harder in noCP.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Not really, I’ve played this game for a while and have earned a right to use my cp, I hope they make two different game modes.

lol you earned the right? the only right you have is that you get to play THEIR game. and they can take the "right" away from you anytime

How so, if I payed for a product that had a system of progression and then two years later they decided that all players new or old share the same progressed level how is that not bs.

Because the system hasnt gone anywhere for starters. Even though that itself is pushing it. You are not entitled to anything beyond what the devs consider better or worse for the game or in this case a very small subset / side feature of the game. They never promised you anything when they told you they were adding cp progression. They never told you "hey dont worry, this system will always be relevant to your gameplay in each and every aspect of the game from here on out".

Its the same frankly ridiculous entitled mindset of players that complain about overperforming sets getting nerfed because they spent time and energy farming for them and wanting compensation.

Lol dude no cp has more people because there’s more low levels who don’t want to level and people who don’t know how to play the game. The concept of no cp offers you the option of people not having an advantage over you even though they put more time and effort to achieve a better stat pool or min maxed cp setup for their customized class. Also I don’t know why you try to say we aren’t entitled to anything in this game when from day one we are entitled to start of the code to the end of the code. We are the players, we are the source of their income, we have the finally say not the other way around. I’m starting to think your a low key Zos sub account, no actual gamer in the history of any game would say we aren’t entitled to anything a game provides.
    Edited by zParallaxz on January 13, 2018 12:55PM
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

TY for the explanation @derra, I'm amazes you find that as a MagSorc, it must be a setup thing as I main a MagSorc and felt we dominated in No-CP

Well it should not against a player with a setup optimised for nonCP.

CP give you more dmg than they provide defense generally speaking as you can´t cover critdmg + flat dmg reductions to the same extend as you can optimise for dmg.
    You also loose 12% crit flat.
    <Noricum>

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »

Lol dude no cp has more people because there’s more low levels who don’t want to level and people who don’t know how to play the game. The concept of no cp offers you the option of people not having an advantage over you even though they put more time and effort to achieve a better stat pool or min maxed cp setup for their customized class. Also I don’t know why you try to say we aren’t entitled to anything in this game when from day one we are entitled to start of the code to the end of the code. We are the players, we are the source of their income, we have the finally say not the other way around. I’m starting to think your a low key Zos sub account, no actual gamer in the history of any game would say we aren’t entitled to anything a game provides.

Except we all signed the TOS which says we aren't actually entitled to anything. Those TOS are basically a long list of us agreeing to let ZOS make the decisions for the game, including things like downtime and fixing major problems with playability and laying out what (few) options we have for redress under very specific services. When One Tamriel and the major Morrowind sustain issues dropped, people complained, but under the TOS, ZOS can do whatever they want with the game design.

So the TOS absolutely allows ZOS to make decisions about CP and No CP content, or even to throw out CP entirely or to grant all new players 690 CP from the start screen if they want to, continue adding to the CP cap like they've been doing or make all PVP CP-enabled or all PVP No CP. We all signed it, therefore we aren't actually entitled to do anything other than complain about it, like vet rank players complaining abut losing vet ranks before One Tamriel.

If we don't like the direction the game is going, the only thing we are actually entitled to do is to vote with our feet.
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am stoked also. I know there are good low CP players. Without matching CP you wouldn't know.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    I think I've got over myself with noCP change, and started to adapt my toons to this playstyle. The truth is, we have no other option to play PvP in this game, because Cryo is a turn based strategy nowadays, and IC got overridden with TV farming zergs because of the new storage system. Atleast the rewards worth it, because in every 10 runs you can buy a motif that worth 40K+ in the stores.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

CP give you more dmg than they provide defense generally speaking as you can´t cover critdmg + flat dmg reductions to the same extend as you can optimise for dmg.

Sorry I disagree, it's been worked thru on many threads before CP favors defense.

If it doesn't why has pace slowed since CP arrived? Why all the tanky players stretching games to full 15minutes. If offence increased in CP games would be shorter.

The proof is in the pudding. In noCP I actually ran a more defensive setup and still burnt people as a MSorc.

Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am stoked also. I know there are good low CP players. Without matching CP you wouldn't know.

Spot on, I know at least 3 players who were regular top ten with 200-400CP before the change who left, and that's just mates there were many more.

For pace / play style in BG noCP is better
    This test has proven for population noCP is better.
    Gd work zos
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Alts - - for the Lolz

Xbox One | NA | EP
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry I disagree, it's been worked thru on many threads before CP favors defense.

If it doesn't why has pace slowed since CP arrived? Why all the tanky players stretching games to full 15minutes. If offence increased in CP games would be shorter.

The proof is in the pudding. In noCP I actually ran a more defensive setup and still burnt people as a MSorc.

No - what´s been worked through in many threads is that CP give you the choice to favor defense or offense.
    CP do not flatout favor defense. They give you the option to favor defense at the cost of offense.

The problem for BGs is that it´s actually favorable to do that in all game modes as staying alive is generally more awared than scoring kills.

If you´re really into getting the math broken down for sorc and why that classes offense increases vastly with CP you can shoot my a pm and i´ll explain it to you.

If you killed ppl on sorc in nonCP (especially if you were able to burst them) - i´m sorry you´ve been mashing potatos and that should never be a benchmark.
    <Noricum>

• Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭

Spot on, I know at least 3 players who were regular top ten with 200-400CP before the change who left, and that's just mates there were many more.

Gd work zos

Agreed. Non-CP BGs were better than CP BGs when it came to fair play, that is a fact. Seeing as ZOS forced the change to CP to appeal to more players and it predictably FAILED like we said it would (because it imported the cancer builds and problems from CP Cyrodiil while screwing low CP players) so now they are backtracking to Non-CP....

We Told You So ZOS.

You really want to "fix" BGs (i.e. appeal to more players), well we also told you to up the AP received. I'm glad to see youre doing that, finally. You could also add battleground seasons with more meaningful rankings and rewards, like special gear (monster sets) and limited titles for top competitors (think WOW, they already figured this out). Heck, we'd even settle for stupid skins and outfits. The pre-made thing, honestly I don't feel it was a problem when BGs were non-CP.
    Edited by Riggsy on January 21, 2018 5:44AM
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Riggsy wrote: »

Gd work zos

Agreed. Non-CP BGs were better than CP BGs when it came to fair play, that is a fact. Seeing as ZOS forced the change to CP to appeal to more players and it predictably FAILED like we said it would (because it imported the cancer builds and problems from CP Cyrodiil while screwing low CP players) so now they are backtracking to Non-CP....

We Told You So ZOS.

You really want to "fix" BGs (i.e. appeal to more players), well we also told you to up the AP received. I'm glad to see youre doing that, finally. You could also add battleground seasons with more meaningful rankings and rewards, like special gear (monster sets) and limited titles for top competitors (think WOW, they already figured this out). Heck, we'd even settle for stupid skins and outfits. The pre-made thing, honestly I don't feel it was a problem when BGs were non-CP.

Pre-mades were still a problem before CP Battlegrounds, yes. You could tell the groups that had four experienced No CP PVPers in their proc set glory. They were slightly more killable than the CP premades, but they were still annoying and made it hard for me to want to come back to Battlegrounds after I got my Star-Made Knight title.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZoS has the data, no CP had more action.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »

Anyone who plays BGs on PC EU knows that isn't the case on our platform. the population difference is hugely in favor of CP BGs. I am saying this as a noCP-Supporter.

ZOS is not known for making surgical changes to platforms indiviually. ZOS is doing what they always do, looking at PC NA data and ignoring the rest for simplicity reasons. There is a reason they won't provide data. Cause the data they have received is not consistent across all platforms and they don't want to justify that they, again, based their decision solely on PC NA and give a big middlefinger to the rest.
    Edited by Mojomonkeyman on January 22, 2018 10:26AM
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Anyone who plays BGs on PC EU knows that isn't the case on our platform. the population difference is hugely in favor of CP BGs. I am saying this as a noCP-Supporter.

ZOS is not known for making surgical changes to platforms indiviually. ZOS is doing what they always do, looking at PC NA data and ignoring the rest for simplicity reasons. There is a reason they won't provide data. Cause the data they have received is not consistent across all platforms and they don't want to justify that they, again, based their decision solely on PC NA and give a big middlefinger to the rest.

Well I play on EU but our whole guild is not playing anymore since its CP.

We gave it a try but dont find it fun anymore so stopped and went back into cyrodill.

I am excited to see no cp BG coming back.
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »

Well I play on EU but our whole guild is not playing anymore since its CP.

We gave it a try but dont find it fun anymore so stopped and went back into cyrodill.

I am excited to see no cp BG coming back.

Me, too. Wholeheartedly. But I didn't stop playing when CP-BGs launched, I continued. I play pretty much BGs only. And believe me, the overall population in BGs is now multiple times larger than it was in noCP, unfortunately. I'm not talking about quality of play, I am just comparing the population.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy