Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 16:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 18, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

CURRENT STATE OF GATHERING MATS IN ESO

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »

That's news to me, the low level mats constantly sell for me. Sure they don't sell for a lot, but they always sell.

Without being subbed, I have to keep selling off my low level mats from writs just so I don't have to play inventory management games.

That’s certainly your prerogative to take up trader slots with refined mats which sell for 5-7g per piece.

I’d rather sell things that make more of a profit.
  • Earelith
    Earelith
    ✭✭✭
    Locking materials on player skill level instead of zone is stupid imo.. is like they couldnt bother find a good solution...

As someone who likes leveling alts, this system is terrible... why cant certain zones have certain materials? If you think that top tier materials are low then increase spawn rate, dont put top tier mats on all zones...
  • Raiva172
    Raiva172
    ✭✭
    SUGGESTION
    I've found one issue that the daily crafting writs do NOT help with at all.

The Enchanting writs never give any runes!! I recently had to buy some of the Potency runes for level 30 and those aren't cheap in the guild stores. To make a full set of gear, you need 9 of these potency runes and they cost from 150 to 200 gold each in the stores.

I have to wonder why the daily crafting writs don't provide any runes and especially the Potency ones which, again, I can no longer gather myself.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raiva172 wrote: »
    SUGGESTION

The Enchanting writs never give any runes!! I recently had to buy some of the Potency runes for level 30 and those aren't cheap in the guild stores. To make a full set of gear, you need 9 of these potency runes and they cost from 150 to 200 gold each in the stores.

I have to wonder why the daily crafting writs don't provide any runes and especially the Potency ones which, again, I can no longer gather myself.

That is true. Low level runes can actually cost more than top tier ones because no one sells them lol, found that out trying to level enchanting on an alt XD However...how often/how much do you legit need those runes? You outlevel lowbie gear SO fast that wasting mats on full 12+(7 gear+2 weapons+3 jewelry) enchantments just seems way overkill. Any character of that level that feels they do need those runes can just go farm some, should take like 10 minutes(? may be wrong in that estimation but can't imagine it'd be long. Heck should already have them from just running around randomly picking stuff, most of the time...) as you only need 1 per piece of gear at most.

It is an issue, but it's a minor one. I suppose they could make writs drop lowbie runes as well, I have so many high tier ones I wouldn't care, would just vendor/destroy lowbie ones I got if wasn't subbed.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SUGGESTION

Because unlike the other materials, you can buy those from a vendor. Wildly overpriced, probably, but they are available to all levels in the game. Or you can farm them like every other material.

I wouldn't have a problem with them dropping lower level runes, but I suspect that ZOS didn't think about it because you can just buy whatever you need from an NPC vendor.
    Edited by VaranisArano on January 20, 2018 11:14PM
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feric51 wrote: »
    Going back to the original post...

Wouldn't this have the same problem they had before, where only people with the Orsinium DLC could farm the CP150+ mats?

It's been awhile, but I'm pretty sure you could find CP150 nodes in Craglorn (base game).

No you had to go to cyrodill if you didn't own the dlcs. I do not want to go back to the way it was. Ever!!
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Low level potency runes are available from the enchanter NPC vendor and they are not expensive. They cost a few dozen to maybe a couple of hundred gold. Only the CP150-160 ones are expensive at the enchanter, I think 1-2K but you can find those literally everywhere. I know because I buy the low ones from time to time to translate them on chars I plan on starting doing the rafting writs. Having all runes translated increases the chances of getting master writs.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Raiva172
    Raiva172
    ✭✭
    My main point here is to suggest that the daily writs also give runes. After all, runes ARE the mats for enchanting and I don't understand why all the other writs give mats (and, as pointed out numerous times to me, LOW level mats) and the Enchanting writs don't.

Since many people here are telling me to get my low level mats from doing the daily writs, then I'd like to have a chance of getting low level Potency runes that I have NO chance of gathering myself, also.

I don't think this is an unreasonable suggestion.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main point here is to suggest that the daily writs also give runes. After all, runes ARE the mats for enchanting and I don't understand why all the other writs give mats (and, as pointed out numerous times to me, LOW level mats) and the Enchanting writs don't.

Since many people here are telling me to get my low level mats from doing the daily writs, then I'd like to have a chance of getting low level Potency runes that I have NO chance of gathering myself, also.

Its a fine suggestion. Its just that even if you have no chance at gathering them yourself, you can buy those low level runes from any NPC Enchanter vendor at any time. So whereas the only source for low level woodworking, clothing, and blacksmithing writs is writ rewards + guild stores, the source for low level potency runes in NPC enchanter vendors + guild stores. So its a fine suggestion, but its not like you have NO chance of getting those runes. You do. Buy them from an enchanter no matter your level.
  • Pheefs
    Pheefs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many people enjoy gathering and crafting for friends/guildmates as I do.
    its the "gathering" part you have to give up on!
    & make your friends/guildies bring their own materials.

If having your own stacks of lower level materials are important, support the player market & buy them from Guild Traders.
    { Forums are Weird........................ Nerfy nerfing nerf nerfers, buff you b'netches!....................... Popcorn popcorn! }
  • Raiva172
    Raiva172
    ✭✭

Its a fine suggestion. Its just that even if you have no chance at gathering them yourself, you can buy those low level runes from any NPC Enchanter vendor at any time. So whereas the only source for low level woodworking, clothing, and blacksmithing writs is writ rewards + guild stores, the source for low level potency runes in NPC enchanter vendors + guild stores. So its a fine suggestion, but its not like you have NO chance of getting those runes. You do. Buy them from an enchanter no matter your level.

Saying it's a 'fine suggestion' and then going into the options to buy them isn't terribly helpful IMO. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate being told to 'just buy' everything you need. LOL

A lot of people have pointed out to me that I am able to get the lower level mats I require from doing daily writs and I've been doing those in order to get those mats.

I happened to notice that Enchanting writs do NOT give any mats at all and this is why I suggested this would be a good idea.
    It appears that some people just want to shoot down any and all suggestions for even small changes - ones that don't even affect them negatively in any way.

• Raiva172
    Raiva172
    ✭✭
    Pheefs wrote: »
    Many people enjoy gathering and crafting for friends/guildmates as I do.
    its the "gathering" part you have to give up on!
    & make your friends/guildies bring their own materials.

If having your own stacks of lower level materials are important, support the player market & buy them from Guild Traders.

Does anyone actually READ posts??

I did not say I want to 'gather' the lower level Potency runes anywhere in that post, Pheefs.

I made a suggestion that the daily Enchanting Writs should also include lower level (Potency) runes (after all the runes ARE enchanting mats, are they not??) just as Blacksmithing writs give lower level ores, Clothing writs give lower level cloth or hide and Woodworking writs give lower lever wood. This isn't rocket science.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Saying it's a 'fine suggestion' and then going into the options to buy them isn't terribly helpful IMO. I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate being told to 'just buy' everything you need. LOL

A lot of people have pointed out to me that I am able to get the lower level mats I require from doing daily writs and I've been doing those in order to get those mats.

I happened to notice that Enchanting writs do NOT give any mats at all and this is why I suggested this would be a good idea.
    It appears that some people just want to shoot down any and all suggestions for even small changes - ones that don't even affect them negatively in any way.

I...whatever. We're clearly talking at cross purposes again.

I think your suggestion for adding low-level potency runes is a fine suggestion. I like it. I don't see why it couldn't/shouldn't be added.

However, apparently, by pointing out that unlike the blacksmithing, woodworking, or clothing materials there is ALREADY a non-writ, non-guild store method to get low-level potency runes, I'm telling you to "just buy" everything that you need.

I guess I am. Unlike blacksmithing, woodworking and clothing where your game options are "Do writs or buy from guild stores", for enchanting your options are "Buy from an NPC at any level at any time or buy from guild stores."That's how it currently works in game. Until it changes, perhaps based on your good suggestion, your only options are to buy from an NPC or to buy from a guild store. If that's not helpful, sorry.

You may not like those options. I'm just pointing out that you HAVE those options because you keep not mentioning the option you have to buy low-level runes from an NPC. Its not that I don't like your idea, its that I'm trying to properly point out your actual available options right now as a crafter looking to make lower level runes.

• Raiva172
    Raiva172
    ✭✭

I...whatever. We're clearly talking at cross purposes again.

I think your suggestion for adding low-level potency runes is a fine suggestion. I like it. I don't see why it couldn't/shouldn't be added.

However, apparently, by pointing out that unlike the blacksmithing, woodworking, or clothing materials there is ALREADY a non-writ, non-guild store method to get low-level potency runes, I'm telling you to "just buy" everything that you need.

I guess I am. Unlike blacksmithing, woodworking and clothing where your game options are "Do writs or buy from guild stores", for enchanting your options are "Buy from an NPC at any level at any time or buy from guild stores."That's how it currently works in game. Until it changes, perhaps based on your good suggestion, your only options are to buy from an NPC or to buy from a guild store. If that's not helpful, sorry.

You may not like those options. I'm just pointing out that you HAVE those options because you keep not mentioning the option you have to buy low-level runes from an NPC. Its not that I don't like your idea, its that I'm trying to properly point out your actual available options right now as a crafter looking to make lower level runes.

[/quote]

Actually, Varanis, I should have thanked you for informing me about the option of buying the lower level Potency runes from the Enchanting NPCs. I didn't realize they sold them and your information does help, so I am sorry I didn't acknowledge that and I do 'thank you' for that info.

I probably should take a 'step back' from posting here, because I'm starting to feel that some (biased) people merely want to poke holes in any and all suggestions I make, rather than really looking at the merit of the suggestion. I should step back, however; I likely won't - I will continue to post suggestions on how to improve those aspects of the game that matter to me.

• Alamakot
    Alamakot
    ✭✭✭
    I like the idea :)
    "you received shipment of 25 Odra runes"
    Luckily I have eso+ and crafting bag...

I must say, I really do not know, why you have problems with low level matherials. I have between 1.5 -2k of any kind continuously in my bag. From time to time try to sell a stack of 100 of something for 700-900g and this stack lay at trader (and this is not location "at the end of the map" -my guilds are located in Wayrest, Mournhold and Hollow City) for 2-3 weeks; almost nobody wants to buy. The reason is simple -most of craft is endgame gear/weapons. Sometimes a guildmate is asking for lvl 10-16 training set, as he/she is creating new toon. Very rarely some gear for lvl 25-45, impen, for mates who enjoy low lvl pvp. During past 6 months I crafted ONLY ONCE CP60 stuff. For guy who -playing completely alone- reached this level and then joined our guild. He was wearing random crap from levels 30 - CP50, so i gifted him with full blue hundings. Why not - I also like to help people.

But I hope ZOS will not take seriously your ridiculous (this word been used in this thread many times, so I'll do it again ;) ) suggestion to step back and retake zone leveled loot of raw matherials

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, Varanis, I should have thanked you for informing me about the option of buying the lower level Potency runes from the Enchanting NPCs. I didn't realize they sold them and your information does help, so I am sorry I didn't acknowledge that and I do 'thank you' for that info.

I probably should take a 'step back' from posting here, because I'm starting to feel that some (biased) people merely want to poke holes in any and all suggestions I make, rather than really looking at the merit of the suggestion. I should step back, however; I likely won't - I will continue to post suggestions on how to improve those aspects of the game that matter to me.

By all means, keep posting your suggestions! Now that you pointed it out, I do think that enchanting writs should include the lower level potency runes - I simply hadn't thought about it. I wonder if alchemy writs should include lower level solvents and waters since I don't think there's any way to obtain those except for guild stores.

• Raiva172
    Raiva172
    ✭✭
    [/quote]

By all means, keep posting your suggestions! Now that you pointed it out, I do think that enchanting writs should include the lower level potency runes - I simply hadn't thought about it. I wonder if alchemy writs should include lower level solvents and waters since I don't think there's any way to obtain those except for guild stores.

[/quote]

Thank you for the support Varanis and now that YOU mention it, I did also think about the waters for Alchemy but was afraid to mention those. LOL

Provisioning is a different craft because there are no levelled mats that are gathered (that I'm aware of).

All the others have some mat that has an imposed level designation and it would be nice to acquire them through daily writs.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adding yet more low level mats as reward for doing writs will drown unsubbed people in junk. I'm looking at my craft bag and seeing 2K+ void steel, sanded ash, leather, cotton etc. Then I check the MM statistic, and from very few sales the average price for those is 5-7 gold. Vendoring them is 4 gold. So they are junk. I wish they were fewer such "rewards".

You only need a fer dozen of each type and tier to make training gear for a leveling character. About as much as I get in a day doing writs. And I haven't crafted training gear in ages since I reuse it when leveling a new character. Most of it was crafted 2 years ago.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |