Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Getting Kicked Constantly

WildRaptorX
WildRaptorX
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi, I’ve been trying to fulfill the undaunted pledges and complete the two dungeon DLCs but I rarely get to completed the pledges and since the release of the 4 new dungeons, I have not been able to complete any. For some reason, as soon as we pressed ‘Ready To Start’ and load into the dungeon I normally get kicked (especially in the DLC dungeons). Can someone tell me why I keep getting kicked please? I’m a champion 400 and something and I am a DPS (mainly) but I do use heals aswell as I am a Warden.
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear...okay, let's start from the start. First, it doesn't sound like you have a lot of experience with dungeons, but it sounds like you're queueing for veteran versions? (Please correct me if I understood that wrong) Have you completed those dungeons on normal? Veteran dungeons, especially dlc ones, can prove quite challenging, especially with a pug.

On normal, kicking pretty much anyone is just being a jerk over nothing. On vet, there could be valid reason for kicking, although most of them you would not see til after first pull or something. Of the obvious culprits...what is your health at? You need 17-19k in vet dungeons. Next, by "mainly dps" you mean you are queueing as a dps? What weapons are you using? Do you know what your dps is at?

You might just be getting kicked for "low cp"(although 400 is plenty enough for anything in the game) but let's clear the other possible culprits first - and ensure you are indeed ready for vet dlc dungeons ;)
  • WildRaptorX
    WildRaptorX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it is vet dungeons and I don’t know my DPS as I don’t know how to calculate it but I’ve got like 2.2k weapon damage and 50% crit and I eat max health food (my provisioning is only 30 and so I don’t have good recipes)which boots me to around 25/26k health. To be honest I don’t have the best sets etc because I don’t have time to grind for gear/I don’t have much knowledge on locations and yeah I’m not expirenced with dungeons but I need to play the dungeons in order to learn and I just really want the falkreath monster helm
  • Amadis001
    Amadis001
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't know why you're getting kicked. Most PUGs would not inst-kick a CP400 player. But I agree with the advice that you familiarize yourself with the basic mechanics of any given dungeon by running it on normal a couple of times so that you are prepared to hold your own in the Vet dungeon and will at least look like you know what you're doing. But more importantly: you can ask in chat for people who want to join you for vet dailies and skip the dungeon finder altogether. People who you invite are not likely to kick you. Also, you can join a PvE guild, and ask in guild chat for people to run the dailies with you. You'll learn a lot from those sorts of players, and stand a better chance of routinely succeeding in the dungeons than with a PUG.
    // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oooookay. So while I personally would not attempt a kick til after first pull/boss, here are a few things:

1)25k is a lot more health than a dps needs. This one its own is a dead giveaway you are a suboptimal dps - if nothing else, just because you have less stamina and therefore less damage than you could. To avoid oneshots, 17-19k, maybe 20k if you're unsure, is more than enough. Everything else goes into stamina(given it sounds like you're stamina dps). You need either blue max health+max stam food or the purple Camoran Throne or whatever it's called max health+max stam+stam regen food. You can buy them at guildtraders if you cannot craft them yourself yet(though provisioning is really fast to level, just make the highest level recipe you have over and over again).

2)while I don't know much about stam builds, 2.2k weapon damage sounds awfully low. I can easily get more SPELLdamage than that, and you can stack weapon damage wayyyy higher. You should be able to get more than that with some easy crafted+open world dropped sets combo. If nothing else, go something like 5 Hunding's Rage(craftable)+3-4 Night Mother's Gaze(also craftable)+3 Agility jewelry(can buy at guildtraders for like less than 5k on pc right now, you'll want Robust or Healthy traits - Healthy is possible if you aren't hitting that 17-20k health benchmark with food). You'll want to enchant your jewelry with weapon damage(although I suppose a stam regen enchant or two is possible if you find yourself struggling with sustain) and all your armor with stamina(can enchant a few pieces with health as well, again if you need more health to hit the 17-20k-ish health benchmark with food). You want to be using DW/bow for weapons. For details on rotations and other good stuff such as CP distribution you can check out something like Alcast's site - you can find guides for all classes there. He provides beginner gear and ~cp 300 optimal cp distribution along with endgame ones. Do keep in mind his rotations are for endgame optimised groups so you may have to swap something in and out but that's a start.

3)are you on pc or console? On console, you'll have to find a target dummy to test your dps. You can make one/buy one to put it in your home(but this can be quite pricey), find a friend that'd let you use his or join a guild that has one in their guildhall, a lot of guilds do. On pc, in addition to target dummies you could use an addon, for example CombatMetrics gives you a very detailed report of the damage you do. Though to be fair, with 2k weapon damage your dps would likely be very low.

4, final and most important) Sorry to say that, but it definitely sounds like you are NOT ready for vet dlc dungeons. They have complicated mechanics and they have dps checks which, while not overly extreme, would be very hard to pass with 2k weapon damage. This means at this point you're basically looking for a group to carry you. Don't do that - most people don't like carrying, definitely not in vet dlc dungeons. You can do better than that ;) Try to improve your build some and try again once you can confidently hit at least 15k dps. I would recommend you do normals first(definitely do normals before vets), then try easier vet dungeons such as dungeons I, then proceed to no number ones such as Arx Corinium, then to versions II and THEN dlc dungeons. That's not a set in stone order, just sorted by the level of difficulty.

I would also recommend joining a friendly PvE guild to be able to run with people who'd at least explain what's wrong instead of straightout kicking. Also, pugging vet dlc dungeons can be very painful even when you are pulling your weight since some mechanics require good coordination and teamwork and pugs don't usually have patience for that - so a guild is recommended regardless.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keylun wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why I keep getting kicked please? I’m a champion 400 and something and I am a DPS (mainly) but I do use heals aswell as I am a Warden.

Magdalina covered the mechanics very well and you should heed that advice.

However, I have bolded the two parts that are probably getting you kicked before you get a chance. Wardens are not known for their DPS in PvE. This can cause issues with Vet Dungeons as most of them have DPS Checks (meaning a mechanic that if you don't burn the boss down in time, you have deal with brutal mechanics that will wipe your group)

Wardens are great at Solo DPS as you can heal your self and take as much time as you need to win.

So, make your Warden a Healer and then roll another class like a Sorcerer for the DPS roles. Build up your Sorcerer while your being a Healer on your Warden.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Can someone tell me why I keep getting kicked please? I’m a champion 400 and something and I am a DPS (mainly) but I do use heals aswell as I am a Warden.

However, I have bolded the two parts that are probably getting you kicked before you get a chance. Wardens are not known for their DPS in PvE. This can cause issues with Vet Dungeons as most of them have DPS Checks (meaning a mechanic that if you don't burn the boss down in time, you have deal with brutal mechanics that will wipe your group)

Wardens are great at Solo DPS as you can heal your self and take as much time as you need to win.

So, make your Warden a Healer and then roll another class like a Sorcerer for the DPS roles. Build up your Sorcerer while your being a Healer on your Warden.

While admittedly I don't have a Warden, I'm fairly sure any class can pull the maybe 20k dps needed to do all vet dlc dungeons on hm even. Also I think stamwardens are pretty strong, it's just the magicka that's underperforming?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I absolutely agree that you should build and queue for dungeons as a healer, and not try as a DPS until you have substantial experience healing.

Vaults of Madness is a surprisingly easy dungeon, so getting Worm Cult gear isn't too hard.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magdalina wrote: »

While admittedly I don't have a Warden, I'm fairly sure any class can pull the maybe 20k dps needed to do all vet dlc dungeons on hm even. Also I think stamwardens are pretty strong, it's just the magicka that's underperforming?

Think of Magic Wardens like Stamina Night Blades, both can be devastating, but have to be played just right. Where the polar opposite is like easy mode. So, a lot of Pugs would have the assumption that the MagWarden is not going to carry them.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm fairly sure any class can pull the maybe 20k dps

That's not so easy for somebody with newbish player skill and dubious gear.
  • Horowonnoe
    Horowonnoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah it is vet dungeons and I don’t know my DPS as I don’t know how to calculate it but I’ve got like 2.2k weapon damage and 50% crit and I eat max health food (my provisioning is only 30 and so I don’t have good recipes)which boots me to around 25/26k health. To be honest I don’t have the best sets etc because I don’t have time to grind for gear/I don’t have much knowledge on locations and yeah I’m not expirenced with dungeons but I need to play the dungeons in order to learn and I just really want the falkreath monster helm

Also - you don't really need the helm from that dungeon. For a stamina beginner player, Kragh's or Selene's is a much better choice.
    PC / NA
    Templar Healer "False Eye"
    Sorc Healer "Potema the Wolf Queen"
    Warden Healer "Heavy Attacks Online"
    Magicka Nightblade DPS "Nephaleth Telvanni"
    Dragonknight Tank "Nico's Facsimile"

Builds & Guides:
    Horow's Templar Healer Guide for Trials (Murkmire updated)
    How to get Felms to jump correctly in vAS HM?
    Horow's vMA Magicka Sorc Build for beginners and lazy farmers
    Horow's Magicka Sorc Triple Pet Heavy Attack Build - Summerset Isles Ready
    More builds at anthem-guild.com/pve/.

Notable Achievements:
    - World's first 18 Axes vAA clear
    - World's first 20+ enrage stack Llothis in vAS HM and World record cone damage
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm fairly sure any class can pull the maybe 20k dps

That's not so easy for somebody with newbish player skill and dubious gear.

Absolutely, however this would be true for any class. Meanwhile, I think we may have scared OP away :D
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Some people are just mean. Take your warden to cyrodil and have your revenge
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

@Magdalina All classes should be fine in Vet dungeons, though Mag Warden will slack a bit in the toughest Vet dungeons (aka HotR and SotH dlc dungeons). Absolutely not something to kick a player over though :/

For DPS it’s safe to say that Magicka Warden is the only severely underperforming class. Still, there shouldn’t be criticism over them in DLC dungeons. Stamina Warden isn’t as high in DPS as other Stamina setups yet they’re close and still very good with the added utility from Subterranean Assault AoE armor debuffs.

Even as a fully fledged Frost Mage Mag Warden I could pull over 20K without Ele Drain lol
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recommend crafting CP160 Hunding’s Rage boots, pants, belt, gloves, and chest. All Divines. All Medium Armor. Any style you like lol. Upgrade it all to purple-quality, and eventually gold-quality when possible.

Afterwards, it will be highly beneficial to craft temporary great items meaning - CP160 Night Mother’s Gaze shoulder, helm, dual daggers, and a bow. Keep all at purple-quality.

Lastly, buy some cheap Robust or Healthy purple-quality Agility set jewelry. It is very cheap.... think 500g-5000g per piece of jewelry.

Your Hunding’s Rage set armor needs all gold-quality Stamina enchants. Night Mother’s Gaze enchants should be purple. Your jewelry needs all purple-quality Weapon Damage enchants. The Nirnhoned mainhand dagger needs a purple-quality Poison Damage enchant and the Infused offhand dagger needs a purple-quality Beserk (Weapon dmg buff) enchant. Nirnhoned Bow needs a purple-quality Disease Damage enchant. Use Max Health/Max Stam or Max Health/Max Stam/Stam Recovery food.

Hunding’s Rage will always be the all-around #1 Stamina set for PvE. Having this craftable set in gold-quality will help you tremendously as a Stamina DPS.
    Edited by Vaoh on January 4, 2018 1:40AM