The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka Nightblade PvP build for CWC

• Kode
    Kode
    ✭✭✭
    I have a couple melee magblade builds, I just feel like there is too much of a loss in heavy attack for burst and light attack weaves. It is fun, but even with Assassins Will and Incap, you are going to be hard pressed to burst down some sorcs and DK's
    Kode Darkstar, Aldmeri Dominion
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kode wrote: »
    I have a couple melee magblade builds, I just feel like there is too much of a loss in heavy attack for burst and light attack weaves. It is fun, but even with Assassins Will and Incap, you are going to be hard pressed to burst down some sorcs and DK's

I do agree, but when you can pick your targets, is that an issue?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kode wrote: »
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    I'll chase you down & block cast sap, or continue my rotation in your face!

I'm not following you here. Why would you block cast sap against a melee. You are going to be out of stamina quick, and they still will have only taken a few sap essense hits in the meantime... which most stamina builds can easily outheal.

Don't underestimate how hard my sap can crit for with 55% crit, 12k pen, 60 points into cp increase crit dmg, scathing proc'd to over 3k sp dmg, grothdar proc'ing, & God forbid I have an ultimate up too
    You will be caught off guard if you either underestimate or don't see it coming.
    I don't need to cast sap many times but if you're dps'ing me & im dps'ing you & we have the same dmg, yet I'm block casting, I will mitigate more of your dmg than you do mine, & you will die first; happened many times against many people.
    All you need is a tripot or a fear to get them off you (reset fight or finalize kill) if your stam sustain is low
    Edited by kaithuzar on January 3, 2018 1:39AM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    Glad a few people commented on mistform. Was left here yesterday trying to defend it and retreating maneuver vs a couple mouth breathers.

Maybe you have a good reason for running retreating maneuvers, maybe you duo with a non-vamp magicka templar who needs help with mobility, I dunno your reason for suggesting a ~8k costing skill over a ~2.5k costing skill to aid you in combating snares that are usually reapplied as soon as immunity wears off

Melee mageblade is easily one of the most difficult playstyles in this game for PvP. I don't pretend it's better than destro/resto, but as a former mageblade main I am always down to theorycraft and help others who have chosen this difficult path. Since imo melee is how MNB's were originally designed to operate, and when it was more viable, it was a ton of fun. I miss those 10k+ concealed weapons thru dodge roll... no impale needed, concealed was our execute

TL;DR - Melee mageblade is for masochists but I'm here for all of you <3

I was referring to retreating in terms of open World on a gankblade. If you have used it on a gankblade then you will understand what I like about it. You use it like it says RETREAT lol, on the gankblade you're not dueling many people because you don't have the sustain. With retreating you can pop it and Cloak out through pretty much anything with that concealed stealth speed. Talking like run through sorc hurricane and Cloak not break fast.
    Edited by Datthaw on January 3, 2018 12:27PM
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Instead I just keep a certain pot handy, imov + speed+ stam
    Really good for when you're out of stam & about to die to the 3 or more guys trying to beat on you.

Pop one of those & you're out easy style
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • StayAlfresco
    StayAlfresco
    ✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    Glad a few people commented on mistform. Was left here yesterday trying to defend it and retreating maneuver vs a couple mouth breathers.

Maybe you have a good reason for running retreating maneuvers, maybe you duo with a non-vamp magicka templar who needs help with mobility, I dunno your reason for suggesting a ~8k costing skill over a ~2.5k costing skill to aid you in combating snares that are usually reapplied as soon as immunity wears off

Melee mageblade is easily one of the most difficult playstyles in this game for PvP. I don't pretend it's better than destro/resto, but as a former mageblade main I am always down to theorycraft and help others who have chosen this difficult path. Since imo melee is how MNB's were originally designed to operate, and when it was more viable, it was a ton of fun. I miss those 10k+ concealed weapons thru dodge roll... no impale needed, concealed was our execute

2h melee mageblade is a monster open world. You may struggle killing top tier players unless you’re just as skilled but the kiting from Forward momentum, cloak, cripple and (when it worked) shade means that you simply cannot be pinned down. Both destro/resto and dw are superior for duels but solely for solo open world I think 2h is competitive with them because the mobility is very strong

Can confirm. 2h mageblade for open world is actually insane. I've been running a 2h set up for close to three months, and, for solo open world, I couldn't see myself running a different playstyle. I love it!

What set up do you run on your 2h build @Lexxypwns
  • teladoy
    teladoy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How you got stun with javelin 2 times in less than 7 seconds?
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I am still melee magblade when there is low lag, else I do switch to ranged because with lag melee magblade is near impossible to play.

Currently as melee magblade I wear 5*warmaiden, 5*julianos and 2*skoria.

If you pick your targets well it is major fun. Unless the recuperate to quick and the major shields or uber-heals take place. then it's run away time.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add me @Chelo In game for duels...
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

2h melee mageblade is a monster open world. You may struggle killing top tier players unless you’re just as skilled but the kiting from Forward momentum, cloak, cripple and (when it worked) shade means that you simply cannot be pinned down. Both destro/resto and dw are superior for duels but solely for solo open world I think 2h is competitive with them because the mobility is very strong

Can confirm. 2h mageblade for open world is actually insane. I've been running a 2h set up for close to three months, and, for solo open world, I couldn't see myself running a different playstyle. I love it!

What set up do you run on your 2h build @Lexxypwns

When shade works: 5 necro 5 amber 1 domi. Without shade I haven’t found a setup I’m really happy with but I just sub a viable damage set in place of Necro
  • leem1988
    leem1988
    ✭✭✭
    What's the best race for magblade? High Elf, or Argonian?
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    leem1988 wrote: »
    What's the best race for magblade? High Elf, or Argonian?

Darkelf or Argonian. first one biggest dps, second best resourses management.
    In the middle between them by bonus to damage and resourses balance are High elf and Breton.
    Not really important if u going only pvp.
    If u want some hard pve also min/max etc - definitely it should be Danmer
    @Anethum from .ua