The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

After permablock gets nerfed any chance of restoring what made heavy unique?

ak_pvp
ak_pvp
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Yes we had a tank meta, but that was more due to the state of block being rather easy, med armour being bad, and DKs/Templars having limited other defenses. The blanket nerfs that were put in place hardly affected those who built to the meta, and instead hit those who didn't harder. This is why I propose:

Restore wrath and unnerf constitution. The 200 wp/sp and regen DIDN'T create, (and the removal of which didn't remove) the tank meta. It instead allowed players some small bonuses when under constant fire. Yeah, can we please get that back, hell even take away the heavy attack restore, something that PvE tanks can't use, maybe even slightly lower the resistances, PvE tanks never stack full and heavily depend on blocking, extra regen would help.
MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
Best houseknight EU.
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    No.

OK then, I'll go to my room.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    If only they gave dk and templar reliable defenses and forms of mobility rather than misting around a tree trying to fight a group of players. Then heavy wouldnt be needed. I think I'm dreaming at this point tbh.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How about actually making Dks good again?
    You know, make them a real class and not a guard npc.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 28, 2017 12:54PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Time to delete your dragon knights.

Light armour DK with destro/resto or Fire destro/Lightning destro is incredibly strong.

Even with more block nerfs, I reckon my LA permablock DK will still be able to block a long time. I'll just have to be more selective. I may even have to dabble into Bloodthorn.

To the OP, Heavy armour is perfectly fine the way it is, I don't wanna see it buffed or nerfed.

Magicka DK in my opinion are the strongest class in PvP right now. Stam DK might be rock bottom atm but they still make the strongest tanks. ZOS team just need to adjust some morphs so they can apply the same pressure as Mag DK's because for some reason Stam DK mains just seem to be jumping ship to Stam Warden instead of trying bleed/dot builds which works really well on DK.
    PC EU
  • Zordrage
    Zordrage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Light armour DK with destro/resto or Fire destro/Lightning destro is incredibly strong.

Even with more block nerfs, I reckon my LA permablock DK will still be able to block a long time. I'll just have to be more selective. I may even have to dabble into Bloodthorn.

To the OP, Heavy armour is perfectly fine the way it is, I don't wanna see it buffed or nerfed.
    Stam DK mains just seem to be jumping ship to Stam Warden instead of trying bleed/dot builds which works really well on DK.

In nowdays meta in PvP you wont kill any half decent player with sustained dot dmg...
    the only way to kill decent players are well timed Huge burst....

the funny thing is that this is true to every single MMORG out there nowdays when it comes to PvP Dot classes always get shitted on without a team mate help....
    Edited by Zordrage on December 28, 2017 1:24PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zordrage wrote: »

Stam DK mains just seem to be jumping ship to Stam Warden instead of trying bleed/dot builds which works really well on DK.

In nowdays meta in PvP you wont kill any half decent player with sustained dot dmg...

the funny thing is that this is true to every single MMORG out there nowdays when it comes to PvP Dot classes always get shitted on without a team mate help....

I personally believe that players just aren't trying hard enough. It's easier to reroll to the overpowered Stam Warden. They're used to one way of playing Stam DK, SnB/2H, 5 Fury, 5 Werewolf Hide, Blood Spawn and that's it. Swap all that gear on to a Warden and its GG, because the class is overpowered. It's also cheaper grinding a Warden and easier than theorycrafting or testing some of the new sets we have got since Morrowind. The guys I've seen doing this are absolute monsters and making Stam DK look the best class for PvP.
    PC EU
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »
    No.

[snip]

Ok I can get the rage over PvPers, but why also include PvEers?

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 29, 2017 5:05PM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Zordrage wrote: »

LEAP
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Magicka DK in my opinion are the strongest class in PvP right now. Stam DK might be rock bottom atm but they still make the strongest tanks. ZOS team just need to adjust some morphs so they can apply the same pressure as Mag DK's because for some reason Stam DK mains just seem to be jumping ship to Stam Warden instead of trying bleed/dot builds which works really well on DK.

sDk dot build sucks compared to sSorc and sblade.
    We dont jump to stamden cus Its meta.
    We do it literally cus sDk is garbage tier.
    And fyi my sDk is there since the beta, I played it for years. I was playing it before stam dk even was a thing.

Im not lazy. Those ppl arent lazy. SDk is just bad.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 28, 2017 5:04PM
  • Saint_Bud
    Saint_Bud
    ✭✭✭✭
    People are so stupid. ZOS nerf blocking the 4 time or so and all get happy and think permablocking is gone and they will be able to kill tanks. The issiu is that so many players are so bad and dont know how to drain the stamina or stun them througt block and timing burst damage. Nothing will change, bad players will still get farmed.
    PVP Saint-Bud magicka Templar: AR 49
    PVE Lord Victarion mDK : dro'm-Athra-Destroyer pre Morrowind retired for crafting
    PVE Ramsay-Bolton magicka NB: Voice of Reason Clockwork City Patch retired
    VAA hm/ VHRC hm/ VSO hm/ VMOL hm/ VHOF hm/ VAS hm clear

Stop playing PVE because its boring, content not disigned for melee players and class balance and sustain is ***
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.

[Snip]

Eh, I hope you know permablock next patch isn't possible since enchants took a nerf. Calling others autistic is projecting.

This is generally a buff for all non mega tanks who depend on heavy, like stamDK. My MDK is fine in light.

And "MDK is the strongest class." is so far off unless you are talking pure St duels. People do OK with destro resto builds, but let's be real, it's potato mashing in super select locations. MDK (and mplar for same reasons) can't do openworld as well as a class with defense mechanisms (and mobility, be it fm/streak etc) that don't hinder damage.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 29, 2017 5:06PM
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭

There is no way mag dks are the best spec. Let's just presume permablock mag dks are extinct next patch so you are forced into running light armor dks with resto. I can agree that they are tough 1v1 but open world? You would have to kite out multiple opponents with mist. Mist sucks. Even light armor dks block a lot now. Idk man. Maybe they will give us something to compensate but it seems every other patch something universally gets patched and nerfed that directly effects how mag dk pvps.
  • alephthiago
    alephthiago
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    No.

OK then, I'll go to my room.

LMAO
    Walks-in-Shadowss AD Magblade
    *** kitty AD Stamblade
    Paarthurnax's Will AD Magicka DK
    agnar cracked skull EP Magicka DK (veteran dragonstar arena bot)
    Klogi Mugdul AD Stamina DK
    Savre Selranni AD Magicka Sorc (being polished)
    Avenar Lolhealing AD Magicka Templar (being polished)

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.

[Snip]

Eh, I hope you know permablock next patch isn't possible since enchants took a nerf. Calling others autistic is projecting.

This is generally a buff for all non mega tanks who depend on heavy, like stamDK. My MDK is fine in light.

And "MDK is the strongest class." is so far off unless you are talking pure St duels. People do OK with destro resto builds, but let's be real, it's potato mashing in super select locations. MDK (and mplar for same reasons) can't do openworld as well as a class with defense mechanisms (and mobility, be it fm/streak etc) that don't hinder damage.

Like 25% free damage against 75% of Cyrodiil's population?

MagDK is INCREDIBLY strong - in the right scenarios. It sucks in SOLO open world, but contributes so much to group play. It is also undoubtfully one of the strongest duelling classes, where mobility is significantly less important. With Valkyn, Power Lash and Leap, the burst is outstanding, if carefully timed.

Heavy armor doesn't need un-nerfing. Even without S/B, it gives solid defense. Ask stam players. And some of the most overpowered sets are for heavy armor. It's no coincidence that tempering alloys are quite expensive at the moment. I remember a time when they sold for HALF of the current prices.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 29, 2017 5:06PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    No.

[Snip]

MagDK is INCREDIBLY strong - in the right scenarios. It sucks in SOLO open world, but contributes so much to group play. It is also undoubtfully one of the strongest duelling classes, where mobility is significantly less important. With Valkyn, Power Lash and Leap, the burst is outstanding, if carefully timed.

Heavy armor doesn't need un-nerfing. Even without S/B, it gives solid defense. Ask stam players. And some of the most overpowered sets are for heavy armor. It's no coincidence that tempering alloys are quite expensive at the moment. I remember a time when they sold for HALF of the current prices.

The burst is good, talons, breath, lash, valk deals super high damage in light and can kill most squishybuilds, throw in dots and kill tanks 1v1 too. But most DKs rely on being tanky, everyone knows, and running a truely perma block build sacrifices a LOT of damage and many cases sustain. Then once block is nerfed, oh great DK rip. However depending on what other changes/fixes go through,

Aye, the meta sets are quite strong, but what good is that to a magplar, magDK, or magden. Most have switched to light due to such large nerfs that their sets can keep up, well, I still run heavy on my magplar since its pretty much just a Block/bol/beam/bomb support build.

Honestly, I won't be surprised if these builds get nerfed, I mean black rose did, and in practice it only gave 150wp and 180 mag/stam regen in 5 heavy. (240 in 7 heavy, but you sacrificed undaunted)

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 29, 2017 5:07PM
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Saint_Bud wrote: »
    People are so stupid. ZOS nerf blocking the 4 time or so and all get happy and think permablocking is gone and they will be able to kill tanks. The issiu is that so many players are so bad and dont know how to drain the stamina or stun them througt block and timing burst damage. Nothing will change, bad players will still get farmed.

I have been called a permablock exploiter DK for 12k leaping some magblade... (690cp too) Whilst on my DW light armour DK. Ah well, sucks to suck.

I would honestly say with these horrible hard counter builds without any counter. Shieldbreaker, defile, the new siphoner, resource poisons etc introduced to "fix" problems that the PvP is going down the shitter at breakneck speed. I legitimately miss the time everyone was OP, permablocking zergtanking stamDKs, MagDKs who could permavape in mist with desert rose, proctatos, and shieldspammers. Then the only counters were your skill and you weren't 100% fek'd when a "support" build came along and debuffed you to all hell for their group.

Ah well, at least decorating is swell.
    Edited by ak_pvp on December 28, 2017 10:24PM
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.

[Snip]

The burst is good, talons, breath, lash, valk deals super high damage in light and can kill most squishybuilds, throw in dots and kill tanks 1v1 too. But most DKs rely on being tanky, everyone knows, and running a truely perma block build sacrifices a LOT of damage and many cases sustain. Then once block is nerfed, oh great DK rip. However depending on what other changes/fixes go through,

Aye, the meta sets are quite strong, but what good is that to a magplar, magDK, or magden. Most have switched to light due to such large nerfs that their sets can keep up, well, I still run heavy on my magplar since its pretty much just a Block/bol/beam/bomb support build.

Honestly, I won't be surprised if these builds get nerfed, I mean black rose did, and in practice it only gave 150wp and 180 mag/stam regen in 5 heavy. (240 in 7 heavy, but you sacrificed undaunted)

Nah, man, permablockers are just literal standing stones. Troublesome are the ones that already block selectively and put so many DoTs, roots, snares and CCs on you that they don't even need to be blocking often. And if they manage to effectively use chains or wings... or god help you, BOTH, trying to kite and poke them from afar will not work and at best result in a mutual withdrawal.

Trust me, the masters of MagDK play have all the tools they need in their class kit. They will be absolutely fine next patch. Those in trouble will be the potatoblockers, and I say GOOD RIDDANCE!

[Edited for quote]
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.

[Snip]

Nah, man, permablockers are just literal standing stones. Troublesome are the ones that already block selectively and put so many DoTs, roots, snares and CCs on you that they don't even need to be blocking often. And if they manage to effectively use chains or wings... or god help you, BOTH, trying to kite and poke them from afar will not work and at best result in a mutual withdrawal.

Trust me, the masters of MagDK play have all the tools they need in their class kit. They will be absolutely fine next patch. Those in trouble will be the potatoblockers, and I say GOOD RIDDANCE!

I can take nearly anyone 1v1 and potato mashing is easy. (bar pure tank duel sorcs and templars) But openworld against same skilled players what usually happens is: Meet, fight for a bit, anyone with range I can't hit unless they are a magblade, any stam build I can't snare or CC. So it ends up with me spamming embers, them spamming heals/shields and them streaking/running away/some one else getting involved.

The class kit looks useful, and is useful in duel conditions (especially since duel rules often prohibit excessive ranging, immo pots and the like, which all plays to a MagDKs advantage) but as you said they just aren't built for openworld like others are.

[Edited for quote]
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is ZoS, when they nerf something they do it in a vaccum of their previous nerfs. For example, when Shuffle became tied to medium they did not revert back the cost increase and efficiency decrease nerfs they enacted earlier to compensate for the fact that it could still be used on HA. They'll just bury HA in a hole for 6 months before some unplanned, blundering accidental buff brings it in line, if ever.

Like I've said in previous posts, the guy in charge of balancing combat for PvP is Guy Pearce's character in Memento: Short-term memory & able to get away with murder.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No.

[Snip]

I can take nearly anyone 1v1 and potato mashing is easy. (bar pure tank duel sorcs and templars) But openworld against same skilled players what usually happens is: Meet, fight for a bit, anyone with range I can't hit unless they are a magblade, any stam build I can't snare or CC. So it ends up with me spamming embers, them spamming heals/shields and them streaking/running away/some one else getting involved.

The class kit looks useful, and is useful in duel conditions (especially since duel rules often prohibit excessive ranging, immo pots and the like, which all plays to a MagDKs advantage) but as you said they just aren't built for openworld like others are.

Yes, that's solo open world you're describing. That really isn't MagDK's strong suit, but that's the class, not armor or S/B. Once you're on a resource, in a keep or tower and people have to deal with you, things turn 180 degrees.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 29, 2017 5:08PM
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    YYeah, can we please get that back, hell even take away the heavy attack restore, something that PvE tanks can't use, maybe even slightly lower the resistances, PvE tanks never stack full and heavily depend on blocking, extra regen would help.

Are you confusing PvE with PvP here or am I missing something?
    If not, educate yourself.

- easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    . But most DKs rely on being tanky, everyone knows, and running a truely per

The bolded part of your comment really sticks out to me. It gets me thinking,

“When do I ever not think of a DK as being Tanky?”

Your point here really strikes me as saying DK is really a stagnant class with nothing going for it in the PVP environment compared to its PVE counter part.

That is really sad. DK has such a unique tool kit, but it never really works in open world PvP scenarios.

The class really needs a shot of creativity in the arm so it can not be as predictable as most are having their S+B shield up 24/7
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove blockcasting on some abilities and things would look better.
    Edited by gabriebe on December 29, 2017 4:10PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

[Snip]

using "autistic ", fixed your spelling for you, as an insult is very offensive ... my step son has autism

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on December 29, 2017 5:08PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • paulsimonps
    paulsimonps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes we had a tank meta, but that was more due to the state of block being rather easy, med armour being bad, and DKs/Templars having limited other defenses. The blanket nerfs that were put in place hardly affected those who built to the meta, and instead hit those who didn't harder. This is why I propose:

Restore wrath and unnerf constitution. The 200 wp/sp and regen DIDN'T create, (and the removal of which didn't remove) the tank meta. It instead allowed players some small bonuses when under constant fire. Yeah, can we please get that back, hell even take away the heavy attack restore, something that PvE tanks can't use, maybe even slightly lower the resistances, PvE tanks never stack full and heavily depend on blocking, extra regen would help.

Only BAD PvE Tanks do not use the fully charge heavy attacks to restore stamina its a really big and helpful tool for the end game tank, and after repentance was removed it become one of our main sources of sustain for trash pulls. Also the reason we don't have to stack resistance is cause we have enough of it from the base heavy armor and the passives around it and other sources of resistance, lowering the sources of resistance will not be helpful in anyway, and lowering it too much will cause harm to PvE Tanks too. Though I am all in favor of un-nerfing constitution a bit, especially if the numbers we are expecting from block cost are true, I would even be ok with it being a slightly longer delay between it proccing.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    montjie wrote: »
    YYeah, can we please get that back, hell even take away the heavy attack restore, something that PvE tanks can't use, maybe even slightly lower the resistances, PvE tanks never stack full and heavily depend on blocking, extra regen would help.

Are you confusing PvE with PvP here or am I missing something?
    If not, educate yourself.

How often do you see tanks stack max resistance. Oh yeah, they don't. Most aim for 40k health and low block cost, because with bloodspawn they go over the resist cap.
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pc na?

Don’t need that extra damage considering the huge wpn dmg sets heavy already has
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Only BAD PvE Tanks do not use the fully charge heavy attacks to restore stamina its a really big and helpful tool for the end game tank, and after repentance was removed it become one of our main sources of sustain for trash pulls. Also the reason we don't have to stack resistance is cause we have enough of it from the base heavy armor and the passives around it and other sources of resistance, lowering the sources of resistance will not be helpful in anyway, and lowering it too much will cause harm to PvE Tanks too. Though I am all in favor of un-nerfing constitution a bit, especially if the numbers we are expecting from block cost are true, I would even be ok with it being a slightly longer delay between it proccing.

Its true that tanks do heavy attack in certain circumstances such as when bosses are moving. Though things like axes on vAA are a lot harder to. And a better constitution would be more beneficial in a more variety of areas. As for resist, its just an example area that wouldn't be terminally costly to nerf a little, so that its not seen as too OP. I mean we can always do away with the health recovery. :D
    Irylia wrote: »
    Pc na?

Don’t need that extra damage considering the huge wpn dmg sets heavy already has

PC/EU And that is fair enough, if you are not a Magplar/magDK/Magden without the crazy damage sets and just took a nerf for the sake of it.
    Edited by ak_pvp on December 29, 2017 9:05PM
    Best houseknight EU.