Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Killing a Keep's resource worker NPCs

Deep_01
Deep_01
✭✭✭✭
Writing this after doing few searches. I noticed that when a keep is below level 5, to stop it's ore/wood/food upgrade it says "you can slow down the production by killing worker NPCs". I was testing this for over a week now. I saw no change to rate of the upgrade if I kill the npcs. I am not sure if it is working as intended or if it is actually doing something. I wrote to in-game help at ZOS. Does anyone know any info regarding this matter? It seems like a wonderful mechanic to take advantage of and can encourage "spreading the fight out".
@Deepan on PC-EU
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deep_01 wrote: »
    Writing this after doing few searches. I noticed that when a keep is below level 5, to stop it's ore/wood/food upgrade it says "you can slow down the production by killing worker NPCs". I was testing this for over a week now. I saw no change to rate of the upgrade if I kill the npcs. I am not sure if it is working as intended or if it is actually doing something. I wrote to in-game help at ZOS. Does anyone know any info regarding this matter? It seems like a wonderful mechanic to take advantage of and can encourage "spreading the fight out".

It can not, because nobody cares about keep level to begin with. Keep level had some impact in early Blackwater Blade (noob) campaigns in 2014, because back then flipping a keep defended by NPCs alone was remarkably difficult and it sure helped to weaken them before sieging.
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    Deep_01 wrote: »

It can not, because nobody cares about keep level to begin with. Keep level had some impact in early Blackwater Blade (noob) campaigns in 2014, because back then flipping a keep defended by NPCs alone was remarkably difficult and it sure helped to weaken them before sieging.

If this mechanic worked, we can maintain multiple keeps at level 0 or 1 with one or two players patrolling each Keep's resource. That would be much easier to win over, right?
    @Deepan on PC-EU