The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

MAINTENANCE downtown eta?

GrizzlyBear
GrizzlyBear
✭✭
where can i check for how long will the MAINTENANCE take to be done? the ETA. cuz all it says 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) the time it starts but not the time it ends?
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It never says when it ends. It will be over when it's over.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • DenniMyuu
    DenniMyuu
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as it takes.
    Possessed Myuutikora | Argonian | Templar | Healer | Master Angler • Goddess Goni | Argonian | Warden | Healer
    » vMSA Flawless • vDSA • vHRC HM • vAA HM • vSO HM • vMOL HM • vHOF HM • vAS +2 • vCR +3 • vBRP «

» finally retired | Goni & Guar ♥ « | » PC EU Vivec « | » since beta «
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't think they usually give an ETA. Sometimes it only takes a few hours, sometimes it takes literally all day (if you're EU). Best off not worrying about it and doing something else today, or you'll be checking back here again and again and again.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east.When seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.
    Edited by MehrunesFlagon on December 20, 2017 9:43AM
  • GrizzlyBear
    GrizzlyBear
    ✭✭
    Darkstorne wrote: »
    I don't think they usually give an ETA. Sometimes it only takes a few hours, sometimes it takes literally all day (if you're EU). Best off not worrying about it and doing something else today, or you'll be checking back here again and again and again.
    DenniMyuu wrote: »
    As long as it takes.
    When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east.When seas go dry and mountains blow in like leaves.

yes but how long does it usually take?
  • Kevin_of_Devinshire
    6 hours 42 minutes
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gandalf.jpg
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it takes.
    When the sun rises in the west and sets in the east.When seas go dry and mountains blow in like leaves.

2-4 hours is an pretty good answer, patches tend to take closer to 6.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    what-if-i-told-you-no-eta.jpg
  • GaldorP
    GaldorP
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Average, over the years, I would say 4-5 hours, can be shorter, can be much longer.
  • Epona222
    Epona222
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no "usual" amount of time - a short maintenance will be 2 hours, a long one 12 hours, and there's never any ETA given - just go find something else to do for a while.
    GM - Ghost Sea Trading Co - NA PC

Epona was a Romano-Celtic goddess dating back to around 1800 to 2000 years before computer games were invented.
  • meneerpeer
    meneerpeer
    ✭✭✭
    I just come here every downtime to read these posts. It makes me a happy camper :)
  • GrizzlyBear
    GrizzlyBear
    ✭✭
    6 hours 42 minutes
    pretty specific LOL nice.
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    gandalf.jpg

;-;
    Enslaved wrote: »
    what-if-i-told-you-no-eta.jpg

i shall use the matrix to make my own eta mwuahahaha
    GaldorP wrote: »
    Average, over the years, I would say 4-5 hours, can be shorter, can be much longer.
    cool
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as it takes.

Ask Mirri Maz Duur.
  • Indaghdha
    Indaghdha
    ✭✭
    Ah, the one morning every week that my master thief gets to sleep in, instead of out doing his job pickpocketing me some treasure. 25k gold and goodies, left out there for the next guy later today while I'm at work....thx a lot ZOS :wink::)
    Edited by Indaghdha on December 20, 2017 9:50AM
    Kres'ar'tarthi - Altmer sorcerer healer
    Fergus Mór - Breton templar healer
    Oengus Mór - Breton templar tank
    Cináed Mór - Imperial templar tank
    Máel Mór - Lvl 36 Imperial templar tank
  • DanielWinterborn
    DanielWinterborn
    ✭✭✭
    Indaghdha wrote: »
    Ah, the one morning every week that my master thief gets to sleep in, instead of out doing his job pickpocketing me some treasure. 25k gold and goodies, left out there for the next guy later today while I'm at work....thx a lot ZOS :wink::)

This to me sounds like ... a conspiracy! Don't tell anyone but I think ZOS is doing this to spite you... Just saying!
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Looking at ZOS maintenance history, this is 2 hours earlier than normal maintenance and all systems are down at the same time. This tells me that it is downtime for building, infrastructure or power maintenance that prevents any servers being left running.

I would suggest that downtime is likely to be be at least 3 hours, possibly up to 7-8 hours, but all going well, maybe 4-6 hours. Unfortunately it is not what I want on the first day of 3 weeks holidays, but it is what it is.
    Edited by disintegr8 on December 20, 2017 10:05AM
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Indaghdha
    Indaghdha
    ✭✭
    Indaghdha wrote: »

This to me sounds like ... a conspiracy! Don't tell anyone but I think ZOS is doing this to spite you... Just saying!

Right about now, the fence in Daggerfall is starting to prepare my thief's coffee and pastry, and its going to go to waste now because of maintenance!!
    Edited by Indaghdha on December 20, 2017 10:36AM
    Kres'ar'tarthi - Altmer sorcerer healer
    Fergus Mór - Breton templar healer
    Oengus Mór - Breton templar tank
    Cináed Mór - Imperial templar tank
    Máel Mór - Lvl 36 Imperial templar tank
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yes!! The answer to everything!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Go hitchhikers!
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • demoneca
    demoneca
    ✭✭✭
    Was this maintenance planned? I thought NA servers did maintenance on Mondays. I looked on Sunday and it said no NA maintenance on Monday. I didn't read any further. Did it say it was moved to Wednesday and if so, why?

I was away from this game for a few years but it seems to need maintenance every single week - is this right or am I exaggerating? Would be great to be able to skip a week here and there especially around the holidays.
    Edited by demoneca on December 20, 2017 11:00AM
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    demoneca wrote: »
    Was this maintenance planned? I thought NA servers did maintenance on Mondays. I looked on Sunday and it said no NA maintenance on Monday. I didn't read any further. Did it say it was moved to Wednesday and if so, why?

I was away from this game for a few years but it seems to need maintenance every single week - is this right or am I exaggerating? Would be great to be able to skip a week here and there especially around the holidays.

It was planned...and noted. I have no idea why they've been moving to Weds. the past couple times. Weekly maint. isn't unusual for MMOs. No idea if skipping maint. is a good idea or not. Don't know enough about the code and systems to say.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • electromagnets
    electromagnets
    ✭✭✭
    DOWNTOWN eta? Guessing it depends on traffic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XASNM1XEQPs
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭

actually is 4,8,15,16,23 and then 42 :p
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

• demoneca
    demoneca
    ✭✭✭

It was planned...and noted. I have no idea why they've been moving to Weds. the past couple times. Weekly maint. isn't unusual for MMOs. No idea if skipping maint. is a good idea or not. Don't know enough about the code and systems to say.

Thanks for the info. I just assumed when it said NA no maintenance on Monday that there was none for the week. Ya know.. NA maint moved to Wednesday. Next time I'll read it all. Hope they don't have it next Monday. I like to play on Christmas morning before the family time later in the day.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Thanks for the info. I just assumed when it said NA no maintenance on Monday that there was none for the week. Ya know.. NA maint moved to Wednesday. Next time I'll read it all. Hope they don't have it next Monday. I like to play on Christmas morning before the family time later in the day.

Sure. :) I made that same mistake the first time they didn't have it on a Monday, too busy being happy about no maint. to read further. :o

Kind of doubt they'll do it on Christmas day if for no other reason, the maint. folks might like to be off to celebrate the day as well.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Typically, EU PS4 is around 5 hours
  • demoneca
    demoneca
    ✭✭✭

Sure. :) I made that same mistake the first time they didn't have it on a Monday, too busy being happy about no maint. to read further. :o

Kind of doubt they'll do it on Christmas day if for no other reason, the maint. folks might like to be off to celebrate the day as well.

That's exactly right! Woohoo no maintenance, stopped reading. Good point about Christmas day, maybe it will be Wednesday next week.. I'll read the post this time.
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    As long as it takes to fix Templar bugs maybe!? :wink:
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever