Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

HACKED ACCOUNTS (UPDATED) - INFO ABOUT ISSUE, DATA COLLECTION, KIND REQUEST FOR ZOS TO FIX THIS

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    are you sure they did not buy the account or something? and it was taken back? because it does not add up that you have over a thousand cp and just lose the account, they must have been doing something fishy, or bought gold but got scammed and gave their info out ?

and ZOS just lets the new person play the account? i just don't see that happening. we just don't know the whole story and i feel like something is not right with the "story"

well I am in this guild few years now already, I don`t know these people personaly, but I can say I trust them.
    nothing fishy, simply someone stolen their account, by some kind of hack we do not know how.

• SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »
    Is it the case then that Steam players don't get the same email verification code from ESO that direct ESO ZOS customers get if logging in from a different IP address?
    @Tandor
    I just tested this with my girlfriends ESO account on steam and i could log in from a different computer and IP *without* any sort of notification.
    huh.gif
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Is it the case then that Steam players don't get the same email verification code from ESO that direct ESO ZOS customers get if logging in from a different IP address?
    @Tandor
    I just tested this with my girlfriends ESO account on steam and i could log in from a different computer and IP *without* any sort of notification.
    huh.gif

This is the main thing in this issue, logging in to the eso account on the internet requires this code, which is sent to your e-mail when you log in from an another IP address than usual.

So why not to the game (trought the exe file, or trough steam)?

This is a major flaw and should be fixed asap!!!

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    @Tandor
    huh.gif

This is the main thing in this issue, logging in to the eso account on the internet requires this code, which is sent to your e-mail when you log in from an another IP address than usual.

It does happen on PC when playing direct, but seemingly not when playing through Steam.

My earlier reference to "ISP" related to the players' Internet Service Provider.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    altemriel wrote: »
    @Tandor
    huh.gif

It does happen on PC when playing direct, but seemingly not when playing through Steam.

My earlier reference to "ISP" related to the players' Internet Service Provider.

aha, that is interesting, as the hacked accounts from my guildies, were all connecting to ESO trought steam, interesting.

so this is the security hole and this needs to be arranged with Steam asap, so that connecting to the game trough Steam from an another IP address than usual would also require a verification code, sent to the e-mail of the account owner!!

And also account recovery on the eso page is very flawed, this also should be added, that when someone would claim to recover the account ("hacker"), this would needs to be confirmed by the verification code, that it is the account owner (by a code sent to the owner`s e-mail). otherwise anyone with a bit of knowledge of the player could steal the account by responding to those questions!!!!
  • Roach1990
    Roach1990
    ✭✭
    They will just ignore you like all of us or reply every time with same answer...

If you want play buy new acc like they sayd
    Edited by Roach1990 on January 5, 2018 5:55PM