Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

ZOS, another Heavy Armor passive needs to be fixed/removed!

joaaocaampos
joaaocaampos
✭✭✭✭✭
Yes, one more nerf. But it's a small nerf! I'm talking about the first passive, Resolve. There is no need for more Resistance if I am using Heavy Armor! The best thing to do is: do the same thing that was done before (with Wrath and Rapid Mending), but this time involving Constitution and Resolve!

How would it be? Currently we have:
  • Resolve (3/3): Increases your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped.
  • Constitution (2/2): Increases Health Recovery per piece of Heavy Armor equipped. Also restores Magicka and Stamina each time you are hit, but only once every X seconds. Amount restored is increased per piece of Heavy Armor equipped.
The result would be this:
  • Constitution (3/3): Increases Health Recovery per piece of Heavy Armor equipped.
  • Resolve (2/2): Restores Magicka and Stamina each time you are hit, but only once every X seconds. Amount restored is increased per piece of Heavy Armor equipped.

In other words...
  • Constitution being the first passive.
  • Constitution with 3 ranks and a higher value of Health Recovery: 6% (in maximum rank) per piece of Heavy Armor equipped.
  • There would be an obvious tooltip change on the Black Rose Set: "Increases the Magicka and Stamina restoration benefit from the Resolve Passive by 40%..." If there's any other set or effect that influences these two passives, the changes would be necessary.
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A tank is a tank. Leave them be.
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Morvane
    Morvane
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS, another nerf thread needs to be fixed/removed!
    DC Dunmer Sorcerer since 2014
    @morvayn54, PC/EU
  • Morbash
    Morbash
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, the extra resistances isn't a problem. It's not over-performing.

Wrath was over-performing. Big difference.

With 7/7 heavy armor, resolve grants approximately the same amount of resistance as a defending 2 slot weapon.
    "War doesn't build character; it reveals it."
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    You argue for something to be nerfed not because it is OP but because there is no need for it ;) . Why not nerf the grass and the rivers and the sky and the guard that stands at the gate in Wayrest and ambient sound and buff socks and paved roads and tavern jukeboxes and harmonicas and clouds.
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, one more nerf. But it's a small nerf! I'm talking about the first passive, Resolve. There is no need for more Resistance if I am using Heavy Armor! The best thing to do is: do the same thing that was done before (with Wrath and Rapid Mending), but this time involving Constitution and Resolve!

• Resolve (3/3): Increases your Physical Resistance and Spell Resistance for each piece of Heavy Armor equipped.
    • Constitution (2/2): Increases Health Recovery per piece of Heavy Armor equipped. Also restores Magicka and Stamina each time you are hit, but only once every X seconds. Amount restored is increased per piece of Heavy Armor equipped.
    • Constitution (3/3): Increases Health Recovery per piece of Heavy Armor equipped.
    • Resolve (2/2): Restores Magicka and Stamina each time you are hit, but only once every X seconds. Amount restored is increased per piece of Heavy Armor equipped.

In other words...
    • Constitution with 3 ranks and a higher value of Health Recovery: 6% (in maximum rank) per piece of Heavy Armor equipped.
    • There would be an obvious tooltip change on the Black Rose Set: "Increases the Magicka and Stamina restoration benefit from the Resolve Passive by 40%..." If there's any other set or effect that influences these two passives, the changes would be necessary.

No.
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

In other words...

No.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Woeler
    Woeler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please stop.
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Where that lol button at?
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about......

git gut??
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So removing wrath passive because heavy armor shouldn't do damage. Sure why not balance and things and such, but wanting to nerf heavy armor because it's too tanky when there is already a resistance cap..... What is heavy armor the new DK?
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Would you rather duel someone in 5 heavy or 5 light?
    PC EU
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What even is a tank, if not their damage reduction?
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • akredon_ESO
    akredon_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh look someone who has no idea what there talking about. Heavy armor is fine leave it alone
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix/nerf broken/overperforming heavy sets.
    Buff medium slightly
    Leave heavy alone
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you rather duel someone in 5 heavy or 5 light?

Would depend on who the player is as both are effective in the right hands.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heavy passives are in a really excellent place, no need to change. Instead we should replace that derpy medium armor sneak passive with something universally useful and the armor skill lines will be fine and balanced IMO.
  • eso_nya
    eso_nya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If u dont need it dont put skillpoints in?
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't believe you took the time to write that all up. Did you really think anyone would agree it was a good idea? And can I have some of what you're smoking if you did?
    Edited by itscompton on December 16, 2017 8:11PM
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy is fine.

S&B is not.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy is so balanced right now it’s insane.

Just stop.

• LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix/nerf broken/overperforming heavy sets.
    Buff medium slightly
    Leave heavy alone

This.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So removing wrath passive because heavy armor shouldn't do damage. Sure why not balance and things and such, but wanting to nerf heavy armor because it's too tanky when there is already a resistance cap..... What is heavy armor the new DK?

More blocking nerfs inc, which in turn means DK is the still the old/new DK.

Dragon Knights: gettin zosed since 1.6

rip decibel
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Heavy should have the resistance. Please don't change heavy armor.

((((buff medium))))
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Gralor
    Gralor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Akinos wrote: »

In other words...

No.
    Edited by Gralor on December 16, 2017 10:58PM
  • Insandros
    Insandros
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, another of those thread « i can'T overcome this issue, please nerf it » Question OP, when you we're on first grade at school, and you couldn't understand teh basics of 1+1, instead of dealing with it, i presume you wen't crying at the principle to nerf the classes?
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    The %health recovery for heavy armor is pretty woopty doo. Stamina and magicka recovery are clearly better. Max health is fine since you want a certain health ceiling anyways so you don't get spiked. Medium armor also has weapon damage and reduce dodge cost. I think the idea with medium armor is not to get hit.

As for S&B being OP. It was OP in Skyrim. The strongest Skyrim build was Redguard/Breton/Imperial S&B with 95% mitigation on block? I remember getting tickled by dragon breath on the highest difficulty with zero points in smithing/alchemy/enchanting. When I started the game I was going to build a S&B/bow class but ended up S&B/staff. Now one day the rope-a-dope counter-punch has been discovered and the world is coming to an end.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Heavy armour is just fine, it’s supposed to make you a tough nut to crack
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RESISTANCE IS FUTILE!!!! lol, but yeah HA passives are fine and should be left alone.
  • Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Draxys wrote: »

More blocking nerfs inc, which in turn means DK is the still the old/new DK.

Dragon Knights: gettin zosed since 1.6

Oh ok good the usual then nerf DKs cause " ". I was afraid I could relax this patch
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    keep trying to make HA unusable, I mean why not, I appreciate every reason not to play these days