Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What do you think about CP in PvP?

RighteousBacon
RighteousBacon
✭✭✭✭
Simple question, I think it has a place in the game; however, it causes new players to have a significantly hard time surviving or even being helpful in PvP. The way I see it, it has both positive and negative connotations.

Best Answer

• Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrion87 wrote: »
    Some time ago I completely switched from CP campaigns to nonCP and I will never look back.

I don't agree that the whole game is built/balanced around CP. It's otherwise. In PvE the power creep of CP chars is real in both overland and dungeons. In PvP CP campaigns are just filled with cancer/unkillable builds ruining all the fun for those who don't use them.

What a pity that this trashy gameplay found its way into BGs...

that could be also my storry
    Answer ✓
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PVP is a lot better without it.

If they brought back some sort of diminishing returns on stats then it would probably be ok.
    Edited by Domander on December 13, 2017 11:45PM
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »

If they brought back some sort of diminishing returns on stats then it would probably be ok.

I agree. I think that there should be some tweaks to the system if the no CP campaigns remain as dead as the are atm
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Simple question, I think it has a place in the game; however, it causes new players to have a significantly hard time surviving or even being helpful in PvP. The way I see it, it has both positive and negative connotations.

Once you reach around 300 or so, you are doing a lot better. And the way the catch up mechanism works, it's pretty fast to get there.
  • Tigeracer
    Tigeracer
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like both forms of PVP.

No cp makes me feel squishy, but highly destructive, whereas cp feels more like a sustained fighter.

This is coming from a stamblade.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love CP...

I worked hard for it and I love seeing how powerful my character is with them...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I enjoy playing with CP more than I do without.

I usually run with an organized raid in PVP. During the No-CP week on all the Cyrodiil campaigns, I didn't notice a huge difference. Sure, sustain was harder, but our group adapted pretty well to running with no CP. However, when I tried to go to the Imperial City, playing the PVE content down there was much harder without CP much in the same way that playing overland PVE would be without CP except with a lot more minibosses. I didn't enjoy that experience at all.

No CP Battlegrounds during Midyear Mayhem was sort of fun, except that I really had no desire to switch my build/gear around to effectively build for No CP so that really dampened my willingness to hop into Battlegrounds long enough to really give it a fair shot. I'll admit that I wasn't that impressed with the Battleground modes to begin with, so I haven't gone back since they flipped to CP.

So this is all my personal experience. There are a lot of arguments to be made about balance and new players and stuff, but for me, it ultimately comes down to preference. I know plenty of people prefer No CP, and I hope they always have that option. I prefer CP PVP, and I hope I always have that option.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    For me it’s personal because I have a lot of friends who have quit the game because they hate the cp system and don’t have the time to grind past low 300s. Now I’m literally the only one left still trying to play this game. I log on, enter cyrodil, get outnumbered...die. (PS: I don’t have battlegrounds cuz I’m poor) Then I get depressed XD and log off. Join a chat with my friends and all I hear is “glad I quit that game long ago”. Feels bad man.
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think that having a lot of CP makes you overpowered in PVE and PVP. You either hit like a cannon or you hit like a small calibre semi automatic that never runs out of ammunition.

For PVP it may be that the CP cap is too high, putting a greater distance between the haves and have nots.
    For PVE I think the CP cap has outstripped all AI opponents, making so much (solo) content a cake walk.

Even if you took CP away from all PVP, there would still be a huge distance between those that know what they are doing, have the right skills/gear and those that are newer and are still learning. Maybe CP just makes the distance seem greater.

Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less customization is bad imo. It also doesn't allow for stupid but fun builds to work at all. My battle mage (terrible but fun to play against others in out of meta tournaments my guild has) would never work without cp, even more so.

This week we are doing hybrid bar builds where u have to use 2 stam attacks, 2 magicka attacks, 2 healing 1 stam 1 magicka, 2 ccs 1 stam 1 magicka, 2 defensive/ buffs of Any type. It would be so much less fun without cp.
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP is a very nice addition - but wrongly implemented.

CP should not affect the player power at all - the game should not be balanced around CPs.

There should be useful perks out there in CP tree but no combat related.

Like node harvesting speed is an example of a good implementation, mount stamina while non in combat another good example.

While resource stealing for example or direct damage boost etc - bad implementation!

Nerfing resource generation based on CP potential - bad implementation.

• SouthernSoldjer

Lol just go to non cp then, CP PvP is for end game players.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Lol just go to non cp then, CP PvP is for end game players.

no its not
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Necessary evil for progression/solo etc but trash in design. The stat based nature of CP is ruining the game and should be totally replaced with a full "active passive" style system, with the passives being useful perks in combat like unchained that a good player can utilize.

The cycle ruins things for noCP too. In sotha everyone is weak, so band together and zerg harder, as cheese meta builds are created, which in turn they heavy handedly nerf everything since the game is balanced around CP, which makes sotha players weaker and CP more important.

NoCP is a necessity for BGs though, for a faster playstyle. This new change is terrible.
    Edited by ak_pvp on December 17, 2017 6:33PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • lao
    lao
    ✭✭✭✭
    CP campaign is far superior. it allows for more build variety and its better to 1vX with CP cos the burst dmg is higher. yes you also die quicker but that only means the margin for error is smaller which results in a higher skill ceiling.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    could be designed a lot better, instead of giving players tons of raw power they did nothing to deserve except blindly grind for months.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm leaning towards not liking it in BGs mainly because if you get paired with a couple of low levels it's GG, while it's paid for content they deserve to participate in.
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dislike CP in all PvP generally but it is mostly tolerable in Cyro and IC. In BG's it's an abomination and should be eradicated.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it.

I hate playing magicka in non cp. Stamina is fine.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought it was the way.

Played Battlegrounds and LOVED the pace.

They launched CP and BG pace got rekt, pace totally gone and dull.

Decided CP is the issue.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there anything wrong with allowing all players to have full CP in Pvp? If that is what's keeping newer players from joining, then I say let them have it in Cyrodiil.
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Open-world no-CP PvP is king.

I've got so much more respect for 1vXers in no-CP campaigns.
    They're the real beasts.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The entire game is balanced for CP, including PvP. Nowhere is this more apparent than in the Imperial City, where guards and bosses are ridiculously difficult to solo on No-CP campaigns. Yes, even after the nerfs.

Fortunately, this is an EASY problem for the individual player to solve. All a new player has to do is start killing mobs, and the CP start rolling in!
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP gives more opportunity to 'refine' and really personalise your character and their playstyle. I played for 2 years in non-CP and it was ok but qute boring. I Like tinkering with the CP and love it when sometimes it works out like I want and suddenly i've got better sustain or more damage etc etc. I think they should be capped though.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • mvffins
    mvffins
    ✭✭✭
    With regards to Cyrodiil and Imperial City I prefer CP as fighting some mobs with no CP makes certain aspects too hard for certain builds. This limits PvP as taking resources can only be done by the OP builds with a certain gearset. I see new players actually having even more trouble in non-CP PvP as it makes experienced skill-level and gold gear in the hands of older players that much more effective, nevermind the fact that a newplayer is not likely to take resources on his own.
  • DivineFirstYOLO
    DivineFirstYOLO
    ✭✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »
    CP campaign is far superior. it allows for more build variety and its better to 1vX with CP cos the burst dmg is higher. yes you also die quicker but that only means the margin for error is smaller which results in a higher skill ceiling.

LoL, just put points into the counter cp trees and that "burst" is gone.
    In CP you have:

- more ressources
    - 1 click full bar heal cause of CP
    - perma blocking
    - perma roll dodging
    - and many more annoying mechanisms

Why do you think duels against decent enemies take for ages? It's the CP - who is interested in fighting 1 enemy for 10 mins? i am not!

In no CP sieges hurt a lot, procs hurt, you need to watch your ressources, cant fight forever and you die way faster what leads to shorter fights - as @Arthg mentioned - 1vXers in no CP are real heroes.

Also agree that CP BGs was the biggest fail ever, i stopped playing them after they introduced CPs

But i get it that some ppl like the diversity and being able to make fun builds work!
    Zerg Squad

Godslayer x 4

Pro questing fees for RPers in Cyrodiil, pay your taxes!
    PC - EU

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both are ok and both have it´s pros and cons. Personally I prefer CP. Would probably try out no-CP if it weren´t for the EP zergtrain on Sotha Sill on PC/EU......
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    No CP is awesome and how the game in PVP (not over) should be.

Imho, no CP requires more skill and a higher understanding of the game. CP has really dumbed down the game and has created a monster when it comes to balance.

I see all these pro no CP comments and wonder why the heck Sotha Sil is a ghost town on PS4...

Can we please populate the dang place!!!
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I used to play on non-CP and loved it. Also because there was way less lag.

After Sotha-Sil became a ghost town and only some red zergs dominated the map I quit the game. Later I returned and gave Vivec a try.

I have just as much fun as I had in Sotha Sil. The only thing I dislike is more lag and people who are lvl 50 but have low CP get decimated.

#Nerf Sorc
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lao wrote: »

LoL, just put points into the counter cp trees and that "burst" is gone.
    In CP you have:

- more ressources
    - 1 click full bar heal cause of CP
    - perma blocking
    - perma roll dodging
    - and many more annoying mechanisms

Why do you think duels against decent enemies take for ages? It's the CP - who is interested in fighting 1 enemy for 10 mins? i am not!

In no CP sieges hurt a lot, procs hurt, you need to watch your ressources, cant fight forever and you die way faster what leads to shorter fights - as @Arthg mentioned - 1vXers in no CP are real heroes.

Also agree that CP BGs was the biggest fail ever, i stopped playing them after they introduced CPs

But i get it that some ppl like the diversity and being able to make fun builds work!

Spot on, great summary.

I'm a huge convert. However many won't try it. Mainly as they cant adapt so die once and run back to CP.

Or it's this fear of loss of progress rubbish. You still keep your CP 'score/level' if you need that to keep you content, but surely game play pace etc are more important. And its undoubtedly better play in no-cp

People are stubborn tho and follow the herd. Heck I did till I tried no-cp in BG and felt the breath of fresh air. To be fair no-cp is even more suited to the intended small scale buzz of BG.

Lastly CP are WAY too skewed towards damage reduction is also the problem. DPS feel little different in CP but defence build get huge boost, asBG has shown.

Also to make sense of it all 15/14 kill deaths in BG was way more fun a match than 1/0 despite the outcome of the match the same
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    Baranthus wrote: »
    CP gives more opportunity to 'refine' and really personalise your character and their playstyle. I played for 2 years in non-CP and it was ok but qute boring. I Like tinkering with the CP and love it when sometimes it works out like I want and suddenly i've got better sustain or more damage etc etc. I think they should be capped though.

The reason non cp is boring is because it’s hardly played. Today’s players have become so reliant on their cp that they can’t handle getting killed by a 300 cp player in non cp campaign. They feel entitled to their cp because they’ve simply been logged in the game longer. There are a lot of quality low cp players but they can’t 1vX in cp campaigns because it’s filled with 690’s. Then they go to non-cp and win every fight they get in. The problem is, since non cp is so empty they only run into like 4 fights in an hour