The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

What do you think about CP in PvP?

• PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think CP could've been designed in a better way.

I feel offense should be more rewarding than defense which creates a much more healthy PVP environment. CP kind of works against this
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    as long as magsorc is in its current state, I can't really talk about cp and balance in the same sentence.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    im beside bgs a strictly no cp player.

i like it more because there are almost no unkillable builds and dmg spikes also a bit lower.

and @Ragnarock41 u talk about magsorc and play stamden xD
    Edited by Trashs1 on December 27, 2017 9:29AM
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • nnargun
    nnargun
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is no point in having them in PVP other than that players at level cap feel they deserve the advantage over lowbies. Either put everyone to cap or remove them please.
    [PC EU][GERMAN][ENGLISH][730~ CP]
    Flawless Conquerer - vHoF HM - vAS+1 - vMoL - vCR
    the Kuhn - Dunmer - MagNB
    Samjuel-EL - Orc - StamNB
    Son Hala - Altmer - MagSorc
    Draxyl - Argonian - Warden
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at the non CP campaigns...

If you are a magicka build that is outside of zerging and not on a sorc or nightblade. You are just fodder for stamina based builds. Which actually speaks highly on the inherent imblancments between stamina and magicka builds in PvP.

Since ZOS has been balancing the game around max CPs. Just taking out CPs without a huge and tall balance patch. Would more or less effectively delete most magicka base builds outside of the zerg from PvP.

Also CPs is not the only culprit. Don't believe me look at some of those heavy armor gear sets. They have no place in this game because of have completely overpowered they are.

Then let's not even forget to comment on the server issues with lag. Lag sometimes get soo bad that people mistake the poor server performance as CE abuse in progress.

But yeah lets us all just blame PvP problems on CPs. Till ZOS gets rid of them in PvP. Only to find out the issues are just as bad if not worst afterwards, because build diversity would have been effectively killed off.
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    Makes PvP (when its not laggy af) way easier, generally speaking. Dont like it for requiring less skill to be succesful in comparison to non-CP and enabling all those ridiculously strong builds.

Having said that I do understand why people see the appeal in it. Its 'easy' and gives you that ultimate badass warrior feeling much faster. Taking your maxed out char from non-cp to cp is like having your char on steroids, cocaine and khat.
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • QuebraRegra
    QuebraRegra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    POWER CREEP!
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some time ago I completely switched from CP campaigns to nonCP and I will never look back.

I don't agree that the whole game is built/balanced around CP. It's otherwise. In PvE the power creep of CP chars is real in both overland and dungeons. In PvP CP campaigns are just filled with cancer/unkillable builds ruining all the fun for those who don't use them.

What a pity that this trashy gameplay found its way into BGs...
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    rteezy wrote: »
    Easy fix : eliminate both cp and non co campaigns,open 3 or 4 new campaigns with a lower maximum players cap and everyone inside would have the same cp (200,300,690..whatever some theorycrafter woulf find the most balanced).create a new cp menu for for your "pvp cp build".

This way we would reduce the lag..and put everyone at equal cp.

As an add d bonus it would probably get some mmo pvp'rs to try/re join the game since the pvp cp grind was gone.

I like this idea. I too have contemplated what would happen if there was a campaign for each hundred champion points. Then we’d have one all cp campaign