The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

And another idiotic unbalanced skill in PVP: Dragonknight spell reflect

evoprimes
evoprimes
✭✭✭
I am a mag sorc and one DK has always the spell reflect buff on. I really hope that a cooldown to this spell will be applied otherwise it causes a lot of unbalanced fights throughout the game.
I am pretty sure that no one from ZOS will read this because they just don't care. But still, I take this opportunity to call them exactly what they are: a bunch on untrained chimps. Thank you
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    Ah, and anybody calling the l2p method, they're just even lower IQ than ZOS team. This is a huge abuse that a player can keep that skill permanently up. Should we just kill him with Curse? :))
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's rare that skill causes much grief these days. Stun em up, curse, HA, Ulti etc. Personally don't feel its Op

It's about the only good part of the frag Nerf is at least when they bat one back you don't floor yourself lol.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    The fact that you can just perma reflect while you're attacking is not OP. Noted, thanks for your opinion.
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has been quite heavily nerfed over the years. You just need to understand it.

It is expensive.
    It only reflects 4 attacks
    It doesn't reflect crushing shock, curse, mages wrath, meteor..

You have options.. Play the sustain game and just hit it with quick light attacks to take it down fast.

Or only use abilities that are not affected by it.. Until he realises he's just wasting mana/time and stops casting it... Then bring frags back in to the mix.

Or just ignore and fight some one else.. Especially if tanky. You have more mobility than he does. Use it.
    Edited by Biro123 on December 13, 2017 9:20AM
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahaha

Wow

I never thought I’d see this post.

Yet here we are.

Congrats OP - you are whining about the buggiest, easiest to counter, and possibly the worst skill in the game.

Congrats!
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• evoprimes
    evoprimes
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Hahahahaha

Wow

Yet here we are.

Congrats OP - you are whining about the buggiest, easiest to counter, and possibly the worst skill in the game.

Congrats!

Oh, please, tell me God of ESO, how can I counter that without changing my skills for that specific OP autist skill?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoprimes wrote: »
    Hahahahaha

Wow

Yet here we are.

Congrats!

Oh, please, tell me God of ESO, how can I counter that without changing my skills for that specific OP autist skill?

you're a magsorc right?

how many of your skills can be reflected? crystal frags and destructive reach?

anything that can be reflected can also be dodged or blocked easily, which means you should land your rune stun on them before casting anyway.

edit; please believe me when i say that every DK here would trade those wings for a dmg shield like empowered ward or hardened ward without hesitation.
    Edited by Thogard on December 13, 2017 9:37AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Is this a troll post?
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, there´s a bug with reflect. If you refresh the ability before reflecting 4 abilities, it won´t reflect 4 abilities. To make things clearer:

If you active wings and reflect 2 projectiles and then refresh wings, you might think you would be able to reflect another 4 projectiles......wrong......you´ll only be able to reflect 2 projectiles.

State of wing:
    - It´s bugged (as described above)
    - Few things to reflect
    - Cost a fortune (As if DK didn´t have costly skills to begin with)

And yet you complain about wing being OP. If someone is spamming wings against you in a fight, they´ll be out of magicka very fast.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahaha

Wow

Yet here we are.

Congrats!

point is, every single time Im up against a magsorc I have to change my skills.(and guess what? I don't even use wings, it only really works on people like you. think about why thats the case)
    Not only that I have to sacrifice CP just to have a way of shutting down shield spam.
    Meanwhile you can just change your spammable and boom, you countered wings. congratz, much counterplay, such planning. wow.
    sorcs has 2 of the most *** dueling tools in this game.

1. pets
    2. mines

Yet you don't see me or another Dk crying about how a sorc can completely and utterly destroy any melee opponent who isnt prepared to face 20k shields, 3 pets and mines that each hit like truck while immobilizing me.

grow up. You're only embarassing yourself.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 13, 2017 10:13AM
  • Neloth
    Neloth
    ✭✭✭✭
    The complain from sorc looks pretty stupid, yes (since it's just "don't frag him with wings up"), but don't forget that wings completely shut down magNB.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »
    The complain from sorc looks pretty stupid, yes (since it's just "don't frag him with wings up"), but don't forget that wings completely shut down magNB.

It does that on bad magblades, a duel vs a mDk and a magblade is going to be a long one, both has amazing survivability, but trust me, if the magblade is good, he/she will win on the sustaining game because wings are so expensive to have a long uptime.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    thats a trollpost 4 sure Oo
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Know what else really bothers me in this game? Toppling Charge. That thing is so OP it makes me ragequit every time.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crushing shock?
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know, the op is right.

It might not be a problem for most of the meta builds (hell, even sorcs can deal with them with crushing shock/light attacks), but try fighting a DK with scales as a bow build. Your pretty much only option is to run away.

In general, I think cast time abilities (not instant cast frags) should be unreflectable.

I.e. Snipe should be a long range frontal cone AoE, Crystal Blast should be a targeted AoE & same with Dark Flare.
    There, most problems fixed.
    Edited by DDuke on December 13, 2017 11:01AM
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

It might not be a problem for most of the meta builds (hell, even sorcs can deal with them with crushing shock/light attacks), but try fighting a DK with scales as a bow build. Your pretty much only option is to run away.

In general, I think cast time abilities (not instant cast frags) should be unreflectable.

I.e. Snipe should be a long range frontal cone AoE, Crystal Blast should be a targeted AoE & same with Dark Flare.

Actually, I don't hate this. I mean it's easy as *** to dodge them, and they all move slow as ***, so yeah. Cast time should = no reflect.
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s just interesting that OP is whining about DK wings when the warden shimmering shield is so much stronger. Like, ridiculously stronger. And it works on more stuff.

• DKsUnite
    DKsUnite
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That sounds like a *** terrible idea. The list of things reflected by wings get smaller every single patch and now you want to remove snipe and dark flare from that list, two skills which provide healing debuffs and are pretty much the reason any DK would run wings in the first place....
    Vyr Cor | Magicka Dragonknight | DC
    Vir Cor | Stamina Dragonknight | DC

Latest Videos:
    Magicka Dragonknight: Vyr Cor | "A Dragon's Fury" | Magicka Dragonknight PvP
    Stamina Dragonknight: Vir Cor | "Heathen" | Stamina Dragonknight PvP

Youtube: CorGaming
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DKsUnite wrote: »

That sounds like a *** terrible idea. The list of things reflected by wings get smaller every single patch and now you want to remove snipe and dark flare from that list, two skills which provide healing debuffs and are pretty much the reason any DK would run wings in the first place....

See it from the other perspective; how do you plan on beating a DK with scales as a bow build? Or Dark Flare magplar?

I get that scales need to feel useful, but considering how Master's Destro Flame Clench spammers are everywhere, I don't think they'll feel unuseful any time soon.
    Edited by DDuke on December 13, 2017 11:51AM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

See it from the other perspective; how do you plan on beating a DK with scales as a bow build? Or Dark Flare magplar?

I get that scales need to feel useful, but considering how Master's Destro Flame Clench spammers are everywhere, I don't think they'll feel unuseful any time soon.

don't play a bow main build like the other %95 of the game then?
    That magDk has no way of catching up to you over 28 meters, his only hope is leap, and you wanna take that away so you can just snipe spam everything to death? Is that what you want?
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

That magDk has no way of catching up to you over 28 meters, his only hope is leap, and you wanna take that away so you can just snipe spam everything to death? Is that what you want?

I don't know how you came to those conclusions. You couldn't get the facts more wrong if you tried.

I'm currently playing my magicka DK (light armor destro/resto) that has no problems catching up to ranged builds thanks to Empowering Chains (one of the most underrated abilities in game), not my bow stamblade that never has and never will "spam snipe" (that's what noobs do, the real combo that actually gets kills in PvP is Lethal Arrow->Acid Spray with Perfected Asylum Bow, which can only be done from 10-20m distance).
    I'd love to play more of my bowblade though, but it's not a good idea as long as Miat's is a thing and it still suffers from severe drawbacks, such as survivability & dealing with projectile reflect (Acid Spray/Bombard being the only ability going through reflect for bow builds).
    Edited by DDuke on December 13, 2017 12:14PM
  • Biro123
    Biro123
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate those chains..
    Minalan owes me a beer.

PC EU Megaserver
    Minie Mo - Stam/Magblade - DC
    Woody Ron - Stamplar - DC
    Aidee - Magsorc - DC
    Notadorf - Stamsorc - DC
    Khattman Doo - Stamblade - Relegated to Crafter, cos AD.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unless I missed it, I don't recall seeing anyone mention channeled attacks?

Restro/Lightning have always been a partial counter to Reflect and dodge. Unless you're running Fire/DW, I would assume at least one of your weapons allows for this.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When i read about someone complaining about scales - which is ridiculously expensive i can´t help but think:
    What will happen when that person encounters a warden with shimmering shield which is basically free (~400 cost after return).

On topic of reflect and absorb in general. I think those abilities are overtuned. They should have a short duration where everything is absorbed/reflected but also have a forced downtime with cost increases imo.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't know how you came to those conclusions. You couldn't get the facts more wrong if you tried.

I'm currently playing my magicka DK (light armor destro/resto) that has no problems catching up to ranged builds thanks to Empowering Chains (one of the most underrated abilities in game), not my bow stamblade that never has and never will "spam snipe" (that's what noobs do, the real combo that actually gets kills in PvP is Lethal Arrow->Acid Spray with Perfected Asylum Bow, which can only be done from 10-20m distance).
    I'd love to play more of my bowblade though, but it's not a good idea as long as Miat's is a thing and it still suffers from severe drawbacks, such as survivability & dealing with projectile reflect (Acid Spray/Bombard being the only ability going through reflect for bow builds).

I mean.. I understand miats suck BUT please, chains aren't underrated, Its utterly useless.(unless some very, very rare situations where you just need the enemy to be close, CC immunity does not matter, but thats kind of rare isnt it?) Giving my enemy free CC immunity, no thanks.
    Especially considering eternal hunt is now the meta nb set, It will only end up bad for the Dk.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on December 13, 2017 12:51PM
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am a mag sorc and one DK has always the spell reflect buff on. I really hope that a cooldown to this spell will be applied otherwise it causes a lot of unbalanced fights throughout the game.
    I am pretty sure that no one from ZOS will read this because they just don't care. But still, I take this opportunity to call them exactly what they are: a bunch on untrained chimps. Thank you

got yesterday 5 times killed by shards from mages,

should I now call for a NERF of shards???
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neloth wrote: »

Range magblade; but if you equip for melee.

It’s a range counter for a mostly melee class who’s gap closer is just a pull or an ultimate for a leap. It used to mean for me; close in for melee or light attack 4 times but now you can spam crushing shock at them.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The fact that you can just perma reflect while you're attacking is not OP. Noted, thanks for your opinion.

Perma reflect?

xD

Wings are quite expensive and have little to no way to reflect beams. Besides they are bugged as hell. It is rare a DK slots them nowadays.

Maybe you should look at the Shield ulti, which in my opinion is the biggest offender... and that one can be used for any class.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
This discussion has been closed.