The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Natural Predation - Magden 8.5k Birds Are Here!! Build Guide

Waffennacht
Waffennacht
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Natural Predation
So you want to be on the top of the food chain?

tGqOiSf.jpg

Welcome to another build guide by Waffennacht. Usually my guides are non-META builds with the purpose to inspire new and creative ideas. Well not this time, this time I wanted to go with pure power, I wanted to hunt, I wanted to be a Predator.

Class
Warden

Race
Altmer, Argonian, Breton
-My Warden is an Altmer

KGvPO6J.png
outside of Cyrodiil, Only buffs are Netch and Bird of Prey
I am missing the second Undaunted passive, missing the last DW passive, and only 1 gold Weapon

Sets
Innate Axiom x5/4 - The 5th piece being on the DW bar
Necropotence x5 - Jewelry and Armor
Shadowrend x2 - Monster Set

x6 Light Armor, x1 Heavy. All traits Impenetrable. All Max Magicka Glyphs.
x3 Spell Damage Glyphs

Duel Wield Swords for Passives, Main hand Nirnhoned, off-hand Precise.

Attributes
All in Magicka

Mundus
The Atronach
- Originally had the Apprentice and 1 Magicka Recovery Glyph, but switching to all damage on jewelry and to the atronach gave me about 100 more regen at the cost of about 100 spell damage.

Drs4vgY.png

I3Vm7Ra.png
Only Netch and Bird of Prey buff, No weapon/spell DMG glyph active

Innate Axiom - The power house in the jungle. Crafted requiring very little amount of traits to create (2), this set is very easily acquired and can be tailored to preferences. Crafted also mean you can look good while consuming the lesser creatures.
- Sets such as Axiom, Automaton, Sword Dancer, etc, all provide a weapon or spell damage boost that does not appear on the stat sheet. These sets become over looked because the damage buffs aren’t easily apparent. These sets are indeed buffed by Major Brutality and Major Sorcery etc. Axiom provides not only a great amount of damage, it provides a decent amount of stamina for CC breaking etc.
- Natural Predation uses the Warden class abilities for damage gaining the most from Axiom.
- While I have read that Axiom does not boost class heals, I get the impression while using this set, that it does actually buff the heals. But without further testing I cannot say this with confidence.

Necropotence - An obvious choice for a Magicka Warden, massive buff to Max Magicka giving both damage and big shields.

Shadowrend - A set that provides offensive pressure while being defensive, gives the build access to minor maim and magicka regeneration. Surprisingly does well in B.G.s and Open World. I am very impressed with this set.

Abilities

Duel Wield Front Bar:
Accelerated Drain, Deep Fissure, Fletcher Flies, Dampen Magicka, Screaming Cliff Racer Ultimate: Northern Storm

Restoration Staff Back Bar:
Flex, Corrupting Pollen, Bird of Prey, Healing Ward, and Bull Netch Ultimate: Life’s Champion

Accelerated Drain: This is the build’s hard CC, used to line up burst or disrupt the opponent. You will block cancel this ability immediately and still gain the minor expedition.

Bull Netch over Betty: This still grants you the Major Sorcery Buff while allowing to have plenty of stamina to CC break consistently. When combined with Bird O Prey you should always have plenty of Stamina to get out of any CC.

Flex: This slot can be defensive with Elusive Mist, Living Trellis, or Shimmering Shield. Mist is typically used in B.G.s where combat is secondary. Living Trellis provides great heals for cheap and access to Major Mending nearly all the time. Shimmering Shield is absolutely fantastic against Magicka Sorcerers or Magicka Night Blades, almost gg.
Offensively the Flex spot can be Winter’s Revenge for area denial or I sometimes slot Proxy Det. for added burst or group busting.

https://youtu.be/JJhtMSMd13c

Champion Points

The Tower
-Warlord 56
-Siphoner 4

The Lover
-Arcanist 75

The Shadow
-Befoul 62
-Tumbling 31
-Shadow Ward 2

The Apprentice
-Elf Born 56
-Elemental Expert 75

The Atronach
-Master-at-Arms 81

The Ritual
-Thaumaturge 18

The Steed
-Iron Clad 51
-Resistant 42

The Lady
-Hardy 37
-Elemental Defender 37
-Thick Skinned 37

The Lord
-Bastion 26

Food
Witch Mother’s Brew

https://youtu.be/uk7K8aaaRIo
BG sampler

Potion
Detect Potions with Magicka Return - because you know if you take away their cloak, the NB that relies on cloak, they will lose.

Thank you very much for your time. I really hope you enjoy this build. I know I do

A special thanks goes out to @Lexxypwns @Minno @Thogard @Beardimus @paulsimonps @Blobsky and EVERYONE on the forums. You guys are the real Predators

If I forgot anything please let me know, ask any questions, if I can help with anything I'll do so!
Edited by Waffennacht on December 12, 2017 12:48AM
Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
1300+ CP
Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why not create the thread when you have the guide ready?

EDIT. ahh, working on it on your phone. Makes sense. I would have thought the initial build would be easier to do mostly on the PC/Mac but forget not everyone is on PC.. Thx for the clarity.
    Edited by idk on December 11, 2017 6:19AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because this way I can also work on it while on my phone at work to be frank

Lol yeah. And don't worry my job is doing giving surveys over the phone about hospitals, so I'll get done fairly quickly lmao
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 11, 2017 6:28AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    holy *** Oo

saved for later :)

can u tell me when the guide will be rdy?
    Edited by Trashs1 on December 11, 2017 7:02AM
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    holy *** Oo

Tomorrow, well more like 13-ish hours
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    holy *** Oo

Tomorrow, well more like 13-ish hours

im looking forward to it :)

i know u are from the states and depending where are u from its verry early/late so gn8 xD
    Edited by Trashs1 on December 11, 2017 7:18AM
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    How is Madden compared to stamden

relatively worse than stamden but with 8k birds that could change
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, seems like a strong way to build to the strengths of dive, but it all depends on the player you are up against, CP, gear etc. I've gotten off a 10k powerlash against a 500cp sorc with shields down.

Would like to see, if this can be consistent then the sub/bird/pulse combo could kill mad fast.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    Would like to see, if this can be consistent then the sub/bird/pulse combo could kill mad fast.

Hell, if it's consistent the bird-bird-bird combo could kill pretty quicky : P
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on December 11, 2017 4:41PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because this way I can also work on it while on my phone at work to be frank

Lol yeah. And don't worry my job is doing giving surveys over the phone about hospitals, so I'll get done fairly quickly lmao

Forget the build, you hiring?
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    22owl.jpg

I can't wait :D
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    22owl.jpg

I can't wait :D

It's only fair to bring this image back:
    giphy.gif
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • GrigorijMalahevich
    GrigorijMalahevich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cadt those bugs dot or whatever, charge that underground stun, cast bird and soul assault - pro burst
    PC/EU 800 CP.
    PvP MagSorc.
    Pedro Gonzales - Mag Sorc EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/CB6j6
    Valera Progib - Stam Sorc DC vMA Flawless Conqueror clear https://i.imgur.com/eYgpXG2.png
    Valera Pozhar - Mag DK EP vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/jrsuK
    Valera Podlechi - Mag Templar AD vMA Flawless Conqueror clear http://imgur.com/a/N0BYq
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Domander on December 11, 2017 8:46PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Domander wrote: »

NOOOOOO!

lol very soon

Edit: also 10.5k fissures O-o
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 11, 2017 9:08PM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here ya guys go!! Let me know if I need to add anything :)

Edit: @Lexxypwns we only have like 3 locations in the US lol
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 12, 2017 12:13AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Axiom eh? Interesting...
    Edited by Tryxus on December 12, 2017 1:27AM
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
  • Izaki
    Izaki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh god, that bird spam... I think that Magicka Warden has the stupidest gameplay this game has seen since One Tamriel when proc sets were a big thing.
    @ Izaki #PCEU
    #FrenchKiss #GoneFor2YearsAndMyGuildDoesn'tRaidAnymore
    #MoreDPSthanYou
    #Stamblade
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Izaki wrote: »
    Oh god, that bird spam... I think that Magicka Warden has the stupidest gameplay this game has seen since One Tamriel when proc sets were a big thing.

Yeah, you go: fissure, flies, bird, bird bird fissure bird bird bird, flies fissure bird bird bird ;)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like a lot of this, except for the one set

I'm not sold on innate axiom at all, even if it works on all class abilities. It's stat value is low. But also, you're not using any stam abilities (making the physical crit useless), so why not just go for a Magicka/SD set and get your stam from 2-3x big piece tri glyphs

(This is where I bury you with set ideas that you've probably already thought about)

SPC and 2 tri glyphs would be better (downside, you would need an SPC sword, which is not an easy farm) and offer a nice group buff, at the cost of 3% crit

Blood thorn/Amber plasm would be another option, trading mundus back to apprentice and possibly the blue netch.

Or go full damage with War Maiden/spinners.

For ease of crafting, Magnus+apprentice and green netch

Apprentice and one spell damage set bonus is better than the innate axiom 5 piece
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like a lot of this, except for the one set

I'm not sold on innate axiom at all, even if it works on all class abilities. It's stat value is low. But also, you're not using any stam abilities (making the physical crit useless), so why not just go for a Magicka/SD set and get your stam from 2-3x big piece tri glyphs

(This is where I bury you with set ideas that you've probably already thought about)

SPC and 2 tri glyphs would be better (downside, you would need an SPC sword, which is not an easy farm) and offer a nice group buff, at the cost of 3% crit

Blood thorn/Amber plasm would be another option, trading mundus back to apprentice and possibly the blue netch.

Or go full damage with War Maiden/spinners.

For ease of crafting, Magnus+apprentice and green netch

Apprentice and one spell damage set bonus is better than the innate axiom 5 piece

Because I'm not entirely familiar off hand I'll just do a comparison

Necro + Axiom = approx 8k mag, 400 spell DMG, 833 spell crit, 1k stam or raw power of 12k DMG + crit then 425 in spell DMG glyph 240 Regen mundus

SPC. + Necro? = 9k mag + 4 spell DMG or 13k raw power no crit no Stam assuming same Glyphs as above or else less DMG but requires a heal on full health for a chance to proc (dunno if it's even possible to front bar SPC and still get the proc)

- so basically a little less damage for a lot more work/ not very practical. Oh and I'm almost always solo (except BGs I suppose)

Blood thorn or Amber is gonna be at least 150 or more spell DMG less I can just tell right now, or about the same without crit or Stam and again, they don't like to be front barred/1 bar only. Bloodthorn would work better but won't do anything when on resto bar and you had to switch mundus to get there. Amberplasm will lose out a lot when on back bar. Again you're relying on mundus for DMG so you can't afford those seconds of lost regen when back peddling.

So yeah your sets can work out to similar damage, but lose a lot more consistency don't you agree?

Tldr: when using sets to maintain sustain, you lose too much by not having them on both bars
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 12, 2017 2:12AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    RE: people questioning the choice of Axiom-

when you push single goals on any build you go away from being generally strong. Bloodspawn or Amber would probably yield a more durable, well-rounded build, SPC would give more group utility--but is that the point of this build?

It's akin to overload ganking. You don't run amberplasm on that build, despite the strength of the set in a vacuum. The goal is too narrow to sacrifice things. If you are getting 5 more damage from Axiom than more rounded setups, that's still 5 more damage.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember seeing spellpower cure also procs on yourself so you wouldn’t need a group for its benefits. Plus it’s max, max, spell damage and an extra 258 that you can have up 100% if you run hot's. This is of course if it procs on yourself, which it should, I've been working on getting it for myself cause it's perfect for Warden.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember seeing spellpower cure also procs on yourself so you wouldn’t need a group for its benefits. Plus it’s max, max, spell damage and an extra 258 that you can have up 100% if you run hot's. This is of course if it procs on yourself, which it should, I've been working on getting it for myself cause it's perfect for Warden.

I forgot about the passive heal. But imo it's really simple for me. 400 spell DMG, 1.1k mag 1.1k Stam 4% spell crit > 2.2k mag 387 spell DMG

It's also 100% up time vs nearly 100% up time.

So I trade 1.1k mag for 1.1k Stam and 4% crit. With +70% crit DMG I think the 4% crit chance wins over the 1.1k mag in damage and I get Stam :)

Hey don't forget sometimes I do hit with a la weave (wpn crit lol) !
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I forgot about the passive heal. But imo it's really simple for me. 400 spell DMG, 1.1k mag 1.1k Stam 4% spell crit > 2.2k mag 387 spell DMG

So I trade 1.1k mag for 1.1k Stam and 4% crit. With +70% crit DMG I think the 4% crit chance wins over the 1.1k mag in damage and I get Stam :)

No, I wasn't trying to sway you into changing your build I was just saying spellpower cure isn't necessarily a group set lol since it seems people implied that.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, I wasn't trying to sway you into changing your build I was just saying spellpower cure isn't necessarily a group set lol since it seems people implied that.

Lol np, but hey it beat @Lexxypwns Stamden, how bad can it be ;)

(Lol it was a friendly duel waiting for BGs - where he did score better - but he is the better player)
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    there are actually 2 kinda similar builds out now.

yours with axium and cresents with war maiden and soul asault ult

interesting

question is how good is the class frost ult besides the 8% max magica (or the stun) in comparation to a 80k tooltip soul asault

also in your video u are duelling a lot of potatoes xD staff magdk for eg
    Edited by Trashs1 on December 12, 2017 6:28AM
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    How is Madden compared to stamden

stamden will hit harder but you get less fun skills to play with.
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Trashs1 well there's a few non potatoes in there, like the former emperor, RFA guys are decent, I just wanted to show enough to be a sampler :)

Soul Is great 1v1 against a fair number of builds. For 1vX I think the added max mag and damage, protection, snare of northern storm wins out

On this build (which isn't even maxed out yet) and without a spell DMG glyph proc, you can slot Soul Assault as is (not even changing CP lmfao) and get 78k Soul Assault.

So I go that 80k and 10.5k (hitting for in PvP) fissures ;)

My N Storm tool tip is 6400 per sec for 8 sec or 51,000 damage, and can still attack.

To each their own tho
    Edited by Waffennacht on December 12, 2017 7:07AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds