The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Any bans planned for the Felms VAS exploit?

• dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People exploit a lot of things in this game now. A good example that drives me nuts is the way people seem to want to run Fungal Grotto 2. Every time I queue for it nowadays people want to pull Reggr (big nord axe spinning guy who sucks out energy) to the stairs and glitch out 90% of his effects. I recognize that smart play should be part of the game but this kind of play is boring and not what we were sold before the game's release. I miss the days when npc's would call other guards up the path to come attack you... that was when DK chains were a lot more important. My only beef with that was not making leash more like chains. At any regard there are lots of oddball mechanics that are in the game that are unintended but defy intended design. Almost everyone is guilty of using these mechanics because the devs didn't fix or alter them and not because there is something wrong with the player base. I'm not really familiar with doing Asylum in the manner described in this discussion but this sounds like a ZOS problem and not a player problem. ZoS should not punish players for its own bad mistakes - it should fix them.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭
    As sad as I am to say this, if this was considered an exploit, ZOS would have taken action by now, especially considering how quickly they came down on the last vAS HM exploit.

I would say it is now safe to assume this is an acceptable, albeit, super cheesy way to clear the fight.....
  • Sarah_Flare
    The biggest issue I see is that I do think it's an exploit. And why not be the group that reports the exploit...instead of continuously utilizing it. My raid group/gm has reported numerous bugs, glitches, exploits when we encounter them so that we can continue to improve the game rather than profit off of them. The groups that have been using the Felms exploit have sold numerous runs/skins for gold. Yes, this game has issues, but when you're making a game to work on three different platforms it's bound to happen, especially when there isn't a pts for console.
    Edited by Sarah_Flare on December 16, 2017 9:46PM
  • The_Brosteen
    The_Brosteen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silence is a form of communications so because nothing has been said about this by devs someone should share how to do it :)
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tsukiino wrote: »

Zenimax you all said you'll be hard on the cheaters, but you haven't said a word about this situation.

Curious.

When was this said?
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Tsukiino
    Tsukiino
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Tsukiino wrote: »

Zenimax you all said you'll be hard on the cheaters, but you haven't said a word about this situation.

Curious.

When was this said?

ESO Live on the 10th of November (?)
  • BloodBeast_ESO
    BloodBeast_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Balamoor wrote: »
    sure ban people who encounter glitched things...hell no don't even think of fixing them!

ESO where players can harass, threaten real world harm, doxx, and intimidate you for riding an Apex mount with impunity, but you can get banned for encountering glitches.

It's all about perspective

Lol
  • itsfatbass
    itsfatbass
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Silence is a form of communications so because nothing has been said about this by devs someone should share how to do it :)

It's been shared, read the previous comments on this post.
    ~PC/NA~ Magblade, Tankanist, Healplar, Stamcro, Oakensorc, Healden, Tanknight ~PLUR~
  • Tsar_Gekkou
    Tsar_Gekkou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they doing anything about the wall glitch in the St. Olms fight on Xbox? Apparently you can get over one of the walls and walk around on the outside edge, and St. Olms can't directly attack you. He'll just walk in place towards you if you have aggro, and as long as you dodge his steam breath, you can just keep him there outside of his jumping phase.
    Xbox NA healer main
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+3 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA HM | vRG HM |
    Flawless Conqueror | Spirit Slayer | Dro-mA'thra Destroyer | Tick-Tock-Tormentor | Immortal Redeemer | Gryphon Heart | Godslayer | Dawnbringer | Planesbreaker |
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are they doing anything about the wall glitch in the St. Olms fight on Xbox? Apparently you can get over one of the walls and walk around on the outside edge, and St. Olms can't directly attack you. He'll just walk in place towards you if you have aggro, and as long as you dodge his steam breath, you can just keep him there outside of his jumping phase.

Another wall exploit??

How hard can it be for ZOS to code it in to reset the boss fight if there are players not within the normal bounds when a fight is initiated? There are so many different ways to fix all of these wall glitches and out of map kills that have happened in vMoL and vAS.
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Another wall exploit??

How hard can it be for ZOS to code it in to reset the boss fight if there are players not within the normal bounds when a fight is initiated? There are so many different ways to fix all of these wall glitches and out of map kills that have happened in vMoL and vAS.

Just look at what they have done with vmol when they tried to fix the wall glitches. We now have a corner that instant kills everyone, a wall that teleports everyone out of the trial who gets to close to it and we can no longer mount.
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ATM it's possible to glitch out Saint Felms in VAS (can't say how on the forums obviously) so that he just stands there without doing any mechanics and can be safely DPSed down. Any bans planned for this? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_RichLambert

why should they do that?
    and btw we all know that any achievment coming from there is just as much worth as dust in the wind...........
    let them have it, and they always have in mind what s++++++ they are