The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

This strange feeling of defeat and fortuneless

trowlk
trowlk
✭✭✭✭
I'm here to create a support group for those who feel disppointed, betrayed and a have a void in their stomachs because of the current and some past events.
I saw a lot of people, including myself, that didn't recieve anything special from both this Dungeon Event and the past free Crown Crates.
Ok, so is this another rage post about the unfairness of these free events? I think it's the opposite, I wanted to create this "support group" to calm the stress of those who are complaining.

Let's start by accepting the reality: Both of these events offer amazing rewards but with an incredible low chance. You and I can't complain for not obtaining them although we want them badly.

Every time I get angry in my life, I remember the 5 stages of grief: denial, anger, bargaining, depression and acceptance.

Denial: Happens during the event, when you wake up every morning to complete your daily dungeons, expecting one of the rare rewards and even the jackpot. Sadly this isn't a event where you get what you want. Don't work youself so hard to obtain the rewards this or the next time.

Anger: Now because we got nothing from the rewards, we rampage the forums, complaining about our bad luck and how the event was unfair, and maybe it is. Let the anger go, don't get stressed because of it and most importantly, don't let this event have repercussions on your real life.

Barganining: After the event is over, people will come back to the forums and ask for all kinds of things to the developers, from requests to prolong the event to petitions to sell the included rewards. There will be a time when the rewards come back to the store, be patience and let's hope that the next time they will not come in misterious rewards.

Depression Right now I'm facing this stage, me and many others tried so hard to get one of the rewards, but our efforts were for nothing. This goes for me and the rest of the players: Don't get sad for not getting something as insignificant as a collective item, it's not worth to feel depressed a day or a couple of days because of this.

Acceptance: We now realize that there's nothing in our power to change our outcome in the event. We will have to wait for another chance to get our desired reward, be it crown store or another event.

Now I feel relieved. I hope this post brings some kind of peace to the readers, as it did to me. Have a good day!
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    RNG y u do this to me
    Options
  • reiverx
    reiverx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get those very feelings after every update.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Posts like these (even if they're meant in a light-hearted way) belittle those who go through legitimate grief over stuff that actually matters.

If your frustration with this event is so profound that you actually find yourselves going through the five stages of grief, you need to turn off your PC/console, get off the Internet, and spend some time volunteering at a homeless shelter. Maybe it will help you put your lack of a free cosmetic reward into some perspective.
    Options
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aaaaaannnnnnndddddd these forums have hit a new low..
    I need a support group to understand why so many people play this game that hate it and feel the need to just complain about any little thing. Complaining about rng takes away from real issues, like bugs and actual game breaking problems.
    No MMO offers amazing rewards with a high chance. It devalues the prize. Amazing how no one here can grasp that concept.
    Edited by Kel on December 6, 2017 2:17PM
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re letting virtual items in a virtual world that don’t even accomplish anything in that world affect you this much then I highly suggest taking a break from ESO and finding something irl that provides a sense of accomplishment. I’m not joking.
    Options
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright.

I did not participated really (apart from those three first runs with the new guild Friendly Dungeon Runners that "adopted" me oh the poor orphan) I was happy with the new experience...

Anyway...it's how I saw myself and felt during those runs :p

giphy.gif

Cheers!
    And cheer up!
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
    Options
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Posts like these (even if they're meant in a light-hearted way) belittle those who go through legitimate grief over stuff that actually matters.

If your frustration with this event is so profound that you actually find yourselves going through the five stages of grief, you need to turn off your PC/console, get off the Internet, and spend some time volunteering at a homeless shelter. Maybe it will help you put your lack of a free cosmetic reward into some perspective.

This literally exactly what happened, though lmao. Obviously not as serious as legitimate grief, but there’s no reason to be offended by it. Anyone that feels belittled by this is way too sensitive. I thought it was funny.
    Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP did predict the arc of forum posts rather accurately.
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP did predict the arc of forum posts rather accurately.

I'm currently in the 6th stage: Pizza
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This literally exactly what happened, though lmao. Obviously not as serious as legitimate grief, but there’s no reason to be offended by it. Anyone that feels belittled by this is way too sensitive. I thought it was funny.

"Too sensitive"? I thought you were leaving the game because you didn't get a free cosmetic item?
    Options
  • ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Too sensitive"? I thought you were leaving the game because you didn't get a free cosmetic item?
    Touché, but there’s still a difference between taking offense to a satirical post and venting frustration over missing out on a long sought after item, perhaps to an exaggerated degree. And it was the PRINCIPLE of the matter. But I won’t dive back into that.
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's why I don't get bent out of shape just because I missed getting a virtual pixilated item that's completely superfluous. It's just not worth it.

Too bad I missed the event, I guess :shrug:
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just looked at it as a lotto chance (i.e. I'm NOT gonna win anything too serious/fantastical).

Got some miscellaneous stuff that I never would have bought (mostly dyes) and I'm looking at it as a potentially fun bennie to the rewards we already get for doing randoms.

The idea that anyone would EXPECT to get amazing, thrilling "apex" rewards just shows me how many first world/entitled silly people there are in this game - and people with a lack of understanding of basic statistics.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Touché, but there’s still a difference between taking offense to a satirical post and venting frustration over missing out on a long sought after item, perhaps to an exaggerated degree. And it was the PRINCIPLE of the matter. But I won’t dive back into that.

Maybe I take offense to it because of my line of work. If you were to see the sort of things that I see on a regular basis -- the anguish people go through when they've just lost their loved ones to disease and trauma, or the hardships people endure due to life circumstances beyond their control -- then you might also find it hard to see much humour in a forum post that applies the five stages of grieving to one's failure to win free cosmetic rewards in a video game. It's obviously okay to be disappointed over this event, but at the end of the day, it's really not that big of a deal in the greater scheme of things. Don't go overboard with it; give constructive feedback to the devs without throwing your toys out the cot and move on.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stayed up too late trying to do the dailies (thank you 20 hour timer plus bugs and crashes)

Gave myself a migraine

8 hours of pure hell...

Vomit everywhere...

I got 5 tri pots
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even worse I used my eso plus crowns to get storm crate hoping my bad luck with mystery box event changes and all I got was tattoos and potions. Ughhh Im bitter
    Options
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have bought so many crown crates and ran a million dungeons. Not one of them dropped the scroll of:

Scroll of Dimension Closing: kyne

I’m so hopeless and helpless.... dem feels.

Options
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People keep calling all these cosmetics "pixels" and it's time I whinge about that.

Cosmetics/consumables are displayed via the pixels, the tiny lights on the screen that make up the full image.

Wearable cosmetics are made of polygons, geometric shapes arranged in a vector to create a form, with rasterized textures to give that form an appearance more appealing than a solid-colored paper mache.

Consumables are variable modifiers, adding or subtracting (but mostly adding) values to various variables to character data.

Dyes (from what I can tell) apply filters to textures and modify their normal maps.

The only "pixels" that anybody can complain about not getting are non-physical, non-consumable, unusable items. In other words, nobody is complaining about not getting a thumbnail.

/rant
    Edited by Alpheu5 on December 7, 2017 6:43PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
    Options
  • elsmogro
    elsmogro
    I love the events because it brings more people in and i actually get a chance to do things like world bosses, that I’m too much of a wuss to beat alone. Lol
    I enjoy seeing lots of players running about, it’s also nice to think i could win something even though it’s highly unlikely.
    Some people do get a little emotionally involved in games but they may have very little irl so it’s literally everything to them.
    Options
  • Ruckly
    Ruckly
    ✭✭✭✭
    or you can try the Calvinistic approach: Predestination. Then it goes anger->acceptance->bargaining-> anger->acceptance->bargaining-> anger->acceptance->bargaining-> anger->acceptance->bargaining-> anger->acceptance->bargaining-> anger->acceptance->bargaining-> ad indefinitum.
    Options
  • Rouven
    Rouven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edit: My form of calvinism.

Denial-and-Acceptance.jpg?fit=820%2C661&ssl=1

Edited by Rouven on December 7, 2017 7:52PM
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time. ~ Terry Pratchett
    Options
  • FinneganFroth
    FinneganFroth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what all the problems are. I got Aetherial Dust and an Imperial Warhorse from opening 4 holiday boxes. I'm just fine with the event :)

P.S.- this is just me bragging about the amazing RNG I had recently, lol.
    Options
  • thomas1970b16_ESO
    thomas1970b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Its just a game man, relax
    Options
  • JiKama
    JiKama
    ✭✭✭✭
    What if I said I got what I wanted? Say..... Dark Shammy costume/ Treasure Hunter costume/ Ugly Doggo pet/ 3 purp CwC recipes. Yeah..... I guess it does suck for those less fortunate :tongue:
    Options
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have no expectations you will never be disappointed.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have no expectations you will never be disappointed.

First three events created expectations
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I read the OP as being a clever way to complain so that your thread doesn't get consolidated in to some other super long thread nobody pays attention to anymore.
    Options
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh hush, I have real issues and I still laughed at this
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
    Options
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you be disappointed about not getting free stuff ?
    This last batch of free crates I got purple lipstick.
    The previous batch I got a mount.

Don't expect anything and you won't be let down.

Way too many people had high hopes for good loot from this dungeon event.
    Options
  • erliesc
    erliesc
    ✭✭✭
    jabrone77 wrote: »
    Aaaaaannnnnnndddddd these forums have hit a new low..
    I need a support group to understand why so many people play this game that hate it and feel the need to just complain about any little thing. Complaining about rng takes away from real issues, like bugs and actual game breaking problems.
    No MMO offers amazing rewards with a high chance. It devalues the prize. Amazing how no one here can grasp that concept.

I've seen it in myself and I see it in others.

The real problem with playing this game is mostly THE PLAYER. I notice that when I'm feeling on top of it...my game seems to go well...having fun despite issues or not.

Other times things don't seem so good.

There is so much going on in this game that no one in their right mind couldn't find something interesting to do. Graphics are good...walking into a setting sun can make you cry.

I'm not such a good player that I can reasonably criticise the game very much...I go with the flow. I can go out chasing chests...sometimes I hit it big...sometimes I don't...main thing is to keep on trying because things never happen the way you think they will.

Some players must be REAL EXPERTS. VR has it's own rules which are not exactly the same as real life...wherever that may be.

Heal thyself...PLAYER. Observe your own reality to understand what's going on? And I mean the reality inside your mind. Don't tell me you've never looked in there. Take a peek.
    I know nutting....
    Options
This discussion has been closed.