The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

best 2 pc monster set for maelstrom

pteam
pteam
✭✭✭
I seen a post from @Liofa that made me think about what 2 pc monster sets could be really good in maelstrom (and maybe some other content areas)
Liofa wrote: »
The main reason Maw of Infernal is not mentioned in any build is because it's a huge Daedroth that pushes other people around . A pain to group members in a trial . I can easily say it does double the damage Ilambris does . Highest damage output is from Maw of the Infernal , without a doubt . Extra effective in vMA because it can be targeted and probably will take aggro from some enemies . That's why it is so easy to do vMA with double pet sorcerer . You are not the only enemy there . There are 4 of you in total and aggro from adds are split between pets and you .

About Infernal Guardian . I think it is definitely better than Ilambris because it is burst damage will most likely target archers and get rid of them while you are fighting annoying melee adds .

Ilambris is meh because the 5 seconds of meteor rain in a small area . Most enemies die in less than 3-4 seconds anyways . That's the main reason Ilambris is meh for vMA .

Another option would be Grothdarr . That thing will melt anything that comes close to you .

I would just keep Grothdarr , Maw and Guardian in my inventory and switch them for different fights .

The thought of Maw of Infernal doing really good dps and taking aggro and providing the 1 pc health bonus seems really good for maelstrom. Not to mention having a crem guard daedroth on your team seems really fun!

Also I was thinking about 2 pc iceheart: (1 items) Adds 833 Spell Critical

(2 items) When you deal Critical Damage, you have a 20% chance to gain a damage shield that absorbs 8600 damage for 6 seconds. While the damage shield holds, you deal 770 Cold Damage to all enemies within 5 meters of you every 1 second. This effect can occur once every 6 seconds.

This is especially good for a mag sorc with running power surge or crit surge as the extra crit not only equates to extra damage but also extra healing procs. I read somewhere that somebody was using 2 pc iceheart and the sheild would proc all the time for them and it does a little dps in addition. With around a 50% crit chance and damage constantly being done from your pets it does seem like your proc uptime could be pretty high. Would the shield on this stack with your normal shield if your regular shield was on and then this extra sheild proc'd?
The Flawless Conqueror
Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shields always stack.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No such thing as best. LZH just did a 603K score on his sorc and he was wearing SlimeCraw. Most of the really high NB scores I have seen (600K+) have used Grothdar. First 600k VMA score ever was done on a stam sorc with velidreth (which I think is the best stam set). I typically run ilambris on my sorc.

Iceheart is overrated IMO. You really should only be casting shields in anticipation of damage spikes, and relying on a proc for that is a very poor move IMO. If you are newer to the arena, then yeah, it adds an extra layer of protection, and the shields certainly stack.

I am not a huge fan of Maw in there. The aggro part is nice, but you already have a pet. I want things that instant proc or simply boost stats because most things die too fast in the arena. Maw seems to take a while to get going, which I dont like, and I prefer as few pets as possible.
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Infernal Guardian is a good option for vMA because it procs often, the fireball can kill the easy mobs, but it can also point the player to a mob's location, so they are very useful in rounds where adds that need to die fast spawn in various places, making it tricky to keep track of them, like the plants in stage 3, the dwemer sentries in stage 4, the webspinners in stage 6 (IG is particularly great for this round), and the venom callers in stage 7.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mag:
    Infernal guardian for starter builds.
    Skoria since its on target+AoE. But the requiring dots might end up in dead opponent before. Health is nice
    Illambris because easy procs
    Slimecraw for free dmg depending on class
    Groth because AoE, nice damage, and follows. I'd say one of the best options since fights are usually shorter.

Stam:
    Veli 3 targets, high damage, easy proc.
    Selenes. Similar as above
    Skoria Damage is a little lower that on say a DK, but it procs often enough and same reasons as above.
    Edited by ak_pvp on November 30, 2017 10:29PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Oakmontowls_ESO
    Oakmontowls_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grothdar gave me the extra boost to complete it for the first time. I use it and swap out for skoria on the behemoth fight.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grothdar gave me the extra boost to complete it for the first time. I use it and swap out for skoria on the behemoth fight.

Haha, yep, nothing like having Grothdar proc and kill your shield buddy. :)

• Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Slimercraw, anyone ? it seems good when you don't already have the buff like the magNB.
    Edited by Apherius on December 1, 2017 9:17PM