The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Main reason you end up leaving a normal 4 man dungeon early?

coop500
coop500
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
As the title says, what's the most common reason for you personally to end up leaving a dungeon? note this is mainly normal, but you can answer for vet too

Edit: To all the smarty pants saying 'when it's done' and voting other... good job ruining the poll results.
Edited by coop500 on November 29, 2017 8:13PM
Wishing for Lilmothiit race still! Or maybe Lilmothiit companion?

Main reason you end up leaving a normal 4 man dungeon early? 98 votes

Get kicked by other teammates
5%
code65536raj72616aTasearYamiKurukucoop500 5 votes
Because the team is too low level
5%
twnhnyscratch45MarabornwingrionLeagueTrollJester8100 5 votes
Because the team can't get by
38%
MorbashSBCMojmirBeastnasHrogunzariarosendoichinoveb17_ESORosveenkojouStreegaDHalepaulsimonpsReverbSploshThe_LexmildlylucidRehdaunBlazingDynamoHorowonnoegabriebe 38 votes
Because someone lied about their role
7%
fastolfv_ESOSlurganothermeDuckNoodlesElusiinBobby_V_RockitArsenex 7 votes
Someone keeps rushing ahead and don't let you look around/open chests
2%
ElvenChampionDalbaeth 2 votes
Someone is being annoying in chat, making demands or otherwise being rude
11%
SpacemonkeyRawkanredspecter23NiclasFridholmStrider__RoshinwistalaaltemrielSygil05ZhaedriRnJezusWrathOfInnos 11 votes
Other
30%
SirAndyDeadlyRecluseAlchemicallolo_01b16_ESOAzuryaKoensolidkNifty2gczarCillion3117newtinmplsGandrhulf_HarbardDefiltedGlaiceanaDankstaIlsabetkyle.wilsonInarreKrishakPanettierUfretin 30 votes
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mine is getting kicked, though it still happens rarely, it usually happens the most because I'm stubborn and refuse to leave a group even if we're doing bad.

Overall though, I've only been kicked like 5 times over my whole course of playing the game (from December 2016) One time I was healer and was kicked because we had bad DPS, go figure that one...

Only time I leave the dungeon is if everyone else left already lol.
    Edited by coop500 on November 29, 2017 7:53PM
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Wiping over and over in a base game dungeon isn't the most thrilling thing
    #MOREORBS
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Other: It's finished.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    Wiping over and over in a base game dungeon isn't the most thrilling thing

That's "Team can't get by"
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in normal dungeon I don't leave. I just finish it solo !
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never left a normal 4 man dungeon, can complete most of them solo, so I've never had a case where I couldn't complete one.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rarely PUG, but I usually leave because the team can't finish the dungeon. It's usually a unanimous decision. I find it rude to just leave without saying anything if the group is actually trying.
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    We finished the dungeon and there's no point in standing around after we get our loot and turn in the quest.

:tongue:
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I'm a tank and am doing the most DPS
  • Glaiceana
    Glaiceana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    I think I have only ever left a group because I absolutely had to go, most likely some real life thing, and that's super rare.
    I won't give up on a group that's struggling, or that has lied about its roles. Not to be bragging or anything, but if people all come on the wrong roles, I am at a level now where it will make little difference, and I will finish the dungeon fairly easily regardless. (Assuming I am on my main, which is a DD) :)
    I have stayed in vICP with a group that struggled for about 2 hours on the last boss. I refused to give up, I wanted to help them get through it. (In this case I was tanking). We did it in the end, and the players who were new to it and rather low level, were overjoyed to complete it and that we stayed to help them understand it. This is the payoff for your time, it is extremely rewarding to help people with content they haven't done or mechanics they don't yet know! :) I do understand that not everyone has endless patience or the time to spend in a group that may not be going too well, but if you get that chance, take it, you will be surprised how grateful people can be!
    Priests of Hircine
    Werewolves who bite for FREE! PC/EU
    Our total free bites: 7000+
    Guild Subreddit | Forum Thread | YouTube Playlist
    Total Champion Points: 1000+
    Main Character: Ithaera - Stam DK, Nord, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Rothelnog - Stam NB, Orc, Male, DD, Werewolf.
    J'Xena - Mag DK, Khajiit, Female, DD, Werewolf.
    Dances-With-Frost-Dragons - DK, Argonian, Male, Tank, Werewolf.
    Raziel The Paradox - Mag TP, Dark Elf, Male, DD, Vampire.
    Swims-Through-Starlight - TP, Argonian, Female, Healer, Werewolf.
    Glaicean Mag Ward, High Elf, Male, Ice DD, Werewolf.
    Hjurne Hircine's Forsaken - Sorc, Redguard, Male, PvP DD, Werewolf.
    My Total Free Werewolf Bites: 400+ (Ask me about bites if you need one!)
    Playing since July 2015!
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a normal dungeon. I'm not likely to leave for any reason really. It would have to be a DLC dungeon that I couldn't mostly solo on my own to begin with and would have to be annoying in some other way such as a lunatic in chat spouting nonsense.
  • czar
    czar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I've literally never left a dungeon.
    stam scrub
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Glaiceana wrote: »
    I think I have only ever left a group because I absolutely had to go, most likely some real life thing, and that's super rare.
    I won't give up on a group that's struggling, or that has lied about its roles. Not to be bragging or anything, but if people all come on the wrong roles, I am at a level now where it will make little difference, and I will finish the dungeon fairly easily regardless. (Assuming I am on my main, which is a DD) :)
    I have stayed in vICP with a group that struggled for about 2 hours on the last boss. I refused to give up, I wanted to help them get through it. (In this case I was tanking). We did it in the end, and the players who were new to it and rather low level, were overjoyed to complete it and that we stayed to help them understand it. This is the payoff for your time, it is extremely rewarding to help people with content they haven't done or mechanics they don't yet know! :) I do understand that not everyone has endless patience or the time to spend in a group that may not be going too well, but if you get that chance, take it, you will be surprised how grateful people can be!

I agree, I have spent hours too in the IC, both white gold tower and the prison a few times, usually as healer and i never left, or if I did, it was because everyone else did first. But it's super fun when we finally do it, much more fun then following a impatient person through a dungeon, going as fast as they can and making us pass HS and Chests.
  • Cillion3117
    Cillion3117
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I finished it.
  • waitwhat
    waitwhat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Get bored and decide to fish, or get invited to something more fun.
    PS4 NA AD ScourgeVivec Loading Screen Simulator 2017
    Khajiit stamblade main - Walking the Two-Moons Path and robbing cute Breton boys.
    Breton magplar vet Trial Healer - Promoting wellness through self-reflection.
    Argonian Tripot DK Cyrodiil Tank - One with the Hist and guarding cute Breton boys.
    Altmer magsorc PvE DPS - Scamp tramp and unrepentant lush.

"30s to eval"
    "Read the ******* lorebook."
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Because we finished it and everyone goes their own way ...
    shades.gif
  • coop500
    coop500
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    shades.gif

You do realize this answer stopped being funny after the 3rd one right?
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I (tank) often end up in a group that's stuck at a boss somewhere halfway through which means I won't be able to complete my pledge. I usually wait for them to say sth like "hey, would you mind helping us out at this boss?". If they remain silent and just take my help for granted (3/4 cases) I leave.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Hard to pick just one.

It drives me crazy when DPS queues as Tank or healer and never attempts to do either, but if we can get through the dungeon than I am down. If we cant and need a tank or healer I give it a few tries and then bounce.

I will work with a group and teach them the dungeon if they are willing to listen and learn it. Most of the time I find people want to learn. If the group cannot get it and will not change their tactics I will tell them I am leaving and also tell them good luck.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    coop500 wrote: »
    Edit: To all the smarty pants saying 'when it's done' and voting other... good job ruining the poll results.

Oh no. Years of research, wasted!
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Pretty much only if RL interferes.

Normal or vet I am willing to give everyone a chance. Heck, everyone starts off some place and many that complain about GF groups are not that far from the starting point.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    coop500 wrote: »
    SirAndy wrote: »
    shades.gif
    You do realize this answer stopped being funny after the 3rd one right?
    You do realize that i wasn't trying to be funny, right?

Apparently i need to elaborate more since stating a fact isn't enough for some people:
    I don't leave dungeons early

There, is that better? You understand my initial post now?
    confused24.gif

PS: Just to clarify to those who came here late, the OP edited his poll to add "early" to it
    Edited by SirAndy on November 29, 2017 8:38PM
  • GabiAlex
    GabiAlex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I had a screenshot with the reason I no longer play with pugs and I don't do anything group related without a party formed of guild members and friends, but i can't find it. Anyway, it was a lot text in Russian from the worst player I ever meet. I used an application to translate the text from the screenshot, it seems the dude was trying to hit a lot on me because female character = female in real life. This is not the reason I no longer play with pugs, however.

I was playing as my level 34 healer and because I felt masochist I decided to open the group finder and queue for a fast normal. I end up in a group of people of over 350 CP, I had nearly 500 back then in a already started Wayrest Sewers II. I said myself "maybe their healer lost connection and got kicked, nothing can get wrong, we all have a lot of CP so it will be fast. They where at the first boss. As soon as I arrive the fight starts. My heals were enough for such a trivial task as a normal dungeon with people over 300 CP, the two DDs were decent players too. But the tank, oh my. He was like 12k HP, but I have no issue with fake tanks in normal because I'm used to do them with 4DD or 1H3DD before hitting 300CP and be done with them faster. The problem is that he was an idiot that believed it was fun to make our run a pain. He taunted the boss and run with it around not letting the DDs do much damage to it, reset it few times, while spamming the chat with Cyrillic. We needed more time to kill that boss with that moron in the party than I usually need to finish the entire dungeon. We proceed to Uulgarg. Same scenario happen and the room is soon filled by flames. Me and both DDs are vampires, so you know how much we enjoy fire. I said myself: "I'm going to finish this, but this won't be the first time I'll vote to kick a player that isn't offline of AFK for too long." After many tries we managed to kill him because the "tank" got a break from running around and sit there to only spam the chat. we proceed to the next boss and repeat. One DD get annoyed and leave. I was tired and frustrated and already hated that *** so for the first time in my life I rage quit from a dungeon because that guy was too much of a pain.

TL;DR: I rage quit only one time from a dungeon because someone was trolling too much.
    @GabiAlex - PC EU Megaserver
    Delora Xiaphia - Aldmeri Dominion - Nightblade Bosmer
    Ugrim gro-Khar - Daggerfall Covenant - Dragonknight Orsimer
    Sena R'en - Ebonheart Pact - Sorcerer Dunmer
    Fjorik Firebeard - Ebonheart Pact - Templar Nord
    Ophelia Adel Maris - Aldmeri Dominion - Sorcerer Breton
    Drinks-In-Silence - Ebonheart Pact - Dragonknight Argonian
    Floriancen Larethian - Aldmeri Dominion - Warden Altmer
    Zahir at Unar - Daggerfall Covenant - Nightblade Redguard

• Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    I've never actually left a normal dungeon run - I can solo them for the most part, so don't worry if 1 or 2 others drop out of the group.

For Vet dungeons, the only way I leave is if it's obvious we can't complete the dungeon. This usually comes down to the tank not knowing what they're doing, or someone else slotted as a role they can't do.
  • rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    rosendoichinoveb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    The main reason for leaving vet dungeons is mostly not having good enough DPS to either complete it or to run it in a timely manner. There could be other reasons such as wiping or not doing the mechanics even when you tell the people what to do.

In most cases only DLC vet dungeons need a healer and a tank, with a few exceptions where 1 or 2 non DLC vet dungeons require a tank (such as spindelcutch 1 HM). If the DPS is good enough all vet DLC dungeons are even easier without a healer as you can skip mechanics.

Usual tactic when queuing with pugs is to see if someone dies constantly, and runs like a chicken if there is no tank instead of blocking or shielding, and of course one of the teammates being carried. When I do a 4 man and I see that I did more than 60% of the damage on the first boss I just leave as there is no point in wasting time.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never left a Group Finder group early on my own volition. Principle of the matter.

I have been kicked twice, though.

Once when I queued for a random normal on a lowbie. Got kicked for being low level. I guess it didn't matter I had a thousand CP...

And the other time I was kicked because I argued about mechanics. It was a DLC dungeon--forgot which--and we had wiped because the group didn't understand the mechanics and one person was telling them wrong information. I corrected him and explained how it should be done. He apparently did not take criticism well and initiated a vote-kick.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Normal Dungeons are so easy and over so soon there is no reason to leave one.

P.S. your poll wasn't ruined because people didn't vote according to your limited options, it just shows that your poll had insufficient options available to begin with.
    Edited by josiahva on November 29, 2017 9:24PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can think of 3 times so far for normal dungeons that I've left, all were dlc. Two of them were pretty much a mutual decision by all involved. I left a falkreath hold last week after 3 wipes at cernunnon, on the way to a fourth. Two of them were due to a dps with a gnats attention span who triggered the fight while I (tank) was too far outside, trying to explain something in chat about why we wiped the last time.
    I expect kicks may happen more if I run my lower level characters this week, although I've never voted to kick for anything but afk/offline so far.
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I almost never leave mid-dungeons, but 2 cirumstances where I did.

1. The dungeon was literally broken and we could not progress. It was Chudan in vRoM, the gate would not lower to let us in no matter what we did.

2. Some *** stamsorc thought he was going to solo the dungeon and pulled everything up to the boss, died.... then respawned and kept pulling more stuff. And did this for the first several bosses till I got sick and left the tank to clean it up by himself. Nuh-uh. My time's not that valuable, but I'm not gonna put up with people who think they're platinum league super stars then go on to suck and screw the rest of us over.

I've also left a WGT where the tank already left because I was too sleepy. I felt bad about it, but I did NOT want to deal with that. I've actually unsubbed from ESO+ for the event to eliminate the chance of getting WGT or ICP during the dungeon event.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has not happened much since CWC and level restrictions on the harder normal.
    Think it was just once, Darkshade 2 with my warden healer doing 50% damage on single target with her 6K.
    They made up for the low dps with an good ability to find stupid to stand in.
    Tank was decent but tank is pretty useless on last boss and he did not understood he could not tank the boss.
    All three was all over the room making it impossible to heal during the gas phase and none killed adds.

In short it require an combination of not understanding / handling mechanics and not being able to brute force it.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.