The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Mealstorm Arena Confusion

Lucasalex92
Lucasalex92
✭✭✭
Hi !
i just wanted to ask cuz everyone telling me different thing and every website have it diffrent info ,
Do i get mealstorm weapons for normal arena ? cuz this seems to say yes (ESO Academy) :
There are multiple rewards in the Maelstrom Arena. You will be able to loot enemies and these have chance to drop some of the new weapon and jewellery item sets, amongst other things. In both the Normal and Veteran modes you can be rewarded with these new sets. The Veteran Mode can possibly reward a Maelstrom Weapon. You will be also be rewarded after each stage of the Arena.
Bu serval players says its not .

lol shame they cant be sold would be much easier to buy than struggle (for people like me , who are not as good as other players lol)
  • splitsand
    splitsand
    ✭✭✭
    You can only get the "Maelstrom Arena Weapons" (i.e. The Maelstrom Bow --- extra damage on volley) for beating it on vet. But, you can get other sets that only drop in MA on normal, i.e. the hunt, winterborn, etc... Hope that clears things up for you.
  • SecretAtoz
    SecretAtoz
    ✭✭✭
    "The Veteran Mode can possibly reward a Maelstrom Weapon. You will be also be rewarded after each stage of the Arena."

Possibly? I thought you are guaranteed a MA weapon once you beat vMA. Also, that last sentence was badly placed.
  • rhapsodious
    rhapsodious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SecretAtoz wrote: »
    "The Veteran Mode can possibly reward a Maelstrom Weapon. You will be also be rewarded after each stage of the Arena."

Possibly? I thought you are guaranteed a MA weapon once you beat vMA. Also, that last sentence was badly placed.

They changed it to a guaranteed drop all the way back in Shadows of the Hist (I think), previously it was about a 50% chance iirc. So depending on the age of the article, they weren't wrong at the time.
    Edited by rhapsodious on November 28, 2017 5:49PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Must be an old quote. Weapons were not guaranteed to drop at release.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm assuming that website was never updated when they changed the vMA drops.

Originally, the weapons were not guaranteed. I think it took me almost 10 runs before I got my first weapon. My first vMA clear had a Helm of Glory in it. They changed the weapons to be guaranteed drops fall of last year.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    There are multiple rewards in the Maelstrom Arena. You will be able to loot enemies and these have chance to drop some of the new weapon and jewellery item sets, amongst other things. In both the Normal and Veteran modes you can be rewarded with these new sets.

This is correct, but it's not talking about Maelstrom weapons, it's talking about weapons belonging to the other sets that drop in Maelstrom Arena: Para Bellum, Elemental Succession, Winterborn, Glorious Defender, Hunt Leader, and Permafrost. Maelstrom weapons do not drop on normal mode; weapons from these sets do.
    The Veteran Mode can possibly reward a Maelstrom Weapon.

This is outdated. Beating veteran Maelstrom Arena always guarantees a Maelstrom weapon drop in the last boss's reward chest.

Also, it's Maelstrom, not mealstorm :p
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Pwnyridah
    Pwnyridah
    ✭✭✭
    Man mealstorm sounds awesome, hungry now...
  • TheNorthernDragon
    TheNorthernDragon
    ✭✭✭
    Mealstrom Trails Mix, 150% Max Stamina & Health!
  • Lucasalex92
    Lucasalex92
    ✭✭✭
    lol i can do it in normal its simple , but veteran its so much stress XD just to survive for me xD

i guess i will never be able to get my resto staff mealstor seems like its beast staff in game(one pice) which i really want XD

But would it be Bad if they make it , instead of Bind on Pickup >>> Bind on Equip ?
    I think it would be nicer
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol i can do it in normal its simple , but veteran its so much stress XD just to survive for me xD

i guess i will never be able to get my resto staff mealstor seems like its beast staff in game(one pice) which i really want XD

But would it be Bad if they make it , instead of Bind on Pickup >>> Bind on Equip ?

Maelstrom resto is very weak and no one uses it. Master's Resto is what you want.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Maelstrom resto is very weak and no one uses it. Master's Resto is what you want.

It's much better than it used to be. It's a legitimate sustain tool now. The top PC/EU magplar vMA score was done with a Maelstrom resto on back bar.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.