The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Make All Alliance Pots Grant CC Immun.

Vapirko
Vapirko
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Please? CC pots are just too expensive and they are pretty much mandatory if want to play solo or small scale. The crafted ones would still offer an edge over the Alliance versions.
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nah, the pots available are just fine.
    There should be trade-offs between what effects potions give.
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

You have to level your crafter and make your own immovable pots if its to expensive.

I buy a butt load of these, and Im helping to keep crafting relevant. I need pve crafters to make me food and pots so I can compete in PVP. Sure I could do it myself and have but thats less time in the field for me and my time is precious and Im willing to pay.

This is part of the economy of the game and one of the ways the PVE and PVP communities stay connected. Eliminate it and might as well have two different games.
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting alchemy to 50 takes 20 minutes, make them yourself, go to IC and get stones for mats. There's more ways to get potions than buying them from traders or asking zos to make unecessary changes.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Idk why ppl are against having something useful in pvp for alliance points.
    They would have to change the magicka pot if they did this though as spell dmg + immove would be rlly strong.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game only grants very basic potions as found items. The usual stamina, magicka, health, and for Thieves Guild, stealth and speed.

Anything more complicated, they've reserved for crafters as an incentive for players to learn Alchemy.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    get the materials ask a friend. I understand your point it can come down to chemistry
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    PC EU
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They would have to change the magicka pot if they did this though as spell dmg + immove would be rlly strong.

Thank you lol. I suppose it’s all the people who live in this game and don’t understand not having enough time to collect alchemy ingredients, or make the gold to buy them.

@Malic @bikerangelo @VaranisArano I level all my toons to alchemy 50, it’s not about that, that doesn’t take time. See above explanation. Don’t assume everyone who asks for something doesn’t understand this game.
    Edited by Vapirko on November 23, 2017 11:32PM
  • bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Thank you lol. I suppose it’s all the people who live in this game and don’t understand not having enough time to collect alchemy ingredients, or make the gold to buy them.

@Malic @bikerangelo @VaranisArano I level all my toons to alchemy 50, it’s not about that, that doesn’t take time. See above explanation. Don’t assume everyone who asks for something doesn’t understand this game.

I didn't assume you don't understand the game, what you don't realize is quite a few crafters take the time to make those stacks of potions and put them in guild stores for a proft. With BG's in the mix, speed & immovable pots get consumed like candy by pvpers who can then use their alliance points to buy motif chapters which in turn gives them gold to buy potions from guild stores. Small changes like this can mess with the economy.
    You could make those alliance potions weaker while adding CC immunity, sure, but those potions aren't meant to be used to compete with a maxed out, end game leveling system. Those potions are really there to help you get through the earlier ranks until your character reaches that max level and can craft their own mixtures. You can already buy pve gear with pvp currency, and that's not any fault of the player, it's zos' ineptitude at adequately rewarding players for participating in certain content. If ZOS made alchemy bags purchaseable with AP, I could get behind that idea 100%, but adding CC immunity to the trash alliance pots is a band-aid solution.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bikerangelo what I’m proposing is that the AP pots would simply provide the resource and cc immunity and remove the other benefits such as major sorcery etc. such as the health pot already does. The crafted pots offer more benefits including longer immunity, more resource return and multiple other effects. I very much doubt it would alter the market much. I don’t buy immov pots anyway and I’m not going to start, and I imagine most people are in a similar spot. The people who snap up immov pots are serious pvpers or people who have a ton of time to make extra money and I doubt this would change since they either have the money to spend or want every little edge they can get.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such AP pots might be nice and beneficial to the players, but its would run counter to ZOS' intention which is to encourage players to do all the content (to maximize playtime and thus their money-making opportunities). While immovability pots would be a nice addition to PVP, I simply don't believe that ZOS will add them to the game because that would serve as a shortcut towards bypassing the alchemy grind.

In short, its not that you don't understand the game, its just that adding more complex potions doesn't fit ZOS' vision of the game that we've seen so far. ZOS only provides the simpler potions because they want us to use alchemy to get more complex effects, adding to the grind/playtime of the game.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Such AP pots might be nice and beneficial to the players, but its would run counter to ZOS' intention which is to encourage players to do all the content (to maximize playtime and thus their money-making opportunities). While immovability pots would be a nice addition to PVP, I simply don't believe that ZOS will add them to the game because that would serve as a shortcut towards bypassing the alchemy grind.

In short, its not that you don't understand the game, its just that adding more complex potions doesn't fit ZOS' vision of the game that we've seen so far. ZOS only provides the simpler potions because they want us to use alchemy to get more complex effects, adding to the grind/playtime of the game.

Well, I get that. But again, they already provide the health potion with cc immunity. And there’s still a big reason to craft advanced immov pots for serious players and those who have the time. It’s just that cc is like 50% of pvp combat in such a way that it’s compeletely necessary and I think all players should have access to some form protection from it, not just those who have hours and hours extra to spend farming mats/gold. The fact is you can run through 200 of them in a session. That becomes insanely expensive.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Um, you realize that weapon and spell pots that grant CC immunity don't exist, right? You can't craft them, which is why the existing alliance weapon and spell pots will never gain CC immunity.

However, you could ask ZOS for new types of alliance pots with immunity. They just won't have weapon or spell power.
    Edited by code65536 on November 24, 2017 2:55AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Well, I get that. But again, they already provide the health potion with cc immunity. And there’s still a big reason to craft advanced immov pots for serious players and those who have the time. It’s just that cc is like 50% of pvp combat in such a way that it’s compeletely necessary and I think all players should have access to some form protection from it, not just those who have hours and hours extra to spend farming mats/gold. The fact is you can run through 200 of them in a session. That becomes insanely expensive.

I think your idea is fine. Its certainly a good point that CCs are common in PVP and certainly ZOS can't seem to get the CC immunity thing quite worked out.

But that's the exact reason why ZOS probably won't provide them. ZOS wants us to play different parts of the game, and if you need alchemy to make the mats you need to play PVP, and you need to spend hours farming the mats or gold you need to get those pots, this is a net positive in ZOS' books. Because you have to play more of the game in order to play the parts that you really want to play.

Remember that if you ask ZOS to choose between making the grind easier or continuing the grind, ZOS looks at the grind and sees hours of playtime = $$$$. Transmutation replaces one boring grind of the same content with a slightly more interesting grind with different types of content. If you want this to change, you have to look at what ZOS gets out of it.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i would love to see a wider variety of pots available from the siege merchant...including immovable pots...

I enjoy farming and am a maxed crafter...but, with 10 active characters doing their thing in cyrodiil - the siege merchants pots just make life easier...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 24, 2017 4:27AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • vortexman11
    vortexman11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Race change to Argonian and use the Health/Immovable alliance potions, I lived off those for a good while. Seriously though I don't see why this would be a bad idea if they only had about 50%-65% the effectiveness of CP150 crafted potions. Why shouldn't there be a weaker yet more cost effective alternative that gives the same effects but doesn't last as long or restore the same amount of resources?

Even if not sold for Alliance Points, why aren't there flowers that are more common to come by, yet produce weaker potions with the same effects? Maybe it's just too much on the itemization team or whatever.
    Guild of Shadows ~Elite~
    Învictus ~Council~

EP | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 50 | Former Emperor of Haderus & Chillrend |
    EP | Phobos | Altmer Nightblade | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Cheezus Sliced | Argonian Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 30 |
    EP | Eterno Tempesta | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 33 |
    DC | Vortexman | Dunmer DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 12 |
    DC | Divine Storm | Altmer Sorcerer | LvL 50 | Rank 04 |
    EP | Pocket Vortex | Bosmer Templar | LvL 50 | Rank 24 |
    EP | Vortexman | Redguard DragonKnight | LvL 50 | Rank 28 |
    EP | Fungal Growth | Argonian Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 26 |
    EP | Eternal Guardian | Bosmer Warden | LvL 50 | Rank 13 |
    and a few other random toons

Teaching by example > https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5479085#Comment_5479085
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play without using potions.
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like that would be too easy to get such a strong potion.

It's not too hard to get materials to make your own. Even as a casual if I run out of potions I make a trip to the imperial city for a half hour, get some tel var, get some alchemy parcels, and craft a half stack of tri or immovable pots to get back in the fight.
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Race change to Argonian and use the Health/Immovable alliance potions, I lived off those for a good while. Seriously though I don't see why this would be a bad idea if they only had about 50%-65% the effectiveness of CP150 crafted potions. Why shouldn't there be a weaker yet more cost effective alternative that gives the same effects but doesn't last as long or restore the same amount of resources?

Even if not sold for Alliance Points, why aren't there flowers that are more common to come by, yet produce weaker potions with the same effects? Maybe it's just too much on the itemization team or whatever.

People question my mass argonian magicka lineup.

Makes potions in PVP easy lol.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play without using potions.

People can tell :p
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    yes but instead of adding immovable to the existing alliance war potions (which would make them too powerful, more than crafted stuff IMO), why not add a few new kinds of AP potions, such as immovable + health, also how about tripots and detect pots?

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on November 28, 2017 8:18PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for reducing CC, its OP as heck. In particular fear.

But I disagree with this. Just craft them, and if you thing mats are pricey do writs or buy with Tel var or trade and earn gold - explore the full richness of the game and Immov can be yours easy enough

I bought stacks of Comumbine foe 12k after the IC event, seriously its peanuts now
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are more than enough CC immune people around. Some even use cheats to get infinite CC immunity (or well, just some 4000 days of CC Immunity, as I saw some fool post a screen cap of himself having on Xbox Live just a few minutes ago...), so no. Really, no.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    There are more than enough CC immune people around. Some even use cheats to get infinite CC immunity (or well, just some 4000 days of CC Immunity, as I saw some fool post a screen cap of himself having on Xbox Live just a few minutes ago...), so no. Really, no.

That's often a bug that doesn't accurately reflect the duration of the buff/debuff, at least on PC. Seriously, if I posted pictures of my character screen when I'm lagging or about to crash, you'd think I was the worst cheater. A full page of buffs for my raid/debuffs from enemies, all lasting 490000-some odd days. Except, I'm in the middle of crashing and I'm probably already dead server side.