The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why do DC and EP hate AD so much and with passion?

• Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D.C. Here, I don't know if this helps but I prefer attacking red keeps and defending against yellow. It seems to me when red comes to take over...they bring the hurt. But they always seem out raiding so they don't seem to defend as much, where it seems yellow like to hold keeps and they dig in deep.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    The only thing I agree with AD on...is that we both hate EP. :D

While I dislike both DC and EP, I particularly dislike DC due to the behavior of most DC players I’ve come across. They’ve always struck me as rather arrogant and snobby. In duels and 1-on-1 engagements, they hop around like rabbits. Then proceed with tea-bagging when they claim victorious. Yet make excuses, and behave sour when they obtain defeat. Most of the DC I’ve encountered are also very emotional and two-faced.

Out of all of the DC players I’ve encountered, there are maybe a handful (if that) that I could consider to be nice decent individuals. And that is the truth. Sad. But true.
  • kaiage
    kaiage
    ✭✭✭
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Sad. But true.
    Good song.

Another thing that's sad but true is why you've forgotten to include the EP in this post beyond saying "While I dislike both DC and EP." Other than that all of your post seems to have been dedicated to the DC and why they suck. I agree. But please tell us why you dislike the equally emo and two-faced EP.
    Edited by kaiage on November 21, 2017 11:10PM
    an anonymous EP nightblade and Templar...
    also; a warden and nightblade of the aldmeri flavour.

"there's a dragon with matches, that's loose on the town..."
    "it's no easy road, this struggle and strife... we find ourselves, in the show of life" - tab @ the tab
    If you've been fallen by my steel or blade - sorry there's no tomorrow for yeh!
    Kidding;) don't take it so bad, I've been doing this a long time
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    cairo_x wrote: »
    Hi there, folks!

It bothers me to see that not only in Sotha but also in Vivec DC and EP (MOST OF THE TIME) have to sign up against AD even or specially if AD has low population. It seems almost pathological the utter hate they have on AD side. I would like to know from you folks your ideas or speculations on the matter about the reasons. Here is mine:

The reason DC and EP hate AD so much that's because of the High Elf background on AD side. Hight Elfs are fabulous and beauty so they envy those fancy clothes and Castles. Not to mention the magical power.

Have fun an peace out!

wut
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kaiage wrote: »
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Sad. But true.
    Good song.

Another thing that's sad but true is why you've forgotten to include the EP in this post beyond saying "While I dislike both DC and EP." Other than that all of your post seems to have been dedicated to the DC and why they suck. I agree. But please tell us why you dislike the equally emo and two-faced EP.

The reason why I dislike EP, is because they just are some deadass bums. Lol. No other way to put it. I just dislike them, because they are always some shady and scheming tip. They’re like a bunch of snakes. Can’t trust a Pact member, as they’ll backstab you with the quickness. And then be cocky about their deception. This is proven day in and day out around Tamriel, and even in lore. The Pact are just a bunch of savage bums. Lol.

And it’s not even just on a combat perspective either. If you go to Mournhold (on PS4-NA), you usually will find things more expensive than they should be. Where as if you go to Grahtwood or Wayrest, things are dramatically cheaper. They’re just some bums, bro. They’re always looking for a means to 1-up. Whether it be by screwing people over, or just by doing things that are heavily frowned upon. Just overall dirty scrubs.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on November 21, 2017 11:47PM
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Relax. Everyone dislikes DC.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its... AD. Nothing can sum it up better.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    its A role playing game! So in the spirt of being into the game I don’t like AD or DC!

I do get more hate mail from AD players. So I guess I may dislike AD more!
    Edited by Curtdogg47 on November 22, 2017 3:02AM
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD needs to be zerged into oblivion. Over and over campaign after campaign, camped at the gate and let the real alliances, the one with the better players DC, and EP fight it out for 1st.

You'll always be last AD, and no amount of whining on the forums is going to change that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0jMCKForEQ
  • Hanzus
    Hanzus
    ✭✭✭
    I hate AD and I am AD. Such is life.
    Awesome B)

"Walk always in the light, or we will drag you to it."
    -Vigilant of Stendarr

Nords, the true sons of Skyrim!
    PC NA
  • Dominion_Mirages
    Dominion_Mirages
    ✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    AD needs to be zerged into oblivion. Over and over campaign after campaign, camped at the gate and let the real alliances, the one with the better players DC, and EP fight it out for 1st.
    giphy.gif
    You'll always be last AD, and no amount of whining on the forums is going to change that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0jMCKForEQ

dreams.gif

15 on Dominion's side
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    because dc and ep are ***, and they know it.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jealousy: because Kate Beckingsale is our queen.

thumb-1920-40053.jpg
  • Dominion_Mirages
    Dominion_Mirages
    ✭✭✭
    Heh... I wish they modeled Ayrenn after Kate... Unfortunately, they did quite the opposite...

November-2011-Kate-Beckinsale-rocked-short-white-lace-number.jpg
    15 on Dominion's side
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well the sore losers bailed on their alliance, the ones that nearly burst into tears if their raid gets wiped and belittle persons who the see responsible for it, so now were left with the dedicated and friendly, much rather lose with players like that around me.

I hate to generalise, but i wil, EP to me are a mass of bad's and DC seem to find every exploit there is in the game and rub it in everyone's faces

: P
    Edited by Goshua on November 22, 2017 4:01AM
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD is full of cowardly zergbads who run across the map instead of fighting when you catch them alone, but will gladly roflstomp and teabag you when they have a 10 to 1 numerical advantage. DC and EP are not nearly this bad.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate EP with the same passion I hate the elves.

So you must hate Orcs
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DC and EP (MOST OF THE TIME) have to sign up against AD even or specially if AD has low population.

You have your answer in the quoted part above. If your faction is low pop is won't be putting up much of a fight without some really good groups. The other two factions smell blood in the water and push your faction. It happens all day every day because the main driver for people is now AP not campaign.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Wing
    Wing
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    actually there are many base human reasons why AD is hated more so then the other alliances in the alliance war.

-COLOR

yellow on the color spectrum is near the bottom in terms of preference by humans, blue is at the top as one of the most favorite colors, and red is near the middle.

so players don't like the color yellow

-POSITION

all things being equal humans will take the centermost, or most obvious choice they are presented with. AD is located in the center of the map comparatively to the other two factions so its where most players will focus if looking for a fight

players aim for center and that center is AD

getting into a few more subjective reasons

-VLAST and CROPS

are both located behind AD lines compared to bruma that is located an even distance between EP and DC. this is a slight boon but a large bane as it makes the possibility of holding them slightly more easy but the loss of them far more devastating and opens up far more of AD's keeps being attacked at random and from weird locations when its far more easy to have spawn points behind enemy lines.

-RACES

race restricted alliances are still a thing to most people and AD does not draw the most competitive of players as far as race choice is concerned. players choosing pretty high elves are not as inclined to be aggressive or PVP oriented as players that choose Orcs or Nords

-faction META

EP has the numbers, DC has the guilds, been that way forever except for a time when some EP migrated to DC then DC had the guilds AND the numbers. AD gets by with an unparalleled ability to have a bunch of tiny groups or solo players faction stack when required, AD pugs are not as dependent on guilds.

-Alessia bridge

was specifically built and placed by the team purple devs to keep AD down, as long as it exists AD will continue to have troubles. . .in all seriousness the bridge is much harder to get past then mile gates and far more easy to get stuck on.
    Edited by Wing on November 22, 2017 5:12AM
    ESO player since beta.
    full time subscriber.
    PC NA
    ( ^_^ )

You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods You shall be as gods -Xenogears
    DK one trick
  • Kozato
    Kozato
    ✭✭✭
    I have your answer.
    It's PvP and people are scraping at things to complain at. On every faction there is hatred towards the other factions. Each team yells at the opposition saying they zerg to win when they do it themself, but turn a blind eye and use the "we're a raid, not a zerg" excuse
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    ... I would like to know from you folks your ideas or speculations on the matter about the reasons. Here is mine:

Here is mine:
    Players always complain about the other two factions and you happen to be an AD player
    if you were EP you would complain about team green, and if you were DC you would be here expressing confusion as to why it's always blue vs. orange

Yup pretty much this :smile:
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mondini wrote: »
    AD queen is my waifu
    DC and EP are jealous they don't get one

Bah I like hairy reeking nords anyway....
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Alchemical
    Alchemical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those+pointyeared+_a527fdf12bd1427abe19c29e2249852d.jpg
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've played on the 30-day CP campaign in all three alliances, and I found that each one disliked the other two equally, or complained about them joining forces. Lately I've been playing mostly on my DC toons, and in every group I've participated, the decision of which keep to hit is based on how the map looks and the scoreboard, and not on alliance vendettas :)
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D.C. Here, I don't know if this helps but I prefer attacking red keeps and defending against yellow. It seems to me when red comes to take over...they bring the hurt. But they always seem out raiding so they don't seem to defend as much, where it seems yellow like to hold keeps and they dig in deep.

I wish xbox AD could dig in like you said, its the opposite..We blitz everything via front door and only defend alessia or roe sometimes not even that.
  • SisterGoat
    SisterGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you've ever played Civilization or any conquest game similar to it, it's a good strategy to ally with somebody to take over another enemy, especially if they are too strong to take on alone. Once they've been eliminated, you go turn on your ally so you can conquer them.
    Edited by SisterGoat on November 22, 2017 10:19AM
    Jumps-In-Water - Magicka Templar
    Dar'akar - Stamina Nightblade
    Jumps-In-Lava - Magicka Dragon Knight
    PC/NA
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all in your head, and/or the result of "guild politics" and/or even single individuals. The "hatred" isn't the same on all servers and platforms.
  • malchior
    malchior
    ✭✭✭✭
    True that. Here's a brown paper bag...
    Heh... I wish they modeled Ayrenn after Kate... Unfortunately, they did quite the opposite...

November-2011-Kate-Beckinsale-rocked-short-white-lace-number.jpg

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The details are different by Platform and Server, but the story is always the same. Two sides form an under the table unspoken Alliance to double team the third, and this seems to happen no matter what platform, server, or campaign you play on. For Xbox NA, the EP are the ones constantly double teamed. One of the biggest reasons why I quit PvP. There's even collaborators in the Pact side that sit back and allow/encourage the other factions to take Keeps.

A Dominion Guild will have one guy log in on his Pact character and go into the same Campaign, feeding them information and such.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • laksikus
    laksikus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big boss the dark phoenix