The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why do DC and EP hate AD so much and with passion?

cairo_x
cairo_x
✭✭✭
Hi there, folks!

It bothers me to see that not only in Sotha but also in Vivec DC and EP (MOST OF THE TIME) have to sign up against AD even or specially if AD has low population. It seems almost pathological the utter hate they have on AD side. I would like to know from you folks your ideas or speculations on the matter about the reasons. Here is mine:

The reason DC and EP hate AD so much that's because of the High Elf background on AD side. Hight Elfs are fabulous and beauty so they envy those fancy clothes and Castles. Not to mention the magical power.

Have fun an peace out!
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok
  • Anrose
    Anrose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is gonna be one heckin’ good salt farm.
  • MJallday
    MJallday
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think you might be overthinking this....
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    cairo_x wrote: »
    ... I would like to know from you folks your ideas or speculations on the matter about the reasons. Here is mine:

Here is mine:
    Players always complain about the other two factions and you happen to be an AD player
    if you were EP you would complain about team green, and if you were DC you would be here expressing confusion as to why it's always blue vs. orange

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which server? Because I play EP in PC/NA Vivec, and I'm sitting here thinking why do DC and AD hate EP so much?

So when I think that, I tend to think that if I think that AD and DC gang up against EP...and an AD player thinks EP and DC gang up against AD...and its a fair bet now that a DC player thinks the other factions gang up on DC...

Maybe we're all just playing the game for our faction and feeling outnumbered and unfairly picked on by the other two factions.

(Though, given that EP has had a string of victories on PC/NA Vivec, I'm not terribly surprised that DC and AD focus us when we're in first place. Its the best way to improve their scores. It makes for interesting fights.)
  • bitels
    bitels
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not true at all- we hate EP as much as AD
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you play chess with your friend, you will realize that you are blind to certain things that only your opponent will notice--and so does your opponent. This is mainly due to opponents priortise things differently, you care more about your defense than he does, etc.

Which is why you will ALWAYS think, in 1v1v1 situation, the other 2 is unfaily against you together
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »
    ... I would like to know from you folks your ideas or speculations on the matter about the reasons. Here is mine:

Here is mine:
    Players always complain about the other two factions and you happen to be an AD player
    if you were EP you would complain about team green, and if you were DC you would be here expressing confusion as to why it's always blue vs. orange

This.

Yellow complains about team purple
    Red complains about team green
    Blue complains about team orange
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Here is mine:

^
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brings me back to my GW2 WvWvW threads. The good old, why do the other 2 servers always team up against us. They were usually quite good an salty. And by the end of the week every server had claimed the other 2 were teaming up against them.

But usually it always comes down to the same thing, they would pick on the weakest link as the easiest way to get points is to roll those who are easy and hold their stuff.

So Conclusion id day that they hate AD the most, because in those campaigns AD sucks the most.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.

I'm EP and AD and I 'dislike' DC.
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    honestly I'm sure a lot of people hate AD because "they later become the thalmor" in TESV
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I call it the perpetual bromance . Those two factions have a literal stick up their smurfs about us. Sotha is the worst tho. I have seen times where those two literally wouldnt touch one another for hours on end, even if one of them was emp.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Here is mine:

Im gonna have to disagree with this 100%. I used to be on blues, and I used to be on reds way WAY back. And on both sides you would constantly hear " do not attack blue/reds, focus on yellows "
  • fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno I hate blueberries more. AD has my precious kitty cats <3
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hate AD and I am AD. Such is life.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EU or NA Campaigns ?
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell this is a mostly PC thread because on PS4 NA AD out populates EP and DC.
    Or at least did till the loading screen fiasco.
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jade1986 wrote: »

Here is mine:

Im gonna have to disagree with this 100%. I used to be on blues, and I used to be on reds way WAY back. And on both sides you would constantly hear " do not attack blue/reds, focus on yellows "

nope, sorry
    you may have constantly heard it, but personally did not
    have not really heard people call for leaving a particular side alone since playing AD back in the beta during the PvP stress tests

have, however, been in a number of multi-alliance guilds since then
    and heard complaints about 'team orange' 'team purple' and 'team green' from players in the same campaign during the span of the same day
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Here is mine:

nope, sorry
    have not really heard people call for leaving a particular side alone since playing AD back in the beta during the PvP stress tests

and heard complaints about 'team orange' 'team purple' and 'team green' from players in the same campaign during the span of the same day

Well, next time I see blue and red zergs running together ill make sure to record it.
  • SelfTherapy
    SelfTherapy
    ✭✭✭
    I made a red guard Templar back in the day on AD, got off that ship when you first start out and I was told to leave the alliance by some random because I was a redguard. Okay, deleted the character and went DC and thank god I did.
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I dont dislike AD or DC. Unfortunately, for cats and bosmer. You signed up with the wrong alliance.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • emilyhyoyeon
    emilyhyoyeon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Here is mine:

nope, sorry

Well, next time I see blue and red zergs running together ill make sure to record it.

I actually saw a week ago on EU 4 reds and 3 blues sieging a yellow keep together LOL. It was late at night EU time so I figured whatever
    IGN @ emilypumpkin
    Zirasia Firemaker, imperial fire mage & sunbather _ Deebaba Soul-Weaver, argonian spirit minder & soul gem collector
    Tullanisse Starborne, altmer battlemage & ayleid researcher _ Qa'Rirra, khajiit assassin & dancer
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    True...the orc doesn't like flowers and doesn't like elves (even himself) and most of the khajiit hate him aswell. So...AD must be destroyed!!!
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I logged on to Vivec on NA PC last night. After chasing AD around the resources at Arrius and BRK, AD faction stacked BRK simultaneously as DC faction stacked Chalman. EP lost both keeps in quick order. So please tell me again how the supposition in the OP holds any credence.
    Edited by LonePirate on November 21, 2017 6:01PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, its due to AD spawn camping us for weeks on end when I first came PvP. Like a virtual war crime. Never forgotten.

Also alot of annoying players are on AD lol.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Dominion_Mirages
    Dominion_Mirages
    ✭✭✭
    mrw-when-the-same-student-keeps-asking-stupid-questions-45476.gif
    15 on Dominion's side
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bruh, nothing boils blood in my veins more than Covenant on Sotha Sil EU. When somebody says "Chalman" I get seizure and flashbacks from war. I don't feel the same with "Alessia Bridge", AD is annyoing mostly when they are joining Green Alliance.
    PC/EU
  • Mondini
    Mondini
    ✭✭✭✭
    AD queen is my waifu
    DC and EP are jealous they don't get one
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hate everybody.
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old